IGNORED

Anna Marie had the baby: Elizabeth Grace is here

anjulibai

Anna had the baby, Elizabeth Grace.

I don't get why they picked that name. Elizabeth is Ruthanne's middle name. 

Oh, and Grace is Calia's middle name. Not so bad for cousin's to share middle names, but I think it's very odd and they used her sister's middle name as a first name. 

Oh, and why use the name of Joseph's ex-fiance? Seriously, it was not nice when they used it for a middle name, it's really not nice for a first name.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty odd that they'd reuse one of their kids' middle names as another's first name, even putting aside Joseph's ex-fiance. There were more than enough biblical names left for them to choose from...

Just now, gameofunbeknowns said:

Less than a day old and what they hope most is that she is “obedient.” 

Gross.

Your location is one of my favourite Maxwell moments ever. 

As the post states, Elizabeth means "consecrated to God". That's a very Maxwellian reason to use it!

They don't have a name theme beyond Biblical, and many of the more usual Biblical girls' names were already in use (I'm guessing that middle names don't count in that sense). Lydia also has the same middle name as Susannah did. 

I agree, they could have used something like Miriam or Rebecca (obv taking inspiration from Zsu here).

I don't know. The Maxwells are a law unto themselves. They don't go too unusual with their names (I don't see NR-Anna naming a future son Boaz, for example).

There's plenty of names they could have used besides one they had already used. Deborah, Tabitha, Naomi, Rebecca, Esther, Hannah, Priscilla, Joanna, all perfectly nice names. 

I think most of the Maxwells have little imagination. They just seem to go with the same old same old. That's a big reason why they are so fucking boring. 

Calia threw me for a loop since it was a bit of thinking outside the Maxwell box. I'm hoping for something like that for Calia's little sibling.

I think Chelsy might think a bit out of the Maxwell box when it comes to names. 

Everyone looks pleased except the girls. It's like Ruthie and Lydia are sad because they know it sucks to be born female in Maxhell.

IMG_7164.PNG

36 minutes ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

@singsingsing haha. Good ole Adele. Truly one of the best moments in FJ history.

Now I need the story.

Also add me to the list that thinks it's weird to reuse names like this.

More names, because now I'm annoyed they did this: Chloe, Claudia, Lois, Judith, Ada, and Junia. 

They could also have picked a feminine form of any number of male names: Petra/Peta, Paula/Pauline, Michaela/Michelle, etc. 

For the record, Elizabeth is a perfectly lovely name. Just so silly to use it more than once. 

A new Maxwell has arrived - 9 lbs 5 oz, that's a big ole baby!  Glad she had no trouble with the homebirth, though she certainly looks exhausted. Daniel and Joshua look identical.

Poor baby already has a huge bow on her head within hours of birth.

DSC_5769-1020x576.jpg

DSC_5799-425x284.jpg

33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Now I need the story.

Also add me to the list that thinks it's weird to reuse names like this.

During the Elizabeth and joe fiasco someone made this comment on the Maxwell blog:

Adele on August 14, 2012 at 3:09 pm said:

Sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes it hurts instead. Praying for you all.

Rolling in the deep well of His mercy,

Adele

its discussed here: 

If having a biblical based name make you so much more godly, where does that leave Teri?

and that means Christopher must be named after Christ so he’s way above the rest of them. 

Whats going on with Chris and Anna Marie’s dresser? It’s like the fluffy stuff you put out to make a snow scene. Surely she doesn’t still have Christmas decor out. 

The biggest positive for the name Elizabeth is the many nicknames that can come from it. That way she won't be so associated with her older sister's middle name. She could be Liz, Lizzie, El, Ellie, Eliza, but not Beth or Betsy because I think they might call bethany those nicknames. But Betty might be ok. I admit I might call the baby Betty Grace since it would be so darn cute. 

At first, I didn't think too much of reusing the names, but then I realized the girls in this family don't even get to keep their own name for themselves. Plenty of biblical boy names to go around, though. :pb_rollseyes: On a lighter note, NR Anna looks gorgeous, as usual.

Sadly, I don't have any doubt that NR Anna and Prissy train their kids in a very strict way. So poor Elizabeth. 

15 minutes ago, terranova said:

I suspect Christopher and Anna have even less imagination that his brothers.

Well, we know that Christopher isn't the most sparkly of the Maxwells, and NR Anna probably just follows his lead. 

Interesting that Sarah is the one staying behind and helping with childcare. I would have been less surprised if it had been Anna or Mary. They always seem much more engaged with the younger kids.

Archived