IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

Pickles is saying her source is saying June 30th for the Siren wedding.  Not sure who the source is or how reliable they are, so I don’t know how accurate it is.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Pickles is saying her source is saying June 30th for the Siren wedding.  Not sure who the source is or how reliable they are, so I don’t know how accurate it is.

Hope she's not using the same source that gave her the wrong date for the last wedding.

52 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hope she's not using the same source that gave her the wrong date for the last wedding.

I would say anytime before early July is in play. I do think it’ll be sooner than later though because they may want to avoid having Jinger travel so close to her due date. Kendra’s due date will likely be considered too. If the wedding is in Arkansas then that may not be a big consideration though, since she and Joe would be local.

I‘m guessing it’ll happen sometime during the first two weekends in June. Kendra turned 19 a little more than a month before her wedding and early June would mean the same for Lauren.

ETA: I took a look at the relationship chart someone posted in the Carlin Bates thread. Duggars tend to have engagements lasting between 11 and 14 weeks so far. That gives a window between May 11 and June 1. They had a very short courtship period, shorter than even JinJer’s, so I won’t be surprised if they stretch the engagement out the tiniest bit more than that. 

https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/171580801752/when-will-siren-tie-the-knot

@Mayluka mentioned this site on a Bates thread yesterday, but its too timely not to share. Takeaway: assuming the engagement length of the Duggar second-gen is on a bell-curve (a big assumption for a small data set), and Josiah's wedding will lie within 2 standard deviations of the mean (95% in this model), the wedding will be May 14-June 27. If the wedding lies within one standard deviation (68% likely in this model), the wedding will be May 26- June 16. Author's guess is June 8/9.  Fundie-watching with Stats! Yay!

I'm going with Saturday May 26th. Jostin's first anniversary. Kendra is due middle of June, give or take two weeks which to me rules out June. Late June and Jinger may not want to travel with her due date fast approaching. We need @FrozenSmile and her insider knowledge.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Yeah, I’m not buying Jun 30th.  It’s going to be the first weekend in Jun at the latest.  She needs to be more skeptical of her ‘sources’ because that date doesn’t make sense based on Kendra’s and Jinger’s due dates.

Nah, the wedding will be right around Jinger's due date so she can travel to Arkansas, attend the wedding and then have Jill attend her birth, all in one trip! (Kidding! Well, at least I hope that's a joke...)

June 30th makes no sense unless they don't want Kendra or Jinger there. Kendra would (most likely) have a 2-week-old baby at that point, and Jinger would be less than a month away from her own due date. I know the Duggars don't adhere to logic, but still. I think June 30th would also make it one of the longest Duggar engagements. Since they courted and got engaged so fast, I don't see why they'd stretch out their engagement - they've stated very clearly that they want their engagements to be as short as possible to reduce temptation. By the time they're engaged they've already decided the Lord wants them to marry each other, so there's no need to delay.

Late night thoughts: 

„temptation“ is a dumb reason to rush a relationship and engagement. I have spent months seeing people without moving forward with the relationship into kissing etc. territory - just going to events together, getting coffee or dinner... you know, getting to know each other. 

At one of my of churches, the youth pastor always said just follow three rules and you’ll be golden: 1) lights on 2) clothes on 3) friends nearby. While I no longer subscribe to that belief system, that was a surprisingly straightforward way to stick to the rules. Assuming the couple are both committed to their goal of “purity”, I really don’t see why their courting-married period must last less than 6 months. It just really seems like that would not allow you to build the kind of friendship that underlies a long-lasting marriage. I mean, I would not recommend they go on a beach holiday together and rent the same hotel room if they want to avoid temptation... but a few more months of phone calls, dinners, and Minigolf should be fine if purity is truly your heart’s desire. 

How is the length of the courtships calculated? Do we go from when they were announced? Because we know they’ve fudged timelines in the past. I doubt they start a courtship on X date and announce that day, I bet they court officially for maybe two-three weeks and then announce. Plus they probably do a get-to-know-you phase before any official courtship so there’s that.

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

How is the length of the courtships calculated? Do we go from when they were announced? Because we know they’ve fudged timelines in the past. I doubt they start a courtship on X date and announce that day, I bet they court officially for maybe two-three weeks and then announce. Plus they probably do a get-to-know-you phase before any official courtship so there’s that.

No. I’m personally going by when they said the courtship began. They said it began around the beginning of January. We don’t really know how long they were in the ‘special friends’ stage, but it had to have started after Josiah’s courtship with Marjorie ended, at the very least. It probably coincided with Josiah’s return to Instagram last summer.

Ah ok. I haven’t really been keeping up with the Duggars much recently. It’s all the same in the end. 

I predict a pregnancy announcement by Christmas.

I'm predicting wedding around Memorial Day and a pregnancy announcement by Labor Day.

Yup. I'm betting on a late March 2019 baby for these two.

I also think it will be earlier than June 30 but I don’t think Kendra’s due date will make too much of a difference to them. She is local and can attend super pregnant and fundies take the babies out very young to events too so that won’t be an issue even if the baby is just a week or two old. Jinger’s due date is a bigger deal due to having to travel.

The speed at which they courted and got engaged makes me think they'll get married sooner rather than later. But now I'm reconsidering my May 19th prediction because it was in large part based on making things easier for Kendra and Jinger. And like @AtlanticTug pointed out, they probably wouldn't actually care all that much. Hey, maybe they've set the date for right around Kendra's due date hoping she'll go into labour at the wedding. It'd make for great TV! :my_rolleyes:

I still find the June 30th date suspect, because Jinger will be less than a month away from her due date (I think she's due around July 20th). Is she really going to travel from Texas to Arkansas three weeks before she's due to give birth? I know Anna did it*, but Jinger and Jeremy, despite everything else, seem to have so far showed a little more common sense than that. Unless Jinger is really planning on travelling to AR for the wedding and then sticking around to give birth so that Jill can attend. In which case I rescind my comment about common sense. *Shudders*

*Not specifically from Texas to Arkansas, but travelling far afield

I see them getting married either end of May or the first week in June. Pickles is making up dates, or her source is giving her false information to throw her off. 

On 4/28/2018 at 11:04 PM, SassyPants said:

James= Jim Bob or the youngster (teen) James?

Jim Bob, you have to be at least 18 to have a real estate licence, even in Arkansas. 

I'm wondering if they would avoid Memorial weekend because the coverage will all be focused on the royal wedding. If they wait for a week or two afterwards, they're more likely to get a cover from people mag or us weekly. 

Oh yeah, I forgot the royal wedding was May 19th... if Josiah gets married on May 18th, no way is he getting a magazine cover. I'm assuming Jim Bob/TLC might take issue with that. So maybe May 25th is a more likely date. In fact, I think that might've been my original prediction. But I'm too lazy to go look for it now!

Joe will most likely be the best man so I figure they'd want to avoid Joken baby's birth not to distract Joe from his best man duties.

Siren got engaged around the same time Jostin did so they can pull off any time from memorial day on I would guess memorial weekend 25/26  after that you risking a Duggerling offspring not making the weeding due to a birth, and these older ones all appear pretty close  and I don't see that happening until the howlers and lost girls marry later on when it will be almost  impossible to get everyone together when the immediate family reaches 200+ people. 

On 2018-03-25 at 10:52 PM, ElToro said:

Shit proposal. Great marriage though.

Way better then the other way around. :my_heart:

On 2018-03-27 at 7:57 PM, Furbabiesonly said:

The ring is gorgeous too. I love watching it sparkle. I suppose I’ll get used to it eventually! 

Congratulations! I remember looking at my ring all the time. I still love it now, nine years later but I don’t look at it adoringly every five minutes any more.

Really late to the thread drift but I loved reading everyones proposal stories.

Mr Way and I met while travelling and he proposed roughly five years later when we had a holiday in that same country. He didn’t have a ring and the details are hazy but he asked just outside the hotel on the street and it was very sweet and spontanious.

We had the rings made by a jewler (so we got exactly what we wanted) and announced the engagement on the five year anniversary of our first meeting. We got married a bit over a year later, also in that same country.

Funny story. Just a week or two after we met we had dinner at a restaurant on a small island and a really drunk guy came up to our table and told us we should get married. Mr Way said, with panic in his voice: ”No, no! I’m only 21!” On the way back from that dinner we were invited to a wedding in the village. Must be destiny. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived