IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

They might have been going to Texas. Lawson did an live insta about ten hours ago saying he was going to be in Huston Tomorrow or I guess today now. 

I think the IBLP homeschooling conference starts next week in big sandy texas so probably that

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, llucie said:

I think the IBLP homeschooling conference starts next week in big sandy texas so probably that

very true can't believe I forgot Big Sandy. especially since we were just discussing the Duggar's going there. :headdesk:

They left poor Brooklyn in the dust again.

I’m being dramatic on purpose....I know they probably had a reason but it just looks so consistently obvious!  

Its funny until it was mentioned I never noticed Erin always seems to be with Carson and never with Brooklyn. Now its all I notice.     

5 hours ago, llucie said:

Maybe because she is too young to understand yet an ultrasound? the Bates did a live facebook today and they were in a car travelling to somewhere and Erin was with Brooklyn and Everly only. They said Whitney and Zach were taking care of the rest of the kids, so i guess Carson was with them.

My nephew is 26 months old, about six months older than Brooklyn. He’s attended at least one ultrasound with his parents (within the last few weeks when he was 25 months). He got excited and clapped when it was over because he got to see baby brother - and he liked feeling his brother kick the other day too. Some younger kids can understand a little bit of what’s going on, but you’re right that Brooklyn may be a bit young right now. It may have been easier for Chad to have just Carson to handle during the ultrasound rather than Carson and Brooklyn.  

Chad brought her up. He said Brooklyn had him wrapped around his finger. This could be a Daddy's Little Girl thing and I think it does't hurt that Carson looks so much like Erin. She may just gravitate to him. 

I wonder if it's partly a personality thing. I know Erin had an instagram post about calming Brooklyn in the grocery store with cheetos. So perhaps, Brooklyn doesn't like being out and about as much, or is just prone to little tantrums? Not that there is anything wrong with that, many kids do that. 

Yes,they could have a personality conflict.Brooklyn is a bit young for that.But my mother and I had a personality conflict.I felt like she favored two of my three brothers over another brother and myself.And as the only daughter,I was much closer to my father.He understood me,most of the time.

With my sons,I get along great with one,the other not so great...we clash often.

18 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

More Everly new born pics

Whats up with rolling the baby so they cant move?

Whats up with rolling the babys so tight that can barly breath, and cant move at all?

1 hour ago, Irene said:

Whats up with rolling the baby so they cant move?

Whats up with rolling the babys so tight that can barly breath, and cant move at all?

When my daughter was that age, that was the only way she would sleep- swaddled as tightly as possible. I personally don't really have a problem with wraps/swaddles on children that young, a lot of times they like it because it mimics the space they had in the womb. The problem is swaddling children at inappropriate times/ages, like when they're old enough to be doing more moving and exploring.

There is some belief that swaddling a baby’s arms at night isn’t super safe. Although that might be age specific and apply more to when they’re rolling over? I don’t know for sure.

I preferred this swaddle for the newborn stage, So that their arms weren’t pinned to their side. It always seemed a bit comfier for my little ones.

I don’t think we can really tell just from a photo op, how or if they swaddle Everly.

A3A30C44-C5C8-4D5F-9D56-6E5DEE1123D3.thumb.jpeg.83d723edc70bd7a03e6f75c7bbb18319.jpeg

My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby.They have a registry at Target.I looked at it.One of the things they want is something to swaddle their baby.

My youngest son used to cry around the same time ,everyday,for awhile.Swaddling helped him.I thought he had colic,at first.

57 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

There is some belief that swaddling a baby’s arms at night isn’t super safe. Although that might be age specific and apply more to when they’re rolling over? I don’t know for sure.

I preferred this swaddle for the newborn stage, So that their arms weren’t pinned to their side. It always seemed a bit comfier for my little ones.

I don’t think we can really tell just from a photo op, how or if they swaddle Everly.

A3A30C44-C5C8-4D5F-9D56-6E5DEE1123D3.thumb.jpeg.83d723edc70bd7a03e6f75c7bbb18319.jpeg

wtf it looks like she has a floating head. The softening around the face makes it look like photoshop.

So Erin just posted that she’s just now potty training Carson.

If I was me I would’ve try and get it done wayyy before Everly arrived so I wouldn’t risk 3 in diapers but I know some toddlers are really stubborn with it so I’m not gonna give her such a hard time on it. 

Apparently she’s “loving!” this stage of 2 toddlers and a newborn. I hope she’s genuine about it and not just making it seem like her life is perfect while going crazy on the inside. 

The post mentioned above. Yes it really does sound like Erin is loving the little kids and is probably eager to have more. She is my pet fundie and I had hope that her reproductive health issues would cause her to slow down on the baby train (or at least Chad would put his foot down)...but I no longer think that. Erin and Chad are happy together, have a beautiful little life, and are all in on IBLP/quiverful. I only hope that their lives stay as beautiful as they find them now when they have 3 more kids, everyone is under 8, and Brooklyn is too young to sister-mom. 

At least Carson is cute?? :confusion-shrug:

Erin has a very adorable very real picture of her and Everly up on her insta story right now. that may be the first time I've seen Erin with no make up 

The picture mentioned above.

Personalky, this is the most beautiful I’ve seen her look. She’s always been pretty with all me makeup, but I really like the clean face look on her. 

DE9B4550-D1C8-419B-9BA8-7478D9DFA127.png

On 4/4/2018 at 12:46 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Here is a delightful video of Carson ignoring the fuck out of Lawson and refusing to let Lawson use his sister as a photo prop, I mean hold her.

Oh my gawd!! Shut the fuck up Lawson!! You are so fucking annoying!!! 

Good job Carson!

On 4/9/2018 at 7:48 PM, Casserole said:

That's what they're marketed for, yes, but they're a "best kept secret" of the postpartum group. They absorb a lot and they're disposable so you don't ruin your own underwear. 

Before my hysterectomy a few years ago I had VERY VERY heavy periods & one day it finally dawned on me that depends would be a great idea to sleep in when I had it! Worked wonderful!! 

1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

Oh my gawd!! Shut the fuck up Lawson!! You are so fucking annoying!!! 

Good job Carson!

Before my hysterectomy a few years ago I had VERY VERY heavy periods & one day it finally dawned on me that depends would be a great idea to sleep in when I had it! Worked wonderful!! 

I have this problem and had never thought of this obvious solution.

Thank you

I'm so glad I could help!! I slept SO much better because I could lay however I wanted without having to worry about leakage. It really was wonderful.

6 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Swaddling newborns is fine. Once the baby starts rolling is when you should stop swaddling. We switched our daughter from Halo Swaddles to their sleep sacks at that point. She’s 16 months now and she loves her sleep sack so much that she’ll refuse to nap or sleep without it.

3 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

The picture mentioned above.

Personalky, this is the most beautiful I’ve seen her look. She’s always been pretty with all me makeup, but I really like the clean face look on her. 

DE9B4550-D1C8-419B-9BA8-7478D9DFA127.png

Wow, she looks fantastic!  I mean I'm sure there's some insta filters going on here, but she really looks 10 years younger. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived