IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

1 minute ago, jiggleromp said:

So are we going to see the super amazing over head photoshoot with cookies spelling out the new blessings name....or did we wreck that?

Mwhahahhahahaa

We wrecked that. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's a perfectly lovely name and I think most would say so, if it weren't for the fact that Elizabeth is Ruthanne's middle name. 

12 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yes, it's a perfectly lovely name and I think most would say so, if it weren't for the fact that Elizabeth is Ruthanne's middle name. 

Creativity thy name is not Maxwell.

Both of my brothers have sons with the middle name Joseph, born within 3 weeks of one another. 

ETA: the second born of the two is a Jr, so Joseph is his father's middle name.

@Hane,  one of my husband's friends growing up was named Mario who had a sister, Angela.  When they had family over, the kids were all named Mario or Angela.

4 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I hate hate hate stenciled words on walls. I’d rather walk into someone’s house and see neon vomit and fecal matter than some “live love laugh” type shit.

I normally dont like stencil stuff on walls either, but my friend has a silhouette of 2 gals and a guy with the words "sex" and "drugs" on either side above his bed. 

With the name choice I can imagine Chris and NA didn't spend the full allotted time thinking of names when they chose Elizabeth Grace. But they probably still forced themselves to stay there at the table and pretend to look thoughtful so as to not waste precious Godly schedule time.

It's a nice name. It might show a lack of consideration and finesse towards other family members and a massive gaping hole where there their imaginations should be - at the very least pick up that bible you all profess to follow and pick a name that is a bit more original! - but I don't think any malice or stupidity was intended in their choice.

I got no snark.  Elizabeth is one of my daughter's middle name and I love it dearly.  We already know they aren't creative.

She's a gorgeous little bundle and Anna Marie is glowing as always.  I wish her a speedy recovery and lots of time in bed snuggling with that precious baby.

A lot of my cousins share middle names and it has never been a big deal at all. Middle names are often forgotten. I just think the Maxwells have never been taught to think outside the box so they are reusing a name they like. 

It's a perfectly normal name & they aren't the first to give kids shared names. 

I'd rather see a family with a bunch of shared/similar names than a family full of the trendy, stupidly spelled monstrosities people saddle their kids with. Elizabeth is classic.

I just wish she'd been a boy since they fare better in Maxhell than girls raised with one purpose.

Ruth Ann is a stunning child. Just like her mama-whose genes she got without Maxwell interference.

Anna was definitely born for her role as wife & mother. Shevdidn't need training or convincing, I'm sure. She glows. While I vehemently disagree with their lives & the way they raise kids, it's always good when you can see someone so clearly happy in their life. It's just too bad none of her daughters will share that glow by choosing what makes them that happy.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Oh, but it's a wonderful sharing of sisters' names!!  Hell, maybe Ruthanne thought up the name.

32 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@danvillebelle,  Elizabeth and Grace are the middle names of two of my daughters. Of my five daughters, only the last born doesn't have a family name in there somewhere.  

My daughter has one of those names as a middle name, as does my granddaughter. Our niece has the other name-LOL!

I REALLY like Elizabeth Grace  Elizabeth is a timeless name.  NR Anna looks like she was born for the life she’s living.

In my Catholic family, as well as my cousins’ families,  boys all had the middle name Joseph and girls Marie.  What really stood out was the family at my Catholic girls high school:  eight daughters, all of them Mary Something. Obviously they went by their middle names, which, thankfully, were not repeats. 

13 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Whats going on with Chris and Anna Marie’s dresser? It’s like the fluffy stuff you put out to make a snow scene. Surely she doesn’t still have Christmas decor out. 

Anna Marie apparently brought two things into her marriage: an unlimited supply of denim frumpers, and her childhood Precious Moments collection. The cotton batting is supposed to be clouds, I think. Most of the figurines were variations on the angel theme, if memory serves. 

I have nothing against the name Elizabeth, nor do I think it's weird for cousins to share middle names. But, it truly does seem odd to recycle a sibling name when you are just three daughters in. AM is likely to have at least another few daughters before her fertile years are through. If she recycles more names, that would be limiting and extremely weird. If she recycles no more names, that's just reinforcing the kick in the teeth to Ruthanne. On the other hand, Anna Marie did trot out a variation of her own first name for her first daughter, so perhaps it's traditional in her family. 

I had to look twice at the fluffy mirror. .at first I thought it was a bubble bath.

Anna looks bludy gawjuss!  Ruthie follows her in looks..just a model like child. 

I didn't notice how sad the two girls look in that photo until someone pointed it out. Now I can't see anything else.

Adele lyrics have made me seriously try to convince someone else to put other lyrics on as a comment..I can't think.of anything right now.

5 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I REALLY like Elizabeth Grace  Elizabeth is a timeless name.  NR Anna looks like she was born for the life she’s living.

In my Catholic family, as well as my cousins’ families,  boys all had the middle name Joseph and girls Marie.  What really stood out was the family at my Catholic girls high school:  eight daughters, all of them Mary Something. Obviously they went by their middle names, which, thankfully, were not repeats. 

That's what Empress Maria Theresa did with her kids. All the girls were Maria Whatever: Maria Elisabeth (2 of them, first one died at age 3), Maria Anna, Maria Christina, Maria Carolina (3 of them because the first two died in infancy), Maria Amalia, Maria Johanna, Maria Josepha, and Maria Antonia (whom you might know better as Marie Antoinette). 

JFC. Am I the only one who thinks NR Anna looks....fine? Like...she looks ok. She’s flushed as usual....her daughters are wearing frumpers...she looks fine.

Bet they thought it was a boy and that's why we got no cookie name picture. Cute name even though it's Ruthie's middle name... At least it's not heistheway. Btw, Ruthie looks nothing like NR-Anna, she has full lips and a cute little nose... Actually, I think she favors the Maxwells, I see a resemblance between her and Bethany (and Bethie looks like Nathan).

Liz Grace looks exactly like Lydia did as a baby.

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Anna Marie apparently brought two things into her marriage: an unlimited supply of denim frumpers, and her childhood Precious Moments collection. The cotton batting is supposed to be clouds, I think. Most of the figurines were variations on the angel theme, if memory serves

Precious Moments figurines creep me out, to be honest.  Those weird eyes, I guess.  Now, I have a pretty nice collection of snowglobes, but those are in my living room.  I don't know anyone who puts stuff like that on their dresser--I have my jewelry box, eyeglass holder, small lamp, etc.  I suppose putting those figurines up the keeps them out of the reach of the kiddos.

The baby was born at 4am. Whoever got the other kids up & dressed went through the effort to match the girls and do their hair with giant bows. 

Do they every get to hang out in their pajamas? I mean, mom just had a damn baby, she's in bed & has to have at least a minimum amount of recovery time - but appareantly, the girls dare not be left uncoiffed. It seems so odd to me. Even if the pics were much later in the day - but given the time of the post, it was still morning. 

Don't most fundies go against hanging out in pajamas/lounge wear? That would be awful, I love just putting on sweatpants at the end of the day. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Don't most fundies go against hanging out in pajamas/lounge wear? That would be awful, I love just putting on sweatpants at the end of the day. 

I'm a bit of a stickler about putting on at least mascara when I go out, even just for some groceries, and I could not imagine a life where I couldn't put on my comfiest sweatpants and rattiest sweatshirt that can't be worn in public after coming home from work.

I'm the oldest girl grandchild on both sides of my family. Of six other families, FIVE of them had a daughter with the middle name Jean, which is my middle name. The family without a Jean had only boys. One family had a "Gene" and a "W" Jean.

It happens, the name borrowing. Meh.

They were in pyjamas when they met Daniel. Lydia even had bedhair going on! 52B255DE-FC27-4DD7-AA16-C8FB59C40799.thumb.jpeg.a7dc1d4c01b6104cd8c192f5a0c07e21.jpeg

Archived