IGNORED

Erin and Chad 3: Welcoming Baby Everly

Jellybean

13 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

On the eyelash topic: she could have those fake lashes that stay on. Is it called eyelash fillers? I think it has to be refilled every three months or so? One of those things I am too scared to try because I heard from some people they have to continue doing it because their own lashes got thinner through it and now they really need the fake ones. 

I don’t think she has those as they’re pretty expensive and you aren’t supposed to use mascara with them.  

Also, I’m 99% sure those are her real lashes. Glue on’s are a PIA and are super noticeable up close.  The better ones also say not to use mascara, and if you ignore the instructions they look weird and you have to rip them off and put a second set on and you WILL be late to the event you’re going to... not that I know from experience or anything lol

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to admit it (because I feel very lucky not to have been raised in fundy-world); but I am a bit jealous of Erin. She is very beautiful, has a nice house, a husband that adores her (but ofcourse we'll never know how they treat each other IRL), siblings, plenty of pets and 3 beautiful children.

35 minutes ago, Karma said:

Ah, don’t be jealous. If you join the fundy world @Timetraveler you too could have the perfect life. That’s what they’re selling with these perfect family photos. ;) 

This is exactly what I was just saying in the Alyssa thread. They WANT YOU to be jealous. They want you to feel somehow inferior. Might not even be conscious, but it is there all the sane. 

Everyone is home. Chad is cute. The kids are cute. Erin is cute. But the fundie lifestyle is not your friend!!!

7 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

Also, I’m 99% sure those are her real lashes.

I think so too. I also think it comes off that way because she does brush both the top and bottom of her top lashes (as you see in Erin Bates Paine's Amazing Makeup Tutorial) - most of us dont i guess. Yes I watched it dont judge me LOL

I also think she has real eye lashes but doing that type of eye lash thing with glued on eyelashes before birth is a thing though, I have at least two friends who did when they were about a week before birth in case they would not be able to (or want to) put on makeup once the baby was born. It looked very nice I think but too expensive for me and I never wear makeup anyway. 

All I can tell y'all is I WISH my hospital pics looked as good as hers.  I was an older first time mom, and I did not look so cute and fresh.  

15 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

All I can tell y'all is I WISH my hospital pics looked as good as hers.  I was an older first time mom, and I did not look so cute and fresh.  

You probably also weren't a Christian fundamentalist with a religious and political agenda to make childbearing appear as glamourous as possible.

I was not.  Incidentally, when I look back on it, every woman I personally know, that I can think of who looked amazing and completely put together right after birth, was part of a very gender-traditional marriage/environment.  That is completely anecdotal, of course, but it's not difficult to draw conclusions that there might be pressure to look a certain way quickly after birth when certain relationship dynamics are at play.  To be perfectly honest, the father of my children was much more traditional than I was and was always a little bit disdainful of my lack of concern for being arm candy.  I like to look nice, but I'm definitely not a makeup tutorial person. :)

I looked good in my hospital pics because I'd been at work with a full face of make-up and my hair freshly blown out when my water broke. My post-labor good looks were completely unintentional. :pb_lol: Had I just been chillin' at home when it happened, I'm sure I wouldn't have looked as nice.

All these babies look incredibly jaundiced to me (A 35 year Nicu nurse)- I want to check their hydration status and bilirubin levels, LOL.

My kids were towheads. Very little, curly hair at birth- and that hair did not fall out. They both have light colored hair, although neither retained the curls.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:05 AM, Carm_88 said:

Newborns never really look like anyone to me. They're too fresh out of the oven, (if we are going with the bun in the oven analogy) for me to see much of anyone in them. When they get a bit older, it's easier to see. 

I've always thought that newborns look like loaves of bread. My first nephew was (and still is) very long and skinny so I called him the baguette baby. Nephew #2 was a chunky little guy for a while, so he was labelled sourdough boy :)

Here is a delightful video of Carson ignoring the fuck out of Lawson and refusing to let Lawson use his sister as a photo prop, I mean hold her.

11 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Here is a delightful video of Carson ignoring the fuck out of Lawson and refusing to let Lawson use his sister as a photo prop, I mean hold her.

Oh Little Carson is amazing. I watched a live video that Erin did as she was leaving the hospital and she said Carson is very protective and was afraid people were going to take Everly home with them. 

Lawson is as annoying as fuck. 

On 4/2/2018 at 7:26 PM, neurogirl said:

But the fundie lifestyle is not your friend!!!

This is what one should remember every time we look at the happy, cute and perfect pictures that get put up from our fundie snarkees out there.   It puts a nice and harmless looking face on a harmful lifestyle.

I always did my makeup immediately after childbirth. That was my normal routine, and it made me feel comfortable, so I don’t think Erin is falsely presenting her image, or any ideal. I think she just likes doing makeup and hair, so she’s on auto pilot with that stuff.

Whoever just said about the jaundice, I agree. I keep thinking that. Has anyone checked her levels? She was born in a hospital so I imagine they did but sheesh. And I think Everly looks like Isaiah 

On 4/2/2018 at 2:36 PM, Timetraveler said:

I hate to admit it (because I feel very lucky not to have been raised in fundy-world); but I am a bit jealous of Erin. She is very beautiful, has a nice house, a husband that adores her (but ofcourse we'll never know how they treat each other IRL), siblings, plenty of pets and 3 beautiful children.

Don’t forget the clotting disorder and the miscarriages. If I was going to be jealous of someone, I’d pick Alyssa. Though I totally get that Chad is an enviable husband.

But why be jealous of Alyssa? She's a 23 year-old stuck in the middle of her breeding circle. Her and John are probably struggling to live a lifestyle they can hardly afford, especially with a family growing at this rate. They both do cleaning for a living next to John's dayjob which is probably not something most people would be jealous of. They have to do this because their parents chose not to educate them. Their glamorous "church pictures" do not represent those people's reality. 

I do wonder how these fundies that choose to not educate their children (f.ex. Chad's dad & John's dad) but got a real education themselves picture the lives of the future generations in their family. Do they deliberately deprive them of that to feel some kind of power over them? 

16 minutes ago, faraway said:

Their glamorous "church pictures" do not represent those people's reality. 

Exactly. Reality is probably a lot more like the picture of the former fundie princess Kelly Bradrick standing on a porch pregnant, holding a baby, with a toddler at her feet and looking totally exhausted. 

3 hours ago, faraway said:

[...]

I do wonder how these fundies that choose to not educate their children (f.ex. Chad's dad & John's dad) but got a real education themselves picture the lives of the future generations in their family. Do they deliberately deprive them of that to feel some kind of power over them? 

That is what baffles me as well. And don’t the adult children see how their parents betrayed them? I believe Chad and Erin might be a bit better off with Erin’s music CD‘s but the difference from an elected politician to a AC worker/cleaner must be painfully obvious. 

It will be interesting what decisions they make regarding the education of their own children. At least the Bates’ children made it to college (sort of) and they know people who did some good work training and seem quite successful as college is not the right path for everyone. The Duggars and their in laws seem to be more down the road to despair in that regard.

Please not: in my country you get a really beautiful pension if you have been elected into state or national parliament twice. So I assume John‘s Dad has a comfortable life. 

On 4/4/2018 at 9:46 AM, VineHeart137 said:

What a little cutie! I don't know who is cuter him or Bradly? In all honesty all the Bates grandbabies are adorable.

Carson is too sweet! Lawson needs the photo to make the fundie maidens swoon, but he doesn't seem to want to settle down. Perhaps another Bachelor to the Rapture?

from reading Ellie's blog I know that Carson was in FL with the girls and that Erin said she couldn't stand to leave him behind because they are inseparable and do everything together. please tell me Brooklyn was also there if not my estimation of Erin has taken a giant nose dive. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived