IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Ken says that SAHM's keep kids from "turning gay". Using that logic, if I'm a parent with a part-time job and I'm only at home half the time, does that mean that my child will be bisexual? 

Isn't it funny that just yesterday we were talking about Ken's silence and today -viola!- here he is to teach the womenfolk. 

Well, I was home for the first few years 2 of my children's lives, and both of them are bisexual, or fluid, or something like that-I don't ask for details, they're of adult age, it's up to them, and I just want them to be happy...anyway, guess it was my job that did it!  :pb_lol:  

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not allowing bodily piercings or tattoos isn't "oppression". I would say it's normal parenting. Many, if not most, parents would probably say "no, you can't get a tattoo/nose piercing till you're 18", seeing as most states have laws in place to this effect. I'm not entirely sure on the UK law, it tends to be dependent on the studio (although most would say 16/18). Schools usually forbid piercings apart from earlobe ones, and you're allowed one, and they have to be studs. (I knew a few got belly button ones but they're easier to hide). 

But.... why, with the attitudes of people like Lori and others around, would anyone "choose" to be gay? Even when their relatives turn out to be liberal and welcoming, young gay people really struggle with their sexuality. Despite the beliefs of fundies, it is the norm for a person to be straight, and coming to terms with the fact that you're not part of the norm is hard. It's a depressing fact of life that to be different often marks you out for criticism and, yup, hatred. People have killed themselves over it. 

Small change in topic but I can't help but wonder if Lori buys her Facebook likes and followers. It's possible to do so from what I've seen. She spent money to boost her posts. But with her following size she doesn't get much interaction with her posts other than the occasional controversial one. And I know she deletes a number of them but even then it seems like little interaction. 

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

No, not allowing bodily piercings or tattoos isn't "oppression". I would say it's normal parenting. Many, if not most, parents would probably say "no, you can't get a tattoo/nose piercing till you're 18"

I agree that not allowing body mod isn't oppression. I really don't see why so many parents make a big deal about piercings, though. Tattoos are permanent and should be thought about long and hard. Same with gauges in the ears. But I let my kid get piercings in high school and it didn't seem like a big deal. Some she's kept into adulthood and some she hasn't. I can't even see the hole where her eyebrow piercing used to be. I view it as fairly harmless self expression.

10 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Didn’t Ken make Lori work until she sabotaged her birth control to stay home with baby 2 or 3?

But now he’s preaching on the evils of working mothers?

And how does he explain the Christian homeschooler Austin bomber? Please someone who isn’t blocked yet ASK!!!

I think if someone asked Ken about the Austin bomber, he would try to come up with some stupid excuse like he did with Josh Duggar. 

I truly hope some of the working mothers in the orthodontic offices of Ken's clients find some of the hateful shit is spouting. I'm sure they would be pissed as hell for shit Ken is claiming about the children of working mothers. Out of curiosity, I googled the name of female orthodontist who left a testimonial on Ken's site. She lives in the same city as Loriken. The orthodontist is listed as having two kids and supports school activities. So does Ken believe that her kids are going to turn gay because she's not at home with them?

The orthodontist's staff page has five women listed. The last updates appear to have been before October 2016. There could have been staff changes since then. Two of the women listed have kids.  Since Ken lives in the same suburb, it's possible that he has spent a lot of time at the office around those women. I feel bad for the orthodontist and the staff if they have no idea about Ken's hatred of working women.

I also checked out the site of Steven's practice and there have been some changes. There was a male orthodontist listed on there a couple of months back in addition to Steven and the  older partner. Well, now that guy is no longer listed and a woman is now listed on there as having joined the practice last August and is close to finishing her orthodontic certification. She attended the same dental school as Steven. Now, it's possible that Steven doesn't have the same hateful views towards working women that Loriken do. But, will Loriken tell Steven that his colleague is horrible for having a career?  The colleague is a newlywed and if she has kids and continues working, poor thing will be bashed by Loriken.

Lori on her blog

You’re so welcome and Ken wants out of CA so we may be a lot closer to you soon but even if we don’t, we have eternity with all of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Oh, what a day that will be – “When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will. When we all see Jesus we’ll sing and shout the victory!”

More talk of moving east. And look at the gloating party. She is so excited for the day her and her fan girls can be in heaven and partying without all us ungodlies. I think anyone besides her fan girls, just absolutely disgusts her and she looks at the rest of people like they have a disease. She can't wait to get into sterile heaven away from us.

No thank you to that.  I happen to like my life right here, just fine.  I cringe when I see this, "Even so, come Lord Jesus", routine.  They're so damn miserable, they just want it all to be over.  That's heartbreaking.  And half of it is self inflicted.  

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori on her blog

More talk of moving east. And look at the gloating party. She is so excited for the day her and her fan girls can be in heaven and partying without all us ungodlies. I think anyone besides her fan girls, just absolutely disgusts her and she looks at the rest of people like they have a disease. She can't wait to get into sterile heaven away from us.

She's going to be so surprised if she gets there. So so so so damn surprised. 

They are so awkward as a married couple. It's hard to believe they've been married as long as they have been from how they interact. There's no love there for sure. 

IMG_3171.PNG

Right, they talk like two 13 year olds.  Has anyone seen the "mortified guide" on netflix? Reminds me of that. 

Omgosh they're so awkward. Why would he compliment her over Facebook like that?

Actually scratch that, my brain is weird. As soon as I posted the question I remember a scene from Twilight were the vampires are discussing how they have to act normal so they don't scare people away. So many this is their very awkward attempt at appearing like a normal happy couple? 

Just now, Sarah92 said:

"You have amazing handwriting."  Why Ken, you romantic devil you.

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

But, they probably get envious once they see some working moms and their families going off on a vacation to make happy memories or they get envious that the working mom has little money for her own luxurious like perfume, nice clothes, or whatever the mom wants. I suspect that Lori's fangirls also have envy towards SAHMs whose families are much better financial shape than them. Then again, the fangirls worship Lori who spent months vacating in Wisconsin and has other luxuries.

YES. YES. YES. SO. MUCH. YES.

And it took 30 years of marriage to notice her handwriting? LOL.  And how many doodles has she posted and he just says that now. 

24 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Because they are lizard people trying to blend in. 

18 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And it took 30 years of marriage to notice her handwriting? LOL.  And how many doodles has she posted and he just says that now. 

Three of the comments on her most recent blog post are from Ken.  I wonder if he's feeling neglected, and is trying to tell her 'hey, you have real people, in the real world, pay attention to me!' 

To Nashey Collier... and what about when they reach the outside world upon graduation? Unless they’re going to be self-employed, they are going to interact with all sorts of people. If you’ve sheltered and isolated your kids until that point, I can imagine it being a BIG shock to realise that not everyone believes the same as them. And just repeating BIBLE BIBLE BIBLE at them ain’t gonna cut it, I’m afraid. 

@Koala, that old “men putting their hand to the plow” bullshit! Back a century ago, my FIL’s father used to hit the bar after work on payday and drink away most of his paycheck, leaving damn little for his wife to use for feeding their seven kids. 

My FIL, bless him and may he rest in peace, realized the rampant alcoholism among the men in his family, and refused to drink so much as a sip of champagne as a wedding toast. He and my MIL were devoted parents (she was a SAHM), but that didn’t prevent their only child, my ex, from the bipolar disorder and alcoholism that ran in the family.

One of Ken's comments

Ken Alexander Sending the kids to public schools and secular colleges is just another game of Russian Roulette. Some want to point out that because "they got through it OK" it must be God's will, yet littered along the way are the souls of the many who did not escape the traps set by Satan. Parents are not called to be over protective of their children, but we are called to give them the best training and protection necessary to be able to make the right decision to choose Jesus. They still must decide, but the decision may be far easier when it is not complicated and intertwined with the worlds ways

Ken, then why did you refuse to pay Cassi's BIOLA tutition? You remember that she ended up at a public college after that.

19 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Briefly,  I don't think Lori got her use of "Miss Lori" from The Help but from Imitation of Life, the late 50s version with Lana Turner and Juanita Moore and directed by Douglas Sirk. Lana's character is called Miss Laura by her maid Annie, played by the wonderful Miss Moore.

I don't think calling women by Miss followed by their first name is done much anymore outside of preschool.  I could be wrong about that though.

I'm not sure who originally mentioned that on here, but it did make sense about Lori. One of my mother's sisters lived with us from before I was born. All the kids called her "Miss" in front of her name and it seems like most of the people in my family also use Miss as a term of respect for older women. It might be a S. Texas thing or it might just be my family. We lost a very special friend 2 weeks ago, she was 100 years old and everyone (including my daughter) always called her Miss.

I love that Ken compliments literally the only thing positive about Lori. That lady sucks, but her handwriting is legitimately pretty. 

8 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Cassi’s kid’s head is flopping around in Lori’s insta story. SUPPORT THE NECK!

I just saw that and about had a panic attack. I thought she was  going to drop that poor baby!

54 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I just saw that and about had a panic attack. I thought she was  going to drop that poor baby!

I am not even a baby person and how she held her still gave me anxiety. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived