IGNORED

Baby Kyle Maxwell Is Here

singsingsing

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Granwych, my mom once said, “You may look at me and see a 50-year-old woman, but I feel 19 inside.” I thought she was nuts till it happened to me!

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@Granwych, my mom once said, “You may look at me and see a 50-year-old woman, but I feel 19 inside.” I thought she was nuts till it happened to me!

I feel like a little old lady and a 20 year old smooshed together. Is that a thing too lol?

23 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

30 is middle-aged only if you're planning on dying at 60.

...Or know that you will be because you've been diagnosed with a life-limiting blood disorder.

Sorry, that got dark! My anxiety is high today and I think it's showing. 

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

...Or know that you will be because you've been diagnosed with a life-limiting blood disorder.

Sorry, that got dark! My anxiety is high today and I think it's showing. 

As a fellow anxiety-sufferer, I feel ya, sis - I'm sorry it's kicking up for you today, @LilMissMetaphor.

But I have to admit that after I read your post, I also thought "Stevehovah would at least approve of the topic being brought back around to death..." 

55 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

As a fellow anxiety-sufferer, I feel ya, sis - I'm sorry it's kicking up for you today, @LilMissMetaphor.

But I have to admit that after I read your post, I also thought "Stevehovah would at least approve of the topic being brought back around to death..." 

Indeed! Eternity is forever, y'all!  

For real though, thanks, and I didn't mean to pity party.  I'll tuck that back in now.   

Hey @scoutsadie, @LilMissMetaphor, I just want to give some major love to my fellow anxiety sufferers. Never forget that our suffering makes us stronger, wiser, and more empathetic than we were before. But that doesn't mean is doesn't suck, a lot, and I'm right there with you!

Yes, that's right. Elissa had her baby and they named him......... Kyle.
https://blog.titus2.com/2018/03/02/welcome-kyle-jeremiah-maxwell/'
Don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly nice name! But kind of out of left field! I wonder if he's named after someone? It's nothing like Calia, it's not biblical (okay, to be fair, his middle name is Jeremiah), it's not trendy... it's.... Kyle.
Maybe they are secret South Park fans?

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Hey @scoutsadie, @LilMissMetaphor, I just want to give some major love to my fellow anxiety sufferers. Never forget that our suffering makes us stronger, wiser, and more empathetic than we were before. But that doesn't mean is doesn't suck, a lot, and I'm right there with you!

Thank you, @singsingsing - I appreciate that, especially from you! (I am a fan. :my_biggrin: )

I saw an old episode of to Tell the Truth the other day on Buzzr where the panel had to guess which of three girls was Miss Teenage America 1963.  The panelists were Kitty Carlisle, Peggy Cass, Bill Cullen and sportscaster Kyle Rote.  Some family in 1928 named their little boy Kyle.  It may not have been a common name, but it wasn't unknown either.

I'm going to geek out a little bit here (I love names!) - Kyle was uncommon in the 1920s, but definitely not unknown. In 1928 specifically it was ranked #742 out of 1000. It also started out as a surname, and the whole surnames-as-first-names thing was popular in the late 19th/early 20th century. The popularity of the name Kyle peaked in the mid-90s, but it's been around for a long time!

One of my colleagues names is Kyle. I'm guessing he is late 30's or very early 40's.  (That is my stellar input for today.)

I like Kyle's photos better than Elizabeth. He's not wrapped like a mummy for starters, and the pics looks so much warmer than Chris'.

The photo of Kyle in a monkey suit is so lovely. Sarah is a lot better photographer than Pristopher.

I love snarking on the Maxwells like its my job but I love all of these baby photos! Oh my goodness these precious kids are all so beautiful. It makes me want to have Baby Pearl #2! Damn Maxwells. 

oh my baby Kyle is a cutie and I love that family picture. Elizabeth is also cute but the family pics are way to staged. 

I was born in 1982 and two years ago my hair started to turn really gray. I feel perhaps not middle aged but certainly not young. Given my parents died at 56 and 63 I might legitimately be middle aged though but I hope not.

I guess we can congratulate Christopher for not being stuck in the 80s because he’s definitely stuck in the 90s with his photos. That stark white background and matchy-match outfits. Well somewhat matchy. The girls are more colorful. But why have the stiff Easter clothing on and then the wrinkled sheet in the floor? That makes no since. And I have very little fashion sense but I know you don’t put white tights and shoes with an off white dress. 

Christopher- it will not harm your family or make you appear worldly to have a colorful backdrop. That white is blinding and washes everyone out. Try it, I promise you’ll survive. 

I agree, the white background is blinding.

And why do they insist on dressing everyone in white/light colors?  They just look like a bunch of floating heads.

I will say the shot of NR-Anna and baby where  they are both looking at the camera and smiling (o.k., maybe it was gas for the baby, but still cute), was very nice.  And what do you know?  It had a dark background!

The white background is a bit OTT, but the problem is that the kids are wearing such light coloured clothes. If they’d worn blue or red or green or any other colour, it wouldn’t look so bad. 

28 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The white background is a bit OTT, but the problem is that the kids are wearing such light coloured clothes. If they’d worn blue or red or green or any other colour, it wouldn’t look so bad. 

Agreed. A lot of photographers in a studio use a white or black background depending on the clothing. Chris is an okay photography, but based on the site and photos, he's really not that much better than many people with a phone. His wedding images are almost all back. Too much background in all of them. Some, sure, it captures the moment and location, but it would not kill you to zoom in and take some up close shots of the bride and groom. Same with the kids. Light balance too. The house he photographed on the front page of his website is a little blinding due to the lighting and maybe a poor quality editing software. He's not bad. He just doesn't come across as anything special and doesn't appear as someone who has been doing photography for almost 20 years. Most professional photographers with about 20 years experience take much, much better photographs. 

I do think he could be better because he seems to know some basics, but he's just got a SOTDRT type training and if he'd get off his high horse a little and learned from some real professionals, he'd have more success. Doesn't even have to leave the house. He could take free or low cost courses online and even watch videos on YT for better tricks and tips. Modern tech is awesome like that if you choose to utilize them. But when you are convinced the world outside your tiny circle is all evil and bad, makes it hard to grow in any area. Especially when your criteria is almost impossibly high. 

Chris's photography criteria are actually ridiculous. No dancing at the wedding, "modest" dress only, no alcohol is to be served or he won't be your photographer. Alcohol has destroyed people's lives so it is bad and he will not glamorize it, thanks. Most people drink or have had alcohol and only a small percentage of them are alcoholics. Maybe take chill pill, Chris, or better yet, have a small glass of wine. Plus, why does he tell you how much the cost of his gear is (over $15K)? Spending more on equipment does not=better photographer. Also, not a good idea to state how much the stuff you are carrying costs. It's not a smart move. 

His real estate photos are not any better than ones taken with a phone and real estate companies do not care much about the photos. They are not going to hire anyone, though would be nice because anyone who's seen real estate listing photos knows they are awful. Chris states he's only working for his brother John as well. He has no contracts or anything to show that says "I did this great work, hire me to work for you!" For his magazine covers, he only has one magazine, Home School Enrichment, and he doesn't list any products that have used his service so far. 

Simply put, he is claiming he has almost 19 years experience, yet has little to show for it. He has few projects in his portfolio after all these years and only a handful of weddings. If wasn't so stingy and allowed himself to learn from non-insular Maxwell world photographers, he could probably do great. However, it will never be so and as such, his photos will continue to be mediocre instead of great. Good thing he has other companies to keep him and NR Anna and kids feed and all because he'd be SOL otherwise. 

Yesterday in church the sermon was based on Jeremiah and how he had to do dirty jobs.  Made me think of poor Kyle.

Archived