IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 5: Preaching From The Basement In Bed

DaisyD

Ok folks, I decided to give a little look-see to Gary and Becky's little pappyrappy jury video and wow. I have never seen anyone selling jewelry describe it with less enthusiasm or more sighs. Sales really is not in their wheelhouse, is it?

"So this is a... pink one... it's um... pretty." Wow. Such effusive praise for your product!

I've seen better quality jewelry at Claire's. But Gary says it is good jury, so I must be mistaken. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Ok folks, I decided to give a little look-see to Gary and Becky's little pappyrappy jury video and wow. I have never seen anyone selling jewelry describe it with less enthusiasm or more sighs. Sales really is not in their wheelhouse, is it?

"So this is a... pink one... it's um... pretty." Wow. Such effusive praise for your product!

I've seen better quality jewelry at Claire's. But Gary says it is good jury, so I must be mistaken. 

Yes, Sis Becky- every piece isn’t “really pretty.”

Gary must have worked at least occasionally before he started doing evangelism "full time", which according to their website was only in 2012. I don't know what he did back then, but I'm going to guess rocket surgeon.

Becky's weird, it's like she has no idea how ridiculous and miserable her life really is. She must know though, it would be impossible not to. But she's always posting all those "life hack" type things, most of which rely on having a home to decorate or do projects in or whatever. And then of course all pyramid schemes require people to act like their lifestyle is something others might want to aspire to, and most of them are lying, but I've never seen anyone lie quite so unconvincingly before. About anything. And I interned at the Department of Corrections.

3 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Becky's weird, it's like she has no idea how ridiculous and miserable her life really is. She must know though, it would be impossible not to. But she's always posting all those "life hack" type things, most of which rely on having a home to decorate or do projects in or whatever. And then of course all pyramid schemes require people to act like their lifestyle is something others might want to aspire to, and most of them are lying, but I've never seen anyone lie quite so unconvincingly before. About anything. And I interned at the Department of Corrections.

I think she must be lying to herself every day... how effectively who knows.  She has lost custody of all of her kids and Gary seems scary.  I think he has “ideas” and leaves it up to her to figure it out.  I have big doubts about how effectively he can communicate so she probably has to do everything except preach.

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I like those ideas! Although I worry about the property caretaker one... I've read The Shining.

I think it might be pretty bad even without the supernatural shit.  Imagine a property left with months worth of Bro residue...eau de ween, etc. 

3 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Becky's weird, it's like she has no idea how ridiculous and miserable her life really is.

I believe some amount of delusion must be required, given the circumstances.

Yes!  The feeling I get, the one that stands out the most, is Becky's uncertainty,  general unease and how she let's Bro. Gary "run" things.  There is no reason whatsoever for him to be the MC on the pappatratsies videos. It's super weird.  I've seen these sorts of jewlery videos on fundie lites FB pages. It's just the woman.  Not even two women.  Just some lady doing her thing.  Gary is looming and making this part of his thing and not in a good way!  Plus, this is a terrible investment and G'ween thinks it's great. I don't get the feeling Becky thinks this is a good idea, it shows.  She is so hesitant.  Mr. Ween is unstable in many ways, this can't be the life she thought it would be.  Did they get hitched right quick?  WTF happened here?!!1!!11!!!

When my daughter was in college, there was a guy in his 40's in one of her classes.  Everyone hated him.  He was an obnoxious little sniveler who had a huge chip on his shoulder for someone who thought he was the smartest guy in the class, even smarter than the teacher.  Nothing was ever his fault, if something went wrong it was because everyone was out to get him.  He also hated it that my daughter consistently got better grades than he did (to be honest, I think everyone got better grades), but he seemed really insulted that a young woman was besting him.  He did a lot of muttering under his breath, but no one was sure what he was saying because everyone refused to sit near him.

My daughter was working her way through college by working at a fast food restaurant.  One evening a smartly dressed woman came in.  She gave her order, made sure that the one item that had changes to it were clearly understood by the cashier, and stood quietly by until she was handed her food.  She turned in a cents off coupon and left.  During the entire exchange she was polite, articulate, and understanding when her order took longer than usual because of the changes she requested.  

A minute later that obnoxious guy from school came in snarling at the woman to keep up.  Then he threw a fit because the order took too long, and he had a bunch of coupons that he wanted to turn in at once, getting the order for free.  My daughter was assistant shift manager that night and started to explain to him what had happened, but he recognized her and started in on her.  Now that he wasn't confined to a classroom he made sure to tell her she wasn't getting away with any shit by batting her eyes at the guys like she did in school.  The regular shift manager came out from the office and started arguing with him.  The customer was being completely unreasonable while the woman stood nearby with her head down and looked like she wanted the floor to open up and swallow her.  Her husband kept referring to her and seemed to be showing off for her, but he was totally oblivious to her obvious embarrassment.

Eventually the manager gave the guy his order for free and told him he wasn't allowed in the restaurant again.  Later on, when the restaurant closed and the crew was cleaning up, they discussed the unhappy couple.  The all agreed the guy was horrible, but what no one could figure out was the wife.  She seemed so normal, nice, polite, probably smarter than he was; but she was so humiliated and miserable standing there next to him.  No one could figure out why she was with a man like that.

Well folks I done did a peeksy at the shared page in case there was jewerry news we didnt wanna be missin. Seems the bro posted a picture of a tool drawer turned into a changin table for a nursery. Imagine if a lil weenie was on the way? I know I know scrub yur brain of all bro makin a baby images. 

Sis Candy

still cold, not buyin jewerrry or that darn toothpasta too

20 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

Sis Luna who’s comma and period keys just stopped working  Hello run on sentences 

Another member here told me about Sharpkeys when I posted about keys not working on my old laptop. It allows you to reprogram keys you don't use to ones that you do. FJ is much more than snark, we have some smart and helpful people here. 

I can just tell that "Jesus Chris" will be said in my head many times today as I clean house!  

And, Jesus Chris, Gary.  You're a "preacher" and you post that?!  This guy. SMDH.

Cheesy rice, GHaw.   Cheesy rice.  

He might remember the name easier if there is a food item associated with it.

Hmmm...Gary.  Wouldn't that be considered using the Lord's name in vain?  (In vain, you tried to type out a name that should be more familiar to you than your own.)  

I think the small cowboy hat he wears has cut off circulation to his head.

2 hours ago, LouisvilleGirl said:

Jesus Chris is the ONLY way!

Jesus chris.png

Jesus Chris!

How does this guy get through life? I can't imagine he actually reads the King James version of the bible and actually understands any of it, he seems to struggle enough with modern English. (Also, did I spot a random UK-style spelling in there? Was that an accident?) 

Also, I'm not looking it up to see if Bro Gary typed it out (mostly) correctly, but wow that verse sounds a lot like the ring inscription from lord of the rings. Possibly intentional on Tolkein's part.

If he no longer has "morning breathe" maybe he should look into a CPAP or something. Though the lack of oxygen would explain some things...

@Alisamer, if you're referring to the spelling of "Saviour," I think the KJV-only fundies do this because that is how Savior is spelled in their Bibles.  Besides, if you are a true Christian, you know that Jesus spoke English with the British accent of a well-seasoned thespian.

Dear God, please make it stop. I am thankful for our thoothpaste it makes your teath whait.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

@Alisamer, if you're referring to the spelling of "Saviour," I think the KJV-only fundies do this because that is how Savior is spelled in their Bibles.  Besides, if you are a true Christian, you know that Jesus spoke English with the British accent of a well-seasoned thespian.

Of course! I should have known. Who wants to bet he had to go look that up before typing it?

I totally forgot Jesus was a white british guy. And here I was thinking he was a brown-skinned middle eastern aramaic/hebrew speaking Jew! 

21 hours ago, Carol said:

There is no way on god's green earth that either Gary or Becky came up with this.  It's far too literate.  10-1 their upline found it and forwarded it to them to post.

I've seen that kind of post several times on various MLMers time-lines. It's rather sad in a way..

He really, truly needs to just dictate what he wants to say to Becky.  She then can translate it and type it in a language FB readers can understand.  I mean, spelling normal vocabulary is bad enough but when you can't correctly spell the name of the Savior you preach about and want people to follow...I. Can't. Even.

3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I totally forgot Jesus was a white british guy. And here I was thinking he was a brown-skinned middle eastern aramaic/hebrew speaking Jew! 

...who related to His own people culturally, in the jargon they spoke, using parables they could relate to?  What bad weens have YOU been eating, girlfriend?

25 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

If he no longer has "morning breathe" maybe he should look into a CPAP or something. Though the lack of oxygen would explain some things...

I like breathing in the morning, personally...

Now we know where GHaw is staying and playing on his next road trip.

Last one in the gravy hot tub has to clean it!

gravy.jpg

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived