IGNORED

Baby Kyle Maxwell Is Here

singsingsing

what version of the bible do the Maxwells use? little KJ... just needs a V as a last initial. Forget a measly biblical name, just name the kid after the whole book :pb_lol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Casserole said:

what version of the bible do the Maxwells use? little KJ... just needs a V as a last initial. Forget a measly biblical name, just name the kid after the whole book :pb_lol:

That was my first thought as well! Surprised they didn't just tack on a second middle name with a V - baby KJV!

I hope that J&E and J&C will slowly drift more into fundielite-dom over the years. Chris and Anna seem deeper in it than Nathan and Melanie, and with Chelsy and Elissa coming from less crazy backgrounds, they may drag their husbands into something resembelling normality. One can hope.

I never know whether to hope these people ( & fundies in general) have boys or girls.  I don't know if the Maxwells follow the 40/80 day rule or not but it would mean the difference of 11 boys in ten years or 9 girls in ten years. (If my math is correct and the woman is super fertile). 

Girls are chattel but at least the mother could have fewer children... and, in the fundie world, no boy to carry on the family name!!

Sounds like a raw deal no matter what.

The conversation about whether Melanie might have another got me thinking.

While I agree with the majority that I hope she is finished, I wonder if Melanie WANTS another?  In this culture there is ALWAYS the expectation that another pregnancy might just be around the corner for (married) women. Women are conditioned to want more and more children. I don't get the sense that there is ever the sense of a completed family.  Quiverfull parents claim they are "relying on God and trusting Him", but somehow that has often translated into having as many children as possible.  

So I find myself wondering if Melanie will be disappointed that they had "only" five children or whether she is secretly happy with her completed family of five children.  I can't believe that this couple would do anything to actively prevent further pregnancies.

My husband and I actively chose to  have three children.  With my third child there was an acknowledgement and celebration of our completed family.  Do these women ever get to have that feeling of "being done" or is there always the chronic sense of disappointment as they age that there isn't another pregnancy.

Just curious.

@daisyjane1234 In my experience, it varies from woman to woman, and couple to couple. I think most have a sort of “perfect number” they’d like and a contentment once that number is reached. Hmm, I’m not explaining this very well. Like for me, conception is not as easy as it is for others. After each baby, I always prayed for the Lord to give me peace with whatever number He had planned for us. I would say that it wasn’t until my youngest that I have that complete contentment. We would be thrilled if I get pregnant again, and also happy and content if I don’t. Among the women I’m closest to, that seems to be the general feeling. “We love our children and will gladly accept more, but not fret if they don’t come.” At least after a few ;-)

I will add that it really chapped my hide when someone commented upthread that they hope Melanie and Nathan will stop being greedy. As though Melanie has been near death these last few times and wanting more means you don’t like the ones of you have enough. Ugh. 

For Abby's sake, I hope Melanie is done. If she has more-- especially if she has to be on bed rest during her pregnancy (or pregnancies)-- this could be the tipping point where Abby becomes the Jana of the family. As it is now, they have five kids, which is a large-ish family but not so many that Melanie can't take care of them herself.

I rarely have anything positive to say in the Maxwell threads, but I really like the name Kyle.  It's strong, normal, and not creatively spelled.  Who knows, maybe he'll be able to play sports someday...

Abbey  is already being trained, has been for awhile. At her age She can watch a baby or for a few minutes now, gather laundry, dry dishes, set the table and so on while mother is busy.At her age she will feel important and grown and proud. Even if Mel doesn't intentionally train her she is falling into a little mother role and in her world this is the ideal and proper role for her so she will always be her mother’s shadow.No one will ever tell her there is more too be. 

Just curious- why do the Maxwell grandchildren have their own threads when the entire Maxwell "extended family" is usually discussed on one Maxwell thread? Chelsy and John are separate now but Maxwell doesn't seem to be like the Duggars where every couple has their own thread- probably because they're just too boring!

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Is first born daughter not a thing?

In Maxhell? No. Other fundies? Sometimes. The Bontragers referred to Chelsy as their firstborn. 

I think with 5 living kids, two of which are boys, Nathan and Melanie are happy with what they have They have a great testimony about God's faithfulness, having gone through years of infertility, the loss of their first baby and at least two miscarriages. That sort of testimony is often more important to fundies than the actual number of children they have, which 5 isn't an insignificant number. I'm sure they would be happy to have more, but at this point they probably content with the "rewards" God has given them.

4 hours ago, terranova said:

I hope that J&E and J&C will slowly drift more into fundielite-dom over the years. Chris and Anna seem deeper in it than Nathan and Melanie, and with Chelsy and Elissa coming from less crazy backgrounds, they may drag their husbands into something resembelling normality. One can hope.

I have a feeling Chelsy wants a large family. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts out with the fertility of NRAnna. I can't say if that will change over time but I think chelsy's first two will be close together in age. I'm guessing she will give birth to #1 by November or December of this year. Then she will have #2 by June of 2020. And a third in 2021.

24 minutes ago, clese said:

*Snort! !!

Anyone read the comments yet.

See if you can.find out what I laughed out loud at!

John?is that you?

I'm guessing either:

I note that the name Kyle means “channel”. Is this a reference to “Channels Only”?

Or

Love the name choice! It means a lot of great things. In Yiddish, Kyle means: Victorious, and it means handsome in Gaelic. I love to zero-in on the meaning “victorious”. Jeremiah means, “Exalted of the Lord”. I pray that your Kyle will be victorious in the Lord in all that he will accomplish for Him and be a shining light, always exalting our God and sharing His love and goodness with a lost and hurting world. In Jesus Name, Amen

I have some ideas for names of future Maxwell kids:  Frances Jean, Finn Joseph, Faith Jennifer, Forrest Jonathan.  They'd all mean the same thing.

#hellfrozeover

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling Chelsy wants a large family. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts out with the fertility of NRAnna. 

The strange think about Anna Marie is that she didn't conceive for an entire year after her wedding, then suddenly became super fertile. I wonder what happened. I can't imagine that they intentionally decided to wait a year to enjoy their marriage before conceiving.

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Abbey  is already being trained, has been for awhile. At her age She can watch a baby or for a few minutes now, gather laundry, dry dishes, set the table and so on while mother is busy.At her age she will feel important and grown and proud. Even if Mel doesn't intentionally train her she is falling into a little mother role and in her world this is the ideal and proper role for her so she will always be her mother’s shadow.No one will ever tell her there is more too be. 

But there's a difference between a kid being trained for a future as a housewife/mother vs. a kid being expected to fill that role while she is still a child herself. How many kids was Jana in charge of when she was Abby's age? I also recall it was her responsibility to make lunch for the whole brood every day.

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

I'm guessing either:

I note that the name Kyle means “channel”. Is this a reference to “Channels Only”?

Or

Love the name choice! It means a lot of great things. In Yiddish, Kyle means: Victorious, and it means handsome in Gaelic. I love to zero-in on the meaning “victorious”. Jeremiah means, “Exalted of the Lord”. I pray that your Kyle will be victorious in the Lord in all that he will accomplish for Him and be a shining light, always exalting our God and sharing His love and goodness with a lost and hurting world. In Jesus Name, Amen

Kyle means victorious in Yiddish? Since when?

Also, one thing to give the Maxwells credit for is they all have relatively normal names - Kyle J. Maxwell or Joshua C. Maxwell or Lydia J. Maxwell look fine on resumes.  No "Heistheway Maxwell," let's hope! (Other than that, I don't especially like the name, personally, but there's nothing wrong with it.)

10 hours ago, terranova said:

Bontragers ARE that crazy, despite being more wordly. Read their blog or Allison's one. Their sexism is scaring.

Nothing evidences that Nathan and Melanie are less fundie than Chris and Anna. Seeming a more relaxed person doesn't make you less fundie. I think Abby's life is hard at this point, with no other pre-teens to hang around and lots of chores. 

10 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I have some ideas for names of future Maxwell kids:  Frances Jean, Finn Joseph, Faith Jennifer, Forrest Jonathan.  They'd all mean the same thing.

#hellfrozeover

I'm missing the reference. 

8 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

The strange think about Anna Marie is that she didn't conceive for an entire year after her wedding, then suddenly became super fertile. I wonder what happened. I can't imagine that they intentionally decided to wait a year to enjoy their marriage before conceiving.

Her fertility is strange. 19.6 months between their marriage and Joshua's birth, so 10 months to conceive. Then it took another 20.9 months for Ruthanne to arrive - almost a whole year to conceive. Then bam, Lydia arrives only 13.3 months later, and Daniel 15.7 after. That's pretty quickly given the first two babies. Now the time between Daniel and Elizabeth is 19.9 months, so again, almost a whole year to conceive.

I feel like the like time with the Joshua makes some sense, because Christopher and Anna didn't really know each other that well when they married.  Afterwards, who knows. Could just be odds and timing. 

I will say, though, that if she has a shorter time between Elizabeth and baby number six (13-16 months), I'm going to wonder if she and Christopher try to get pregnant sooner after having a girl than a boy. 

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling Chelsy wants a large family.

While I totally agree with you, I might add that she doesn't really have a choice. Given her upbringing and that she married into Maxhell.

8 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I always thought that they might had some intimacy issues. Switching from a no touch courtship to having sex seems to be a HUGE step. I think a lot of fundie newlyweds struggle with the new physical aspect of their relationships after they are married. And yet I'm surprised how many honeymoon babies we see.

I used to think of Kyle as a male name.  However, after watching a female Kyle on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and not currently knowing anyone named Kyle in real life, I am starting to think of it as more of an androgynous name (of course, this is just my opinion).  The Maxwells would be horrified to know that Joseph's "first born son" could share a name with females.

Archived