• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
laPapessaGiovanna

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

metheglyn
13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

that is most likely just a stand in date it's Siah's birthday. they did the same with Joy's wedding. most likely it will be some time next month probably after Lauren turns 19. her birthday is may 18th 

Of course, just like with Joy's wedding, though, if they do indeed have the wedding on the roughly 3 month post engagement schedule the other weddings have been on, the media are all going to start speculating that the "change" was because Lauren's obviously pregnant! Or other such nonsense. Which, I mean, no. They were pretty clear that it was a place-holder date for Joy and Austin, so why did the media ignore that?  To sell magazines/tabloids/whatever. Saying that the announced date is deliberately fake is evidently less "news-worthy" than "date had to be changed because...scandal!"

So putting *any* date out there is likely to cause speculation about why the real date doesn't match the announced temp date. *sigh* In this case, I agree with what they're doing in principle, I mean, I wouldn't want a media circus I had no control over at my wedding like happened at Jinger's, but there's no way they can win this one.

Knight of Ni

So Kendra will be a teen mom and it looks like Lauren may be one also. 

SamuraiKatz
that is most likely just a stand in date it's Siah's birthday. they did the same with Joy's wedding. most likely it will be some time next month probably after Lauren turns 19. her birthday is may 18th 
Guess I need to pick up the newspaper daily and start checking the wedding license applications.
Anna was 20 when she got married. her and Josh got engaged on her 20th Birthday.  Joy at least was 19 and a half when she got married. ( I guess that's something) Kendra got married less then a month after her birthday and I fear the same will happen with Lauren. 
Didn't Anna's father tell Josh be had to wait until she was 20? And he crashed her 20th birthday dinner with her parents at the seafood restaurant...

metheglyn
1 hour ago, SamuraiKatz said:

Didn't Anna's father tell Josh be had to wait until she was 20? And he crashed her 20th birthday dinner with her parents at the seafood restaurant...

My understanding is he didn't crash it. It was actually planned in advance with at least Anna's dad, the problem was that they were supposed to be sitting outside on the nice patio overlooking the water, in an area that may have had lights strung up, etc. (However rain forced them to eat inside, which is how he ended up proposing to her in that weird corner area. So I'll give him just enough credit to note that it was supposed to be a bit of a nicer location, but not enough credit to note that he went ahead with it (but he was determined to do it on her birthday, so...) And definitely no credit for doing it at all! 

(The fact that Anna and her mother were both wearing the same pink and white striped shirts, on the other hand...)

In terms of the location, the restaurant is currently called Corky Bell's Seafood & Steaks at Gator Landing. I've included a bunch of pics in the spoiler below to show where Josh did end up proposing (warning for one pic including Josh), a couple more interior shots to shot this is the correct location, and a bunch showing the outdoor area where he *intended* to propose, which was indeed nicer and actually out on the water. (All pics except the one of J&A snagged from photos uploaded to the restaurant's TripAdvisor listing - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34527-d5555530-Reviews-Corky_Bell_s_Seafood-Palatka_Florida.html)

Interior shots (warning for blurry pic of Josh, Anna, and the adult Kellers):

Spoiler

5ad7ca16885d8_CBatGL7.thumb.PNG.7639224b348da305ef3d371e9f766ed5.PNGCB_at_GL_6.thumb.PNG.20f1d1c506674b46c6f537189da74f88.PNG5ad7ca282729b_CBatGL4.PNG.e55629f8a6830d7f2bd5029dd0de1a49.PNG

Outdoor patio shots:

Spoiler

CB_at_GL_5.thumb.PNG.446a345d5758e57529aaff993e0d3f37.PNG5ad7ca32030a9_CBatGL2.thumb.PNG.36c4490ff72acbdef7237fc70822e0ee.PNGCB_at_GL_1.thumb.PNG.c2c1006955781b4edbc7db83cbed0c1f.PNG5ad7ca2ca3c3c_CBatGL3.thumb.PNG.71b8c5a2a62615dcb15f65d51831ed4b.PNG

So yeah. Not *good*, but if it had actually been a nice enough day for it to have taken place outdoors it would have been a little more festive and a little less rushed and casual feeling, I suspect. 

Edited by metheglyn
stray words not necessary