IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 6: Now Officially Engaged!

laPapessaGiovanna

13 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

I somehow feel really, really bad for her. And I feel like she is gonna end up getting hurt/heartbroken. Don't know why.

Maybe because she's literally a sheltered kid and sheltered kids shouldn't be getting married. 

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I have to say I'm not at all surprised by this coming out today (I figured there'd be a piece of Duggar news dropped today).

So now the question is - who's next for courting?  Who is left that's 18 or older?  Jana, John David... Jed and Jer... any others yet?  If the boys don't generally court until they are 21+, there might be a drought of Duggar weddings after this one for a bit.

Just now, Cheetah said:

Well, I have to say I'm not at all surprised by this coming out today (I figured there'd be a piece of Duggar news dropped today).

So now the question is - who's next for courting?  Who is left that's 18 or older?  Jana, John David... Jed and Jer... any others yet?  If the boys don't generally court until they are 21+, there might be a drought of Duggar weddings after this one for a bit.

Jana (28), John (28), Jed (19), Jer (19), and Jason will be 18 in April.

6 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

If the boys don't generally court until they are 21+, there might be a drought of Duggar weddings after this one for a bit.

Maybe that's why Jana and JD have been kept in reserve?

So come January 2019

we will be welcoming 

Ludvig Joanna Duggar 

great plan 

or they WILL ADOPT 

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Which means Jason will be married by November 

I need those congrats videos 

come on - before I go to zumba send me one 

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

And then someone else will be courting-> engaged -> getting married -> pregnant. 

It will be interesting to see if things slow down a bit, or if John David/ Jana will be encouraged to find someone. I wonder what their position would be on  Jed and Jeremiah as 19? year old grooms.We've seen that they have no problem with a teenage bride, including their daughter, or a teenage groom marrying in (Ben), but wonder if they'll encourage a teenage son who is not Josh to marry.

Great minds think alike. I see others were posting these same thoughts while I was fighting my phone to post.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think Smuggar was 20 when he got married.The twins are Jason are a bit young,even for them.Maybe we will be stunned with an announcement from Jana or JD.Maybe.

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2018/3/josiah-and-lauren-are-engaged

Here's the video. I'm sorry, I know people don't like to hear this, but Josiah reminds me so much of Josh. I just mean in terms of personality and mannerisms, not anything else. It's just really striking to me. As for Lauren, there's not much that can be gleaned about her from this, but I like her accent a lot. 

They still haven't given the actual date that they got engaged.

All the fan favorites other than Jana/JD have been married off anyway.  I think any excitement for Josiah would be centered around his previous failed courtship - can he seal the deal this time??!?!?!

I'll admit I've never really watched the show other than the occasional youtube clips or if it comes on in the waiting room at a doctor's office but I don't have the impression from FJ that I missed the twins or Jason being a major draw.

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Just the two sets of twins left. Kind of interesting. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2018/3/josiah-and-lauren-are-engaged

Here's the video. I'm sorry, I know people don't like to hear this, but Josiah reminds me so much of Josh. I just mean in terms of personality and mannerisms, not anything else. It's just really striking to me. As for Lauren, there's not much that can be gleaned about her from this, but I like her accent a lot. 

They still haven't given the actual date that they got engaged.

I agree with you. That's probably why I see Josiah going into politics. Josh failed miserably so Si is next in line. And now he will have a gorgeous wife by his side. 

Not surprised. Just thought they'd wait at least one more month. Looking at the calendar, I'm guessing their wedding will be June 8. Unlike baby arrivals, I like guessing wedding dates because they're more predictable. I started guessing  with Jinger and I've only been wrong once (I've had Jinger getting married October 29). Hopefully I'm right again :D

Just like Kendra, she'll get married about 3 weeks after her 19th birthday (I'm assuming it's mid-May, though only the fact that her b-day is in May has been confirmed). Pregnancy announcement in late September and SiRen1 will be here mid-March (so a year from now).

I'm thinking the Bates and Duggars at least want to make sure the bride has turned 19 before getting married. That seems to be their cutoff so far.

What's next? I'm thinking a Jana or JD courtship announcement. In terms of pregnancies, obviously Jessa.

21 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think it was @SapphireSlytherinwho suggested SiRen. I find that one pretty funny, so that’s the one I’m going with personally. :pb_lol:

Yep, 'twas me. :)  

Every video starts out with "we are so excited" . Courtship, engagement, marriage, babies, etc. There are other adjectives, Duggars.

I like the name SiRen. I don't like yet another fecund Duggar wife. They're just trying to stay relevant, but they're failing with me.

Too many babies marrying babies, having babies, and not educating babies!

That was fast. Congrats to Josiah and Lauren!

I expect to see their courtship/engagement/wedding on Counting On by the year 2020, when they are probably parents already. 

Her accent in that video somehow reminds me of mid-20th century accents. Almost Marilyn Monroe/Jacky-ish. (Sorry English is not my first language and I find it difficult to describe what I mean :my_biggrin:)

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Jana.

I'm starting to think Jana has the right idea. These brides are getting younger and younger. Smart Jana, Poor Lauren.

1 minute ago, SPHASH said:

Poor Jana.

Because she doesn't get to be a teen bride/mother? : )

My guess is married by June, pregnant by August, baby by May/June 2019. 

1 minute ago, Jeanny_525 said:

I expect to see their courtship/engagement/wedding on Counting On by the year 2020, when they are probably parents already. 

That’s if they are even still on the air by then...lol.

As for the engagement, I’m not surprised at all. The Duggar courtship/engagement/wedding/baby cycle is mostly “Lather, rinse, repeat”.

I wonder if SiRen might get married on Joystin’s anniversary...

4 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

Her accent in that video somehow reminds me of mid-20th century accents. Almost Marilyn Monroe/Jacky-ish. (Sorry English is not my first language and I find it difficult to describe what I mean :my_biggrin:)

Her speech sounds "breathy" to me - and her accent is really more Appalachian than Southern, at least to my ear.

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Because she doesn't get to be a teen bride/mother? : )

Cuz she is still at home raising children that aren't hers.  Fuck you Mullet and Boob.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived