IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

9 hours ago, Nargus said:

I would love her dress if it was 3/4 sleeves and a midi-length bodycon style.

For the record, this is the dress that I'm wishing she was in.

5ac21002d4092_flora-short-sleeve-midi-bodycon-dress(3)-850x1218.thumb.jpg.1e294d2f4b89fb2310990686e2619c3e.jpg

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they both look good in that picture. Lauren is very pretty and Josiah is looking more like himself and less like Josh.

Not sure if that dress is just unflattering on her, or if it is the angle? I like the dress, just now how she looks in it, at least in this photo.  I like most floral printed maxie dresses they are very cute and "in" right now.

I have this dress! I think she looks great. I wonder if she hemmed it, because I’m 5’8 and it hits he ground on me. It’s a cute dress, although with such a bold pattern I wish she wore her hair up but that might just be BEC  

The Duggar and Duggar adjacent girls like buying from amazon. I’ve had multiple of the same dresses (because I also love Amazon)  This one comes in a short sleeve version too that I think is even cuter. It also comes in 3/4ths length. 

8DCD63A5-0731-48E4-AF89-CA3AAE7DA85D.png

13 hours ago, Nargus said:

For the record, this is the dress that I'm wishing she was in.

5ac21002d4092_flora-short-sleeve-midi-bodycon-dress(3)-850x1218.thumb.jpg.1e294d2f4b89fb2310990686e2619c3e.jpg

This is the version which Carlin or Josie Bates would have been in.

Something about that v-neck sweater has me thinking that Siah and Jeremy have gone clothes shopping together recently. Perhaps Counting On should do a queer eye style episode for young men who are courting (Married Eye for the Courting Guy?). Sadly, we couldn't tell the Duggars that it was based on a show starring ebil gays... Sigh.

As for Lauren's dress, I'd like it better with shorter sleeves or maybe knee length. The bodycon version above would be ideal as far as being figure flattering, but it would likely require additional chaperones for Siah. :pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:

On 29/03/2018 at 5:33 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

I like jewelry but for me personally I only like having pieces that were passed down. Like the ring my parents gave me for my 21st birthday the ring belonged to my grandmother they just had the jewelry take out the stone to put in my birthstone. I love my birthstone and I love that its on a ring that my grandmother wore. I have my great-grandmother's engagement ring which was passed down to my mother and then to me so if I ever do get married (which is a big long shot) I'd want that to be my engagement ring.    

I know I'm a bit late to the ring thread drift, but I have my great-grandmother's engagement ring as my engagement ring, and I absolutely love it. (Although I hardly wore it all winter because it didn't work with my gloves at all.)  I am not really a big jewelry person but I love heirlooms, and I knew I didn't want a diamond, so I think mine is just perfect. 

It's interesting that there's such a huge age range for becoming a grandparent.  My mother had me at 38 (and I'm the oldest) and she'll be 74 this year with no grandchild in sight.  I know she would love to have grandchildren, but she's been pretty good about not pressuring me, since her mother gave her a really hard time about not having children for years, and it really bothered her.  

IMG_4270.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_4271.JPG

On 3/30/2018 at 9:16 AM, CarrotCake said:

Being a grandmother at 53 already sounds young to me. By this rate she will easily live to the next generation and possibly even to the one after.

My mother was 60 when she became a grandmother which seems like the average age around me. 

I am 39, two of my high school friends are grandmothers.  They had babies at 18, then those babies had babies at 18.  Grandma at 36! 

16 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

As for Lauren's dress, I'd like it better with shorter sleeves or maybe knee length. The bodycon version above would be ideal as far as being figure flattering, but it would likely require additional chaperones for Siah. :pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:

Dear god, isn't it ridiculous how these couples all talk about how waiting to express physical affection 'til they're married is a show of trust & self-discipline, but the above is literally how little they trust each other?

28 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

It's interesting that there's such a huge age range for becoming a grandparent.  My mother had me at 38 (and I'm the oldest) and she'll be 74 this year with no grandchild in sight.  I know she would love to have grandchildren, but she's been pretty good about not pressuring me, since her mother gave her a really hard time about not having children for years, and it really bothered her.  

That sounds like me. My parents were both 38 when I was born, I'm in my 30s now, and still childless. I had a conversation with my mother about grandkids last month and she acknowledged she'd *like* a grandchild, but she's never pressured me about it. I'm single and in grad school at the moment, and she recognizes that I'm not in a place where a partner or a kid would be a reasonable addition (particularly since I'm not totally sure I *want* a partner or kids, even if she thinks I'd be a good mom). I definitely appreciate that lack of pressure though, especially hearing all of these horror stories about other families where people start getting flack for being single and childless in their early 20s.

I know a 32 year old grandmother, she had her son at 17, he became a dad when he had just turned 15. Her youngest child is only 2 years older than her grandson.

The biggest Catholic I know, as well as hypocrite, had her first daughter at 17- who then, subsequently, got pregnant at 18- who's child then had a baby at 16. 

Something about the combo of the long sleeves and the long skirt on the dress, coupled with it being predominantly white, just kind of reminds me of what a girl would look like being rescued from the underground cult in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. :pb_lol:

The world record for the most number of living generations is seven. Augusta Bunge was 109 years 97 days, followed by her daughter aged 89, her grand-daughter aged 70, her great-grand-daughter aged 52, her great-great grand-daughter aged 33 and her great-great-great grand-daughter aged 15 on the birth of her great-great-great-great grandson on 21 January 1989.

Sorry everyone, I think this wins best proposal! (I finally watched Kid Farm. OMG. I wish they made more!)

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

@JillRodsEyeliner, I played that worst church singer video, and it scared the bejesus out of my cat.

Sorry for scaring your kitty. Watch Rappin for Jesus. An old dude rapping and says Jesus is is ******. I won't post the link, as I don't want to offend anyone.

38 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Sorry everyone, I think this wins best proposal! (I finally watched Kid Farm. OMG. I wish they made more!)

No..a ten year old is more prepared for marriage.

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

The world record for the most number of living generations is seven. Augusta Bunge was 109 years 97 days, followed by her daughter aged 89, her grand-daughter aged 70, her great-grand-daughter aged 52, her great-great grand-daughter aged 33 and her great-great-great grand-daughter aged 15 on the birth of her great-great-great-great grandson on 21 January 1989.

Recently, my friend from HS posted a picture of herself (59), her daughter (33), grandson (2), Her mom (80+) and her GM (100+). I was shocked that her GM was still alive. My friend is the 3rd child in the family, and her older sisters have kids, grandkids too. My kids never had GGPs- My ILs were in their 70s when my kids were born.

My first thought about her dress: My mom had bed sheets in that pattern. (Actually surprisingly close). 

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

My first thought about her dress: My mom had bed sheets in that pattern. (Actually surprisingly close). 

LOL- Mine too.

I'm not in to "busy" clothing.

My mom bought sheets with a similar pattern. My dad couldn't handle them because when he'd wake up, he'd groggily think the sheets were covered in various livers. Don't ask me. I've already told yall my parents are (dad) and were (mom) weird.

Is this the first time anyone has made Si a salad? I've honestly never seen him eat one.

C3C859D0-AE90-4431-8012-844DC02EE481.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Joyfully_Unavailable said:

Is this the first time anyone has made Si a salad? I've honestly never seen him eat one.

C3C859D0-AE90-4431-8012-844DC02EE481.jpeg

he's not one of the girls who has to watch her figure so probably not.  okay that's a bit too snarky I'm sure he's eaten one before. LOL 

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

he's not one of the girls who has to watch her figure so probably not.  okay that's a bit too snarky I'm sure he's eaten one before. LOL 

I legitimately thought that the only vegetables they ate came out of a can or were smothered in mayonnaise. Glad to see Lauren is encouraging him to have a more refined palate:pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived