IGNORED

Yet Another United Airlines Fuck Up

mango_fandango

I had no idea until yesterday that I was so passionate about public transportation. :pb_lol:

19 hours ago, unsafetydancer said:

So you guys are saying hardly anyone takes the train in the US. This is weird to me since I take the train at least 3 times a week if not more and Scotland is about a hundred times smaller than America.

Size is probably part of the reason trains are bigger in Europe than the US. You do find trains in the Northeast, where states are small and cities close together, but I live in the Midwest. A train from my city to the next major city is about 5 hours. Faster than cars (7 hours), but much slower than planes (1 hour).

Apparently, Delta Airlines isn't any better at keeping track of dogs than United is. 

http://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/local/two-puppies-home-in-boise-after-being-mixed-up-and-put-on-wrong-planes/277-529732003

At least in this case, the 2 puppies are still alive and eventually made it to their new homes.

And over in Wisconsin Scott Wanker stopped a high speed rail project once he got into office.  Wisconsin has really gone down the shitter with him in office. 

I asked the airport manager if he had any updates on getting more flights and he said United is the only one showing interest right now in expansion.  Ugh. 

United has suspended its Petsafe program until May. Which is really, really tough for a lot of people I know. I live on Guam and it is PCS season for a lot of military families. With the United refusing to fly pets there is currently no way for military families to get their pets off of Guam. Hopefully, the program comes back in May improved from what it was. Our dog had to fly United here and she got stuck in Hawaii for 3 days after being bumped off her flight. When we came here we had a choice between United and Delta., United goes through Hawaii, Delta through Japan. In Japan they do not let the pet out of the kennel at the airport and there have been multiple reports of them leaving animals out on the tarmac. Hawaii has a pretty good track record and I can say I felt really good with how the kennel there worked with me to make sure she had food and getting medication from a local vet that she takes daily. 

As much as I would love to say that I would never fly United again because of the instances that have been reported it simply isn't an option here. Delta pulled all flights off of Guam in January so United it literally the only Domestic carrier that leaves from here which we are required to use for government travel and it is the only way to get out dog off when we leave here in 15 months.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed that the program comes back in May, with improved training and safety measures in place. 

United Airlines Decision Could Strand Military Family Pets on Guam

Archived