IGNORED

Jinjer 37: The Joys of Pregnancy

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Last up in the old thread was old wives tales of pregnancy.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if Jinjer will announce the sex or keep it private?

I bet they'll have some gender reveal BS on the show. That seems almost too interesting of a plot line for Counting On though.

:happy-smileyflower::happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::pb_lol:

Does he plan these sermons as digs against Jim Bob or do they just happen?  I think he plans them.

21 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Can someone tell us what Jeremy is saying in the story? I can't watch a video right now, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious.

He says that Christianity isn’t about just going to church, going to a Christian school, not saying certain words, or following a list of rules.

Someone on the last thread said that your index finger length told you the gender of your baby - this is completely false. Women have longer index fingers and men have longer ring fingers because of the exposure to either oestrogen or testosterone when you were in the womb. It has nothing to do with with your first born's gender. I think that professor was wacko!

26 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

He says that Christianity isn’t about just going to church, going to a Christian school, not saying certain words, or following a list of rules.

And I’m sure the Duggars would say exactly the same thing. These people are expert hypocrites. If I had a dime for every time I heard a conservative evangelical Christian say exactly that, but completely contradict the sentiment in pretty much all their actions, words, religious and political activities, I’d be rich.

11 hours ago, FundaMental said:

Someone on the last thread said that your index finger length told you the gender of your baby - this is completely false. Women have longer index fingers and men have longer ring fingers because of the exposure to either oestrogen or testosterone when you were in the womb. It has nothing to do with with your first born's gender. I think that professor was wacko!

I'm a woman and I have a longer ring finger.  So that says to me it's more of a genetic crapshoot.

38 minutes ago, Nargus said:

I'm a woman and I have a longer ring finger.  So that says to me it's more of a genetic crapshoot.

Well, one of my ring fingers is longer than the index finger and one is shorter.  I am not an XXY because I have birthed Wychling.  Next!!

1 hour ago, Nargus said:

Mine are just about the same length. (I'm a woman and a mom of 2 kids.) One finger will look longer than the other sometimes, depending on how I'm holding my hand. I think a good scientist would admit that they're still figuring out a lot of things.

I have a longer ring finger and my first was a girl so that is not true for me. 

I identify as gender queer though but I am not attracted to women but a quite masculine person rather than feminine even though I was born with a uterus. Being pregnant was very hard for me mentally, I felt way too womanly and hated the look of my belly. I love my kids and I am glad to be a mother but if anyone had told me that pregnancy was going to be this hard for me I would not have had kids. The second one was better but still very unnatural. I am the first girl after three brothers so testosterone exposure seems reasonable to me as an explanation to why I am like this. 

16 hours ago, FundaMental said:

I wonder how the prof explains women having boys AND girls.

16 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Sometimes he sounds alright.  Then I remember he's still a bigot. :(

I have to take the maximum available prescription dose of an anti heart burn medication without being pregnant. It just got worse when I was pregnant and my daughter had a little bit of hair. My doctor and I both decided that continuing to take the medication while I was pregnant was the best option for me but the judgement from other women was annoying. Even then I had to supplement with Tums. Fun times. I also had to be on a continuous dose of antibiotics because I was getting recurring UTI’s and people still offered their opinions. 

Heartburn—no kids. I guess if I ever do, that kids going to come out with a mane like Fabio’s. :pb_lol:

IMO, those who carry high experience more heartburn. To quote Jinger, "The Law of Physics."

I carried both of mine up towards my throat- both were posterior presentations (Lucky me), c-sections, and I had mega heartburn both times.

I have a super long torso. It's where all of my height is (not that there is much to begin with) and fortunately that means that pregnancy does not bring baby all the way up to my ribs. I still have a more heartburn than usual, but nothing a few tums doesn't help. Of course the opposite of that is how low I carry and how uncomfortable that is for my pelvis.

DS has always had an exceptional amount of hair and I've already had to trim some of it out of his eyes at 14mos. It's grown into a natural pageboy at this point, but I can't bear to give him a haircut. I'm often found affectionately petting that soft baby hair. I recently found a picture of my husband at age two with shoulder length hair, so I'm using it as leverage in case anyone comes for my baby with scissors.  

1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

I have a super long torso. It's where all of my height is (not that there is much to begin with) and fortunately that means that pregnancy does not bring baby all the way up to my ribs. I still have a more heartburn than usual, but nothing a few tums doesn't help. Of course the opposite of that is how low I carry and how uncomfortable that is for my pelvis.

DS has always had an exceptional amount of hair and I've already had to trim some of it out of his eyes at 14mos. It's grown into a natural pageboy at this point, but I can't bear to give him a haircut. I'm often found affectionately petting that soft baby hair. I recently found a picture of my husband at age two with shoulder length hair, so I'm using it as leverage in case anyone comes for my baby with scissors.  

Love baby hair... I almost cried when I started to notice my son's hair started to turn into more adult hair. My son has long hair too and I am torn about cutting it or keeping it long. I kept my daughter's hair pretty short until she asked to get to have long hair and my plan was to keep his semi-long too but I have started to see how cute he would be in a shorter style. I have decided to wait until summer to make a decision. 

I have a really short torso with no waist at all. My ribs literally end where my pelvis begins. I never thought what that would mean if I got pregnant. :pb_confused: Hopefully I'll never find out.

9 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I have a really short torso with no waist at all. My ribs literally end where my pelvis begins. I never thought what that would mean if I got pregnant. :pb_confused: Hopefully I'll never find out.

Mine too.. I thought it was normal D: 

My boyfriend on the other hand is all torso. He's 6'4", I'm 5'6". My inseam is 2" longer than his. Car shopping is especially difficult for him. His head reaches the roof in a lot of cars. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived