IGNORED

Dillards 51: Making Play Look Complicated

Jellybean

I would love for Derick to explain why on earth they continued to participate in this reality TV show if they weren't being paid for their appearances. Please, Derick. Enlighten us.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I found this tweet particularly interesting. He had to have had insurance while at WalMart, right? Even with a high deductable/co-pays, they had no other real expenses other than gas and food at the time. I don't think this pertains to Sammy, since he's still only what,  8 months? But then, the way Derelict parses words, anything's possible, I suppose. 

Screenshot_20180307-210600.png.626a4719fe87519e3566ffbbfa6e4b65.png

wow Derick has some real gall to expect TLC to help pay the medical cost. which they probably did help with no matter what Derick says. we know they have paid for things for the Duggar's before heck if it wasn't for TLC they'd probably still be building the TTH

I'd like to know who wasn't paying his hospital bills when he had $12 grand laying around to waste on his bogus "ministry" program. There should have been plenty of TLC money laying around back then when the show was at its peak. Even if JB is holding the pursestrings for the married couples on Counting On, he should still have paid Jill handsomely for bringing almost 4 million pairs of eyeballs to the teevee to see her wedding. 

13 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I found this tweet particularly interesting. He had to have had insurance while at WalMart, right? Even with a high deductable/co-pays, they had no other real expenses other than gas and food at the time. I don't think this pertains to Sammy, since he's still only what,  8 months? But then, the way Derelict parses words, anything's possible, I suppose. 

Screenshot_20180307-210600.png.626a4719fe87519e3566ffbbfa6e4b65.png

Derrick's going to be the one to write the tell-all. Calling it now for bragging points.

Maybe Jim Bob will intervene if things get bad for Jill, I really hope he could bring her  and the boys back to the TTH.  I know that's not the  Fundy way but she is loved by them and JB is a control freak then Dwreck can go on a permanent missioncation!

bye bye Derick

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I'd like to know who wasn't paying his hospital bills when he had $12 grand laying around to waste on his bogus "ministry" program. There should have been plenty of TLC money laying around back then when the show was at its peak. Even if JB is holding the pursestrings for the married couples on Counting On, he should still have paid Jill handsomely for bringing almost 4 million pairs of eyeballs to the teevee to see her wedding. 

JB also should have changed the diapers of his 19 kids himself rather than making Jill do it. But he didn't, did he? I personally find it 100% believable that JB has been keeping all the money and not sharing with the married kids. As to why the married kids would keep appearing, maybe just to please their parents?

4 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Maybe Jim Bob will intervene if things get bad for Jill, I really hope he could bring her  and the boys back to the TTH.  I know that's not the  Fundy way but she is loved by them and JB is a control freak then Dwreck can go on a permanent missioncation!

bye bye Derick

she'll end up living in the girls dorm the way Josh did when he went away and the boys will go to the boys dorm and the Duggar's won't say anything about it and pretend that Jill is invisible. 

also nothing to do with Jill and Derick but Anna when Jessa gave Joy and Austin the something old new borrowed blue basket's  pregnant Anna was clearly visible and again on this week's episode we got a glimpse of a clearly pregnant Anna yet TLC is just going to pretend that never happened. they might want to edit better. 

If we look at all the Duggars and their in-laws, none of them have gone out to get jobs separate from Jim Bob businesses and without capital from Jim Bob. They are all comfortable taking things easy because they know they have Jim Bob to fall on as a cushion. Derick can have the luxury of playing missionary, Jeremy doesn’t have to worry about starving as a church plant pastor, and Ben can do whatever he wants like float between student, stay at home Dad, and JB employee.

4 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

If we look at all the Duggars and their in-laws, none of them have gone out to get jobs separate from Jim Bob businesses and without capital from Jim Bob. They are all comfortable taking things easy because they know they have Jim Bob to fall on as a cushion. 

This isn't really the case, though... Jeremy and Austin both seem to have jobs that are separate from Jim Bob. We don't know how much TLC money they get, or whether Jim Bob has given them any financial help, but their careers don't seem to depend on him. I'm not sure how much Jim Bob is actually willing (or able) to financially support all of these couples, anyway. I do think that people tend to overestimate both his net worth and his generosity...

I think JB trained Austin in flipping houses... @singsingsing.

Jeremy is the only one completely separate from JB. Many people in Jeremy’s role can’t get by on that full-time so we really don’t know how much help they have.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This isn't really the case, though... Jeremy and Austin both seem to have jobs that are separate from Jim Bob. We don't know how much TLC money they get, or whether Jim Bob has given them any financial help, but their careers don't seem to depend on him. I'm not sure how much Jim Bob is actually willing (or able) to financially support all of these couples, anyway. I do think that people tend to overestimate both his net worth and his generosity...

you know after I read the message you quoted I thought about it and I couldn't think of any. then I read your post and was like oh yeah Jeremy and austin. it seems my mind likes to forget those two in laws and only think of the early in laws and the Duggar boys. 

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I do think that people tend to overestimate both his net worth and his generosity...

Agreed! I mean when did the TLC show start? If he really intended to be generous to his daughters I imagine he would have hired a nanny back then rather than make his daughters raise his kids. I think most likely the couples do struggle significantly financially. I wonder if some get paid by TLC while others don't? Jeremy strong-arming JB to pay him while Austin loses out on a paycheck?

9 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think JB trained Austin in flipping houses..

I think Austin's dad trained him in flipping houses and had him help with building the camp and such from an early age. I doubt he picked up many (or any) actual skills directly from JB, but he probably still gets a lot of useless advice from him.

Also, Derrick seems to be in an irritable "explain myself to the world" mood right now. Anyone want to start asking him some  questions on social media and see what he'll say? Suggestions for questions to ask that have a high probability of him answering? (We know he won't answer anything that makes him look bad.)

Ahhhhh, so is that it?  D-wreck threw a hissy, got all indignant and projected his feelings on to Jazz and TLC because he demanded more pay/help with the bills and got a big fat NO.  I could see that.

Derick: "Why should that heathen boy ( I'm being Derdick here and using boy or he still makes me feel icky) get the same as my perfect one man, one woman covenant Christian marriage?  We're outta here TLC!!!11!!1!!"  

TLC: "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

D-wreck: *throws hissy and makes ass*

I'm not surprised Sam spent time in NICU.  I swear, that sweet pic of Jill and Sam.....I think it was the first....I saw, as many of us did, a sadness.  It was lovely but heavy somehow.  I hope all is well now.  He is squishy and so adorable.  I can't imagine Jill truly loving how her husband is behaving.  It's embarrassing and I've seen nothing from all the years of Jill being on TV to indicate she is hateful, would want to change lifestyles frequently or be angry loud all up in public like her husband. She wanted someone more like her dad and trusted her dad to help her find that with a tad of missioncation.  I picture her freaked but submitting and going with it. 

Jill is like a fish out of water with Derick now. In every picture she looks out of her element. She has no choice but to put up with his antics because she’s been trained to be codependent on him. I want the poor girl to make a couple best friends and have her sisters babysit while she takes some classes to get an associates, becomes a nursing assistant, and then can go to nursing school like she always dreamed. Maybe her SIL Deanna who has a job, can encourage her. I can dream of her doing this and that as she slowly gains her independence and becomes a nurse, she will leave Derick for a charming doctor/nurse/PA that will be good to her and the kids!

Also, the bottom line is that with the way things are headed south for Derick, they will need help. Jill has always been a harder worker than he is and if JB doesn’t rescue them, Jill may have to get a job. I can even see Derick pushing her to work like his mom did if things get real bad. I think a good option for her is to get an associates and work as a nursing assistant in labor & delivery. 

I don't think Derick is who Jill envisioned being married to, either. I think she wanted the cheerful conservative Christian missionary hippie Derick appeared to be when they were getting to know each other over Skype. I don't think it's that she expected or wanted a husband who doesn't believe all the same shit Derick does, but I don't think she expected or desired his personality, attitude, and actions. He comes across as so angry, bitter, and unstable. Jill, who has always seemed desperate for love and approval from those around her, must find this difficult to deal with. Thus all the #besthubbyever!!! stuff. Maybe I'm just reading way too much into it, but it comes across as so desperate and sad (and I mean sad sad, not sad pathetic).

1 hour ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Derrick's going to be the one to write the tell-all. Calling it now for bragging points.

Call me crazy but I think Derick is going to sue JB & Michelle one day for $$$ and that will be what breaks Jill.

He is fuming mad, off the rails arguing online, and stays away from the family a lot. Being outcasted from the filming, $$$, and attention will only drive him even more mad.

He used to be BFF prayer partners with JB and has gotten kicked off the show. He was not wanting to play JB’s game and by JB’s rules. JB also kicked them out of their fancy McMansions. I think that he encouraged Jill to wear pants, like his own mother does, to piss off Jim Bob and show him “I am the boss now”.

It's known *thing* on social media that if you present your life as so perfect, it's really either just "normal" or not good at all.  The combo of Jill's #besteverything and how not fun her pics look is.....something.  Definitely something.  Whatever that means,  IDK.  But, seems off.  I do not post pintrest perfect pics, ever.  But, one can tell we are genuinely having a good time and comfortable with each other without ridiculous #besteveruthing and mouth agape thing.  It's weird.

11 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Call me crazy but I think Derick is going to sue JB & Michelle one day for $$$ and that will be what breaks Jill.

He is fuming mad, off the rails arguing online, and stays away from the family a lot. Being outcasted from the filming, $$$, and attention will only drive him even more mad.

He used to be BFF prayer partners with JB and has gotten kicked off the show. JB also kicked them out of their fancy McMansions. I think that he encouraged Jill to wear pants, like his own mother does, to piss off Jim Bob and show him “I am the boss now”.

Maybe he'll encourage Jill to get a college degree to really stick it to JB?

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think Derick is who Jill envisioned being married to, either. I think she wanted the cheerful conservative Christian missionary hippie Derick appeared to be when they were getting to know each other over Skype. I don't think it's that she expected or wanted a husband who doesn't believe all the same shit Derick does, but I don't think she expected or desired his personality, attitude, and actions. He comes across as so angry, bitter, and unstable. Jill, who has always seemed desperate for love and approval from those around her, must find this difficult to deal with. Thus all the #besthubbyever!!! stuff. Maybe I'm just reading way too much into it, but it comes across as so desperate and sad (and I mean sad sad, not sad pathetic).

I agree. I think Jill thought things would go basically the way they had. They'd live in the mcManison, a missionation once or twice a year, tons of interviews, and still be around the TTH. She'd have her babies at home in perfect homebirths and handed each one off to sister-moms. She would basically move up into a role just like her mother. Get all the attention, interviews, perks and plus a perfect marriage like her mom did. She did not expect someone who had to go work on a regular bases or to be dragged off to CA for months on end. Definitely not kicked off the show that she really seemed to love being on. The angry, bitter man she's married too was not the man she expected or really the one she met in the beginning.     

8 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Maybe he'll encourage Jill to get a college degree to really stick it to JB?

ONLY if it means he can play missionary and virtual pastor He reminds me of JRod’s husband David, but meaner. I think he would prefer Jill to be the breadwinner if it meant he didn’t have to, but that’s just my own opinion for now. Derick will need to stop being so offensive and rude and adopt Jeremy’s charisma if he wants to gain a following.

Well, well, well. Derick is giving us a little insight here. I'm sure there was a contract and TLC held up their end. When Israel was born dumbass Derick assumed all would go well and probably didn't even bother to have health insurance. How presumptuous to assume that TLC would out of the goodness of their corporate hearts decide to compensate him above and beyond any contractual arrangement. 

Did Derrick mean TLC or Jim bob should pay medical treatments? 

This guy is seriously awful. He is having some major issues and needs to get help. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived