IGNORED

Pris & David 7: Wall to Wall Wallers

Jellybean

Carry on from here:

75125815-F24D-409D-B7FA-54ACD27D1F8B.jpeg.76a6be8857c6f3f4e53e939b284e60fb.jpeg

Priscilla hasn’t announced another pregnancy, but that’s not enough to derail the speculation train. 

The three current children, Paul, Davia and Philip, look just like their parents, who look just like each other. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of death bed lamentations here is all the D bible girl names. Delilah is already out for obvious reasons.

DAMARIS   f   Biblical, Biblical Greek
Probably means "calf, heifer, girl" from Greek δαμαλις (damalis). In the New Testament this is the name of a woman converted to Christianity by Saint Paul.

DEBORAH   f   English, Hebrew, Biblical
Means "bee" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament Book of Judges, Deborah is a heroine and prophetess who leads the Israelites when they are threatened by the Canaanites. She forms an army under the command of Barak, and together they destroy the army of the Canaanite commander Sisera. Also in the Old Testament, this is the name of the nurse of Rebecca.... [more]

DELILAH   f   Biblical, Biblical Hebrew, English
Means "delicate, weak, languishing" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament she is the lover of Samson, whom she betrays to the Philistines by cutting his hair, which is the source of his power. Despite her character flaws, the name began to be used by the Puritans in the 17th century. It has been used occasionally in the English-speaking world since that time.

DIKLAH   m & f   Hebrew, Biblical, Biblical Hebrew
Possibly means "palm grove" in Hebrew or Aramaic. In the Old Testament this is the name of a son of Joktan. In modern times it is also used as a feminine name.

DINAH   f   Biblical, Biblical Hebrew, English
Means "judged" in Hebrew. She is the daughter of Jacob and Leah in the Old Testament. It has been used as an English given name since after the Protestant Reformation.

DORCAS   f   Biblical
Derived from Greek δορκας (dorkas) meaning "gazelle". This is the Greek translation of the name Tabitha in the New Testament (see Acts 9:36).

DRUSILLA   f   Biblical, Ancient Roman, Biblical Latin
Feminine diminutive of the Roman family name DRUSUS. In Acts in the New Testament Drusilla is the wife of Felix.

Priscilla tries too hard to be a perfect, stepford-like, stage fundie wife. I think David puts this pressure on her. I also think that David has political aspirations. David wants the fan following and political clout JB Duggar had but with the prestige of the likes of Roger Magnuson or Stephen Hammer of Harvard law.

Davia isn’t a bible name and they still picked it. 

My guess for a girl is Divine spelled as Davine.  It reminds me now of the movie Pink Flamingos with the name. 

9 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Priscilla tries too hard to be a perfect, stepford-like, stage fundie wife. I think David puts this pressure on her. I also think that David has political aspirations. David wants the fan following and political clout JB Duggar had but with the prestige of the likes of Roger Magnuson or Stephen Hammer of Harvard law.

My guess for a girl is Devine spelled as Davine. 

They chose Davia because they felt it was the female form of David. So if they like the female versions of male names starting with D, then they might like Danielle/Daniella. 

I feel like Peter is a definite for a boy.

I've stopped trying to figure out what David Waller is doing. I assume that most things are David's idea and Pris goes along with them! 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They chose Davia because they felt it was the female form of David. So if they like the female versions of male names starting with D, then they might like Danielle/Daniella. 

I feel like Peter is a definite for a boy.

Agreed. I'm surprised Philip wasn't named Peter. And I could seem then going with Danielle for a girl. 

As an aside, as much as I like the name Philip, I feel like it's odd for them to have picked that name when it doesn't make a "p" sound. I felt the same way about Phoebe on Charmed. Seems like it breaks the spirit of having a letter theme. 

35 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

My guess for a girl is Divine spelled as Davine.  It reminds me now of the movie Pink Flamingos with the name. 

Divine Babs Waller, sounds like a winner to me.

32 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

At the risk of death bed lamentations here is all the D bible girl names. Delilah is already out for obvious reasons.

DAMARIS   f   Biblical, Biblical Greek
Probably means "calf, heifer, girl" from Greek δαμαλις (damalis). In the New Testament this is the name of a woman converted to Christianity by Saint Paul.

DEBORAH   f   English, Hebrew, Biblical
Means "bee" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament Book of Judges, Deborah is a heroine and prophetess who leads the Israelites when they are threatened by the Canaanites. She forms an army under the command of Barak, and together they destroy the army of the Canaanite commander Sisera. Also in the Old Testament, this is the name of the nurse of Rebecca.... [more]

DELILAH   f   Biblical, Biblical Hebrew, English
Means "delicate, weak, languishing" in Hebrew. In the Old Testament she is the lover of Samson, whom she betrays to the Philistines by cutting his hair, which is the source of his power. Despite her character flaws, the name began to be used by the Puritans in the 17th century. It has been used occasionally in the English-speaking world since that time.

Possibly means "palm grove" in Hebrew or Aramaic. In the Old Testament this is the name of a son of Joktan. In modern times it is also used as a feminine name.

DINAH   f   Biblical, Biblical Hebrew, English
Means "judged" in Hebrew. She is the daughter of Jacob and Leah in the Old Testament. It has been used as an English given name since after the Protestant Reformation.

DORCAS   f   Biblical
Derived from Greek δορκας (dorkas) meaning "gazelle". This is the Greek translation of the name Tabitha in the New Testament (see Acts 9:36).

DRUSILLA   f   Biblical, Ancient Roman, Biblical Latin
Feminine diminutive of the Roman family name DRUSUS. In Acts in the New Testament Drusilla is the wife of Felix.

Drusilla is out, too, she wasn't given a good mention in the bible. 

I think Dinah would also be out, because her story is too wrong even by fundie standards. 

I think TFDW is too smart to want to use Dorcas or Diklah. 

Deborah is definite, but I could see them using Damaris. 

Priscilla and Anna are so "lucky" compared to other fundie moms with their more reasonable fertility, even if they can't see it themselves. God might really give them only as much as they can handle if they have 6-7 kids with 2 year spacing each. But also girl D names are in short supply so I really really hope Pris keeps having boys. Well, Davia could use an exit buddy. So maybe 2 girls and 4-5 boys would be ideal haha. 

(Dana, Danielle, Doris, Deborah/Debra, Dina...none of which "go" with Davia except for Dina IMO)

Well, yes and no. Yes their pregnancies are more spaced out, but their births are picture perfect leaving them in better shape to have more in the long run. 

How about Daisy Sue for a girl?  I suspect they're not as concerned about biblical names for future helpmeets.

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Sweet Jesus, may no one ever damn his or her offspring with this monstrosity. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Priscus is male form of Priscilla 

All I can think of is the tropical fish "Discus," which might be suitable for a Waller boy (especially if he's the athletic type)

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Is there a name that means "pecan grove"?  I think we'd have a winner.

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

"Palm grove" could be tweaked for "palm groove."

Divine as Babs with Edith Massey as Edie, Babs' mother

I just watched a bit of Trixie Mattel doing a take-off of this skit on season 7 of Drag Race.  Trixie is my daughter's favorite drag queen and her tickets to see Trixie in Charlotte arrived in today's mail

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can totally see them picking out Danielle. It follows their pattern and since Priscilla's borthers name is Daniel it would also be a family name.

8 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Carry on from here:

75125815-F24D-409D-B7FA-54ACD27D1F8B.jpeg.76a6be8857c6f3f4e53e939b284e60fb.jpeg

Priscilla hasn’t announced another pregnancy, but that’s not enough to derail the speculation train. 

The three current children, Paul, Davia and Philip, look just like their parents, who look just like each other. 

The kids or TFDW and Prissy? TFDW and Prissy look like siblings.

I feel like Sue has to be a middle name since David's Mom is Susan and goes by Sue. And Prissy's Mom is Suzette. It would cover both moms in one middle name. 

And I'm not going to lie, Debbie Sue is a cute nickname if they decide on that name. 

They are a good looking family, the kids are cute, we aren't seeing obvious child abuse or neglect (yet, but God help one of those children if they are gay or trans). 

That said, I can't join the admiration. Active missionary work is repulsive to me. They aren't just teaching their children to hate, they are spreading it out in the world as far as they can fling that shit. Cute family selfies can't make me forget how awful their beliefs are. That whole cruise story was just one long cringe. 

I think the fact that they are so loving and cheerful with their kids will make it harder for the kids to leave.  I think we've seen that with the Duggars.  For all we discount M/JBs parenting one thing that they have done is to learn to not yell and scream at their kids and to manage them through regular check ins.  They act more like a kindly albeit strict boss than a parent but by encouraging their kids to confide in them it creates strong emotional/psychological attachments.  Also, by making the kids entire world revolve around their parents/family it creates such codependence that I can understand why we haven't seen any runners in many of these families. 

15 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Alas, Pecans are New World ("pecan" is from an algonquin word). If only pecans had existed in Judea...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived