IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 6: Now Officially Engaged!

laPapessaGiovanna

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@VelociRapture I'm also guessing they had a longer than average 'getting to know you' phase. Partly because it was long distance, but mostly because of how young she is. I would bet that Josiah's return to social media last summer coincided with their 'getting to know you' phase entering a more serious stage. All speculation on my part, though.

A step down because they didn't get a People cover? 

Well. She looks happy anyway . . . 

Whoa. That was fast! So, late May/early June wedding and a pregnancy announcement by September? Those teenage brides are starting to be a tradition in the Duggar household. I feel like Jill, Jessa and Jinger got pretty lucky.

Food for thought, but do you think they'll make this an extra short engagement because of the Marjorie SCANDAL? 

I'm hoping hoping hoping that Josiah still has a spark and ALERT didn't crush it out of him, and that this courtship and engagement is rushed because of desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled...but after the wedding headship Josiah says "no I don't want a million kids. How about 8? Let's have a honeymoon baby and then NFP." And the sad thing is...that's the DREAM scenario. Don't actually think it will happen. 

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Food for thought, but do you think they'll make this an extra short engagement because of the Marjorie SCANDAL? 

I think they were already serious when they announced the courtship because of the Marj scandal. 

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I'm predicting a May wedding. Given their (especially her) age and the limited time they've been together, the rational thing would be to have a longer engagement, and since it's the Duggars, they're going to do whatever's the opposite of rational, so. May wedding. That would be on the same timeline as his other siblings, a little less than three months. I'll guess May 25th, since they seem to like getting married on Fridays.

I feel like Josiah and Lauren could start into the perfect conservative political family role in the few years after marriage. 

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they were already serious when they announced the courtship because of the Marj scandal. 

According to them, they only started courting in early January. But I think they were serious in the 'getting to know you' phase for a while before that. I mean... I sure as hell hope they were, anyway.

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I still think they got engaged in Australia.

According to the article they got engaged in the same spot her parents did. Doesn't seem like something they'd lie about.

Alyssa Bates had a long getting to know you phase and a short courtship. Probably because she was young like Lauren. I think that probably happened here too. Courtship was just a quick pre-engagement for these two. They could have skipped it completely.

3 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I don’t think so. If my information on her birthdate is correct, then I would guess they’ll marry after she turns 19 on May 18 - putting them in late May at the very earliest. That’s around the same length of time that JoStin had. I’d bet they’ll be married before the end of August at the absolute latest.

Engagement lengths:

Smuggars - just over 3 months

Dills - about 3 months

Benessa - just under 3 months

JinJer - a bit over 3 months

JoKen - just over 3 months

JoStin - just under 3 months

So counting three months from now gives us June 5. I’d bet they’ll marry sometime between May 25th and June 16th.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

According to them, they only started courting in early January. But I think they were serious in the 'getting to know you' phase for a while before that. I mean... I sure as hell hope they were, anyway.

According to the article they got engaged in the same spot her parents did. Doesn't seem like something they'd lie about.

Ah, I didn't read that because, well, I don't care.  :lol:  Hold is this gal? Is she older/younger than Kendra?

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Ah, I didn't read that because, well, I don't care.  :lol:  Hold is this gal? Is she older/younger than Kendra?

I feel you. :pb_lol: Lauren is all of 18. She was born in 1999!!!!

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Younger. She's currently 18 and Kendra is 19. 

Wow, already. It's so strange she's so young! I'm sure they'll be married before June. 

However, what does Josiah do? Work for JB? Where are they going to live after they get married? Build a house next to Joe and Kendra?

I somehow feel really, really bad for her. And I feel like she is gonna end up getting hurt/heartbroken. Don't know why.

Can their official nickname be JoLene?  I know it doesn't really work, but I love that song!

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Can their official nickname be JoLene?  I know it doesn't really work, but I love that song!

I prefer SiRen.

Just now, nst said:

How old are these people? 

OMG 

June wedding July pregnancy new kid arrives january 2019 

sounds fun 

Lauren turns 19 this year and Josiah will be 22 in August. 

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I think it was @SapphireSlytherinwho suggested SiRen. I find that one pretty funny, so that’s the one I’m going with personally. :pb_lol:

Wow, I'm shocked. Who knew that a quick courtship would be followed by a quick engagement? We will have a quick wedding, and then quickly pregnant. And then someone else will be courting-> engaged -> getting married -> pregnant. 

*Sings The Circle of Life at the top of my lungs* 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived