IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

Derick may use words like volunteer/helping but that is a stretch from the truth. He was working for his wife's family business. Everything those kids do/did is for that one goal and JB orchestrated it all, including doling out compensation as he saw fit. Derick's beef is really with his father-in-law but he isn't coming straight out and saying it - instead he is using TLC as a straw man. I also believe that JB was selling the idea to everyone that not only were they helping their family, but that they were building a "ministry" to get the word of Christ out to the masses through their show. It was a convenient way to insure compliance from various family members not directly under JBs headship umbrella. I think things got complicated as soon as the kids (especially the girls) started marrying and now we are seeing the fallout. Make no mistake - this is a JB/Derick clash being sold as a TLC problem. If Derick really believes that TLC is the main culprit then he is an idiot of the highest order.

Also, so Derick thinks that he wasn't exploiting his kids by having them on TV because the money derived therein was lining someone else's pockets, not his own. Kids on TV to their detriment is okay if SOMEONE else is making the money. To me this seems even worse (much more stupid) especially if you are claiming TLC made the money.  Why would you allow TLC to exploit your children for TLC's own benefit? This is a level of idiocy that makes my head spin.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

@MathQueen, I think you are on to something.  I would imagine that with Jeremy being a preacher who posts videos of his sermons, it would be important for him to control his own media presence.  And since he would have been at least INTRODUCED to media management/cultivating a public image in his soccer days likely has his own familiarity with the way things work, I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL if he refused to jump on to Conductor Jim-Bob's Gravy Train.  

Jeremy also came around post-Joshgate, so it was likely in the back of his mind that this show had the potential to cause him some NEGATIVE publicity that might hurt his actual job.  Therefore I would HOPE that he disentangled himself and his wife from the borg enough that they could easily walk away if filming turned sour.    This would include photo rights, because if a really big scandal hit, they wouldn't want their photos being used in articles to reinforce their connection to the family.  

Agree.  Plus it may explain some of the timelines between when the courtship actually started and when it was announced.  He was negotiating the money side of the deal.  As much as I hate his anti-catholic views, I can appreciate his business savvy.

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The duggars already tried that.  It was an online site that was frequented by FJers and pretty much no one else, makaiziville or something like that.

It was kind of awesome.

Makaziville: 

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/01/play-makaziville.html?m=1

ETA: The game is no longer there, but the Duggar blog linked gives a rough idea

19 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The duggars already tried that.  It was an online site that was frequented by FJers and pretty much no one else, makaiziville or something like that.

It was kind of awesome.

MAKAZIVILLE!!!!  I REMEMBER!!!!  IT WAS AMAZING!!

It was like Farmville, but with extra racist overtones, which is obviously what Farmville was lacking.  Also, they failed to put into place ANY kind of content control, so you could do fun things like name your character Tits2 McGee, FatJosh, UnpaidBabysitter, or Leeroy Jenkins! and plant your crops in the shape of a penis.  The screenshots we generated were incredible.  Just incredible.  

Some of my finest phallic art came from that game.  

I don’t have time for him to go off the rails this weekend! I’m a bridesmaid in my friend’s wedding, I’m going to be busy! Derick, can you save your meltdown for next weekend? Work is hectic right now too. Thanks in advance!

Quote box got messed up, but I think I love you Georgiana. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

*BEEP BEEP* Speculation Bus is pulling in to the station with this post! ALL ABOARD!!

1 hour ago, BemusedByFundamentalism said:

Now the only fear is what will come to me in my dreams tonight. You see, last night I dreamed about me sitting at the dinner table with JRod and some of her kids. I believe David was there too but I'm too afraid to go back to that dream to check. 
What will be waiting for me tonight? Making selfies with Derick while we are laying in bed? Send rescue ferrets!!!!:wtsf:

You haven’t lived until your dream about JRod is interrupted when you wake up to the sound of your own screams. 

Dreck writing a book. Be still, my heart. 

A "tell all book" from Derwank would be pointless because it would be full of lies and he'd make money off it.  His tweet reeks of a hissy fit though:

Forget it. Im not going to answer all your questions on Twitter. We should just write a book to set the record straight. The point is for ppl not to assume things, like compensation or what we did or didn’t have a choice in, so they don’t make careless judgements.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

A "tell all book" from Derwank would be pointless because it would be full of lies and he'd make money off it.  His tweet reeks of a hissy fit though:

Forget it. Im not going to answer all your questions on Twitter. We should just write a book to set the record straight. The point is for ppl not to assume things, like compensation or what we did or didn’t have a choice in, so they don’t make careless judgements.

(to the bold) So one would think Derrick should follow his own advice. Right? - Derrick assumes a lot about Catholics and people in Central America and Derrick makes careless judgments based on assumptions about Christians that don't follow the "right kind of Christianity?"

I really wish these dipshits would follow their own advice.

Gotta love that people assuming things is annoying but he’s purposely wording his answers so people keep asking him questions and giving him attention. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

He’s clearly upset by all of the negative feedback he received on his online begging attempts last year. Half of the people writing comments were saying things like “You get paid thousands to be on TV and you want hardworking people to give you money for your missioncation? Fuck that!” Now he’s trying to shift the blame to us by claiming that we’re just making ignorant assumptions! 

He has conveniently ignored all the ones telling him to get a real job, though. Interesting. 

Fuck you, Derick. You had a choice to join this family and put your life on TV. You had a choice. Your kids are the ones who didn’t get a choice. Pretty sure no one saw JB holding a gun to your head and forcing you to marry his daughter on national TV.

46 minutes ago, Ms. Squishels said:

One other thing about Jeremy that is very different from the other in-laws is his family.  They seem to have a lot more sense than most of the other in-law's families.  He may get good advice from his folks, and maybe even insight on dealing with the Duggars.  I sort of think the same about Austin's family.  I know they are very fundie, but they seem to believe in working hard at least.

I do not understand why JB and M did not impart that virtue on their children. It seems JB/M did work hard before they had kids and in the early years, but they certainly did not role model those skills to their kids.

"I'm SO MAD people are assuming I was working and making money and so now they won't give me money!"

Derick, that makes you look WORSE, not better.  You SHOULD have been making money, and if you weren't, then it was a REALLY DUMB DECISION to quit your day job.  Volunteering is great, but you need to be able to afford it.  It's not OK to quit your job to do whatever you  want, and then turn around and beg people for their money.

If you weren't getting paid, you never should have quit your paying job.

If you stopped getting paid or being able to afford to appear while unpaid, you should have gotten a NEW paying job.  

That's how this works.  "I CHOSE not to make money, so give me yours" is not a position that reflects well on you, buckaroo.  

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I do not understand why JB and M did not impart that virtue on their children. It seems JB/M did work hard before they had kids and in the early years, but they certainly did not role model those skills to their kids.

Because it’s much easier and more lucrative to keep popping out kids and exploiting them than it is to actually work.  

ETA: Although, If TLC offered me money to have more kids and let them film my life, I’d laugh in their faces.

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

"I'm SO MAD people are assuming I was working and making money and so now they won't give me money!"

Derick, that makes you look WORSE, not better.  You SHOULD have been making money, and if you weren't, then it was a REALLY DUMB DECISION to quit your day job.  Volunteering is great, but you need to be able to afford it.  It's not OK to quit your job to do whatever you  want, and then turn around and beg people for their money.

If you weren't getting paid, you never should have quit your paying job.

If you stopped getting paid or being able to afford to appear while unpaid, you should have gotten a NEW paying job.  

That's how this works.  "I CHOSE not to make money, so give me yours" is not a position that reflects well on you, buckaroo.  

I am really starting to think that DD might be lacking in the common sense and decision making departments. Who bonds himself for life to a young woman in the first week that he actually meets her?

Something is off with this dude's processing skills.

Compared to the other girls preachers for their weddings, I thought Jeremy's dad did a great job at their weddimg ceremony.  Again, don't dig their beliefs but, I will give credit where it is due.  Unless we were not shown the more typical weirdness seen at fundie weddings, theirs was as it should be if one goes the church wedding route.  I personally feel Jinger has it best, Joy second.  Just on the leave and cleve scale, they really do.  

14 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

(to the bold) So one would think Derrick should follow his own advice. Right? - Derrick assumes a lot about Catholics and people in Central America and Derrick makes careless judgments based on assumptions about Christians that don't follow the "right kind of Christianity?"

I really wish these dipshits would follow their own advice.

Now I want someone to tweet the Cathy meme at him and point this out.

3 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Because it’s much easier and more lucrative to keep popping out kids and exploiting them than it is to actually work.  

ETA: Although, If TLC offered me money to have more kids and let them film my life, I’d laugh in their faces.

BUT...how long can a show last? And if you have limited skills, you might not be too swift with money or investing either, so then what? Jesus, Jesus, Jesus???

I think the Dillards are getting it. Jesus did not prevent molestation, emergency surgery as opposed to a non-medicated home birth, getting let go from the CA gig, not raising money for the CC gig, getting let go from TLC, Nicu time for Sam, having large medical debt.

So Derick wouldn't go in debt to fix his car, but he didn't pay off his medical bill in the first month???? Tsk, tsk- liar.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

A LOT OF ASSUMPTIONS ARE BEING MADE HERE!!!

2018-03-09_11-57-44.jpg.71bde40573a980ab6560a86f2d13045a.jpg

I WONT BE SATISFIED UNTIL ALL THE ASSUMPTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE HERE!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DERICK, YOU WEE BAWBAG!

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

A LOT OF ASSUMPTIONS ARE BEING MADE HERE!!!

ELEVENTY!!!!!

ETA:  I'm loving it!  It came to us from DeWanker ( thanks Harley,  cracked me up when you used that!), we didn't go looking.   Actions have consequences and here we are.  We are even being pretty cool about it.   Plus, the Cathy meme being thrown about to and fro.  Ahhhhh, good times aplenty on FJ.  

Most sane prospective bridegrooms would run away screaming from the Duggars and their TV show. There's really only 3 reasons to put up with 50 page questionnaires for a girl you've scarcely even had a face-to-face conversation with.

1. You're immensely dumb and really believe the Duggars are only doing their show as a ministry

2. You're planning on exploiting the Duggars, and perhaps their daughter too
3. You want to rescue the Duggar daughter in a knight in shining armor sort of way.

I think Derick is making it clear which camp he fell into.

So The Bates official IG and Chad and Erin's IG unfollowed both Dillards, then Alyssa and Michael unfollowed dWRECK but kept Jill.

ETA: Ben unfollowed him too.

Who ever thought that the drama would come from Jill and her husband?! I hope he does publish a book, because I'd read the shit out of that. Not that I'd believe any of it, but it would still be interesting. 

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So The Bates official IG and Chad and Erin's IG unfollowed both Dillards, then Alyssa and Michael unfollowed dWRECK but kept Jill.

ETA: Ben unfollowed him too.

There is no emoticon for how I feel about that!  The chickens have come home to roost Bobby Boucher! ( Waterboy).  I can't say I love it for Jill, but, actions have consequences.  Period.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived