IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

39 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Well, she's got the adoring fundie gaze down, as well as the old stand-by denim skirt. She should fit right in. 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

Well, she's got the adoring fundie gaze down, as well as the old stand-by denim skirt. She should fit right in. 

At least he's looking at her also not the usual picture where the girl is looking at the boy and the boy is looking straight ahead. 

8 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

picture of Si and Lauren from JInger's baby shower. 

Jinger-Baby-Shower-6.png

They look awfully snugly in that picture I think I'm slightly defrauded. 

However, not as defrauded as watching JoKen tubing at the lake lol

16 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

However, not as defrauded as watching JoKen tubing at the lake lol

Lol! I was laughing so hard watching those scenes on CO! like he was trying so hard to not have too much physical contact that it made the whole thing so much more awkward (and an epic fail of course too)

I'm 35... my son is 10, but I know lots of people my age with high schoolers. 

An old friend of mine (haven't talked in years, our lives took different paths, but my sister is friends with his first ex wife on facebook) recently became a grandpa- His mom was 15 when he was born, he was 16 when his oldest child was born (he's got  three "sets" of kids, from 3 different moms... at least last I knew, there may be more now), and his oldest daughter (he was maybe 18 when she was born? his first two are pretty close together. maybe he was still 17) had a baby a year or so ago at 14!!!

I can't imagine having a teenager at this point, much less being a grandma!!!!!

1 hour ago, rainbowbabycakes said:

I can't imagine having a teenager at this point, much less being a grandma!!!!!

When I was 35 my oldest was 17. She made me a grandma about a month before my 39th b-day and again 7 months after my 40th b-day. 

Don't try to imagine having a teenager...trust me. 

Oldest will be 18 in July, and I stopped into the casual restaurant where she works to get a shake (nothing better to soothe a throat ravaged by coughing due to pneumonia!) 2 of her newer coworkers who hadn't seen me before commented on how young I look. I'll be 39 this fall. Even weirder for me is my oldest graduates HS in 8 weeks but my childhood best friend had twins a few months ago.  And really hoping neither of my daughters (17 and 13) makes me a grandma anytime soon!! No offense to anyone, I'm just struggling to adjust to her having a driver's license, prom, and graduation as it is!

On 4/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

picture of Si and Lauren from JInger's baby shower. 

Jinger-Baby-Shower-6.png

People's reaction to the colour pink and gender issues aside, it is a colour that I think looks good on almost everyone (depending on the shade of pink, of course).

I thought it would be interesting to look at the Marjorie and Lauren courtship announcements together 

I had totally forgotten that josh was in a majority of the Marjorie video *shudder*

Spoiler

I think Lauren might be more torture to watch then Kendra was. something about her rubs my nerves the way none of the other SO's have. 

Welp, nothing like the internet always letting you know you're the runner up.

Courtship is stupid.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:51 AM, pandora said:

Dear god, isn't it ridiculous how these couples all talk about how waiting to express physical affection 'til they're married is a show of trust & self-discipline, but the above is literally how little they trust each other?

Going a bit further with that....I would not want to be married to a man who couldn't be a gentleman to me regardless of where we are or who we are with, or not with.  I need to know my potential husband is in fact a good mam who will respect me at all times.  Crazy heathen me, I guess. :pb_rollseyes:

O.M.G.  I had forgotten how "animated talk show host-y" Marjorie was.  Dear Rufus girl.  It was The Si and Marg show there.  I need to watch that again, hilarious!

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

Going a bit further with that....I would not want to be married to a man who couldn't be a gentleman to me regardless of where we are or who we are with, or not with.  I need to know my potential husband is in fact a good mam who will respect me at all times.  Crazy heathen me, I guess. :pb_rollseyes:

you mean you don't want your husband to hump you on a put put golf course, or interrupt a wedding party to kiss you. How dare you. You must now turn in your Maxi skirt and hang your head in shame. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I thought it would be interesting to look at the Marjorie and Lauren courtship announcements together 

I had totally forgotten that josh was in a majority of the Marjorie video *shudder*

Hide contents

I think Lauren might be more torture to watch then Kendra was. something about her rubs my nerves the way none of the other SO's have. 

I thought Kendra was way more painful to watch. She was suuuper awkward and quiet. But as time passed she became more comfortable and showed us more of her personallity (even though it meant that we now get to hear that annoying giggling all the time)

i think that’ll probably happen with Lauren as well as we “get to know her more”, but this video tells us little to nothing about who she is.

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm so confused. Is that the same dagger boy that is currently in a courtship?!

whoops duggar  

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I'm so confused. Is that the same dagger boy that is currently in a courtship?!

Yes Josiah was first linked to Marjorie Jackson not long before the Josh Scandal's broke. they seemed to stick together a few months after 19 kids was pulled but had split up soon after and none of the courtship footage was ever shown on counting on. He is now engaged to Lauren who is the girl in the second video. 

Wow. I knew he looked different now but DAMN!

Well, at least you could tell that Marjorie has a personality in the video. That's about the only good thing that I can see.

1 hour ago, RainbowSky said:

Well, at least you could tell that Marjorie has a personality in the video. That's about the only good thing that I can see.

And I think that having a personality is actually a bad thing in their circle. 

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Now i am wondering if they will mention Marjorie and the failed courtship at all next season. 

My vote is for NOPE, let it all be perfect. 

Regarding age and grandmothers, a few years ago a 23-year-old became a grandmother. The wikipedia list of youngest birth mothers also includes two women who became very young grandmothers at 17 and 21, if those reports are correct. :pb_cry:

Somewhat on the topic, I recently learned that I still have a living great-great-uncle. I didn't realize there was anyone left from that generation, especially not a man since all my great-grandfathers died before I was born.

14 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Regarding age and grandmothers, a few years ago a 23-year-old became a grandmother. The wikipedia list of youngest birth mothers also includes two women who became very young grandmothers at 17 and 21, if those reports are correct. :pb_cry:

This makes me so incredibly sad :( Those children got married at 12 and 10 respectively. Why is that even legal? And what pervert* would want to marry and/or have sex with - no, let's call it what it is, rape. In my opinion, a 12 year old is too young to fully understand all the implications and give consent - a 10 or 12 year old?  It deeply saddens and enrages me that practices like this are still common/still happen in certain cultures/parts of the world. Child marriage should be illegal everywhere.
However, I also know that banning child marriage won’t just stop the practice. This is a very complex issue, and poverty (which usually also equals poor to no education) generally is a big part of the problem and of what prevents easy solutions from really solving anything. 

*There are exceptions. Iirc, a couple of years ago a 12 year old boy became the youngest father in the UK, when his 13 or 14 year old girlfriend gave birth to, i believe, a son. Although I still believe 12 is way to young to be fully aware of what you are doing (especially regarding possible consequences), at least these two were of a similar age, and it is much more normal (and probably less harmful) for kids to experiment with each other than it is for an adult to pursue sexual relations with (a) minor(s). In my usage, Pervert specifically refers to legal adults who choose to marry and pursue children.

2 hours ago, Marly said:

This makes me so incredibly sad :( Those children got married at 12 and 10 respectively. Why is that even legal? And what pervert* would want to marry and/or have sex with - no, let's call it what it is, rape. In my opinion, a 12 year old is too young to fully understand all the implications and give consent - a 10 or 12 year old?  It deeply saddens and enrages me that practices like this are still common/still happen in certain cultures/parts of the world. Child marriage should be illegal everywhere.
However, I also know that banning child marriage won’t just stop the practice. This is a very complex issue, and poverty (which usually also equals poor to no education) generally is a big part of the problem and of what prevents easy solutions from really solving anything.

I'm not sure where your from, but I would point out that technically there is no legal minimum age for marriage in 23 states of the USA (according to Wikipedia it is 23 states anyway).  But yes, generally a lot of it has to do with poverty and cultural practices.  IIRC there are some studies stating that it can actually be beneficial for families to educate their daughters and not marry them off early as they tend to contribute more to the family coffers than the boys who are more likely to go off and do their own thing.

12 hours ago, Beermeet said:

O.M.G.  I had forgotten how "animated talk show host-y" Marjorie was.  Dear Rufus girl.  It was The Si and Marg show there.  I need to watch that again, hilarious!

I got second hand embarrassment watching it alone in my room.  Yikes.

@Someone Out ThereI'm Dutch. The legal age for marriage in the Netherlands is 18, no exceptions.
Prior to 2011 girls could get married at 16 (not younger) if they had parental consent and were either pregnant or already had a child with the man they intended to marry. (if that man was also 16 or 17 he would have needed parental consent as well). As of 2011 this exception to the rule has been outlawed. You can now only get married here when you're legally an adult.
In case of foreign marriages: the Dutch legal system does not recognize a foreign marriage if one or both of the parties involved are younger than 15. This rule was instated to protect minors. (I personally wouldn't mind if they would change this to at least younger than 16).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived