IGNORED

Joy & Austin 21: Still Talking About Baby Gideon

Jellybean

13 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I'm not sold on this being new footage. I actually think this is old footage because Elijah came on the scene a few years ago per his Instagram (although he is on an Insta break, so no new pictures for a while). I'm not sure if he has been discussed elsewhere. 

He was spotted in the josh birthday Video Anna made and I Guess he was in the recent BUB episode so he seems to be floating between the duggar's/Bates

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

So, to clarify some of the issues we're discussing I decided to take a bunch of screencaps from the episode (specifically Joy & Austin's Baby Part 2: https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/full-episodes/joy-austins-baby-part-2)

First, here's a pic of the people who were specifically seen as attending Joy at home. From left to right that's Jill, Austin's sister, Johanna, Austin's mom, and Austin.We also know that Jana and Michelle were there, but they're not seen in this image.

Reveal hidden contents

5aa9df6c63277_PeoplewithJoy.thumb.PNG.0167e3838733c27bfb410339f81ef73b.PNG

Per the footage we can certainly infer that Jill was the one supposedly monitoring Joy, since she's on record as saying "Baby's heart rate is good, and your vitals are good...don't be discouraged. It's actually really encouraging." This statement is captioned on the screen.

Reveal hidden contents

5aa9df7b85fad_JillwithText.thumb.PNG.4ff36916225a9e026ced5830c4cd8028.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

5aa9df73d981a_JillwithText2.thumb.PNG.5cb24466f1607ce66cb1aeee93a0d366.PNG

This is followed by two text cards on screen at different intervals indicating that "After 20 hours in labor, the midwife determines the baby is breech." Then shortly after, text says "Once Joy arrives at the hospital it is determined that she needs an emergency C-Section." Per the official on-screen timeline, Jim Bob is notified that Joy's currently being transferred some time after 2:15, and Gideon is born at 3:39. So assuming TLC isn't fudging the timeline too badly, there's not much time between those points, which fits the definition of an "emergency c-section" listed above.

Reveal hidden contents

Midwife Text.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

C-Section Text.PNG

Interestingly, since I could swear Ellie said Jill made the call, it appears she may have changed the blog post per the comments on the post about Jill being the midwife. (http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2018/03/joys-c-section-delivery.html) The post now describes what's actually seen on the screen.

(Did anyone screencap the post when it first went up? I can't find a version of what I'm sure it originally said, so if anyone did we could see if there was indeed a change.)

Reveal hidden contents

5aa9e290b49ed_DFBonJoysBirth.PNG.7a9ee8d0a65ed6f541be6cfcb32f9c4c.PNG

Ellie got a lot of blowback about there being no midwife, according to her (original?) narrative. I sent a post (that I'm sure she didn't publish) about Jill not being licensed to practice in AR. 

I haven't looked at the post in a few hours, but when I read it earlier this evening, it definitely said that JILL made the decision to transfer. 

10 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Ellie got a lot of blowback about there being no midwife, according to her (original?) narrative. I sent a post (that I'm sure she didn't publish) about Jill not being licensed to practice in AR. 

I haven't looked at the post in a few hours, but when I read it earlier this evening, it definitely said that JILL made the decision to transfer. 

yep it sure did say Jill made the decision to transer they seemingly cut that all out and just went to Jim Bob found out Joy was being transfer. guess Ellie realized her giant opps wonder if she got a strongly worded email from the Duggar's or TLC:laughing-lettersrofl:

I'm fiercely against home births, but has anyone been to a licensed birthing centre?  It would appear to be an OK compromise .  Are they able to deal with emergencies ?  Is there a Dr close by?  Just wondering.

Just now, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I'm fiercely against home births, but has anyone been to a licensed birthing centre?  It would appear to be an OK compromise .  Are they able to deal with emergencies ?  Is there a Dr close by?  Just wondering.

Alyssa Webster seems to use a birthing center when she gives births.  I actually wonder if Kelly has ever had any home births does anyone know? I know so far Erin Whitney and Alyssa have all had hospital/birthing center births. 

Wasn't Addallee a homebirth? She stopped breathing for 7 minutes and EMTs saved her. The Bateses threw a party for the Volunteer Fire Department to thank them on one of their fairly recent episodes. 

Do you think all the pressure will be on Jana to marry now since 4 out of the 5 married Duggar daughters seem to be failing in the kid a year thing and JB needs grandkids for his show?
  Also, I wonder if a professional midwife would even allow a homebirth and if that's why there never is one at the Duggar homebirths. In many more natural (crunchy not fundy) circles, homebirths are touted as a way to avoid a C-section that the evil doctor will just force you into.

If they are actually using Jill as their only midwife, I feel sick to my stomach. Even if they’re using Jill plus some other Jill-like poorly educated ‘midwife’, I feel sick. They’ve all gotten lucky so far. I do not want to be reading about a needless Duggar tragedy one day.

6 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Wasn't Addallee a homebirth? She stopped breathing for 7 minutes and EMTs saved her. The Bateses threw a party for the Volunteer Fire Department to thank them on one of their fairly recent episodes. 

Considering she was apparently only 4 pounds 13 oz AFTER being released from a 17 day NICU stay, Kelly went into quite early premature labor. Addallee may not have even been supposed to be a homebirth, since it sounds like Kelly just progressed too rapidly for them to even get her to the hospital before Addallee was born.

12 minutes ago, marmalade said:

ah yes you are right thanks for reminding me. I know Jeb was in the hospital because that one was filmed and I had totally forgotten the Addie story.

11 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Do you think all the pressure will be on Jana to marry now since 4 out of the 5 married Duggar daughters seem to be failing in the kid a year thing and JB needs grandkids for his show?
  Also, I wonder if a professional midwife would even allow a homebirth and if that's why there never is one at the Duggar homebirths. In many more natural (crunchy not fundy) circles, homebirths are touted as a way to avoid a C-section that the evil doctor will just force you into.

na I think Joe seems to be on a good path if Kendra has a natural birth and Kendra will still only be 19 at the birth. Lauren is turning 19 and her mom has nine kids so I would bet a good size family for her. the boys have it covered right now with their teen brides plus Jinger is still a wild card. as is joy really. will she go a long time like Jill or will she follow Michelle and be pregnant in a few months even with the c-section. plus Anna if she stays on her scedual will have M 6 in late 2019

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

ah yes you are right thanks for reminding me. I know Jeb was in the hospital because that one was filmed and I had totally forgotten the Addie story.

na I think Joe seems to be on a good path if Kendra has a natural birth and Kendra will still only be 19 at the birth. Lauren is turning 19 and her mom has nine kids so I would bet a good size family for her. the boys have it covered right now with their teen brides plus Jinger is still a wild card. as is joy really. will she go a long time like Jill or will she follow Michelle and be pregnant in a few months even with the c-section. plus Anna if she stays on her scedual will have M 6 in late 2019

Neither Lauren or Kendra are show favorites, at least not yet. And they are not biologically connected and the whole point of the show is kind of what crazy fertile genes Michelle has. Ditto for Anna, she's not having a baby a year. I guess they can just settle on Jessa being the new Michelle, but out of 19 kids to only get one fan favorite with "Duggar fertility"?

1 minute ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Neither Lauren or Kendra are show favorites, at least not yet. And they are not biologically connected and the whole point of the show is kind of what crazy fertile genes Michelle has. Ditto for Anna, she's not having a baby a year. I guess they can just settle on Jessa being the new Michelle, but out of 19 kids to only get one fan favorite with "Duggar fertility"?

And we don’t even know if Jessa has “Duggar fertility”. Not yet, anyway.

The funny thing is that, at least in their patriarchal worldview, it should be their sons’ fertility that really counts because they’re the ones passing on the Duggar name. So if Jim Bob wants to see the world flooded with thousands of Duggars, he won’t care much about how many babies his daughters have, but he’ll definitely be praying that the Lord blesses the wombs of his daughters-in-law.

1 minute ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Jana's wedding will be a huge draw that is true  I just don't see her popping out one a year even after she does so or she could end up having the same complications as her sisters. Jim Bob is just screwed. none of the Duggar daughter will probably have 19 kids or even close.  Henry is already 13 months with no pregnancy confirmation from Jessa I see Jill having four kids tops. Jinger I can see using BC at some point since Jeremy's church seems okay with it. Joy is a wild card like I said. how she handles this c-section will be telling. 

15 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Addallee may not have even been supposed to be a homebirth, since it sounds like Kelly just progressed too rapidly for them to even get her to the hospital before Addallee was born.

I believe Addie was her last homebirth, most (if not all) of her children prior to this were homebirths.

Her children have all had hospital or birthing centres though, so it's quite the opposite to the Duggars.

15 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Considering she was apparently only 4 pounds 13 oz AFTER being released from a 17 day NICU stay, Kelly went into quite early premature labor. Addallee may not have even been supposed to be a homebirth, since it sounds like Kelly just progressed too rapidly for them to even get her to the hospital before Addallee was born.

Wow, I didn't realize Addee was such a premie! 

I think Lauren or Kendra will be churning them out every few months given they are teenagers and also have quiverfull parents. 

I wonder if Jana has received flack for not marrying and breeding young.

1 minute ago, Kangaroo said:

I believe Addie was her last homebirth, most (if not all) of her children prior to this were homebirths.

Her children have all had hospital or birthing centres though, so it's quite the opposite to the Duggars.

I liked when Kelly was talking to Whitney well she was pregnant with Kaci and told her it was okay to have a hospital birth that their was nothing wrong with that. 

also how much Erin really wanted that epidural and how happy she was she finally got it with Brooklyn. 

2 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jana's wedding will be a huge draw that is true  I just don't see her popping out one a year even after she does so or she could end up having the same complications as her sisters. Jim Bob is just screwed. none of the Duggar daughter will probably have 19 kids or even close.  Henry is already 13 months with no pregnancy confirmation from Jessa I see Jill having four kids tops. Jinger I can see using BC at some point since Jeremy's church seems okay with it. Joy is a wild card like I said. how she handles this c-section will be telling. 

But would he think through that, or would he just be like "marry off Jana" asap. And if he did pressure Jana, what would the outcome be? Would she run off to live with the Dillards? Also, the headship decides the no bc thing. JB would just have to pick a super fundy headship.

Just now, luv2laugh said:

I think Lauren or Kendra will be churning them out every few months given they are teenagers and also have quiverfull parents.

People thought the same about Jill and Joy. Anna seemed to be going that route at first too. It’s really hard to tell when they’re only in the 0-2 kids range. C-sections, secondary infertility, marital problems, etc. can all throw that quiverfull dream off even if they remain committed to it.

That’s why her name is Addallee, they said somewhere that the double letters are a reminder of the second chance she was given, after she stopped breathing. 

Does she have any kind of health issues? I thought I saw she had hearing issues but I’ve never seen her with hearing aids or anything. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

People thought the same about Jill and Joy. Anna seemed to be going that route at first too. It’s really hard to tell when they’re only in the 0-2 kids range. C-sections, secondary infertility, marital problems, etc. can all throw that quiverfull dream off even if they remain committed to it.

The Duggar second generation really goes to prove why women aren't having 19 kids. Ironic really.

1 hour ago, Taylurker said:

I really wonder what JB&M think of their daughters' prenatal care and birth choices so far. Michelle had 2 homebirths (Jinger + Joseph) but all the rest were hospital births. She had plenty of VBACs but most of those were hospital-supervised, and knew the risks with having the # of the children in the double digits, and sought adequate prenatal care.

If I were M, I'd slap the shit out of my daughters for being so cavalier about pregnancy and birth. But then again, my daughter had two high risk pregnancies that scared the shit out of me. She went to 39 weeks with her first and barely made it to 36 with her second (and last). However, the fact that she got pregnant and carried beyond viability is nothing short of a miracle. See, she got hit by a car...87 Cadillac vs. 5'2", 100 lb girl. Her pelvis was shattered, internal injuries, etc. The doctors didn't think she'd ever be able to even get pregnant. When she got pregnant with #1, she was urged to terminate the pregnancy because the "experts" swore she'd never be able to carry to viability, let alone term due to her injuries. My smart-ass daughter said this "you can say what you want but my mama prays and not even God tells my mama no". A was born at a chunky 8lbs 9oz. 2 days shy of 20 months later, here comes K. That pregnancy took its toll on her body so they took K at 36 weeks after making sure her lungs were mature. She was a teeny 6lbs and change. 

I DID slap the shit (verbally) out of my grandson's mother for being such a stupid bitch while pregnant and taking serious chances. I mean, when I was pregnant, it wasn't as cautious as now...and I did some stupid shit but...this girl took the cake! 

I think M need to tell those girls they're playing with fire...but it's going to take a death for them to learn (I hope). 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

But would he think through that, or would he just be like "marry off Jana" asap. And if he did pressure Jana, what would the outcome be? Would she run off to live with the Dillards? Also, the headship decides the no bc thing. JB would just have to pick a super fundy headship.

I honestly don't think Jim Bob pressures his kids to marry. he may point them in a direction (Jill and maybe Josh) but I don't think he will force Jana to marry. If Jana does Marry I see it being some random all the girls have married randoms. the boys on the other hand have married Fundy quiverfull. Keller/Caldwell/Swanson. 

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If I were M, I'd slap the shit out of my daughters for being so cavalier about pregnancy and birth.

Do you think maybe she's happy that her daughters aren't able to have a baby a year? She gets to keep the record. She's the one with 19 kids. 

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

If I were M, I'd slap the shit out of my daughters for being so cavalier about pregnancy and birth. But then again, my daughter had two high risk pregnancies that scared the shit out of me. She went to 39 weeks with her first and barely made it to 36 with her second (and last). However, the fact that she got pregnant and carried beyond viability is nothing short of a miracle. See, she got hit by a car...87 Cadillac vs. 5'2", 100 lb girl. Her pelvis was shattered, internal injuries, etc. The doctors didn't think she'd ever be able to even get pregnant. When she got pregnant with #1, she was urged to terminate the pregnancy because the "experts" swore she'd never be able to carry to viability, let alone term due to her injuries. My smart-ass daughter said this "you can say what you want but my mama prays and not even God tells my mama no". A was born at a chunky 8lbs 9oz. 2 days shy of 20 months later, here comes K. That pregnancy took its toll on her body so they took K at 36 weeks after making sure her lungs were mature. She was a teeny 6lbs and change. 

I DID slap the shit (verbally) out of my grandson's mother for being such a stupid bitch while pregnant and taking serious chances. I mean, when I was pregnant, it wasn't as cautious as now...and I did some stupid shit but...this girl took the cake! 

I think M need to tell those girls they're playing with fire...but it's going to take a death for them to learn (I hope). 

Michelle isn't going to say anything. Michelle doesn't care about her kids except maybe Josie. as long as they give her another baby to cuddle she'll be all blissed out and ignore the children still at home. 

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived