IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 6: Now Officially Engaged!

laPapessaGiovanna

Mr. Wolf proposed one morning when we were in bed. Then we went out and chose rings. Maybe not that romantic, but it's worked for 42 years.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josiah has a flair for the dramatic. No idea if Lauren does. She would suit a Regency style dress and I could see Josiah embracing that idea. Many fundies idealize the Regency period for some reason. 

I'm just wondering if Joe will prank Siah. he would deserve it after the stunt he pulled at the Joken wedding. 

16 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

70232119-BC07-4107-BC9A-74AA9FA6C4B4.jpeg.a1ef7142ab58e62f688e97a58526f6b2.jpeg

source: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/duggar-family-photos-couples-babies-and-more/

I really like the setup and the fact that this was where Lauren’s parents got engaged. Wayyy better proposal than turn and Joe imo. Good job Josiah!

Wow, this actually looks like a really nice engagement. It doesn't look so staged and over the top, like DerJill (this was so fake lol), Benessa or Joken. This one and Austin and Joy's were actually pretty sweet

Also - short sleeves in the first days of March???? I think I'll consider moving to Arkansas for winter! I'm still rocking my warmest winter coat!

2 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Wow, this actually looks like a really nice engagement. It doesn't look so staged and over the top, like DerJill (this was so fake lol), Benessa or Joken. This one and Austin and Joy's were actually pretty sweet

Also - short sleeves in the first days of March???? I think I'll consider moving to Arkansas for winter! I'm still rocking my warmest winter coat!

isn't Lauren from Georgia? if this is where her parents were engaged I would think it was somewhere in Georgia. 

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

isn't Lauren from Georgia? if this is where her parents were engaged I would think it was somewhere in Georgia. 

You're right! In that case, I'm moving to Georgia!

13 minutes ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

You're right! In that case, I'm moving to Georgia!

The Duggars went down to Georgia. They was lookin' for their show to save
They was in a bind cause no one watched their show

They was willing to make a deal
When he came across this young woman who was single
And then Josiah proposed in front of a haystack "Lauren, will you marry me?"

MrSlyther also proposed to me while we were in bed. 

Because he had JUST moved to the States, his accent was still "new" to me. So the conversation went like this:

Him:  "Will you marry me?"

Me:  "Hunh?"

Him:  "Will you marry me?"

Me:  "Oh! OH! THAT'S what you said? YES!"

lol

Mr Xtian asked my kids what I'd do if he proposed. They told him I'd say yes...so he took them with him to pick out my ring. He and the kids went over to my mom's where I met them after I got off work (all nasty, sweaty and pizza doughy). He got down on one knee there in my mom's living room...and we got married less than 2 months later. Since then, he's upgraded my rings twice. I'm now sporting a 3/4 carat solitaire with a wrap...it's for our 20th. Seems that he upgrades my rings every 10 years, but he won't let me upgrade his wedding band. 

I just asked my grandma how my grandpa proposed to her, and she said she can't remember. But she said she remembers him coming to ask her father if he could marry her. She and her mother were in an adjoining room, standing on a chair and listening through a hole in the wall where the stove pipe used to be (apparently it had been taken out for cleaning).

I figured out that the Heathen Husband was going to propose in front of our families after my college graduation.  I am not down with public proposals so I told him without saying it that I couldn’t handle that.  He proposed in my college apartment kitchen instead.  It all worked out because my stepfather was being a gigantic douche because he didn’t want to be there and hated not having the attention on him.  Later, when my now husband upgraded my ring to something bigger, he wrapped it up as a birthday present and gave it to me in his parents kitchen.  Must be something about kitchens with us...

I was part of a scavenger hunt proposal once. I got so drunk during it that I had a blast. My friend at first thought she was just getting concert tickets she wanted. She and her now husband always do little games for each other. :pb_lol: I felt for Jessa during her proposal because she was clearly not having fun, but I thought that church at the end, and how genuine she and Ben were was beautiful.

One of my friends was proposed to as she left the bathroom in their home. She asked why he couldn't wait until she was at least in the living room. He said he wanted to surprise her. Which it did. It was then she realized his idea of a surprise and hers were completely different. She figured he'd use any of the millions of other proposal ideas flowers, dinner at home, going out to dinner, a park, one of the many great places around the city that would have been a great spot. He thought outside the bathroom. She now uses it to tease him.  "Thanks for waiting until after I went and not before." "I'm glad it wasn't in the bathroom." She also now tells him what she wants when she means a surprise or gives him a list to chose from.    

My brother was so nervous about proposing he decided to do it the very moment he got up the nerve. 6am on a Monday morning. He showed up at her parents house where she still lived. My sister-in-law who was in her pjs and barely awake when she answered the door. And it took a few minutes for the question to register because she really wasn't wake. Her first response was "what?" Once it did she said yes and cried. Because of the early hour and she was crying her mother thought she'd just been dumped. She was about ready to rip into my brother when my sister-in-law told her he just proposed and she said yes. Then he went to work and she went to classes, they went out to dinner that night. It wasn't what she expected but she loved it.          

8 hours ago, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

We hit 87* last week in San Antonio

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mr. Wolf proposed one morning when we were in bed. Then we went out and chose rings. Maybe not that romantic, but it's worked for 42 years.

I was in the bathroom getting ready for work and was incredibly sick as well.  TZdad came in and said "what do you want for Valentine's day?". Jokingly, I said, "A ring". He said, "Well, let's go get one".

And that was it.  We're now 10 years and three kids in so I'd say things have worked out so far. 

16 hours ago, feministxtian said:

. Since then, he's upgraded my rings twice. I'm now sporting a 3/4 carat solitaire with a wrap...it's for our 20th. Seems that he upgrades my rings every 10 years, but he won't let me upgrade his wedding band. 

My brother and SIL Get new rings every ten years. I loved my rings when I got them, but the engagement ring has changed into an engagement-anniversary ring, and I no longer need it to wrap over one of my two wedding rings.. but I still wear them both, along with a small five diamond ring Mr. Four got me to wear between them when I started wearing the engage-anni- ring on the right hand.. but I'd like to change my wedding set..Mr. four wears a matching wedding band to one of mine.. so I don't know if he'd change it or not..It's been 32  years!

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived