IGNORED

Maxwell 19: Life is Still Boring

Coconut Flan

27 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Up next, Sarah will write a post about Nathan having a question regarding where to find more conservatively dressed female lego figurines. 

Maybe they will write to John Shrader about finding modestly dressed Disney princess figurines...

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I am so tempted to write a "Maxwell Tips" parody blog where I write long, flowery blog posts about great ways to do really obvious things. Practical Ideas to Avoid Touching Things That Are Hot! 

Start with how to use a pizza cutter on lettuce. 

6 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Maybe they will write to John Shrader about finding modestly dressed Disney princess figurines...

I don't think Stevehovah would correspond with Prince John.  John might would attempt to grift off Steve and a quick look at John's social media shows how lazy he is (and the Maxwell's do not appear to be lazy).  Dammit, I said something borderline complimentary of Steve, I'll see myself off to the prayer closet.

Just now, FloraKitty35 said:

I don't think Stevehovah would correspond with Prince John.  John might would attempt to grift off Steve and a quick look at John's social media shows how lazy he is (and the Maxwell's do not appear to be lazy).  Dammit, I said something borderline complimentary of Steve, I'll see myself off to the prayer closet.

C'mon down, there's wine, good conversation, and lots of giggles.

8 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

Start with how to use a pizza cutter on lettuce. 

Rrrright---like which end of the cutter to grasp.  Next!!

And so Mollie Moody was eager to prepare seven layer salad for her siblings. Max said, “we must hasten forthwith to the kitchen and break the lettuce into small pieces!  Do not delay!” 

Mollie was glad that she had the good sense last evening to place the pizza cutter in a kitchen drawer near the counter where she normally prepares meals. “Max,” she declared, “we should tell the good people at church of this astounding convenience by which we have stored the pizza cutter in a place located near to where we will commonly use it.  It is by the grace of Rufus that we do not store it in the linen closet.”

and with that, Max passed the mayonnaise and sour cream.  

Michael Pearl probably beat his kids with a stick and then let them play with it as a reward. 

I thought Sarah should have posted the ages of the little girls since she was showing what they like to play with. Also, was it Sarah or Teri writing this post? Do homeschool moms ask Sarah for help? Oh who cares. 

Sarah's obvious advice about occupying kids with toys reminded me of a post from a few years ago about NR Anna scheduling in a 15 minute session for Joshua to play with puzzles. Because apparently that was the only time during they day he would be allowed to play with those puzzles. It was said then, this advice just makes me think that's all the sadder. 

My boys love  making toothpick & marshmallow sculptures.  I'd open up a bag of large marshmallows, a bag of tiny ones, and a box of the round wood toothpick, colored ones if you can find them.    For the macaroni tub, I'd put down a flat sheet on the floor and let them play on that, then you could just grab the 4 corners when done, and dump them back in the tote.    Rice and matchbox size cars are something you could do sitting at a table,  and use a large rectangular cake pan or cookie sheet.  

20 hours ago, socalrules said:

Sarah really think this is brilliant advice? Are people really blown away by the idea of giving a kid toys to keep them busy? Does she realize some kids can occupy themselves for hours with toys they just decided to play with or sometimes by using their imagination? It makes me wonder how the little Maxwells spend their time. I get that they love schedules but how to they schedule little kids? How do you fill the time of a little kid if they aren’t in school? When I was a kid, if I was just staying home all day, I would pretty much decide what I was going to play with, when I was going to play with it or color or ready a book. So many options because I was just hanging around the house. I guess it never occurred to Sarah that lots of kids play normally without everything being scheduled to the minute. 

Maybe Sarah didn't get to play with toys much when she was little? Or maybe she did, but her younger siblings didn't? The Moody children don't actually get to play much. Sarah doesn't mention much about toys in the books. The Moody children are too busy doing housework, yardwork, helping neighbors, and reading the Bible.

To be fair to Sarah, though, I've heard that keeping the littles busy while Mom homeschools the older kids is a common problem. I imagine it would be hardest when the "older" kids are only in kindergarten or first grade and can't do much schoolwork independently.

Because I am a loser, I follow Joseph Maxwell on twitter. He posted about being at the first meeting of the magento meetup, anyone know what that is about? I googled and it was some type of business or Computer thing. I looked at who Joseph is following on twitter and a lot of them are magento related. Could he have some typ of real job with them? He also follows Sean Hannity but I am going to pretend I didn’t see that.  I am just surprised he is going to something that doesn’t involved other Maxwells and where he doesn’t know the people who are going to show up. 

I am aware I officially need to get a life. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Because I am a loser, I follow Joseph Maxwell on twitter. He posted about being at the first meeting of the magento meetup, anyone know what that is about? I googled and it was some type of business or Computer thing. I looked at who Joseph is following on twitter and a lot of them are magento related. Could he have some typ of real job with them? He also follows Sean Hannity but I am going to pretend I didn’t see that.  I am just surprised he is going to something that doesn’t involved other Maxwells and where he doesn’t know the people who are going to show up. 

Re: Sean Hannity. Does this mean Joseph has been watching TELEVISION?????

After reading their blog for years and having mutual friends AND seeing things that people dig up on them here, it’s my opinion that the Maxwells don’t exert nearly the amount of control over the adult children that we think they do. I just can’t entirely figure out why they present themselves so oddly on their blog. Sigh. 

Poor Sarah is shilling her Newberry medal masterpieces the Moody series again.

Sarah, this is twice in about a week that you've used the phrase "reading book."  you do not need to use the word "reading" as an adjective to describe a book.  the majority of books in existence have text and are meant to be read, so it's assumed that books are for reading.  yes, i know there are picture books and coloring books and that some people use books to prop up old furniture, but anyone over age 6 probably assumes that books are for reading.  it's like saying "drinking glass" on a frequent basis; sure, there are multiple types of glasses, but the context of the sentence will identify to what type of glass you are referring.  my dear Sarah, we know you've read the Bible (probably more than once), so do me a big favor and go to Amazon--you know, that place where you sell your writing--and *buy* about 10 books.  choose different subjects, fiction and non-fiction.  then *read* them; read them twice.  study them.  learn from them.  then go to your local library and get some more.  trust me; you'll be glad you did.

1 hour ago, jegfile said:

The kids in the testimonials sound so real.

their speech patters sounds almost as real as the Moody's

16 hours ago, socalrules said:

Magenta is an e-commerce platform that’s integrated into websites. Joseph has attended a few conventions and the like, including one where he was a speaker, and he’s been exposed to a wide range of people where his brand of “do you know where you’ll go when you die” schtick isn’t tolerated. 

Ohhhhh, God. Those moms’ comments about their kids are so freaking sad. A little girl going around the playground “witnessing” to people about the Good Person Test? A seven-year-old who’s been an avid reader since age 3.5 being limited to the Moody books because better ones are “not for him”=too sinful?

I could cry. 

New blog post. It's ad ad for the Moody books (again. wonder how much stock they have to sell?)

It's written by Sarah, and she talks about how "As you moms pour yourselves into your children and do the daily tasks—wiping the runny noses, reworking yet another math problem, looking into the eyes of a child who just disobeyed" Because of course everything has to be about how sinful and evil kids are (and the Moody books - and Jesus of course - can solve that issue!) And, despite not being a mother, she knows a lot about raising kids since she had to do the job of Terri!

On 3/7/2018 at 8:26 AM, AllisonWndrland said:

Oh, Maxwells. Today's post is GOLD. I would never have thought to give toys to children. NEVER. I mean, what? Who thinks about toys when it comes to keeping children occupied? 

But not just any toy for any child. Boys need toys that teach creativity and construction skills. Girls need toys that teach sewing and following instructions.

image.png.39deb6e81afb7f60511e7f8413086adc.png

Comic Sanssssssss.... stab me in the eye, please

And this gem from our author: "Check out the Moody Family Series. 10 titles plus 2 Christmas stories that will inspire your children to be more like Jesus and share Him with others.  Remember, you receive free shipping at $35 from Titus2. It’s our way to bless you!"

Sarah, is it free?  Or is it $35? Oh wait, you mean, if people spend $35 at your website, they get free shipping?  Why didn't you use your author words* to say so?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived