IGNORED

Maxwell 19: Life is Still Boring

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I think Chris and Anna DO do their own thing when it comes to clothing. They’re the only ones who dress “differently”. I mean, even Steve wears jeans. 

You must dress in a mature, God-honoring manner. Different is good. It's not modest in the true sense because being different causes people to stare at you, but.....  If the husband approves then what they wear is ok, unless you are a Maxwell, in which case the husband's father must approve.  Technically Iirc  you ARE still under your father's authority when married. Now just want you do about if you are first generation Gothard and a have sinful, worldly father/fil,  I have no clue.....

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SamuraiKatz said:
10 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:
I think Chris and Anna DO do their own thing when it comes to clothing. They’re the only ones who dress “differently”. I mean, even Steve wears jeans. 

Chris continues to dress like he did when they werecrolling around the lower 48 in Uraiah. Security blanket or rote habit?

Habit. Or style. Anna seems pretty happy in frumpers; she’s always worn them. And I assume she likes the way she dresses her children. We all know people who’ve been dressing in essentially the same way their whole adult lives. 

I don't know why Chris is so uptight. He needs to loosen up.

Nope. No idea what Steve is going on about in his most recent article.

Well, I'very said it before and I'll it again.  Steve: do yourself and Teri a favor. Read the paper once in a while. Look at a good magazine like the Atlantic, or the New Yorker. I promise you that you won't go to Hell for it nor will your eyes bleed and fall out.

While you're at it, why don't you two at least finish the Left Behind series that you were reading but felt convicted to stop because you were enjoying it too much, if memory serves me correctly though I don't remember the specific post.

I'very got my snark hat on today but hey, they promote themselves as a ministry to instruct the world.  And keeping Mary in their school so Teri could claim 30 years of homeschooling.  I'm ringing my shame bell (from GOT).   :)

1 hour ago, SamuraiKatz said:
12 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I don't know why Chris is so uptight. He needs to loosen up.

Never gonna happen. He was born a middle-aged man.

Never gonna happen. He was born a middle-aged man.
[emoji3] There is always hope but I do think you are spot on.

okay a few things. 

1. I am totally screwed on the father thing. I love my father but I have a lot of trouble respecting him. Guess I will forever be single. oh my :shocked:,

2. they don't want a girl who is desperately waiting for her life to start when she gets married. um fundie girls are taught that marriage and babies are their be all so of course it's like their life doesn't start until then. 

3.  is there such thing as normal in Maxhell 

“There is a fine line between being a flirt and not talking with anyone. I knew that I would never consider asking one of the flirts. But the girls that knew how to interact normally… I would always enjoy spending time with them.” -John

41 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

okay a few things. 

1. I am totally screwed on the father thing. I love my father but I have a lot of trouble respecting him. Guess I will forever be single. oh my :shocked:,

2. they don't want a girl who is desperately waiting for her life to start when she gets married. um fundie girls are taught that marriage and babies are their be all so of course it's like their life doesn't start until then. 

3.  is there such thing as normal in Maxhell 

“There is a fine line between being a flirt and not talking with anyone. I knew that I would never consider asking one of the flirts. But the girls that knew how to interact normally… I would always enjoy spending time with them.” -John

The posts about Allison's blog post are getting moved to the Bontrager section.  Which thread do we post in if we are using the Bontragers as an example when discussing the Maxwells? 

6 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

The posts about Allison's blog post are getting moved to the Bontrager section.  Which thread do we post in if we are using the Bontragers as an example when discussing the Maxwells? 

all this intermarriage is messing with the threads. LOL John was interviewed for Allison's blog so I don't see why it would be off limits on the Maxwell thread. 

On 3/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, sparkles said:

Here’s what the HSLDA says (note the typo :my_biggrin:): 

Does My Child Need a GED?

In most cases, no. Homeschool students who have successfully completed their home education curriculum do not need a GED. General Eduacational Development (GEDs) still carry the stigma associated with high school drop-outs, which both undermines the equivalency of a homeschool diploma and can cause confusion regarding whether the student actually completed high school. If a college, employer, or military recruitment officer tells your child that he or she needs a GED, please contact HSLDA.

No, seriously!  Please tell me that we are not quoting HSLDA (spelling mistakes and all) to prove that IRL people do not need GEDs!

HSLDA:  If you homeschool CPS will automatically remove your kids!  Just like that!  Pull down the shades because your neighbors are spying on you.  Bar the door, get the guns out, piss everyone off.  Oh and contact us pronto - because we need the publicity.  Oh and send cash!

Reality:  If you are providing minimal education within the laws of your state and not actively neglecting and abusing your children CPS doesn't care.  They have to make a home visit if a report comes in.  They might make a few suggestions but they are far too busy with life threatening situations to bother decent homeschoolers. Oh, and foster care is over-whelmed.  They are not going to take your kids unless you are seriously abusive. 

HSLDA:  Oh, by the way.  If you are actively abusing your children as well as neglecting their education, please don't bother to call us.  We run like proverbial bunnies.  Turpins and Nauglers need not apply.

Reality:  'Tis true.  HSLDA makes a lot of noise and has championed homeschooling rights in the past.  These days they point to their successes and neglect to mention their failures.  They don't touch anything really controversial.

HSLDA:  Contact us if anyone challenges your home-made diploma!  We will fight!  Oh goody, publicity.  We haven't had much recently.

Reality:  Which is easier - getting that damn GED or spending a year in an accredited school to get an acceptable high school diploma, or becoming an example in a HSLDA court case.   Which may take years.  Just saying.

42 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

all this intermarriage is messing with the threads. LOL John was interviewed for Allison's blog so I don't see why it would be off limits on the Maxwell thread. 

Something is up.  I can't help but wonder if Allison wrote that blog post because of the Maxwell sisters.  And what I said on fj about passing over the Maxwell girls if I was a Christian man, was just like #2 on Allison's list. 

If you're quoting Allison in relation to the Maxwells, you need to mention the Maxwells in the post and how it relates to the Maxwells not just be a discussion of what Allison posted on the blog. 

5 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Something is up.  I can't help but wonder if Allison wrote that blog post because of the Maxwell sisters.  And what I said on fj about passing over the Maxwell girls if I was a Christian man, was just like #2 on Allison's list. 

I had the exact same feeling. This post isn't a coincidence and it isn't the first time that she is throwing some shade at the Maxwell girls. Prior to Chelsy and John's wedding she had a post in which she rejected the classic SAHD model. 

I think the Bontrager's really love to have John as a son-in-law, but the rest of the Maxwell clan? Probably not so much.

Fundie bitch fight. Please Rufus, let this happen!!

25 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I had the exact same feeling. This post isn't a coincidence and it isn't the first time that she is throwing some shade at the Maxwell girls. Prior to Chelsy and John's wedding she had a post in which she rejected the classic SAHD model. 

I think the Bontrager's really love to have John as a son-in-law, but the rest of the Maxwell clan? Probably not so much.

Fundie bitch fight. Please Rufus, let this happen!!

What I wouldn't give for a Bontrager/Maxwell blood feud. 

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

What I wouldn't give for a Bontrager/Maxwell blood feud. 

Same here. Hatfield/McCoy feud in a digital/fundie version. It would be amazing.

And I bet in a few days there will be a post on tits2 about how close the two families are. Hey Steve!! Admit that you hate the fact that your son married a girl from a popular fundie family that likes to have f*n! 

10 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Same here. Hatfield/McCoy feud in a digital/fundie version. It would be amazing.

And I bet in a few days there will be a post on tits2 about how close the two families are. Hey Steve!! Admit that you hate the fact that your son married a girl from a popular fundie family that likes to have f*n! 

Or West Side Story. 

When you're a Max, you're a Max all the way

From your first bean burrito to your last dying day

Just now, nastyhobbitses said:

Or West Side Story. 

When you're a Max, you're a Max all the way

From your first bean burrito to your last dying day

The possibilities are endless. But FJ would probably have a breakdown. :D

New post up. 2nd annual Grandma picnic at an evil public park and not Auntie's park.

Special post up.  Grandma included the younger Maxwell girls.  Unsure if this is because she needed the help, or felt they’d never be grandmas themselves. 

32 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Special post up.  Grandma included the younger Maxwell girls.  Unsure if this is because she needed the help, or felt they’d never be grandmas themselves. 

Possibly a little bit of both. Also I think the kids adore their aunts and the feeling among the aunt's  is mutual. 

Sarah should explain who Buddy is. Also, the way to do something is to plan for it and then do it. Gotcha. Oh geez these Maxwells... 

5 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Also, the way to do something is to plan for it and then do it. 

Seriously, how do they think the rest of us function?  Are we a bunch of zombies stumbling around blindly and doing things by chance?

On 3/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, Palimpsest said:

Unaccredited homeschool graduates should try to get that damn GED if they can!

Or just go on to college. We didn't even bother with the diploma. We documented their work and had them take the ACT and sent them to the next level. No GED needed.

52 minutes ago, catlady said:

Seriously, how do they think the rest of us function?  Are we a bunch of zombies stumbling around blindly and doing things by chance?

Or worse yet, deciding on a whim to do something because the weather is nice, or we’ve having a tough week, or, God forbid, because it sounds like f*n. The blasphemy. :pearlclutching:

In all seriousness, it makes me sad that the Maxwells don’t appear to experience something like having a bad day at work and going out to have a margarita afterwards. Or getting a paper or test back and celebrating a good score by going to Chili’s. Such simple things that I take for granted. 

Omg they brought those fucking bibs to the picnic. Ok I admit they are my BEC. It's only Chrisanna's kids wearing them. It cements my thoughts of that family being oddly clean. 

Also why is it called Spring Grandma's Picnic? It sounds better as Grandma's Spring Picnic. Why are they so awkward?!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived