IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

30 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Pageant sashes?! Hahahaha. And yes Joy, you definitely had a watermelon. Yikes!

Apologies to Burt Parks but Inspiration could not be denied...

There she is, Miss Gotthard
There she is, your ideal
The dreams of a million Helpmeets
Who are more than submissive  
May come true in Big Sandy
Oh she may turn out to be
The queen of Homeschool 
There she is, Miss Gotthard
There she is, your ideal
With so many maidens 
She'll take the town by Storm
With her all  modest face and form
And there she is
Walking with Jebus she is  Fertilest of the fertile  she is there she is Miss Gotthard 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's just because she's my pet fundie, but to me it appears Jinger is a little... disengaged in those photos. Her smile doesn't go to her eyes.

She gets a good paycheck and very nice perks from being a reality star and she agreed to continue with the family circus  so she can suck it up. Sorry no sympathy here.  

9 hours ago, BlondeIdol said:

Judging by the pictures, I bet they did some mega babyshower special for the show at the TTH. That is where the weird sashes are from. Maybe not though because no one should assume that anyone in the Duggar clan or at TLC could be that creative with the show. 

Not creative - frugal. They bought one set of disposable party dishes, and used if for three baby showers in one day!

On 2018-03-14 at 10:17 PM, MoonFace said:

Wasn't there a bit in "Catch 22" where a couple went to a doctor to find out why the wife wasn't getting pregnant and when the doctor checked her out she was still a 'virgin' (hymen still intact)  I could be wrong - but I believe that is the book I read where that happened. 

There is no way to see if a woman has had penetrative sex or not in her life. An "intact" hymen would mean she would have never have had her period, since the blood would not have be able to come out, and it's a very rare condition that requires medical help. Bleeding while you have sex is NOT a sign of a barrier breaking, it's a sign you are not aroused enough and that you are hurting.

13 minutes ago, Queen said:

There is no way to see if a woman has had penetrative sex or not in her life. An "intact" hymen would mean she would have never have had her period, since the blood would not have be able to come out, and it's a very rare condition that requires medical help. Bleeding while you have sex is NOT a sign of a barrier breaking, it's a sign you are not aroused enough and that you are hurting.

I think you're mixing up your terms. You absolutely can have a regular period with an intact hymen. What you're referring to is called an imperforate hymen.

16 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think you're mixing up your terms. You absolutely can have a regular period with an intact hymen. What you're referring to is called an imperforate hymen.

But there still is no way to find out if she's ever had sex or not. I meant that there is no real barrier that stops things from coming in and out. Nothing really breaks. The hymen protects against infections and such but it's not really an intact membrane, at least not after puberty. I don't know if what I'm trying to expain comes across very well, I'd know how to say it in my mother tongue but I'm not entirely sure if the terms I use have the right connotations and if I succeded in transfering my thoughts right.

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

THAT FUCKING GREEN SHIRT! FOR THE LOVE OF RUFUS SOMEBODY PLEASE BURN IT

Green shirts are like flowers. You can never have too many.

I AM SO CREEPED OUT BY THOSE PREGNANCY PICTURES. Namely the fruit and the pageant sash ones. 

Also, the posing of their ring fingers on top of their bellies gives me a pretty strong Mean Girls vibe. I just pick up on a lot of humble-bragging and judgment of single mothers from that shot, which... I mean, duh, but STILL. Ehck.

53 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Green shirts are like flowers. You can never have too many.

"Saying there are too many green shirts in my closet is like saying there are too many flowers in the garden. I will be happy to have as many green shirts the Lord allows me to have. I will continue to buy used and save the difference on green shirts as long as the Lord allows me to."

Michelle Duggar

Screen-Shot-2014-11-07-at-2.25.34-PM (1).png

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

I AM SO CREEPED OUT BY THOSE PREGNANCY PICTURES. Namely the fruit and the pageant sash ones. 

Also, the posing of their ring fingers on top of their bellies gives me a pretty strong Mean Girls vibe. I just pick up on a lot of humble-bragging and judgment of single mothers from that shot, which... I mean, duh, but STILL. Ehck.

They're bragging that they can have sex and you can't! Sex before marriage is evil, but molestation is okay because he was forgiven.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've come up with a new green shirt theory.

The prayer closet also contains a sewing machine, a pattern or two, and several bolts of green fabric. When a daughter was sent to the prayer closet, she was required to work on a green shirt. If you looked in some part of the TTH that isn't shown on television, you'd see enough green shirts to last Michelle the rest of her life!

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've come up with a new green shirt theory.

The prayer closet also contains a sewing machine, a pattern or two, and several bolts of green fabric. When a daughter was sent to the prayer closet, she was required to work on a green shirt. If you looked in some part of the TTH that isn't shown on television, you'd see enough green shirts to last Michelle the rest of her life!

ah now we know why Jana is stuck at home Michelle has to have someone to keep making her shirts. 

36 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Not only do they have to heat Mullet's baby voice, they now have to make her another green shirt? WTF?

Who wants to recap the wedding that we already saw tonight?  I'm still going to be working.  Its kind of sad that I'd rather be working than watching this show!

Oh no, @Buzzard! We will miss you!

I wonder if @Carm_88 is able to step up? [ I think we have other recappers but can't remember names to tag.]

Please, I hope this is the last episode for the season. Does anyone know for sure? Just ready for something different from this family. Aren't their fans getting tired of the SAME old stuff. Yes there have been fashion changes, but we are still waiting on them to address this change. It's like they want us to pretend that it has been like that since the beginning.

been mia due to the xfiles :D don't get me started....Michelle would be so jealous 

and tonight joe and Kendra are getting married so thank you who ever is covering for  Buzzard 

I will be a touch late...you know how much i love a wedding 

and today I am taking a lie detector test for a casual admin police position...am I kidding...will they ask me about my online habits. Will I have to confess that I follow B & J :D will they care? 

and next week SP I am off to PS for 9 days 

I believe this is the last episode for awhile.  TLC will be moving on to the Roloffs who begin next week. 

This was the shortest season ever!!! And being so short, they are falling farther behind the reality timeline. What, 4 weeks of episodes? does that even count as a season?

The green shirt discussion made me remember another green shirt discussion from several months ago.

It was from @QuiverFullofBooks  who bravely wore a lime green shirt when she went to meet Michelle at a book signing or talk . . .

I talked to Michelle after the program. She was wearing the exact same outfit from the Bontrager wedding pictured earlier in this thread. She looks really great. I told her so and she complimented me too, and said "I love that color! I have about five shirts in that color!" So it's not one lime green shirt that she wears all the time, it's five shirts! I told her about buying it at the thrift store and thinking of her, and she laughed. She said it's a happy (or cheerful?) color, and then she said - I swear she really said this - that it reminds her of pickles.

So next season will presumably focus on JoKen's honeymoon, Kendra and Jinger's pregnancies, and SiRen's relationship? Will the babies already be here by the time next season premieres?

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived