IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 7: Waiting for the Wedding Pics

laPapessaGiovanna

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Welp, nothing like the internet always letting you know you're the runner up.

I like to think Marjorie won in the end.  She's at a non-fundy college and is a published author (with a real publisher, not a vanity press). Sure as hell beats hanging around the Duggar compound with a baby and a baby bump.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I think of "Siah's wedding I see a 70's pastel nightmare of guys with wide stances all in pastel tuxes with ruffle-front shirts and bowties. The girls in Vision Forum, Elsie Dinsmore,  pastel hoop-skirted dresses and lace mitts (I'd say Gone With the Wind but Scarlett wouldn't have been caught dead in that). 

I'm sure they'll go with the seemingly inevitable suspenders, bow tie, and brown shoes or badly fitted suits and bow ties, but the technicolor theme goes so well with acid kool-aid they've drunk.....  I do think it would be great if they just had one or two attendants and a small, intimate crowd of under 200 [excluding their immediate families in that count, of course].

19 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Yes Josiah was first linked to Marjorie Jackson not long before the Josh Scandal's broke. they seemed to stick together a few months after 19 kids was pulled but had split up soon after and none of the courtship footage was ever shown on counting on. He is now engaged to Lauren who is the girl in the second video. 

Wow he looks so much younger. 

Just now, fluffernutter said:

well he went public with the Marjorie courtship three years ago. I believe it was the same day or around that Jill had Israel. so he was still 18 at the time 

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I like to think Marjorie won in the end.  She's at a non-fundy college and is a published author (with a real publisher, not a vanity press). Sure as hell beats hanging around the Duggar compound with a baby and a baby bump.

Yeah I follow Marjorie on Instagram and she's always doing cool stuff--stuff she sure wouldn't be doing if she was at the Duggar compound with two Josiah Juniors. She is way better off. She seems like a fun, motivated girl with a lot of potential and I'm glad that's not going to waste.

Why do people post pictures of food that looks like it's already been eaten?  I can understand a fancy restaurant with great presentation or even a beautiful gourmet hamburger or the like. But Bro Gary's weens and some of the Duggar dinners!  You can't unsee some of this crap.  

23 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Right?  And that's pretty much the same age Lauren is now. So young. 

Marj's Mom is finally having a boy this summer. I'm glad Marj will only be babysitting a younger brother instead of wrangling her own kids. I hope she doesn't get married for a good long time. Her sister Genevieve too.

Oh man I forgot how cringe-inducing the Marjorie and Josiah video was!

While I'm fairly sure Marjorie is better off doing what she's doing than she would've been marrying Josiah a few years ago, I think I read somewhere she goes to Bob Jones University and that's a super strict fundie school. I remember years ago my friends and I found some handbook of their rules online and found them hilarious and scary at the same time. Now that I know more about fundies it seems pretty standard (I remember things like very strict rules about leaving your dorm/campus, strict dress code, strict rules about interactions with the opposite sex). So good for her that she is getting away from home and going to school, but I think this school is mostly a continuation of the Duggar lifestyle.

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

While I'm fairly sure Marjorie is better off doing what she's doing than she would've been marrying Josiah a few years ago, I think I read somewhere she goes to Bob Jones University and that's a super strict fundie school.

It looks like she goes to John Brown University.

https://www.jbu.edu/video/?id=11848

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

While I'm fairly sure Marjorie is better off doing what she's doing than she would've been marrying Josiah a few years ago, I think I read somewhere she goes to Bob Jones University and that's a super strict fundie school. I remember years ago my friends and I found some handbook of their rules online and found them hilarious and scary at the same time. Now that I know more about fundies it seems pretty standard (I remember things like very strict rules about leaving your dorm/campus, strict dress code, strict rules about interactions with the opposite sex). So good for her that she is getting away from home and going to school, but I think this school is mostly a continuation of the Duggar lifestyle.

Like @scribble said, Marjorie goes to John Brown University, not Bob Jones. John Brown University, while certainly conservative evangelical Christian, is not a fundie college, and is indeed quite academically rigorous. Definitely not comparable to fundie colleges like PCC, Clown College or BJU.

By the way, Jinger and Jeremy got married at John Brown University's chapel (Cathedral of the Ozarks). Too bad the Duggars would never let their kids attend.

It's really sad that the Duggars don't take advantage of the educational opportunities in their own area.   They root for the Razorbacks but would never send their kids to U of Arkansas for school even though they live less than 15 miles from the campus. There is also a very good Community College near them that has several excellent programs including nursing.  

Marjorie is definitely lucky that she is at JBU and not living on the compound with 1-2 kids.  JBU is expensive and not a cupcake school so I am surprised her parents allowed it.  

6 minutes ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

It's really sad that the Duggars don't take advantage of the educational opportunities in their own area.   They root for the Razorbacks but would never send their kids to U of Arkansas for school even though they live less than 15 miles from the campus. There is also a very good Community College near them that has several excellent programs including nursing.  

Marjorie is definitely lucky that she is at JBU and not living on the compound with 1-2 kids.  JBU is expensive and not a cupcake school so I am surprised her parents allowed it.  

How much does Marjorie make from her books and other ventures, does anyone know? 

The whole college sports are ok .... but college isn’t thing irritates me so. much. :angry:

2 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Oh man I forgot how cringe-inducing the Marjorie and Josiah video was!

Me too. I can't get over it!  I've watched 5 times.  Soon to be 6.  Sooooo cringey.  

Go Marjorie!  Happy she is living life as a single woman discovering who she is before settling down. A very good thing!

7 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

The whole college sports are ok .... but college isn’t thing irritates me so. much. :angry:

Welcome to the South, where football (and NASCAR) reign supreme and are religions in their own way. Friday Night Lights is a way of life, not just a TV show. Every Friday night in my home town, the entire TOWN went to the home football games. 

4 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Welcome to the South, where football (and NASCAR) reign supreme and are religions in their own way. Friday Night Lights is a way of life, not just a TV show. Every Friday night in my home town, the entire TOWN went to the home football games. 

that is so foreign to me. even when I WAS in high school I couldn't tell you who was on the football team and I went to one game my senior year didn't actually watch it though just walked around and talked to friends. 

a picture of the Duggar's and the Swanson's from 2010. I am thinking Lauren in the girl in the blue top and skirt holding the stroller. 

Duggars+and+Lauren+Swanson+family+at+hol

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

a picture of the Duggar's and the Swanson's from 2010. I am thinking Lauren in the girl in the blue top and skirt holding the stroller. 

Duggars+and+Lauren+Swanson+family+at+hol

That has to be her! 

18 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

And it really brought home how long the Duggar kids had to put up with listening to Turd be condescending to them, and then having to pretend that he was 'wise counsel' rather than a chubby-faced, used car salesman in an unhappy marriage. (I don't even need to bring the sister-fiddling into this. He was awful enough already.) Surely they must have been internally screaming "YOU ARE SUCH A COCK" at him the whole time... I know I was just watching that video for 5 seconds...

3 minutes ago, ElToro said:

And it really brought home how long the Duggar kids had to put up with listening to Turd be condescending to them, and then having to pretend that he was 'wise counsel' rather than a chubby-faced, used car salesman in an unhappy marriage. (I don't even need to bring the sister-fiddling into this. He was awful enough already.) Surely they must have been internally screaming "YOU ARE SUCH A COCK" at him the whole time... I know I was just watching that video for 5 seconds...

well at  this point the whole Ashley Madison scandal hadn't came out so as far as they knew Josh and Anna had a perfect Fundy marriage. I believe Josh was even the one that helped Siah set up his instagram account.  I bet Siah blames Josh for his split from Marjorie though. it will be interesting to see if josh is in the Josiah and Lauren wedding. he was in the Joe and Kendra one. first wedding he was involved in. 

1 minute ago, Oh_Dear! said:

I'm sure someone already mentioned this... I've been away from the Duggar threads for a while and recently started wondering when the next Duggar wedding will be... it looks like August 28th is what their registry says. 

https://registry.theknot.com/lauren-swanson-josiah-duggar-august-2018/24728057

Sorry if this is duplicate information.

that is most likely just a stand in date it's Siah's birthday. they did the same with Joy's wedding. most likely it will be some time next month probably after Lauren turns 19. her birthday is may 18th 

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

that is most likely just a stand in date it's Siah's birthday. they did the same with Joy's wedding. most likely it will be some time next month probably after Lauren turns 19. her birthday is may 18th 

I didn't realize that it was his birthday.  Makes more sense that the wedding will probably be sometime before then.  I was thinking that it would've been a very long engagement if they waited for August... at least by fundie standards.  

It's just super weird how the last three Duggar brides (Joy, Kendra and Lauren), are barely 19 when they get married.  And Anna too was 19.  It just seems like the average age of the Duggar bride is still in her teens.  That's so young.  

Just now, Oh_Dear! said:

I didn't realize that it was his birthday.  Makes more sense that the wedding will probably be sometime before then.  I was thinking that it would've been a very long engagement if they waited for August... at least by fundie standards.  

It's just super weird how the last three Duggar brides (Joy, Kendra and Lauren), are barely 19 when they get married.  And Anna too was 19.  It just seems like the average age of the Duggar bride is still in her teens.  That's so young.  

Anna was 20 when she got married. her and Josh got engaged on her 20th Birthday.  Joy at least was 19 and a half when she got married. ( I guess that's something) Kendra got married less then a month after her birthday and I fear the same will happen with Lauren. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived