IGNORED

Dillards 52: Making Life Look Complicated

Jellybean

Carry on from here:

Last post by @AlwaysExcited:

32B1F25B-3518-4772-A44F-F8F9F26CE42C.thumb.jpeg.2852763de02967eaf74462a5276493c5.jpeg

Apart from considerations of Santa’s true nationality and whether Finland really exists (thanks @Rachel333), Derick has been shooting his mouth on Twitter. Apparently he has been ‘volunteering’ for TLC and even People magazine for years. What a guy.

Also, please bear this in mind when considering your responses:

5BB1C7F1-444A-4C15-B98E-E85FC101F690.jpeg.f9c42464089981296a70cdb936f503ea.jpeg

ETA: Credit to @marmaladefor the thread title and @HarleyQuinnfor the gorgeous meme

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally the real Santa story comes out.  I’ve been pondering it for years!   

About Derruck!  I thing there’s some truth there.  The boob probably has all the money in some sort of trust and then doles it out as he sees fit.  That makes total sense.  As far as money from People mag?  Who knows!

Derick really needs to do an interview because he clearly has so much to say but being too damn cryptic. 

8 minutes ago, justpassingby said:

Derick really needs to do an interview because he clearly has so much to say but being too damn cryptic. 

Burn it all down, Derrick!

Of all the people that we speculated could come up with the tell-all to take this cult down, I don't think that anybody until the last thread thought it would be Derrick.

Bravo, it's almost like performance art at this point.

In the last thread someone talked about another Duggar getting into a social media spat with dWRECK. Let it be Jeremy or Ben, nothing would make me laugh harder.

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

In the last thread someone talked about another Duggar getting into a social media spat with dWRECK. Let it be Jeremy or Ben, nothing would make me laugh harder.

If that happens, I'd prefer it to be Jeremy. He's probably more capable of tearing Derick down with (fundie) critical thinking and logic.

I’m pretty sure the money is being poured into a JB controlled account and the submissive J kids signed over their rights to daddy. They can try suing JB but they won’t win if they legally had put his name on anything.

Bottom line: JB is exploiting all of his naive adult kids for financial gain.

Also: This likely means Josh is still receiving money from it. The adult kids forgive him, remember? The adult kids signed over their rights and put JB’s name on everything.

A naive cousin of mine was swindled by doing the same and could NOT sue because he was an idiot that put the sibling’s name on everything!!!

I would bet all the money from 19K&C was funneled into a family account, especially prior to Jill & Jessa getting married.  The couples were given a nice wedding and a roof over their heads after they were married.  Boob paid for Jill & Jessa's weddings, it is obvious Jinger, Joy & Joe got very lucky when TLC paid for theirs instead of paying boob (which I'm sure pissed him off). The last 3 plus J&B all got fancy honeymoons as well.  I'm sure CO pays them nominally in weddings, honeymoons and expenses incurred during filming. They are maybe getting small stipends as well. I'm sure between J&B, J&J, J&A, J&K, Jana, JD, Si it isn't much for each of them, but its extra money they can use for what ever they want.

Anyone else beginning to think it's increasingly likely Derick will be the first to write a tell-all? Because I feel like he both wants to and doens't want to. 

The Duggars are kind of an interesting situation.  

It's pretty well established that at least legally, parents have a right to use some of a child's income to go towards the child's support and common bills.  And morally I'm kind of in the middle on that, but I don't particularly have an issue with someone saying "We make money as a family.  Family bills will be deducted off the top, and then the remainder put away for safe keeping."  As for the adults living at home, MOST people would consider it appropriate to charge them their upkeep since they have jobs.  I'm 100% ok with parents charging adult children room and board if they live at home.  

But the Duggars throw a wrench in that because neither the minor nor the adult children have a CHOICE.  In most cases, a person CHOOSES to work or live at home.  The Duggar kids don't have the ability to quit the show, and the adults living at home don't have the real ability to leave and rent somewhere else.  

So THAT'S where it crosses the line into exploitation for me.  I don't have an issue with group finances on its face, but I DO have an issue with JB and M BENEFITING from having their children work and live with them without any recourse for the kids.  

But I don't believe Derick for one minute.  If what he is saying is true, both he and Jill are the DUMBEST people I have ever heard of.  "Volunteer Reality Star" my ass.   I'm sorry, but to me, his story is not plausible without some degree of WILLFUL IGNORANCE because I refuse to believe any otherwise semi-functioning adult is THAT STUPID.  All natural assumptions and stereotypes go THE OTHER WAY.  And Derick with his accounting degree should have known something was up.  

So what are you, Derick?  World's Dumbest Man? Or a lying liar who lies?

Just now, anjulibai said:

Anyone else beginning to think it's increasingly likely Derick will be the first to write a tell-all? Because I feel like he both wants to and doens't want to. 

He wants the $$$ from it.  It's starting to seem like he's trying to justify doing it.  Like "Ok, yeah, I totally sold out my wife's family and probably really hurt my wife in doing so, but it was JUSTIFIED because look at all this shit they did!  They don't deserve your pity!"  But he better snap out of this I didn't know any better victim mentality before he writes it, or this will be the summary of his tell all:

2018-03-09_7-05-20.jpg.3cc057645b125e54a0c860859afe2838.jpg

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

SNIP

He wants the $$$ from it.  It's starting to seem like he's trying to justify doing it.  Like "Ok, yeah, I totally sold out my wife's family and probably really hurt my wife in doing so, but it was JUSTIFIED because look at all this shit they did!  They don't deserve your pity!"  But he better snap out of this I didn't know any better victim mentality before he writes it, or this will be the summary of his tell all:

While I will never underestimate Derick's neediness to be seen as a gatekeeper of Christianity (since his ego seems to need constant stroking), ultimately, financial gain is probably Derick's greatest motivation. I wouldn't necessarily think this way if it weren't for the missionary donation scam he did, and the fact that he has a bachelor's degree in accounting (he'd certainly have enough knowledge to know the difference between legitimate donations and swindling innocent folks out of their own money).

With a lot of Derick's Twitter comments, he tries to be cutesy or say half truths. I know it's been speculated that when he says that "he" didn't get paid, that might really mean that Jill got paid directly, but Derick did not. Whatever the case might be, I'm sure Derick is enjoying this little boost of attention he's currently receiving as a result of his cryptic responses. 

@Georgiana Yeah i’m not fine with parents charging their adult children for room and board when those children were brainwashed to never leave, and were never given the tools to get out and succeed in the world. And I’m really not ok with them profiting off of the exploitative child labor that their kids have been doing for years. Those kids should have had all of the money they made as reality stars in separate accounts waiting untouched for them to use as they please on their 18th birthday. Somehow I doubt that was the case. I think the people speculating a collective family trust are probably right. In which case it would be easier to manipulate the kidults into not taking their fair share out all at once.

But Derick likely can’t write a tell all, at least not for a while. There’s no way he wasn’t made to sign a Non-disclosure aggreement when he first appeared on the show. Who knows how long that will be in effect? That’s probably why he’s being so damn cryptic on Twitter. If he thinks he has money troubles now, I would love to see him violate an NDA and get sued!

I'm waiting for TLC to tweet some of the Dillards' pay stubs or something.

"Volunteer" reality stars?? Wtf.

I'm sure none of the televised fundies want people's attention on their paychecks or possible exploitation. Their gig only works if they can justify it as a ministry, and I believe at least some of them genuinely view it as one.

Yeah I’m really NOT ok after learning all this and I’m pissed that JB and Josh are profitting off of brainwashed adults via Counting On.

The brainwashed adults have all the money in one account with JB and Josh’s name on it. Likely, they’ve justified Daddy having this control since father knows best, is leader of the home, and we need to do our part to help Daddy’s ministry as submissive child helpmeets.

JB has total control, legally, this way to dole it all out as he chooses. I have firsthand experience with a dumb cousin getting screwed by his brother doing this.

Fuck you JB. Sorry, but I am mad at him. I have no tolerance for the financial exploitation of vulnerable people.

Derick, if you are reading this, my advice to you is to stop being an asshole and apologize to Jazz(use her pronouns correctly you jerk) and all others you’ve offended. JB is a financial tyrant and will get worse as he ages. Get Jill therapy and yourself help. Get her and the kids away from JB. Get out. Get the fuck out. Move to another state. Get an accounting job. You won’t be a rockstar Joel Osteen but it’s stable and good income. Let Jill get her associates, become a nursing assistant, and go to nursing school. If you loved her, you’d give her the gift of independence she’s never been allowed. Delete Twitter and live a quiet life.

If Derick does write a tell-all book, I would imagine Boob would somehow manage to quash it and prevent Derick from profiting from it.  I am sure that there is something in the fine print that he was made to sign as he married JillyMuffy that any attempt to write a tell-all book will result in a major lawsuit so therefore no profit will ever be realized.  There has to be some sort of gag order clause.  Boob is pretty shady and shrewd enough to know how to keep his kids quiet and meek and completely reliant on him for a living.

These kids are really screwed as a result.

23 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

@Georgiana Yeah i’m not fine with parents charging their adult children for room and board when those children were brainwashed to never leave, and were never given the tools to get out and succeed in the world. And I’m really not ok with them profiting off of the exploitative child labor that their kids have been doing for years. Those kids should have had all of the money they made as reality stars in separate accounts waiting untouched for them to use as they please on their 18th birthday. Somehow I doubt that was the case. I think the people speculating a collective family trust are probably right. In which case it would be easier to manipulate the kidults into not taking their fair share out all at once.

But Derick likely can’t write a tell all, at least not for a while. There’s no way he wasn’t made to sign a Non-disclosure aggreement when he first appeared on the show. Who knows how long that will be in effect? That’s probably why he’s being so damn cryptic on Twitter. If he thinks he has money troubles now, I would love to see him violate an NDA and get sued!

And are not given any real skills to go out and make money on their own. 

26 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I'm waiting for TLC to tweet some of the Dillards' pay stubs or something.

"Volunteer" reality stars?? Wtf.

I'm sure none of the televised fundies want people's attention on their paychecks or possible exploitation. Their gig only works if they can justify it as a ministry, and I believe at least some of them genuinely view it as one.

Funny, you say that.  Austin said "The show is to promote Jesus Christ and his goodness." on his instagram in response to someone.

How does JB expect his empire to last? He keeps his kids unprepared for the world, undereducated, brainwashed, and reliant upon him. What happens when his bajillion grandkids reach adulthood with zero education? What about their kids? What’s going to happen to all these kidults when JB dies? Does he not care since he won’t be around or does he think he’ll live forever?

I also wouldn’t assume anything based of TLC not responding and saying the Duggars do get paid. There would probably be some legal issues with that kind of disclosure. They also might have a policy not to directly respond to their “stars” (or balls of flatulence, as I said in a previous thread) having meltdowns, or think it’s not worth their time.

7 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

How does JB expect his empire to last? He keeps his kids unprepared for the world, undereducated, brainwashed, and reliant upon him. What happens when his bajillion grandkids reach adulthood with zero education? What about their kids? What’s going to happen to all these kidults when JB dies? Does he not care since he won’t be around or does he think he’ll live forever?

I also wouldn’t assume anything based of TLC not responding and saying the Duggars do get paid. There would probably be some legal issues with that kind of disclosure. They also might have a policy not to directly respond to their “stars” (or balls of flatulence, as I said in a previous thread) having meltdowns, or think it’s not worth their time.

the girls will be married off as soon as possible. Hopefully to someone who wants to go into the ministry. The boys will go  into the ministry. 

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That is why the Gothard doctrine is bound to fail.  He has these people brainwashed to believe their kids don't need to be educated - Jebus will take care of them!  Boob has managed to do much better than the vast majority of followers but that doesn't mean that his kids will as well as he has.  It looks as though he is doing everything he can to make sure they DON'T do better than he has.  This is a lifestyle that cannot sustain itself after more than one or two generations.  Sooner or later someone is going to have to admit they need to be educated in order to be able to provide for their own families.

Even a closed sect like The Amish have jobs--- men and women. And not being "ministers" but cabinet makers, bakers, farmers, horse training and selling, the list goes on..... they might have an 8th grade education but they have more skills than the Duggar kids do at this point. 

and many own their businesses. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived