IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

Carry on from here:

Lori is wading deep into unknown territory about sex and gender. It’s pretty unpleasant and hopefully it won’t go viral. Did you know Lori had a post go viral once?

Last post by @lilwriter85

4810E68B-2461-4986-B30B-96BFD273BBC1.thumb.jpeg.dd5ddafe343927f36ac03a830d64da78.jpeg

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Lindy Johnson

Yes... The issues now are we are putting both male and female DNA into our children's bodies via vaccines. So when a child has blood work when they are older, some mutated DNA may make them appear to be the opposite gender via blood work. This is not a huge issue now and usually only happens when you get a lot of the opposite gender's DNA (such as in disappearing twin syndrome). However, the more vaccines we add, and the more generations this goes on, we are going to see it becoming more and more of an issue.
But our DNA ALWAYS matches sex and gender. If it doesn't appear to, someone else's DNA is involved.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/aborted-fetal-tissue-and-vaccines-combining-pseudoscience-and-religion-to-demonize-vaccines-2/

What do people that no nothing about medicine or the medical field speak about it. If you type in male and female DNA in vaccines on google search you get a lot of stories about Christians who believe that their are aborted fetuses in vaccines. 

When will they learn that gender and sex aren’t the same thing. I know they believe that god is perfect and doesn’t make mistakes but if babies can be born without limbs or with organs on the outside of their body then why can’t they be born the wrong sex? 

I know this is largely unrelated to the thread at this moment, but every time I’m in a certain one of my classes my thoughts drift back to Lori’s threads.

The teacher for that class looks a lot like Lori, from certain angles, and from others not at all, and she teaches us about religion and how certain aspects of it have shaped the world we live in and it’s all a bit more in-depth and complicated than that description, but for anonymity sake I can’t really go into more detail, for both her sake and mine (she’s very well known in theology circles).

Thing is though, this amazing woman, this Professor - no less - is so, so different from Lori, so much so that I feel very guilty for being reminded about our Godly Mentor when I look at her. My Professor is extremely well educated, heads and shoulders above what Lori could ever hope to accomplish, but she’s (and I’ve found this to be true of almost all of the lecturers at my uni) so brilliantly humble. So kind and generous with their time and expertise, and willing to entertain the thoughts of mere mortal beginners like myself. That they argue that opinion of ourselves, and say that our beginner opinions and thoughts are valuable because they know that journey and they’ve been on it too never ceases to take my breath away because, my whole life, anything less than immediate competence/mastery on my part has been met with scorn, and that my lecturers appreciate the efforts not just myself, but the entire department of students, go through to open ourselves and our lives and opinions and views in the pursuit of our enlightenment (and by this I mean not divine but academic and educational), was all I needed to cast aside any doubts I had about this perhaps not being the course for me.

But, praise for my uni and course aside. The Professor I have who looks like Lori is probably one of the most brilliant women I have ever met. She’s been a feminist for a very long time, and has taken part in so many protests, and endured suffering for her political causes. She truly knows what it feels like to face persecution, and she knows what it feels like to stand up and say “I’m going to do something about this”. She’s far more inspirational to me than I’ll ever have the guts to admit to her, and the kicker is that she’d still probably sit across a table from Lori, listen to whatever Lori had to say, and then accept that all her (the Professor’s) well educated arguments and thought-out responses wouldn’t even touch Lori’s arrogance. She'd do that and accept the outcome with grace, and dignity, and far more kindness than Lori could ever hope to possess.

But hey, heart-of-gold, empowered women fighting the good fight in the ways that enrich their lives are my kind of women, whether they homeschool their children and keep their houses, don't have spouses or children, or send their children to school and work a job outside the home (and any mix in-between). Women like Lori, obsessed with what other women eat and have as their occupation and the contents of their wardrobes rather than the content of their convictions and character, can honestly sod off.

Also, my Professor's books are really well rated on Amazon, and I highly doubt she had the time (y’know, as she doesn’t sit on her ass monitoring a facebook page and group chat all day pretending like it’s a job  guide her home like Lori) to solicit her copious amounts of 5-star ratings. Ugh I know she's so much more than just 'my Professor' (obviously I don't own her at all duh) but I don't have a better way to refer to her, but I swear she's amazing. 

Does it count as bragging if it's not about me? Ugh but do you ever just feel so honoured to be a part of someone's life? Even if it's as small and insignificant as being one of probably thousands of students they've ever spoken to.

(also, just because this is a personal hooray and I’m in a gushy type of mood, in our last lesson we were talking about how religious texts may condone violence against wives from husbands, and I was able to bring in things I’ve learned on FJ - as well as sources I’ve found on here, and I was told I’d made an ‘excellent and important point’ and let me tell you getting praise from the people you admire is suuuch a boost. So thank you, entity and individual people of FJ for the knowledge I have gained here). (also if you are my Professor and have read this and worked out who I am/ you are - because it truly wouldn’t surprise me if you read here and our identities are kinds obvious in context  - please don’t ever mention this and I promise, promise that I’ll have at least one good question to ask in our next session!)

Professor (as a word) neither looks nor sounds like a word to me right now because of this post. Good job, me, now that word and ‘bowl’ are ruined forever.

It’s not just a pure binary either - male and female. There are hormone issues that can cause someone who is genetically male (XY) not to develop male genitalia in the womb, so their body appears female. There are hermaphrodites, people with oestrogen and androgen disorders, and all sorts of developmental differences that show how diverse the true spectrum of biological sex can be, without even considering gender and personal identity. 

Me thinks Lindy's kids will either end up just like her and/or run far, far away and tell her she's insane. I greatly hope for the latter, but will be a long, hard road when they do. 

Also, it's really grating to hear women who had no trouble having children telling infertile women to "just adopt". It's not that easy and it's not for everyone. I am all for adoption, but it is not cheap and requires a lot of time and energy and empathy that Lori and her fans do not have. Many come from backgrounds of abuse, neglect, and whether or not their parents intended to give them up, they have to deal with feelings of abandonment and loss. Trust me, Lori and her ilk are not capable of parenting foster and/or adopted children. 

Anyone notice Lori says "Yes...but" or "Yeah...but", "No...but" a lot? If you make a statement and then add a but, you invalidate what you just said. It's making an excuse. That's all she does make a bad claim, gets called out, and puts in a bullshit excuse, "Yeah, but not me","Yes, but I was so sick", etc. Stop making excuses, Lori. The shit on the carpet is yours and yours only. 

After I read the book "Middlesex" several years back, I looked up information about intersex conditions. I can't remember all the specifics, but I am sure of this much: Lindy has no idea what she is talking about. (Shocking, right?)

1 hour ago, Jellybean said:

It’s not just a pure binary either - male and female. There are hormone issues that can cause someone who is genetically male (XY) not to develop male genitalia in the womb, so their body appears female. There are hermaphrodites, people with oestrogen and androgen disorders, and all sorts of developmental differences that show how diverse the true spectrum of biological sex can be, without even considering gender and personal identity. 

Oh there you go with your logic and science and stuff../sarcasm.

3 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Me thinks Lindy's kids will either end up just like her and/or run far, far away and tell her she's insane. I greatly hope for the latter, but will be a long, hard road when they do. 

Also, it's really grating to hear women who had no trouble having children telling infertile women to "just adopt". It's not that easy and it's not for everyone. I am all for adoption, but it is not cheap and requires a lot of time and energy and empathy that Lori and her fans do not have. Many come from backgrounds of abuse, neglect, and whether or not their parents intended to give them up, they have to deal with feelings of abandonment and loss. Trust me, Lori and her ilk are not capable of parenting foster and/or adopted children. 

Anyone notice Lori says "Yes...but" or "Yeah...but", "No...but" a lot? If you make a statement and then add a but, you invalidate what you just said. It's making an excuse. That's all she does make a bad claim, gets called out, and puts in a bullshit excuse, "Yeah, but not me","Yes, but I was so sick", etc. Stop making excuses, Lori. The shit on the carpet is yours and yours only. 

I feel bad for Lindy's kids. If they do decide to leave fundieom, it will be very difficult as she isn't encouraging the girls not to pursue post secondary education or vocational training.

I know a guy whose fundie ATI stepdaughter tried to adopt. She and her husband have three kids, but she has had miscarriages and other health problems. The stepdaughter's husband has very shaky work history of bouncing around from different of sales jobs and then doing stuff like working a DSL installer and then quitting and doing sales. They tried to adopt a baby through an agency. They need money for fees in order for the agency to keep them on file. Of course, they tried GoFundMe and had no success. Other agencies had rejected them due to the husband's work history and financials. Eventually, they got foster parent licenses and are considering adopting from foster care.  I agree Lori and her ilk would be worst people to consider adoption.

I have seen different types of people who are naive about adoption processes. I sometimes read wedding forums for shit show bridezilla posts. But, there are a non-wedding threads on there. There was one thread where a woman was dealing with cancer and the effects on her reproductive system from treatments. She was 35 or 36 and was worried about her fiancé leaving her because they both wanted kids. Other posters kept throwing out adoption to her. She had done her research and knew that many adoption agencies that handle infant adoptions require that people be free of cancer and other health problems for a certain amount of years.  Adoption from foster care was mentioned and she was honest in saying that she and her fiancé didn't feel they were equipped to deal  with potentially older troubled children in the system.  She mentioned that they would be open to fostering babies and toddlers if there was a possible chance to adopt. The other posters probably meant well with advice about forms of adoption, but many of them made it seem like was some easy process.

I used to supervise foster care and adoption- it’s not something you do just on a whim or to fill your own needs. 

Her IG post today reeks of privilege. Guess what, Lori? I’m not haunted by anything from school. I’m haunted by the people in this world that are suffering, I’m haunted by the fact that we have elderly people in this country that eat cat food, and severely restrict their use of heat and AC because their meds bd other living costs  are so expensive. I’m haunted by the children and families and adults that are living with food and housing insecurity. I’m tortured by the way “Christians” like you sit behind their veil of privilege and spout off such limited views. I’m tortured by the hurt and emotional pain caused by the church. It must be nice to sit back and watch the Hallmark channel while you ignore the plight of so many in the world around you. 

3C3E7EB3-A38F-472C-A0C4-E97B65181A0E.png

I'm going into Older Bonker's public school today to read to them. (Hooray for reading!) I have selected a chapter in "A Family Apart", a fictional story of 6 siblings placed on the Orphan Train in 1856 when their widowed mother could no longer care for them. While the story is fictional, the Orphan Train was a very real thing.

So, yeah, Lori. Tell us more about the "good old days" of America. Or would you have suggested that the widowed mother just find a man? (I know the answer, btw.)

And today, there's this:

CNBC reports that, “Singapore’s crime rate is so low that may shops don’t even lock up.” This is how America used to be. Criminals were persecuted swiftly and crime was low. Murderers were given the death penalty. Children could play outside in the neighborhoods until dark without parents being worried about them being stolen. Swift punishment for wrong behavior is a good thing. Children were spanked consistently when they disobeyed and learned to obey quickly.

Cite your sources, please, Lori.  Are you talking about the Wild West? The 1950's? 1776?

And don't get me started about her hypocrisy about sanctuary cities. Is she unaware that sanctuary cities are a thing in the Bible?

@TeddyBonkers she doesn’t understand that. She also has no clue about why sanctuary cities/states exist or the horrible conditions that these people are fleeing from. But then, she brags about her lack of education and awareness which only serve to perpetuate her limited world view, so I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. 

I happen to think a little (well-managed) rebellion is good. My kids are kind and respectful, and I’ve never had to resort to beating them into submission. 

This is how America used to be. Criminals were persecuted swiftly and crime was low. Murderers were given the death penalty. Children could play outside in the neighborhoods until dark without parents being worried about them being stolen. Swift punishment for wrong behavior is a good thing.

This amuses me. A frequently typed, or thought, word, I’m assuming. 

24 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

This amuses me. A frequently typed, or thought, word, I’m assuming. 

That one was probably an autocorrect typo, but, proofreading is a good thing, Lori.

16 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

After I read the book "Middlesex" several years back, I looked up information about intersex conditions.

Funny you mention this....I'm reading this book right now....about a quarter of the way through...Really enjoying it. 

From yesterday's post about the "old paths":

Brothers went into the army 

Ken- Nope.

Lori's sons- Nope.

Moms could cook

Or, they could wait for Dad to cook, and let the kids "beg" for his food.  That's certainly what happened at Ken and Lori's house.

Husbands were loving, wives were supportive

Except, that was NOT always the case, and just because it sounds good for the purpose of this post, doesn't mean it's true.

Women wore the jewelry and men wore the pants.

Yes, because the Bible definitely admonishes women to adorn themselves with jewelry.  And low cut navy tops.  And short vacation shorts.  And flannel "lumberjack" shirts with leggings.

Women looked like ladies, men looked like gentlemen
And children looked decent.

Perhaps in Lori's corner of the world, but the working class wore what the could afford.  As for children, my late father's biggest issue as a child, was deciding which dumpster yielded the best meals, and which bridges offered the most protection from the elements. 

That, of course, was after he ran away from the "ladies" at the orphanage he was living in.  It seems they regularly beat him unmercifully with a wire hanger.  He ran away at 12.  I guess that's the "swift discipline" Lori was referring to this morning.

People loved the truth and hated a lie!

Yes, unlike people today, who will delete the truth, lest it show them for who they really are.  That delete button sure comes in handy when you want to change your story.

Cursing was wicked

And "Christian ladies" certainly wouldn't quote a man referring to women as "bitches", right Lori?

drinking was evil

Unless you have a sister who makes a really good Margarita, and "knows how to have a good time".  OR you have a place that offers really great Sangria.  OR you attend Happy Hour weekly.  OR you're the kind of "Godly Mentor" who "enjoys obeying" the verse about drinking wine for your frequent infirmities (and Lord knows Lori's are frequent).

Sex was a personal word.

Unless you like to talk about your sex life on your blog.  And write posts titled "Naked with a Smile".  And advise strange men online about their sex lives (yes, we all remember Earl and Charles, Lori).  Or if you like to tell your readers about "10 minutes and some lube".  

And abortion was an illegal word.

Actually, abortion was never an illegal word.  It was an illegal action, and because of that many women died trying to obtain safe abortions.

And being a sinner meant someone was praying for you!

Yep.  Now it just means some old busybody will take to her blog, and invite her readers to gossip about you with her.

Praying?  Not so much.  In fact, I once saw just such a busybody admitting that she "forgot to pray" for others.  Never forgot to post about them.  Prayer, though...that's harder to remember.

It's nice that Lori is so fond of the "old paths".  

Don't forget "pump him dry."

(OT: My autocorrect wants to change "dry" to "set." :huh:)

I was curious about Singapore since Lori seems to think that it's a model of uprightness.

Does Lori know that in Singapore you're guilty until proven innocent? Or that if someone drugs you without your knowledge you can and will be punished? It doesn't always mean death anymore. They've altered the law and it could mean a caning or imprisonment unless you can prove that you were drugged without your consent. So if a woman was date raped and suspects drugs were involved, she would be a fool to go to the police. However, rape is highly illegal and punishable by death.

Prositution is not illegal in Singapore, only certain sex acts, and the age of consent is 16. LGBTQ rights are few and it's illegal to be an openly gay man.

Singapore is so clean because spitting, littering, and graffiti are all punishable by caning. Obedience through fear is paramount and the ends justify the means. Is this what Lori is promoting? Yes, of course she is.

Did anyone catch this bit from her cleaning video:

Yes, I color my hair.  Someone asked me on one...one of my Instagrams, "Why don't you just let your hair be the color that God created it to be?"  

Well, he did create it to be brown until I got older.  And, my husband likes it brown, and I like it too. It's not...I do it myself.

It really doesn't matter what you and Ken like, Lori.  As you pointed out, "God created it to be brown, until you got older".  Now he's created it to be white.  After all, Proverbs 16:31 says, 

Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness.

Don't you love God's ways, Lori?  If he'd wanted you to have brown hair in your old age, he'd have left it that way.

This sounds a lot like vanity to me, which is warned about in the Bible.

Side note: She says she colors it herself, but in the past she's talked about having someone else do it.  Interesting.

@KoalaRight, and as Lindy says God doesn't make mistakes! If didn't want it to go white, he would have not made hair go white as you get older!

5 hours ago, Frog99 said:

3C3E7EB3-A38F-472C-A0C4-E97B65181A0E.png

That 'Lot's righteous soul' thing really pisses me off.  What kind of 'righteous' father would offer to hand over his virgin daughters, presumably quite young given the marriage customs of the day, to be gang-raped to protect two men he had just met?  I just re-read the Biblical account to refresh my memory, and I see no indication that Lot knew at the time that they were angels, but even if he did know...WTF?  Why didn't he offer himself, rather than his daughters?  Wouldn't it have been more righteous to protect his children, who were depending on him?  

I am not a violent person. I do not advocate physical violence. However, when Lori mentions disciplining children, we all know she means beating them with a leather strap. Which of course Lori says only stings for a moment.

We also know LoriKen took turns over 4 hours beating one of their children because of spilled raisins.  Lori wrote on the old blog that her sons admitted Ken left bruises when he punished them.

We all know Lori told a reader to hit her daughter harder, even though the woman was afraid she'd broken the child's arm.

Every time I read Lori advocating physical punishment for children and advising using that damned leather strap I want someone to take a leather strap to Lori over a 4-hour period.  I want someone to leave bruises on her like Ken did to her sons.

And then I want her to tell me it only strings a little and then I also want someone to go after her again for lying.

I am horrified at myself for thinking this, but I truly believe the only way Lori would understand how much pain a leather strap beating causes would be if someone did it to her.

Repeatedly. Over time. Like she did to her children while they were little.

Lori's latest doodle is about the horrors kids are supposedly subjected to in public schools. 

Once again, I have to ask, what the hell do these people think is going on in schools? This morning, I subbed in fifth grade. Here is a sampling of the horrors the kids were exposed to: 

*Practiced ordering fractions on a computer program. 

*Went to library and had check out day. 

*Went to art and worked on some sort of collage.

*Silent reading time to meet their quarterly reading goal before tomorrow. 

*Went to music and took a test over some basic music theory they've been learning. 

*A reading lesson and assignment on points of view in narrative writing. 

Nothing in the reading lesson was immoral or offensive. I doubt that the fifth grade level books in the school library are. Ordering fractions is not going to turn them into hell bound demon spawn; it is basically a spiritually and morally neutral skill. 

I truly don't understand what the hell these people are so afraid of. Whatever it is, it is all in their heads. 

COMING SOON TO A THEATER NEAR YOU!!!

The New Johnny Wadders Film...based on the Life of Lori and Ken Alexander.  Co-starring Stormy Daniels!!

"PUMP HIM DRY"!!!

The 2018 sequel to "10 MINUTES AND SOME LUBE".  Rated XXX

Transform your sex life with advice from Lori Alexander straight from the pages of her poorly selling book, "I've Fucked Up so Badly...Advice from Christian Low Hanging Fruit".

Guaranteed to be a straight up winner!!!  Feel free to post your reviews all over the internet.  

4 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

That 'Lot's righteous soul' thing really pisses me off.  What kind of 'righteous' father would offer to hand over his virgin daughters, presumably quite young given the marriage customs of the day, to be gang-raped to protect two men he had just met?  I just re-read the Biblical account to refresh my memory, and I see no indication that Lot knew at the time that they were angels, but even if he did know...WTF?  Why didn't he offer himself, rather than his daughters?  Wouldn't it have been more righteous to protect his children, who were depending on him?  

They like to use this story to say sodom and gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality. The Bible never specifically says that. It just says it was a whicked place. Lots daughters were strange ones. They took turns raping their dad, after they left, because they wanted to get pregnant. 

I greatly disliked the old paths posts and actually wrote a point by point reply. But what I got out of my writing is, they look at the olden days with rose-colored glasses. Scripture tells us to look forward so we can forge a new path. But they look backward and sew discord in the present. They forget the segregation and gay men people killed. Young girls were married off from secret pregnancies. Heck, I just saw a news post were a woman was raped at like 9, had a baby at 10, and was forced to marry her rapist at 11. She finally left the sick bastard after several more children. She looks to be in her 40/50s now, I didn't look too far into the story. Yep, the good ole' days were little girls and boys couldn't drink at certain water fountains because of the color of their skin and sermons were used to encourage this behavior. Let's not forget that prisoners were infected with STDs as a form of experiment or people were sterilized against their will. And Japanese concentration camps! Those must have been fun for the Japanese, right (sarc). But hey people were polite and could hide their liquor! 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived