IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

11 hours ago, Meggo said:

No- Lauren’s parents are both 1975.http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Swanson_Family

Kendra’s are 78 (him) and 80 (her) according to that site.

i was born in 74- so it boggles my mind that people born in 1980- a year I remember- are going to be grandparents. (And not in the “my step kid had a baby”- but actually like I am old enough to have given birth to someone who is old enough to be a parent way)

My dad's sister-in-law (L) was born when her mom was 18. L had her first baby at 18. That child (girl) had HER first chid at 17.  So L's mom was a GREAT-grandmother at 53. I'm 51 and a failure even in the grandchild department. lol

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My dad's sister-in-law (L) was born when her mom was 18. L had her first baby at 18. That child (girl) had HER first chid at 17.  So L's mom was a GREAT-grandmother at 53. I'm 51 and a failure even in the grandchild department. lol

Being a grandmother at 53 already sounds young to me. By this rate she will easily live to the next generation and possibly even to the one after.

My mother was 60 when she became a grandmother which seems like the average age around me. 

I have many friends who have grandchildren. I had my daughter at 23. If she had followed suit, well...

My mom was 52 when I made her a grandmother. 

5 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Being a grandmother at 53 already sounds young to me. By this rate she will easily live to the next generation and possibly even to the one after.

My mother was 60 when she became a grandmother which seems like the average age around me. 

L's mom is a great-great-grandmother many times over. She's in her 80s now.

My friend's mother was in her mid 30s when she became a grandmother.  She was 15 when she had my friend, and had her next at 16.  When that child was 16, she also had a child so voila, a  grandmother at 32 or 33. 

I have a aunt who had her first at 15, her daughter had her first at 16, now her son he going to have his first at 15 too. She's 46 and will be a great grandma and she was a grandma at 31.

I find that amazing! Lovely for children to have so many generations still around, though I’m sure there are disadvantages, as with any family configuration.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have many friends who have grandchildren. I had my daughter at 23. If she had followed suit, well...

My mother was also 52 when I made her a grandmother.I have  a lot of friends who have grandchildren,too.I'm 57,and I don't have any grandchildren.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My mom is 50s. Grandma is around 70.  Great grandma is early 80s.

We have 5 generation pics. Need to do it again since me and both of our cousins have new babies!

Then my stepdaughter is almost due with her 2nd so *legally* we have six. Biologically my teen is my great grandma's oldest great great grandchild I think. My grandma is just under a year older than my MIL.:pb_lol:

To add to it, my baby was conceived already having a niece then born having another one in utero. :pb_lol:

My parents had my brother at 37. He's now 37, and him and his wife are about to make my parents first-time grandparents at 74.

I had my oldest when I was 18. She had her oldest when she was 20. I was a grandma a month before my 39th b-day. I found out about the 2nd grandbaby right around my 40th b-day. I still had a 14 year old at home. 

:pearlclutching:  Nike Nike Nike!  her wrists are showing!!!!  Hussy!!!!

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the pattern reminds me of a comforter 

Looks like my grandmother's main floor bathroom wallpaper to be honest.

What a hairline for such a young guy.  

I would love her dress if it was 3/4 sleeves and a midi-length bodycon style.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:45 AM, viii said:

I love when people have something other than diamonds for engagement rings! I'd probably do a diamond for myself, just because I'm a traditionalist at heart, but my sister has a ruby ring, and I think it's gorgeous! I'd do a sapphire, but my friends would probably say I was copying Kate Middleton (since I wanted to marry Prince William when I was 12, LOL). Maybe a pearl? Or opal.... hmm... so many options! 

My engagement ring has a Tanzanite, since periwinkle is my favorite color; we chose the stone together and I chose the yellow-gold-with-white-gold-accents setting. I considered Opal, as I also love their iridescent blues, but was told that it's risky to use as an engagement ring stone since it's so fragile.

That is quite a preppy and stylish outfit for a male Duggar. Finally not one of those wide cut sacks of pants but nicely cut, light chinos.

Her outfit is very stylish too. Those bold flower prints have a huge comeback. But this particular dress isn’t what I would pick.

And off to the prayer closet I go.

On the topic the SiRen wedding they need to get this guy to sing for their wedding.

3 hours ago, Nargus said:

What a hairline for such a young guy.  

I would love her dress if it was 3/4 sleeves and a midi-length bodycon style.

I would trip if I wore a dress that long. Not sure how someone can walk in a dress that long? It looks like it would give you a limited range of motion. It also looks like a trip hazard.

On 30-3-2018 at 4:58 PM, SamiKatz said:

My friend's mother was in her mid 30s when she became a grandmother.  She was 15 when she had my friend, and had her next at 16.  When that child was 16, she also had a child so voila, a  grandmother at 32 or 33. 

I’ll be a Grandma at 32 this coming october, but it’s from my stepdaughter so that doesn’t really count. I totally became a Grandma though the second she told me, I’m so excited. I became her stepmom at age 19, she is now 19. 

8 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I would trip if I wore a dress that long. Not sure how someone can walk in a dress that long? It looks like it would give you a limited range of motion. It also looks like a trip hazard

Most of my skirts are that long..no problem walking at all. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Is he losing weight? He looks less Joshy here.

Oh hell yeah, he’s been working out! 

I don’t like the dress either, but probably would if there was some kind of different fabric used for at least a part of the dress. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived