Jellybean

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Depends on how long Jessica stays as a cop. I kinda have the feeling that if the boyfriend proposed, she would stop. Maybe I am completely wrong and she has changed. I vaguely remember her being very much wanting to be married. 

Yes, very true. Let's hope it won't happen anytime soon!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Depends on how long Jessica stays as a cop. I kinda have the feeling that if the boyfriend proposed, she would stop. Maybe I am completely wrong and she has changed. I vaguely remember her being very much wanting to be married. 

Oh, yes. She was pratically begging her ex-boyfriend to propose, and publically (on her Instagram) to boot. So I don't even want to imagine how much she was pressuring him in private. I doubt much has changed, except for the boyfriend. But, you know, po-tay-toes, po-tuh-toes. :kitty-shifty:

On 4/20/2018 at 7:20 PM, AtlanticTug said:

I don't believe for a minute they are trying to adopt. Adoption take a lot of grit, a lot of work and preparation, mental energy, cost, etc and I don't see them putting in the effort. At least not at this point.

She will be pregnant sometime in 2018, I'd be shocked otherwise.

I never for a moment thought Jessa & Ben would adopt. I thought it was one of those youthful hypoteticals people talk about when they put on air of being interesting.

I say Jessa makes it out of this year without announcing a pregnancy.

See, I could actually see the Seewalds adopting - I would'nt've imagined it from their early days, but I do think it's possible. Just not now. I think if she's not pregnant, it's honestly because they have their hands full with two toddlers without spending every spare moment they get baby-making. They *could* adopt now, I don't think they'll have any trouble meeting the AR state adoption rules (according to what was posted earlier), I honestly think the big thing that would go against their favor in adoption-approval is the fact that they're FREAKIN FOLLOWED AROUND BY CAMERAS. once the show ends, if Ben gets a job and they can be financially stable, they could do it just fine. 

On the subject of Jessica Seewald, it’s interesting, but not surprising, that there is no mention of her new career on the Seewald family Instagram page. In fact they hardly mention Jessica at all. There are numerous posts about their other daughter’s jobs (one is studying to be a hairdresser I think and the other is working at chick fil a (or however you spell it - I’m not American lol)). Wonder what their thoughts are on her becoming a cop, her relationship (rather than courting) and clothing style (I have no problem with it but it could hardly be considered ‘modest’). 

Beneesa have no business adopting. At all. I cant imagine an adopted child growing up in this cult. Adoption brings an additional layer of grief, trauma, and identity issues. No child should ever be born into this cult or be brought into this cult but especially am adopted child. I think the Duggars would parade that child around and tell them to be grateful. 

I can't believe Jessica is a cop. I keep confusing Jessa and Jessica too

5 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

On the subject of Jessica Seewald, it’s interesting, but not surprising, that there is no mention of her new career on the Seewald family Instagram page. In fact they hardly mention Jessica at all. There are numerous posts about their other daughter’s jobs (one is studying to be a hairdresser I think and the other is working at chick fil a (or however you spell it - I’m not American lol)). Wonder what their thoughts are on her becoming a cop, her relationship (rather than courting) and clothing style (I have no problem with it but it could hardly be considered ‘modest’). 

I think I read somewhere that Jessica requested her family not post much about her. I don’t know how true that is, but it’s possible that’s why none of the other Seewalds mention her very much. 

I think that their vision of adopting is a "someday that might be nice"...as in 15+ years down the road. There's no way they are doing it anytime soon. 

The longest any of the Duggar children have spaced out their children is 2 yrs 3 mo (Jill). A baby 2 yrs 3 mo. after Henry would be a May 2019 baby. I think a pregnancy announcement from Jessa and Ben before the end of 2018 is very likely.

So I just found out my boss is pregnant with her first baby.  She has only told a couple of people---not even her family yet (they are waiting for Mother's Day.)  It is the first really happy news I've heard in  a while and I am not allowed to tell anyone.   So I am telling you guys so I don't explode!   :)  :stork-baby: 

On 3/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, SamiKatz said:

I think pulling a "Kylie" would be pretty cool.  Just have Baby Seewald #3 show up on Season 7, or whatever.  lol.

Impossible. She may not make a big announcement and all of that but who can stay out of sight for months. They are too young to embrace a hibernation mode, not gonna happen.

Spoiler

This pic made me wonder if they had some pregnancy news... or were maybe celebrating something she wanted to *share* without actually sharing. There have been a couple mushy posts lately about Ben after dozens of kids-only ones.

Or maybe Ben gave her a foot rub.

Jessica becoming a cop: am I the only one whose reaction was more cringe/shudder than "you go girl, let's see how long this sticks", given some of the shit she's posted on Instagram?

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Jessica becoming a cop: am I the only one whose reaction was more cringe/shudder than "you go girl, let's see how long this sticks", given some of the shit she's posted on Instagram?

Oh for sure. The award for Most Likely To Murder Unarmed Civilian In Women's Restroom goes to this hot mess.

9 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Oh for sure. The award for Most Likely To Murder Unarmed Civilian In Women's Restroom goes to this hot mess.

Jessica and a deadly weapon mix about as well and nitro and glycerin  

Actually, the Seewalds just put up two Instagram posts about Jessica going into law enforcement. They seem pretty proud, so @VelociRapture's comment above that Jessica may have asked them to generally not post about her may be accurate. 

I have questions about what Jessica is actually doing, but one of the pictures in the second post shows her holding a badge, so I guess she is indeed going to be a police officer? It looks like she's one of four new officers, I guess.

I hope this is a good thing, but I think it is.  Jessa's kids will now see a professional women, and have in their minds that they could do it too, even if its in a small back of their mind way.  Its a step!

On 23/04/2018 at 4:57 AM, PainfullyAware said:

Or maybe Ben gave her a foot rub.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days ;):giggle:

Seeing their aunts and uncles make different choices is what gives a tiny bit of hope for a few of the Duggar offspring. I understand that Jeremy's brother and sister aren't particularly fundie, and Jeremy seems on good terms with them. Baby steps? 

I'm going to wish her the best because it's never easy being a police officer. 

10 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I hope this is a good thing, but I think it is.  Jessa's kids will now see a professional women, and have in their minds that they could do it too, even if its in a small back of their mind way.  Its a step!

Cousin Amy had zero effect on the Duggar kids even though she was around them constantly growing up. I am not too optimistic that Ben's siblings will have an impact on his kids but only time will tell.

The Children know very well that females can have jobs, exciting and interesting ones even and even be the boss. The point is they are taught that these women are just worldly and misguided ,only think they are happy and will only be really fulfilled in their correct Godly sphere of Mother and Wife.  

Amy was never allowed to have the Duggar girls over for an overnight visit. Jinger and Jeremy may be more relaxed about their children visiting their aunt and uncle for overright visits. Or maybe not.  JB and Michelle exhibited a staggering degree of control and isolation over their  children.  I do think there may be a slight and slow loosening of the parental reigns over time, simply because trying to duplicate that control and isolation must be beyond exhausting. I promise I'm not naive. Sadly, I have no doubt a good chunk of Duggar offspring will stay firmly fundie. 

4 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Amy was never allowed to have the Duggar girls over for an overnight visit. Jinger and Jeremy may be more relaxed about their children visiting their aunt and uncle for overright visits. Or maybe not.  JB and Michelle exhibited a staggering degree of control and isolation over their  children.  I do think there may be a slight and slow loosening of the parental reigns over time, simply because trying to duplicate that control and isolation must be beyond exhausting. I promise I'm not naive. Sadly, I have no doubt a good chunk of Duggar offspring will stay firmly fundie. 

This. Despite the millions of adult women they have encountered, in multiple countries, doing every job imaginable, they are ALL ungodly. A woman’s purpose is to bear the babies. End subject. Mind-boggling, really.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived