IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

Aren't Depends for bladder weakness? (That's how they're marketed over here).

I'd assumed that Erin was sharing her relief that she had regained control of her bladder now there wasn't a baby kicking it day and night.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Allie had a party and only 3/5ths of the Paine's family could attend...for a family that talks about family, blessings blah, blah, blah, does this not give them some moment to pause and think about how limiting "leaving it all up to God" really is? Not that any family can attend every little celebration, but to me, having another, and another just makes each one less precious and special.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So, Allie had a party and only 3/5ths of the Paine's family could attend...for a family that talks about family, blessings blah, blah, blah, does this not give them some moment to pause and think about how limiting "leaving it all up to God" really is? Not that any family can attend every little celebration, but to me, having another, and another just makes each one less precious and special.

I'm a bit confused I mean yes it would be nice if Erin plus kids went but it's not like Allie is their grandchild it's just their niece. 

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

I'm a bit confused I mean yes it would be nice if Erin plus kids went but it's not like Allie is their grandchild it's just their niece. 

Did Carson go with the GPs?

Or did he, Erin and the baby all go too?

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Did Carson go with the GPs?

Or did he, Erin and the baby all go too?

I don't know who all went. I haven't seen any pictures of Carson with the Bates in FL. (not saying he's not i just haven't seen him)  Erin just had new born pictures done and i'm sure Carson was there for those. 

Did you mean the Bates? Or the Websters? Not the Paines. No way do the Paines with a newborn of their own make that party...

4 hours ago, Dugg@rTime said:

Aren't Depends for bladder weakness? (That's how they're marketed over here).

I'd assumed that Erin was sharing her relief that she had regained control of her bladder now there wasn't a baby kicking it day and night.

That's what they're marketed for, yes, but they're a "best kept secret" of the postpartum group. They absorb a lot and they're disposable so you don't ruin your own underwear. 

@BeccaGrim @Ivycoveredtower: the following comment is what I was referencing. So it seems as if Carson, Erin and I assume the new baby were in FL, but Brooklyn was left behind. If this is true, that should be a clue that maybe, just maybe you have too many kids.

from reading Ellie's blog I know that Carson was in FL with the girls and that Erin said she couldn't stand to leave him behind because they are inseparable and do everything together. please tell me Brooklyn was also there if not my estimation of Erin has taken a giant nose dive. 

Here’s the blog post mentioned:

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/04/beach-blanket-bachelorette-recap.html?m=1

And no. Brooklyn didn’t attend. 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

@BeccaGrim @Ivycoveredtower: the following comment is what I was referencing. So it seems as if Carson, Erin and I assume the new baby were in FL, but Brooklyn was left behind. If this is true, that should be a clue that maybe, just maybe you have too many kids.

from reading Ellie's blog I know that Carson was in FL with the girls and that Erin said she couldn't stand to leave him behind because they are inseparable and do everything together. please tell me Brooklyn was also there if not my estimation of Erin has taken a giant nose dive. 

Here’s the blog post mentioned:

https://www.batesfamilyblog.com/2018/04/beach-blanket-bachelorette-recap.html?m=1

And no. Brooklyn didn’t attend. 

Oh no you got a bit confused. we were talking about a trip they took months ago before Tori's wedding. they all went to FL for Tori's Bachelorette party. Erin was still pregnant with Everly at that time. we were discussing it because that episode just aired on Thursday.  she did take Carson and left Brooklyn at home on that trip. 

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

april7.jpg.7fef1e0cc5948b4b5b17d57bfe2023fc.jpg

Edit: It was actually 'You're hilar!' Even better.

I love you for posting this. April is my spirit animal, and I am sure I sport that same facial expression several times a day. Especially while reading about the Dillards. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

I love you for posting this. April is my spirit animal, and I am sure I sport that same facial expression several times a day. Especially while reading about the Dillards. :pb_lol:

Happy April celebration month!

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Oh no you got a bit confused. we were talking about a trip they took months ago before Tori's wedding. they all went to FL for Tori's Bachelorette party. Erin was still pregnant with Everly at that time. we were discussing it because that episode just aired on Thursday.  she did take Carson and left Brooklyn at home on that trip. 

TY- I do not get the UP channel, so do not actually watch the show.

Oh! I thought you were talking about this most recent trip that some of them have taken to go meet Zoey Joy with Alyssa. But you are talking about Tori's bachelorette party in Florida.  Yes. She left Brooklyn home and took Carson because she couldn't be separated. I see what the confusion was. And it is very odd to say you can't leave Carson but here Brook-y stay behind with whoever. 

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Oh! I thought you were talking about this most recent trip that some of them have taken to go meet Zoey Joy with Alyssa. But you are talking about Tori's bachelorette party in Florida.  Yes. She left Brooklyn home and took Carson because she couldn't be separated. I see what the confusion was. And it is very odd to say you can't leave Carson but here Brook-y stay behind with whoever. 

My main point, at what time do these folks realize that all the "family, special, blessings, no need for jobs or health insurance"  talks needs to go, when you already can't travel with your entire family and you only have two kids????

Are they so uneducated and limited that they can not connect the dots? More kids does not make each one more special or precious, a wonderful blessing to cherish, protect, provide for and educate???

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My main point, at what time do these folks realize that all the "family, special, blessings, no need for jobs or health insurance"  talks needs to go, when you already can't travel with your entire family and you only have two kids????

Are they so uneducated and limited that they can not connect the dots? More kids does not make each one more special or precious, a wonderful blessing to cherish, protect, provide for and educate???

I don't think it was that she couldn't take Brooklyn it was that she chose not to take Brooklyn 

In other news here is some pictures of Everly oh and Brooklyn has those curls again. 

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'm thinking pretty much to the bolded. They were raised by parents who didn't put any thought into how they would care for their constantly growing brood. Gil and Kelly put no thought into caring for their family and they ended up fairly well off, so it isn't like they are seeing the real consequences of this lifestyle. Sure they lived through poverty, but people always gave them stuff and to their eyes it seems like God blessed them for living this way. 

Erin answered someone in the comments who asked a question about brooklyn's curls, and for those who worried: they were done with sponge rollers on Brooklyn's request, and definitely not with a curling iron. And the way her answer was phrased seemed to imply that she would not use a curling iron on a toddler's hair.

I found her answer: "lol...she wanted sponge rollers...haha...no, I wouldn't try a curling iron for sure! *shocked/spooked emoticon*".

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm thinking pretty much to the bolded. They were raised by parents who didn't put any thought into how they would care for their constantly growing brood. Gil and Kelly put no thought into caring for their family and they ended up fairly well off, so it isn't like they are seeing the real consequences of this lifestyle. Sure they lived through poverty, but people always gave them stuff and to their eyes it seems like God blessed them for living this way. 

Eventually some of the kids are going to find they can't just reproduce without a thought on how to support their children.  Right now, it there's TV money coming in but that's not going to continue forever.  Unfortunately once the money dries up some of them will find themselves in a real pickle, not enough money to support the !!!eleventy!!!! kids.  And somehow I don't think they are going to be able to grift like their dad.   Gil has an amazing talent for that and also no shame in doing it.

Granted the married kids are all working but there are still limits.  I wouldn't be surprised if Erin and Alyssa start finding that things are getting a bit tight moneywise after baby no. 3.

Right now the only ones who seem to maybe have some idea that money goes only so far are Zach and Whit.   Whit's now working and they also bought a house so they will have some sweat equity in that.   And only two kids.   And I get the feeling they like life just as it is, that they know that more kids means a strain on the money. 

I get the impression that Zach's failed courtship and public humiliation nudged him into seeing that the lifestyle isn't all that. I don't doubt that he is still a Trump loving, NRA fanatic who will vote to suppress women's rights and the rights of minorities, but I don't think he is as in love with the whole quiverfull lifestyle as some of his siblings. 

Gil does have the amazing talent of grifting! Not many people can grift like he did. 

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I get the impression that Zach's failed courtship and public humiliation nudged him into seeing that the lifestyle isn't all that. I don't doubt that he is still a Trump loving, NRA fanatic who will vote to suppress women's rights and the rights of minorities, but I don't think he is as in love with the whole quiverfull lifestyle as some of his siblings. 

Gil does have the amazing talent of grifting! Not many people can grift like he did. 

D0E0496B-04A1-4265-8479-EE7B12B91213.thumb.jpeg.ebab48066dcdfc570fc98ee4f67e8d4a.jpeg

I’m not even sorry for ruining a great Disney song. This makes my withered little heart really happy. :pb_lol:

I have to say, Gil's greatest con was to pull one over on Gothard. It shows you what master manipulators Gil and Kelly are that they managed to cozy up to Gothard and shove him out of the organization he started. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I get the same impression about Zach and his failed courtship.  He clearly and naively went into it fully believing that it would all work out, it never occurred to him that it could not.  When it did, it was not just getting over a breakup the same as if he were dating, but it probably undermined the idea of courtship and more importantly, that his parents were right all the time.   I suspect that Gil and Kelly's backtracking on courtship and calling it "dating with a purpose" instead was a response to that experience.

He probably still holds a lot of beliefs that he was raised with but that broken courtship experience may have ignited a spark of thinking independently even if a little bit.   He got a reality check.  I suspect that's behind why he and Whit are doing more mainstream things like buying a house, Whit working,  Zach's police work which is not exactly following his grifting parents' choices.

I was just watching an old ABC special on the Bates. (It's in the waiting on the next wedding thread if anyone wants to see.) Anyway this was after Judson before Jeb and it was said that Kelly Jo got free prenatal care at Dr Vick's office. Since Erin also goes there I'm am guessing she has the same deal. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived