IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, nst said:

Jessa - Ha - I vote Anna...

Authority and control- You know that Jessa would be all about that. She'd have Anna, Joy and GMM around to do the work!

Just watched the last episode:

-never have I seen Jana looking that fake happy. Before I always thought she was single by choice but this episode has me reconsidering.

-michelle is so mentally checked out that she's just on autopilot saying precious over and over. I don't think she can handle younger "prettier" more fertile women giggling on her turf and she is slowly loosing her marbles.

-Josie doesn't appear to give a shot about these weddings anymore. I personally think it's just lack of education and they treat her younger than she is.

- Joe seems like he'll be a good fundy husband however he seemed slightly annoyed with all the giggles and the zero sex Ed drives me crazy.

-Kendra's family seems excited butbin a normal amount. Dare I say her mom thinks she's a little young but isn't saying anything because headship.

14 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I'm wearing THREE pairs of cranky pants today (thanks, boss from hell) so not feeling very charitable tonight. 

9. Joy. SingINK. ThinkINK. KissINK. GoINK. SayINK. AnnoyINK as hell. Still CondescendINK AF. (Note to Duggar girls: this weirdo speech affectation is completely a plyg wife thing. You might want to rethink DoINK it.)

*takes bitchy crackers to corner for EatINK*

When my husband wants to annoy my teenage daughters, he speaks like this to them. He enjoys drivink them bat shit crazy. 

25 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

-never have I seen Jana looking that fake happy. Before I always thought she was single by choice but this episode has me reconsidering.

-michelle is so mentally checked out that she's just on autopilot saying precious over and over. I don't think she can handle younger "prettier" more fertile women giggling on her turf and she is slowly loosing her marbles.

-Josie doesn't appear to give a shot about these weddings anymore. I don't really think she's severely disabled or anything but potentially. I personally think it's just lack of education and they treat her younger than she is.

- Joe seems like he'll be a good fundy husband however he seemed slightly annoyed with all the giggles and the zero sex Ed drives me crazy.

-Kendra's family seems excited butbin a normal amount. Dare I say her mom thinks she's a little young but isn't saying anything because headship.

Joe better get used to the giggles.... I don't think they are going away. 

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Authority and control- You know that Jessa would be all about that. She'd have Anna, Joy and GMM around to do the work!

Quoting myself here-

I don't know what I was thinking- Those girls were farmed out as cheap auntie labor:

Hannie to Josh

Jennie to Jill

Jordyn to Jessa

Problem solved.

I’m thinking the editing was very careful to keep Michelle on the back burner.  Let’s face it, if she’d given more head shots and spoke more, people would complain that it was supposed to be Kendra’s day.  I was happy Michelle wasn’t at all a focus.

i did feel for Jana. She never did look particularly happy. And it portrayed her as “the one who sticks with the kids”

23 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

-Josie doesn't appear to give a shot about these weddings anymore. I don't really think she's severely disabled or anything but potentially. I personally think it's just lack of education and they treat her younger than she is.

1. Jana, yeah, she looks more and more defeated with every sibling that marries. I am starting to wonder if her being at home still is NOT by her own choosing.  Where as I think JD is single by choice.

2. Michelle, yep, she's jumped the shark, the shark tank, the shark lagoon, and is 1/2 way over the ocean. 

3. Josie, with her not-even-half-assed education, her 9-year-old self seems more like a 4 year old.

4. Kendra's mom was younger than Kendra when she married, AND she was already pregnant. She can't say anything.

40 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Jana--I've wondered for a while if she fell in love with someone on the crew? This is punishment?

J'chelle--probably she's severely depressed and way medicated.

Josie--spoiled rotten and neglected at the same time!

Joy and Austin's Baby part 1

A phone rings, an owl "whoos" ... Michelle explains from the front passenger's seat that they are on their way to see J'austin.  Joy is in labor.

Joy lays on her back and moans, austin dotes on her.  

At the TTH - Boob gets a text that they are en route to the hospital.

Joy is wheeled in to the OR and says "love you guys, thank you for your prayers."  She looks exhausted.

One week earlier:

Joy - I cant wait, the baby is due in a week.

Henry is unpacking in the house.  Michelle puts on an apron.  Jessa says that they are there to prepare meals to put in the freezer.

Joy - I think going through the pregnancy has been good.  No morningn sickness and not a lot of food aversions but there have been emotions and things she had to work through. Austin has been very supportive of my emotional rollercoaster

Pics of her growing tummy.

Austin - my role is a coach and to help her as much as I can.

Austin's mom tells people what to do.  They're doing mexican caserole etc.  Joy is ready to have the baby.

Joy th - as the day gets closer I'm getting uncomfortable and I've had some contractions, braxton hicks, nothing too intense.

Michelle - you hardly gained any weight

Jessa - I gained over 40 lbs with spurgeon.

Michelle - Its all baby.  Babycakes will be in the 8 range, maybe upper 8.

Jessa - Its hard to believe joy will have her first baby

Michelle - Tells the story about how Joy was born - I pushed for 2-3 hours, and she was sunny side up.  9 lbs.  Slideshow of Joy

Austin's mom - tells the story of Austin's birth - 13 hours labor, sunny side up.  c section.

Jessa - Joy was joyful as a baby and had a happy personality.  We all treated her like a live babydoll, carrying her around, feeding her.

Jill (2010) - I changed her diapers

Austin was a cuddle baby

Austin - I grew up on 110 acres.  It was every kid's dream.  It would be pretty awesome to take my children fishing and experience the outdoors like i have.

They have some ideas about names, but they're keeping it a surprise.  Jana appears and starts cooking.  I've yet to see Michelle do anything but stand there.

J'austin TH - we're not telling people's names because we dotn want their opinion.

Austin - we want to introduce them

joy - they'll learn to like it.

Michelle - SHows her food - portions like this wont upset the baby's tummy.  

Jessa - some kids can do spicier than others if you want to risk it.

Austin's mom - do you have a plan B?

Joy - we'll go to the hosptial 25-30 minutes away. I want to have a homebirth, its more comfortable, we're not too far if theres a change of plans.  Austin has been making plans for the delivery, it goes back to his "ENT" training.  There are some aspects that are harder for him but he'll be calm, I know.

They label meals and write instructions.

Michelle - they are an awesome team and we'llbe a support to pray for them.

Producer - what advice do you have for joy as she goes into labor?

Jessa - endurance - you want to give up but thats not an option.   Hang in there and dont get discouraged.

Austin - I'm feeling pretty good, trying to think of things

Joy - I'm trying to not have expectations, trying not to be scared. I know it will be painful but austin will be there to support me.

They all hug.

Part 2- Joy gives birth

At the house

Joy labors.

4am 2/23 - the phone rings.  Michelle gets into the car and they head to the house.  Michelle is wearing her pink shirt.

Jana, mom, and JOhanna are headed that way.  She's 6 cm.

At the house a doppler is heard.  Its 5:53 am.

11Am - TTH

Spurge drinks a bottle, other kids sit on the couch.  Boob tells the boys that joy is in labor and they're at J'austin's and they should pray for them.  Josie looks around and doesnt participate.  Who is the bearded kid?

prayers.thumb.jpg.a5329dbf5b81ad0878739e75aeee3203.jpg

Boob - its hard to believe babies are having babies.  Ben tells the group "its called labor for a reason" and boob prays for a natural delivery.

Joy moans "ouch."  Jill tells her that all the vitals are good.

Michelle - Joy is doing great. At this point youre tired and ready to have the baby.

Joy leans on Austin and asks for help breathing, saying it hurts. Jill stands smugly by.

TTH - 2:15 PM.

Jackson films Kendra asking about the gender.  She thinks its a boy. Jackson thinks its a girl.

Producer - are you nervous?

Kendra - I'm excited but you never know how its going to go and she can tell me the details and tips.  She giggles... 

Boob makes coffee.

Jackson continues to ask about the gender.

Boob gets a text.  They're going to the hospital. Baby's HR is OK, 20 minutes out.  

Baby is breach per the "midwife."

Boob heads to the hospital (runs to the pickup)

At the hospital, Joy is wheeled into a room.

joy.thumb.jpg.5e48a97803874a9fb21d4f857246a6d9.jpg 

A heart monitor beeps.  They're prepping her for an emergency section.

TTH 3 PM

Kendra checks for texts.  More coffee is made.

Ben - having a section is tough, not what she was hoping but we'll go from there.

Baby is born healthy at 3:39 PM

TTH - 3:45

Boob calls that the baby is born.  Spurge watches videos on bens phone.

Jennifer finds out the 'gender' first.  She gets to tell because she was joy's buddy.  They shoot off blue confetti.  Everyone celebrates.

Michelle and Boob say they're ready to meet the baby.  He was 10 pounds 3 ounces.

Terry and Roxanne - ready to see what it looks like.

Joy is wheeled in and they meet the baby in the hallway.

hallway.thumb.jpg.19683b5482a8ba89c11d030bbdee98da.jpg

I really hope they washed their hands ITS FLU SEASON!

Austin says its amazing, god is good.

Kendra shows the j'kids text pictures back at the TTH.  He's huge.

Michelle holds him and Joy tells the camera he's a "pretty good mix"

michelle.thumb.jpg.d058f4351b0e74894259460e08db11e6.jpg

He has austin's nostrils.

At the TTH - Henry pukes.

Austin holds Austin (no name yet).  Joy keeps saying he's huge and thanks people for their prayer.

Name announced in print.

24 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Let’s face it, if she’d given more head

So help me, my brain stopped here in that sentence.

I'll see myself to the Prayer Closet. Damn.

Thanks for the recap @Buzzard.  My computer at work doesn't have a sound card and I've wanted to watch.

I will say that the bottom photo made me sad.  On the one hand that is the most emotion I've seen from Mich in a long time.  On the other Joy looks so young and the whole recap reminded me of their crappy beliefs and lack of education/medical care since they all cared more about making sure she'd have mexican casserole to eat than whether the pregnancy was healthy.  Not to mention Joy has been shuttled off into marriage/babies as her full life's ambition rather than being allowed to develop fully as a person. 

I'm a little surprised it wasn't Joy going along for the dress fitting instead of Jana.  I didn't watch - was a reason given? I thought it was Joy who claimed to be friends with Kendra, not Jana. Jana's almost as close in age to Kendra's mom as she is to Kendra! I assume they brought Josie as company for the youngest Caldwell girl but did they even interact much? I know Joy's not much into shopping but supporting her friend who went to her own dress fitting, would've been nice.

30 minutes ago, JMO said:

Thanks for the recap @Buzzard.  My computer at work doesn't have a sound card and I've wanted to watch.

I will say that the bottom photo made me sad.  On the one hand that is the most emotion I've seen from Mich in a long time.  On the other Joy looks so young and the whole recap reminded me of their crappy beliefs and lack of education/medical care since they all cared more about making sure she'd have mexican casserole to eat than whether the pregnancy was healthy.  Not to mention Joy has been shuttled off into marriage/babies as her full life's ambition rather than being allowed to develop fully as a person. 

Yup.  A WEEK before Gideon was born they were "guessing" his weight in the 8 pound range.  I know that I had Uber crazy prenatal care because my baby was IUGR and had other drama, but both the fundal height and ultrasound pegged him within 3 ounces of his actual weight.  I have no faith that the "midwife" knew what they were doing letting her labor with a breech baby.

27 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I'm a little surprised it wasn't Joy going along for the dress fitting instead of Jana.  I didn't watch - was a reason given? I thought it was Joy who claimed to be friends with Kendra, not Jana. Jana's almost as close in age to Kendra's mom as she is to Kendra! I assume they brought Josie as company for the youngest Caldwell girl but did they even interact much? I know Joy's not much into shopping but supporting her friend who went to her own dress fitting, would've been nice.

No reason was given.  Kendra's Birthday was 8/11 so I'm assuming they were back from the honeymoon and this was after the "we're keeping Joe busy building our house" filming so... 

30 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

Well, Joy was pregnant by the time Kendra went dress shopping so I don't blame her for not hopping in that little plane with JD and the rest to fly to Kentucky. And Jana is the catch-all for everything...she can be the stand in best friend, buddy, babysitter, cook, seamstress....anything anyone might need her for she's right there with her servant's heart.

If I'm doing the math right, Joy would have been well into her first trimester when the shopping trip happened, so maybe she just wasn't feeling up to it. Or she didn't feel like taking a trip without Austin so soon.

22 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

If I'm doing the math right, Joy would have been well into her first trimester when the shopping trip happened, so maybe she just wasn't feeling up to it. Or she didn't feel like taking a trip without Austin so soon.

Maybe they were working on the house or at Ft. Rock, Austin doesn't have the luxury that the rest of them do of having no job, he was working on getting the house ready and working at the camp with his family, and I'm sure it was a lot of pressure to get things done quickly so he could get his expectant wife a proper place to live.

36 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yup.  A WEEK before Gideon was born they were "guessing" his weight in the 8 pound range.  I know that I had Uber crazy prenatal care because my baby was IUGR and had other drama, but both the fundal height and ultrasound pegged him within 3 ounces of his actual weight.  I have no faith that the "midwife" knew what they were doing letting her labor with a breech baby.

My DOCTOR told me the morning my son was born that he was only around 5lbs based on his observation of the U/S and his feeling around. He was 8lbs so this doc was a whole 3 pounds off within 24 hours of giving birth.  My new doc when I had #2 told me the week prior to deliver she would be just at or just over 9lbs, she was 9lbs 2 oz. and that was just by feeling my stomach. He was that good.

Well I know at least Anna Duggar has flown on Duggar Airlines while pregnant, as I'm sure a few of the others girls had. Also I believe Joy was mentioned as saying she really didn't have much morning sickness. 

Just an interesting observation.

12 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Maybe they were working on the house or at Ft. Rock, Austin doesn't have the luxury that the rest of them do of having no job, he was working on getting the house ready and working at the camp with his family, and I'm sure it was a lot of pressure to get things done quickly so he could get his expectant wife a proper place to live.

My DOCTOR told me the morning my son was born that he was only around 5lbs based on his observation of the U/S and his feeling around. He was 8lbs so this doc was a whole 3 pounds off within 24 hours of giving birth.  My new doc when I had #2 told me the week prior to deliver she would be just at or just over 9lbs, she was 9lbs 2 oz. and that was just by feeling my stomach. He was that good.

Same thing happened with me. With my first I hardly showed at all and since I am petite (5’ even) the doctor said that my baby girl would be around 5 lbs. Well she surprised them as she was two ounces shy of 8 lbs. With my second, same thing happened, the nurses were shocked, as was the doctor, that baby boy was also an 8 pounder. 

5 minutes ago, Whatthefundie said:

Same thing happened with me. With my first I hardly showed at all and since I am petite (5’ even) the doctor said that my baby girl would be around 5 lbs. Well she surprised them as she was two ounces shy of 8 lbs. With my second, same thing happened, the nurses were shocked, as was the doctor, that baby boy was also an 8 pounder. 

But I was HUGE with #1, I was measuring at 40 weeks at 35 weeks, and had gained over 60 lbs, granted at least 1/2 of that was fluid retention, I looked like a Macy's Thanksgiving Balloon, I was so bloated. I was showing like Joy did, very big very fast. With number #2 I gained about 25 pounds at 5 months pregnant I was still wearing my regular clothes and didn't look pregnant at all. I was measureing 40 weeks at 38 weeks, and she was 9 lbs, my 2nd doc wasn't shocked at all at her size, the other doc was VERY shocked, in fact he said as he pulled him out "Oh my God he's HUGE" and asked if we miss calculated the due date (They didn't I have an u/s from 8 weeks confirming my due date)

#1 and #3 I gained about 45lbs. #2 I gained 20 lbs. All 3 were between 7lbs and 7lbs 9oz. With #2, I was back in my regular clothes within a week of the birth. #1 took me almost a year to lose all the weight. #3, well, he's 27...

Damn Joy looks super young in those pictures. I'm glad that Gideon is ok. 10 pounds of baby would be a lot to push out. 

Per the recap - I had to lol at Michelle guessing at 8 lbs. 

Did it show anyone else there or was the "midwife" really just Jill? What a horrifying thought. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived