IGNORED

Counting on Season 4 - Part 5 - Volunteering or Profiteering

Buzzard

22 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I have to say it seems sad she has to rush to tell everyone before its spilled...

How hard is it to ask/tell people ‘please wait till we have a chance to tell everyone our news personally’

That’s what we did. We asked family and friends not to tell or mention anything on Facebook because we wanted to make sure the people who were important to us heard the news from us  

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nargus said:

How hard is it to ask/tell people ‘please wait till we have a chance to tell everyone our news personally’

That’s what we did. We asked family and friends not to tell or mention anything on Facebook because we wanted to make sure the people who were important to us heard the news from us  

You have to be able to trust those people not to tell. One of the alternative theories for the infamous Josiah-arm-twist incident when Michelle announced that she was pregnant with Jubilee was that Josiah wasn't running away because he was upset, he was running to the phone to call someone and tell them, and they were shouting, "Don't call!" at him. I believe there was another incident when Michelle announced her pregnancy with either Josie or Jordyn, where somebody (Josh?) called and told someone else before they were supposed to. So maybe Joy knows that her family members just can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

You have to be able to trust those people not to tell. One of the alternative theories for the infamous Josiah-arm-twist incident when Michelle announced that she was pregnant with Jubilee was that Josiah wasn't running away because he was upset, he was running to the phone to call someone and tell them, and they were shouting, "Don't call!" at him. I believe there was another incident when Michelle announced her pregnancy with either Josie or Jordyn, where somebody (Josh?) called and told someone else before they were supposed to. So maybe Joy knows that her family members just can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut.

Or it’s possible she just showed early or had obvious symptoms and they felt rushed to tell people before they guessed. That happened to me with my second pregnancy because my morning sickness was so bad. We ended up telling our immediate families at or before 8 weeks so they weren’t worrying something was wrong. It sucked because we wanted to keep the news private for longer, but it just wasn’t possible.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Or it’s possible she just showed early or had obvious symptoms and they felt rushed to tell people before they guessed. That happened to me with my second pregnancy because my morning sickness was so bad. We ended up telling our immediate families at or before 8 weeks so they weren’t worrying something was wrong. It sucked because we wanted to keep the news private for longer, but it just wasn’t possible.

no in the video Tlc put out Joy said once she told one person in her family she only had hours to tell everyone personally before it got around to all her family. 

where is buzzard... does she need a brownie to be enticed??? because I only am watching the following episode where joy gives semi birth ..

A New Bundle Of Joy

-          Eek. That name! Welcome to they announce to the world that Gideon is on the way. Now he’s nearly a month old. There’s a 30 minute showing of his birth but I don’t think that I am required to deal with that. That recap was done!

-          Previously On: Why is this required? There’s nothing interesting going on. JinJer have friends over and Kendra is picking out her wedding dress. Joe picks out a cake, JD is hilarious. Kendra is super surrrrrprised!

-          Bachelor/Bachelorette Party for Joe and Kendra. JD is being JD and not caring about them getting flipped off.

-          JinJer get a coffee roaster

-          JoStin have some news. Joy wants to tell everyone individually. Well…that’s interesting

-          Laredo: Coffee shop. Jinger without her coffee in the morning is sweet and half awake and not a functioning human being. Jeremy is trying a pour over. What is a pour over? It’s a certain type of brewing coffee where you pour hot water over the grounds says Ben. Josiah is trying to be funny and not succeeding. Jeremy is talking up the café owners, he’s probably going to give them a tract at some point. They’re a cool company says Jeremy. Jinger got a vanilla latte it’s her usual. Jeremy is wearing a hat that I always associate with my great grandfather on my mother’s side because he had that exact hat. Kendra would be a French vanilla coffee. Jinga Ninja. Ben is makingfun of Jinger’s Baaaaabe. And now the rest of them are jumping on the bandwagon. Ahhh Jinger wants to make coffee and sell it. Jessa apparently told her so that she could send it to her. I have to turn up the volume because everyone seems to be mumbling. I must be zoning out. Jinger wants to roast for themselves and maybe for a couple of friends. Give it a try and see what happens.

Arkansas:

Bachelor and Bachelorrette Party for Joe and Kendra. 19-20 people to be on the water. They’re waiting for everyone else to get there, put some ice in the coolers and go. Austin says that married life is going great. They’re loving it and Austin is recommending it for everyone. Even the Gays? Ohhhh! Joy is talking a bit about their wedding and I am remembering how much she didn’t care. They decided to do a joint one because Joy and Austin did, they loved it and they had a lot of fun. Joe is not a water guy but he knew that everyone would love it. Kendra loves being in the water. She’s a water bug. They need three boats to accommodate everyone. JB is there and driving the pontoon boat, JD is driving a ski boat, and so is Pastor Caldwell. Pastor Caldwell looks like he could be one of the kids, JB does not. He is the total  middle aged man. Pastor Caldwell has a bit of a little boy in him and he loves slinging people off the tubes.

A Bundle of Crap that TLC Puts on TV every Monday

I’m not bored at all. :P I swear! Also can I say that I am sick of seeing the Roloffs. Audrey makes my blood boil and now Meri and the Browns, grrrrrrrrr. Pineapple head Kody. Grrrrrrr!

I am not craving Counting On. Thanks though!

On the Water with the Duggars:

Spending time with my family and her family before the wedding. Yes Joe! Everyone seems to be getting flipped off the tube. JB is on the slow boat. I’m sorry all I could think is the slow bus. Pastor Caldwell is having the time of his life. Jana and Joy and Austin aren’t really getting involved in the whole tubing thing. They’re dry on a nice pontoon boat with lots of food. Joy says that she doesn’t feel up to it and the producer asks why and then she makes a sly face. Because you’re pregnant with Gideon. Kendra has not done any tubing or water skiing but her Mom said it’s fun. Oh man. She sounds so very young. My Mom says it’s fun. JD looking like a regular guy is trying to flip his brother and his fiancée straight into that water. Jana and Joy are recapping the lovely tubbing. Joe is worrying about the rules of engagement. They were pressing against each other and was trying not to get too close to her. He’s straddling her which is quite funny and then they flipped. “They flipped!” said Joy. JD didn’t break any bones but he knocked the air out of a couple of people. He seems pretty pleased with himself. “You still have smiles on your face, so it must have been ok.” Jana is on the phone again. Checking on her children? Checking on her plan to escape? Making sure Michelle hasn’t forgotten that there are other children besides Josie? “We don’t have to have alcohol to have fun.” No, you don’t. You don’t need running shoes to run either but it helps! I’m drinking Palm Bay as we speak! They went back to the marina for lunch.

Let’s Play a Game!

They’re playing the marshmallow game says Jana. They are asking a question, they write down the answer, and if it lined up with what the other said, they would haven’t to put a marshmallow in their mouth. “How many kids do you want?” They’re making fun of Joe’s math skills. Kendra said “6 or however many the lord wills.” One word to describe Joe. “Sweet.” Joe says “Steady.” He needs to put a marshmallow in his mouth but he can’t eat it. “Jinger what do you like on your pizza?” Jeremy is going to guess. They both said “Veggies!” They are clearly soul mates. “What is your favourite colour?” Olive green? Army green. Burnt Orange says Joe. What is your shoe size?” Ben didn’t know Jessa’s show size and he got a marshmallow but he seems to enjoy it. Joe doesn’t know Kendra’s show size. Joe is going to have a lot of marshmallows in his mouth. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Italy says Jinger. LA says Jeremy. “Give me the marshmallows. Jessa hates marshmallows and she hopes she won’t throw up. “Are these gluten free? I can’t have gluten?” Jinger is eating hers and Jeremy is making fun of her. Ben is aying Just put it in your mouth. Jessa doesn’t look impressed. “What is your favourite feature about Kendra?” “My laugh?” “Everything.” Awwww Joe. Joe had the most marshmallows. Shocker Kendra won. But Jana says that they know each other pretty well. The day was amazing, they love doing stuff together. Josiah you are going to get married soon. You would have been married if Marjorie hadn’t back out. Stop talking. You’re on my last nerve. Kendra finds it hard to think about not living in the same room as her sisters. It’s mixed emotions.

Why in the hell is Jana on her phone --AGAIN!! -- while in the damn boat???

WHOOOO is she texting all the damn time?

Just another Duggar hypocrisy. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Why in the hell is Jana on her phone --AGAIN!! -- while in the damn boat???

WHOOOO is she texting all the damn time?

Just another Duggar hypocrisy. 

maybe she's texting the mystery person she told Henry's gender too. remember Joy and Jana knew Joy told Austin that Jessa was having a boy and Jana told someone but didn't say who. 

also hasn't it been mentioned that Joe is afraid of water if so JD flipping him off the tube is just a dick move. 

Jessa, has to take credit for everything "I told Ginger she should roast & sell her own blend". for some reasons she reminds me of Carlin Bates.....

Just now, Baca said:

Jessa, has to take credit for everything "I told Ginger she should roast & sell her own blend". for some reasons she reminds me of Carlin Bates.....

she also is the one that basically sat JInger and Jeremy up I'm sure we'll here that a lot more in the coming seasons. 

Just now, Berty K said:

Jana told Jill. 

oh really guess I missed that part I just remember he being all mysterious about who she told.  If I was Jessa I would have been pissed to be honest. 

I feel like the Duggars' attempt at turning every bachelor(ette) party into straight-edge moralizing about how to have fun without alcohol would be more effective if TLC didn't include tons of footage of people not participating, looking at their phones, sitting there watching other people do stuff...

Okay. That coffee roaster is $369 on Amazon. Plus all the beans.

More Duggar privilege. 

Bundle of Coffee?

Laredo, Texas

Let’s check this out says Jeremy. Jeremy is talking about roasting their own beans, they got their own coffee roaster, they order their own beans, they’re going to try this. Jinger is really excited. Jana wasn’t really surprised, she is the main one out of all of them family that is the coffee queen. Jinger is pouring out the beans and she wants to not burn the house down. She wants somewhat good coffee but mostly not burn the house down. Jinger loves coffee and trying new things says Jessa. She thinks it would be a good side business. The first kind of coffee that they decided to roast was Ethiopian. They’re trying to figure out the settings of the coffee roaster and it’s really not going well. Jinger is journaling as she goes. She’s making some typical Jinger faces as she does that and Jeremy is being completely unhelpful. Jinger is clearly really interested in this and Jeremy just seems to be playing along. He’s talking about cracks and worrying about burning the beans.

What is a first crack?

Ben: First crack umm. I think it might have something to do with coffee beans

Jessa: I have no idea? Your first time trying something.

Jason: When the coffee bean is first cracked.

Oh we didn’t pre-heat it babe. You’re not supposed to says Jinger. Jeremy didn’t think that the pre-heart was a big deal but it’s not like making a frozen pizza. Who knew? They ruined that batch because they didn’t pre-heat. It’s sad, Jinger wants to cry. She hates to see it to go to waste. It’s depressing and she just wants to be good at it. Well she can really blame it on Jeremy. They’re trying a different bean, I didn’t catch the name. I don’t truly care to be honest. Jinger heard them cracking and they did a high five. They were very pleased with the look of the beans and Jinger is excited. They looked how coffee beans were supposed to look. She is smelling them and now they are going to make espresso. Jeremy wants to take a picture of her trying it. “Look happy!” She did not look happy. She does not like it at all. It was super light. They did not roast it correctly. That “Look happy” throws me back to my mother on Christmas morning. They don’t like the second batch either but it tasted like coffee. “Hotel Coffee” says Jinger. Whatever that means. She is going to master it. She thinks it’s their goal to make a decent roast for Joe and Kendra’s wedding. If not she will have to buy them something. She says that with shame.

Cowsssss!

Joy and Austin’s house

They tore off all the old siding and put new siding on, they tore the front porch off. They have exciting news to tell everyone. They are going to drop off the dozer and the 18 wheeler at Austin parents and tell them. Then they are going to meet JB and Michelle somewhere and tell them. Then she will text and tell the rest of the siblings and they have to hit hard and fast so that word doesn’t spread. They want to tell each and everyone individually that they are expecting Gideon. She kinda suspected that she was pregnant and they took a test. THEY took a test. Joy didn’t do it on her own. She probably asked Austin I she should. They’ll tell the kids last. That’s what the balloons are for. Don’t want to do the big family meeting. Yeah like when she tossed the bible due to Jill being pregnant. She wants it to be special but there are so many kids and they only have a few hours before everyone knows. They have to get it done one right after another. “fake laugh” Shirts for Jessa for the boys. “Cousin Crew.” In person is the parents and Jessa and Ben and all the little kids. Text and call and video conference the rest of the kids. They are on the way. Whoooo soooo exciting. *Sip the Palm Bay* Due date is late February but I guess I will go into Early March, nope, not sure what the birth plan is. Praying about it. You should think about it but you end up having a c-section.  Dressing too pretty to be working says Austin’s Dad and now they are going to tell them! Dun dun dun!

Oh come on, TLC. The only reason this season finale will be “unforgettable” is because it will be the third or fourth time we’ve seen JoKen’s wedding. 

13 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

oh really guess I missed that part I just remember he being all mysterious about who she told.  If I was Jessa I would have been pissed to be honest. 

We didn't find out who Jana told during that episode, but during that special interview with all the couples, shortly after Joy was married, is when she revealed it had been Jill. I believe she said Jessa had given her permission.

6 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Oh come on, TLC. The only reason this season finale will be “unforgettable” is because it will be the third or fourth time we’ve seen JoKen’s wedding. 

seriously if they are going to drag this out they could have at least taped until Jan when siah asked Lauren and aired that as the final. they need to take a lesson from the Bates if they want to stay on the air longer seasons less time in between to keep things mostly current. 

I feel like the season just started. Couldn’t tell you what I’ve watched since it’s so dull (my way of avoiding studying). I wonder when they will have Joy’s birth special. 

ETA never mind. I see the special is on next. 

Just now, mstee said:

I feel like the season just started. Couldn’t tell you what I’ve watched since it’s so dull (my way of avoiding studying). I wonder when they will have Joy’s birth special. 

that's because it did just start Feb 26th was the premiere date it hasn't even been on a month yet. 

Whatcha gonna do today? We’re making our way to all of the famiy members and letting them know that we are expecting. What a blessing! That’s exciting! We found out not too long ago but we didn’t want to tell everyone because we wanted to make sure that everything was ok. I am so excited for Joy and Austin says Austin’s Mom. We are going to be praying, blessings, God gives us a boy or a girl. Blah blah blah blah. Are you banking on it being a girl? Austin’s Mom said that she thought it was a girl because they just had a girl last year. It’s a boy. A big boy named Gideon. They don’t know if they want to find out. Do they have a preference? Austin says that he doesn’t want to say it on camera because then the child would say I know that you didn’t love me. Joy says that he does want a boy first. Another blessing added to our lives. Gag me with a spoon.

Heading to tell JB and M. They’re holding hands and apparently Austin is going to be an amazing Dad. He’s going to be willing to help with whatever. She doesn’t know how she is going to be as a Mom but having a lot of siblings and being a mother is different. They textd Jana and she was super excited for them. She’s bad about asking so she’s glad that they told her. Austin thinks that Joy will be a fantastic Mom, she’s a hard worker and very consistent and diligient. She’s going to be the rock that they need. How many grandkids do you have? 8 with one on the way. Anna’s pregnant. They’re going to be adding one come Febuary or March. “Woowww that is wonderful!” Michelle has them crazy eyes going. They wanted to make sure that everything was ok. Joy is exhausted. “Well that’s excting.” They’re talking about their grandkids. And they can remember them but Michelle says that she can’t. JB says that they will have to wear nametags. What a joy! Literally. Oh shit still 10 minutes. Dear god. I am so done with this. They are now heading to Jessa and Ben’s. They are telling Josiah. Josiah thought they were kidding him. He then says that is cool. Wow. He’s excited. Of course! He wants it to be named after him. I don’t think so. What if it’s a girl? Josiahly.

Knock knock. How are you doing? Ben is playing with Spurgeon and Jessa and Henry are sitting on the couch. Spurgeon is opening his present. Heyyy cousin crew? Y’all having a kid. This seems so scripted. I am not going to lie. Ben is a very bad actor. Do the math? It’s a honeymoon baby. I’m not really surprised. Ben says “Didn’t waste any time.” Jinger took pictures for Jessa and Ben. Jessa is now talking about how they announced to everyone. Cue the picture of Spurgeon and how they are doubling the love. Michelle screeching. Baby 2. Do you have a feeling etierh way? Joy thinks it’s a boy. Austin says a girl. Jessa says that they are on a boy strand right now. Ben says if they don’t want to know but they want to find out, they can tell them. They’re good at keeping secrets. Joy doesn’t want to know. Austin does. “There are only two options.” Actually….well never mind you’re fundie. Jessa thinks that they are having a boy, and it’s all boys right now. Jinger is saying hello. Jeremy says that everyone is there. Jeremy is talking to Henry. “What’s that mean?” You’re going to be a new uncle. “Austin and I are expecting. It is exciting says Jinger, cool to see if it looks more like Joy or Austin. What time is it? Do you have plans to start a family in the near future? Do you have any news to share with us today? Jeremy says that they are having quintatuplets. That’s a litter says Jinger. Of course he said something previously about the lords timing.

Share the news with the little kids last. Just because if you tell one little kid, then everyone knows. So that’s why she wants to tell the little kids last. They brought some balloons. There’s going to confetti and a note. Oh and back to the buddy team. Joy wants them to pop water balloon they think has the secret message in it? Tyler gets to read that they are having a baby. Isnt that crazy we’re having a baby? Jackson wants twins, one a boy and one a girl. Josie says triplets. Jordyn says “Two babies?” SOTDRT. When we are about in our 90s. That’s when they will stop I guess? I missed that part. I was enjoying, call that sarcasm, the bottom of the palm bay. Its warm and not good at all. It’s crazy. Now they have to tell the other family and friends. But how did you tell Josh? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh thank god! I am signing off of this recap!  

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Whatcha gonna do today? We’re making our way to all of the famiy members and letting them know that we are expecting. What a blessing! That’s exciting! We found out not too long ago but we didn’t want to tell everyone because we wanted to make sure that everything was ok. I am so excited for Joy and Austin says Austin’s Mom. We are going to be praying, blessings, God gives us a boy or a girl. Blah blah blah blah. Are you banking on it being a girl? Austin’s Mom said that she thought it was a girl because they just had a girl last year. It’s a boy. A big boy named Gideon. They don’t know if they want to find out. Do they have a preference? Austin says that he doesn’t want to say it on camera because then the child would say I know that you didn’t love me. Joy says that he does want a boy first. Another blessing added to our lives. Gag me with a spoon.

Heading to tell JB and M. They’re holding hands and apparently Austin is going to be an amazing Dad. He’s going to be willing to help with whatever. She doesn’t know how she is going to be as a Mom but having a lot of siblings and being a mother is different. They textd Jana and she was super excited for them. She’s bad about asking so she’s glad that they told her. Austin thinks that Joy will be a fantastic Mom, she’s a hard worker and very consistent and diligient. She’s going to be the rock that they need. How many grandkids do you have? 8 with one on the way. Anna’s pregnant. They’re going to be adding one come Febuary or March. “Woowww that is wonderful!” Michelle has them crazy eyes going. They wanted to make sure that everything was ok. Joy is exhausted. “Well that’s excting.” They’re talking about their grandkids. And they can remember them but Michelle says that she can’t. JB says that they will have to wear nametags. What a joy! Literally. Oh shit still 10 minutes. Dear god. I am so done with this. They are now heading to Jessa and Ben’s. They are telling Josiah. Josiah thought they were kidding him. He then says that is cool. Wow. He’s excited. Of course! He wants it to be named after him. I don’t think so. What if it’s a girl? Josiahly.

Knock knock. How are you doing? Ben is playing with Spurgeon and Jessa and Henry are sitting on the couch. Spurgeon is opening his present. Heyyy cousin crew? Y’all having a kid. This seems so scripted. I am not going to lie. Ben is a very bad actor. Do the math? It’s a honeymoon baby. I’m not really surprised. Ben says “Didn’t waste any time.” Jinger took pictures for Jessa and Ben. Jessa is now talking about how they announced to everyone. Cue the picture of Spurgeon and how they are doubling the love. Michelle screeching. Baby 2. Do you have a feeling etierh way? Joy thinks it’s a boy. Austin says a girl. Jessa says that they are on a boy strand right now. Ben says if they don’t want to know but they want to find out, they can tell them. They’re good at keeping secrets. Joy doesn’t want to know. Austin does. “There are only two options.” Actually….well never mind you’re fundie. Jessa thinks that they are having a boy, and it’s all boys right now. Jinger is saying hello. Jeremy says that everyone is there. Jeremy is talking to Henry. “What’s that mean?” You’re going to be a new uncle. “Austin and I are expecting. It is exciting says Jinger, cool to see if it looks more like Joy or Austin. What time is it? Do you have plans to start a family in the near future? Do you have any news to share with us today? Jeremy says that they are having quintatuplets. That’s a litter says Jinger. Of course he said something previously about the lords timing.

Share the news with the little kids last. Just because if you tell one little kid, then everyone knows. So that’s why she wants to tell the little kids last. They brought some balloons. There’s going to confetti and a note. Oh and back to the buddy team. Joy wants them to pop water balloon they think has the secret message in it? Tyler gets to read that they are having a baby. Isnt that crazy we’re having a baby? Jackson wants twins, one a boy and one a girl. Josie says triplets. Jordyn says “Two babies?” SOTDRT. When we are about in our 90s. That’s when they will stop I guess? I missed that part. I was enjoying, call that sarcasm, the bottom of the palm bay. Its warm and not good at all. It’s crazy. Now they have to tell the other family and friends. But how did you tell Josh? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh thank god! I am signing off of this recap!  

did they actually mention Anna was pregnant on the show? if so I think that may have been the first time the show ever addressed it even though we have seen a very pregnant Anna on screen a few times. 

1 minute ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

did they actually mention Anna was pregnant on the show? if so I think that may have been the first time the show ever addressed it even though we have seen a very pregnant Anna on screen a few times. 

Yes, they mentioned that she was pregnant and due after Joe & Kendra’s wedding. Then they were naming all their grandkids, included Mason, and said he wasn’t born yet.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived