IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

Can someone explain the point of Jessa being at the meal prep scene?  She is sprawled out on the couch watching her very pregnant sister in the kitchen & does nothing!  That girl ( woman) gets on my last nerve! So, does all that hair floating around the food, except for Jana.

Speaking of Jana, didn't she look great at the B & B party? Nice to see her ditch the skirt.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Can someone explain the point of Jessa being at the meal prep scene?  She is sprawled out on the couch watching her very pregnant sister in the kitchen & does nothing!  That girl ( woman) gets on my last nerve! So, does all that hair floating around the food, except for Jana.

Speaking of Jana, didn't she look great at the B & B party? Nice to see her ditch the skirt.

Jana's hair looked noticeably darker and her face looked slimmer.   She looked relaxed, happy, but kinda over it to be hanging out with "kids" 10 years her junior when she was on the pontoon.

Joe's attempts to stay on the tube were ridiculous. I've gone tubing plenty before and I've never had to crawl all over the damn thing and hump the person I'm with. Rules broken, indeed. 

That birth episode was sad. The whole time I was watching Joy, it was like watching a child. The whole thing just made me sad. 

18 minutes ago, viii said:

Joe's attempts to stay on the tube were ridiculous. I've gone tubing plenty before and I've never had to crawl all over the damn thing and hump the person I'm with. Rules broken, indeed. 

That birth episode was sad. The whole time I was watching Joy, it was like watching a child. The whole thing just made me sad. 

I know what you mean. She is just so young. And all those women around her and her still a kid ..... it made me feel sad too. 

When I saw Joy laboring on that couch with all of the women hanging over her......I felt like I was transported back to pioneer times. It creeped me out. 

I am glad all went well. Austin was great. Too bad they are fundies. 

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

When I saw Joy laboring on that couch with all of the women hanging over her......I felt like I was transported back to pioneer times. It creeped me out. 

I am glad all went well. Austin was great. Too bad they are fundies. 

Pioneer times or a creepy cult birth.....

I was only watching bits and pieces. Jana had on shorts??? 

In addition to Jana, Joy has worn board shorts before (couple of yrs ago in El Salvador) and I remember seeing a pic of Jessa in similar shorts a few summers ago. 

The Joe/Kendra on the tube part was my favorite for his justification especially when there was all that room. Maybe one day those ridiculous rules will go away.

I actually thought it was pretty funny when they asked Jim Bob and Michelle when they thought they'd forget all the grandkids names and she said "Today". Lol At least she was honest. Haha 

I can't decide if Austin is hilarious or a dick. first in the Joy and Kendra engagement he put a camera in their face and says you can't kiss yet. now in on the bachelor/bachelorette party he yells out where's your chaperone well they are on the tube. 

15 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I can't decide if Austin is hilarious or a dick. first in the Joy and Kendra engagement he put a camera in their face and says you can't kiss yet. now in on the bachelor/bachelorette party he yells out where's your chaperone well they are on the tube. 

I took it light hearted, I feel like if he was going to be a dick they'd take him aside and pray with him or some shit

okay two last things. 1. I noticed there was no mention of telling Joe about the baby. I think they covered everyone else (maybe not Justin) even Jill got a mention but not the we are super close to them Joe and Kendra. 

and secondly Jordyn looking at Josie when josie says she thinks it will be three babies that girl is so over her sister. 

Something I noticed is that every time Joy and Austin told people about the pregnancy, no one said "congratulations!" (At least, I didn't notice anyone who did.)

Among my family and friends, "Congratulations!" would be an obvious, and happy, response.

Maybe I'm putting too much into this, but I wonder whether, in the pro-feminist context in which I live, having a child is seen as something that people DO, by CHOICE. Hence, it calls for congratulations.

Whereas, among the Duggars and their spawn, having a child is something that merely HAPPENS to them, independent of any thought or planning. The child is something God supposedly "gives" them. So it's not the kind of thing for which congratulations is appropriate.

3 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

In addition to Jana, Joy has worn board shorts before (couple of yrs ago in El Salvador) and I remember seeing a pic of Jessa in similar shorts a few summers ago. 

There's an interesting split of who is wearing shorts/skirts and when in this episode.

The Caldwells (daughters and mother) are in leggings and swim/athletic skirts throughout, despite going on the tubes (Christina with Lauren, and then Kendra with Joe). During the part of the party where they eat and play games after tubing, Kendra has changed into a striped skirt over (more?) leggings. Admittedly, since she was wet I can see changing out of clingy, clammy fabric, plus it's her party so she can change if she wants to!

In contrast, while they're still at the Duggar house Jana's in a denim skirt and purple top, then on the boat she's in the same top (with the sleeves pushed up!) and knee-length gray shorts. We don't see what Joy's wearing on her lower half at the TTH, but she's in the same gray t-shirt that she's wearing on the boat with board shorts. And neither Jana nor Joy gets in the water. Interestingly, Jana remains in the shorts for the rest of the party, though I don't recall seeing what Joy's wearing on land.

The spoiler includes 4 pics. In order, Joe in board shorts and Kendra in skirted swim wear, Christina and Lauren in skirted swim wear with Jana in denim skirt, Jana and Joy in shorts, and Jana in shorts with Joe in swim wear but Kendra in (dry) striped skirt.

Spoiler

5ab15412ec944_KendraSwimSkirt.thumb.PNG.a81aeee964174fd821f1050ba12ddf9c.PNG5ab1540b34565_ChristinaLaurenJana2.thumb.PNG.30c1ad0218371e8be61908dfc3e1df7d.PNG5ab1541f78a66_JoyandJanainShorts.thumb.PNG.f2c4f758400b8184b716ba7f5ffc4025.PNG5ab154198c64c_JanaShortsKendraSkirt.thumb.PNG.4ebb9c94776e5d059b4c2c2d9fde5fb0.PNG

2 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

There's an interesting split of who is wearing shorts/skirts and when in this episode. The Caldwells (daughters and mother) are in leggings and swim/athletic skirts throughout, despite going on the tubes (Christina with Lauren, and then Kendra with Joe). During the part of the party where they eat and play games after tubing, Kendra has changed into a striped skirt over (more?) leggings. Admittedly, since she was wet I can see changing out of clingy, clammy fabric, plus it's her party so she can change if she wants to!

In contrast, while they're still at the Duggar house Jana's in a denim skirt and purple top, then on the boat she's in the same top (with the sleeves pushed up!) and knee-length gray shorts. We don't see what Joy's wearing on her lower half at the TTH, but she's in the same gray t-shirt that she's wearing on the boat with board shorts. And neither Jana nor Joy gets in the water. Interestingly, Jana remains in the shorts for the rest of the party, though I don't recall seeing what Joy's wearing on land.

The spoiler includes 4 pics. In order, Joe in board shorts and Kendra in skirted swim wear, Christina and Lauren in skirted swim wear with Jana in denim skirt, Jana and Joy in shorts, and Jana in shorts with Joe in swim wear but Kendra in (dry) striped skirt.

Hide contents

5ab15412ec944_KendraSwimSkirt.thumb.PNG.a81aeee964174fd821f1050ba12ddf9c.PNG5ab1540b34565_ChristinaLaurenJana2.thumb.PNG.30c1ad0218371e8be61908dfc3e1df7d.PNG5ab1541f78a66_JoyandJanainShorts.thumb.PNG.f2c4f758400b8184b716ba7f5ffc4025.PNG5ab154198c64c_JanaShortsKendraSkirt.thumb.PNG.4ebb9c94776e5d059b4c2c2d9fde5fb0.PNG

it seems Duggar girls are loosening up a bit and Future Duggar wives stick to the strict fundie Rules. I can't see Anna or Kendra going for Board shorts and well we haven't seen much of Lauren I think she'll fit in the same category. 

I think Anna just loves being a fundie wife, it's like her whole identity, so I'm guessing she'll stick to skirts. Kendra I could see loosening up a bit and going for board shorts now that she's married.

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I know what you mean. She is just so young. And all those women around her and her still a kid ..... it made me feel sad too. 

With you both on this. It nearly made me cry. 

I liked how Joy and Austin revealing the news she was pregnant. Way better than the way I found I was going to be an Aunt by a Facebook status. 

I like Kendra’s swim skirt. I would wear that comfortably in a hotel pool somewhere inland, but I would feel as if I were attracting more attention to myself, than a regular bikini and/or one-piece would, if I wore that to the beach here in Southern California. I don’t want attention. Any attention I would get in a bathing suit at this point would not be the good kind, so being inconspicuous is key. I’m 10 years passed getting attention in a bathing suit. I mean, I never mowed my lawn in a bikini. I was no lawn mowing harlot, but I used to be a skimpy bikini type of girl. However, the last ten years, I’ve moved into mom-kini zone, and I’m kind of liking the emergence of modest swimwear just in time for me to get old and doughy. 

Also, I think the swim skirts are more flattering than the board shorts. 

On 3/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

it seems Duggar girls are loosening up a bit and Future Duggar wives stick to the strict fundie Rules. I can't see Anna or Kendra going for Board shorts and well we haven't seen much of Lauren I think she'll fit in the same category. 

Another member (I couldn't find the post, sorry) did some digging found a picture on the Bontrager's blog during one of their ladies retreats or w/e.  Lauren was actually wearing pants in it!

I wonder who all was at the birth, I noticed Jessa and Jana weren't at the TTH, but we didn't see them in the brief flashes of laboring Joy, maybe they were filming.  I would not have been comfortable with my SIL being there, that as strange to me. I was very surprised to see DQ actually supporting Joy and helping he breath and telling her it was going to be OK, she was being a MOM for once.

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder who all was at the birth, I noticed Jessa and Jana weren't at the TTH, but we didn't see them in the brief flashes of laboring Joy, maybe they were filming.  I would not have been comfortable with my SIL being there, that as strange to me. I was very surprised to see DQ actually supporting Joy and helping he breath and telling her it was going to be OK, she was being a MOM for once.

well we are 99.9%  sure the house portion   were shot after the labor by TLC. in the congrats video Ben says he came home from work and Jessa had gotten a text with the information and he guessed almost everything right. well someone else pointed out that JIm Bob leaves the house in one shirt for the hospital but at the hospital is in another shirt. TLC timelines strike again. 

28 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Jessa *might* have been there at Joy's and/or at the hospital, given that in the portion at the house Ben seemed to have his kids and they're usually with Jessa, even though she isn't ever seen on screen at Joy's or the hospital. However we definitely know Jana went to the birth, since she, Michelle, and Johanna (I believe) went over to Joy's house after that early morning call.

We never see Jana on screen, I don't think, so she may have been in other parts of the house or she might have been the one recording. The only section that looks like it was recorded with a professional-grade camera is Michelle's talking head when she says Joy's doing great (or not!), the rest are lower quality (though that may be to do with how darkish the rooms were).

I do think Michelle's *capable* of being a helpful, supportive mother, she's just so rarely seen ever actually doing so. It's good to see that *sometimes* she comes through on that.

10 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

On one episode where they were redecorating for Jill & Derrick. Jessa was being her bossy self & removed the pictures that Jana had hung up. Well this one battle Jana was not going to let Jessa have. She was mad. And on the talking couch, Joy said something like, Jessa-0, Jana-1 round one. I loved every minute of it.

Thanks for clarification on the Ms, @marmalade.

Somewhere I forgot about Mason, thinking Meredith was the littlest. Very relieved Anna did not suffer a miscarriage. Nobody "deserves" that.

I call attention to Jana's constant texting cuz Duggar rule states: kids receive social media/smart phone privileges when courting. If true, she has a multi-year invisible courtship!

So weary of their pious, judgey, better than you double standards.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived