IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

22 hours ago, meee said:

I don't know whether to say "Poor Lydia" that she is being left out of the "sharing names with siblings" trend, or be happy that she's got at least a little individuality.

I've no doubt the Maxwells aren't worldly enough to know the reference, but the problem with Lydia is that it always reminds me of this:

("Lydia" starts at 0.55...)

Apparently there's a Muppets version too, among others.  Who knew? I guess I'm not that worldly either.  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the Muppets version:

Lydia does share a middle name with Susannah. Lydia’s birthday is March 23rd IIRC, and the anniversary of Susannah’s death is March 24th. They mentioned that on the blog when they announced Lydia’s name. 

On 3/8/2018 at 5:03 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:

I've no doubt the Maxwells aren't worldly enough to know the reference, but the problem with Lydia is that it always reminds me of this:

("Lydia" starts at 0.55...)

Apparently there's a Muppets version too, among others.  Who knew? I guess I'm not that worldly either.  

And then there's  "Lydia the Titus 2 Lady", tribute to our favorite tea-sipping fundy, courtesy of an FJ'er back in the Yuku days: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/freejinger/the-antidote-thread-homage-to-mel-brooks-t1390.html#p34014

• 4 weeks later...

Repeating names...In most Latino families, Maria is pretty damn common. Let's see, in my family alone, we have Maria de Caridad (Mary of Charity), Sylvia Maria, Juana Maria, Maria Carola, Vivian Maria, Carolina Maria, and the list goes on and on. The boy names that were popular in my family were Jose, Carlos and Alejandro. EVERY STINKING male had one, two or all three names. It happens. Its not a big deal. 

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Repeating names...In most Latino families, Maria is pretty damn common. Let's see, in my family alone, we have Maria de Caridad (Mary of Charity), Sylvia Maria, Juana Maria, Maria Carola, Vivian Maria, Carolina Maria, and the list goes on and on. The boy names that were popular in my family were Jose, Carlos and Alejandro. EVERY STINKING male had one, two or all three names. It happens. Its not a big deal. 

Same in Italian families, I have three uncles and a grandfather with the name Anthony in it and a brother with the same name...

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

Same in Italian families, I have three uncles and a grandfather with the name Anthony in it and a brother with the same name...

My friend's husband is Italian...they're all Vincenzo or Anthony. 

Archived