IGNORED

Josh, Anna and the Ms 16: The sins of our fathers

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

However, I can't go light on him as an adult. I don't understand how every somewhat positive post in the JinJer thread (just for example) is expected to include a disclaimer on how Jeremy still preaches hate and strict definitions of what constitutes Jinger being "free" or not, yet over here, Josh's personality is discussed more frequently on the levels of whether he is hypocritcal, dangerous, worthy of pity, etc.

Jeremy still tends to be viewed in a generally positive light. He hasn't had any scandals. He's handsome, stylish, more 'worldly', charismatic, and the perception that he 'rescued' Jinger still persists. I think in his case, reminders of his shittiness are necessary. Whereas with Josh, no one needs to be reminded how shitty he is. He's generally hated. He's a hypocrite, a scumbag, a molester, a cheater, a douche, etc. I think it's pretty natural that conversations about Josh tend to swing toward 'what made this douchebag such a douche and is he to be pitied at all for it?' while conversations about Jeremy tend to be more along the lines of, 'Yes, he's good-looking and thinks drinking wine is okay and Jinger dresses like a yuppie now, but his church runs gay conversion therapy and he regularly spews nonsense about Catholics and Jewish people.'

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@nickelodeon @carm_88 @singsingsing (I'm having trouble tagging right now, sorry if this doesn't work). Those are all good points. I think that, to me, most of what makes the Duggar men despicable are these things (bigotry) they all have in common and I do sometimes think focus on that has been taken off of Josh. It makes sense that he may be less of a dangerous public influence now though. 

That said, I still think it's completely possible that the Duggars may try to re-introduce Josh to public eye, although that chance seems slimmer and slimmer as time goes on. 

29 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

That said, I still think it's completely possible that the Duggars may try to re-introduce Josh to public eye, although that chance seems slimmer and slimmer as time goes on.

I totally expect this to happen. I still believe they're just biding their time until they can re-emerge with a redemption tour. I could see Josh and Anna co-writing a book about how their marriage survived. I can imagine a lot of people are encouraging them to do something like that, and I cannot imagine that Josh is going to be content selling used cars in silent disgrace for the rest of his life. He's got way too much pride.

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

Oh I think that they will eventually re-introduce Josh. It will be a slow process but it will be done nonetheless. Josh won't be content to be out of the spotlight. 

They've already begun, imo. We've seen more of him in 2017 than we did in 2016. It'll be a gradual process, but eventually they're get there. I agree with whoever said there will be a book, and much talk about Mason being a key component in restoring their marriage. 

Add me to those who don't pity Josh.  If it wasn't for the molestation then yes I'd pity him. But its there and he molested five girls. I blame Josh and I blame his parents for not doing anything after learning of the first one. They did nothing and he managed to molest four more girls. I can't really blame his messed up beliefs for it because he ended up benefiting from the messed up beliefs. Molestation isn't his fault. Gothard teaches that its the victims fault. He spent a few months away from home, his parents covered it up, his sisters had to accept his apology and that was it. He got to continue to be treated like the golden son, went on TV and held up as example while becoming more and more smug. He didn't act like someone who learned his lesson and was sorry for what he did. He accused others of being molesters. If anything he was taught nothing is his fault. That he can do anything he wants and nothing is his fault. I really think he believes that. Cheating isn't his fault either its his wife's fault and that of the entire Ashley Madison site for tempting him, luring him.              

I hope Josh realizes deep down in his nasty little soul how wrong he was but these people think they don't need to self-examine because .... Jesus,  I still hope he does though.  Journey of the heart be damned.

Josh honestly believes the sun shines out of his bum and that he is entitled.

He's an example of someone who never learns.

When Josh was dating Anna and defending the chaperone concept he talked about how many couples had premarital sex and how it was so high it was “staggering”. They were not going to be like the immoral heathens. His smarmy ass was talking about how he was so much better than everyone else when he had the molestations in his past. That’s only a part of what I can’t stand about him. 

Their 10 year marriage anniversary is this year. If they don’t try to parlay that into some sort of redemption arc, I’ll be very surprised. 

Josh was a sick young man. Being raised by Boob and Mechelle was awful, but that in and of itself did not result in molesting his sisters. I still have a hard time generating sympathy for him because of his cowardly behavior as a grown man, and how he has treated Anna.

I was subject to child sexual abuse not by either of my brothers but by my stepfather. Despite not liking the Duggars at all, I will always have sympathy for the Duggar sisters and the unnamed victim because of what Josh did to them. No child (or human for that matter) should have to endure being violated in this way. Undoubtedly, it messed with their heads as my abuse messed with mine.

That said, the lawsuits had the unintended effect of making the abuse a current topic of discussion and drawing unwanted attention to past events. Surely, wounds were opened. JB and Mechelle should have warned them that this would happen, but once again they failed miserably as parents.  

There was no way to even indicate where the molestation took place without it being clear that the sisters were the victims. My abuser was not brought to justice in his lifetime, so  I never had to face possible unauthorized disclosure of my abuse. But I sympathize with the sisters losing their choice in the matter when the legal system was finally involved. It's just a giant clusterfuck all the way around.  

The Federal agency I work for has very strict FOIA protocols, with several levels of review required before anything is released. And we don't deal with anything nearly as sensitive as child sexual abuse (mostly dry contractual matters). Arkansas could take this as an opportunity to improve its FOIA procedures to better protect the privacy of child victims. I hope the Duggars campaign for change in this area.

4 hours ago, viii said:

They've already begun, imo. We've seen more of him in 2017 than we did in 2016. It'll be a gradual process, but eventually they're get there. I agree with whoever said there will be a book, and much talk about Mason being a key component in restoring their marriage. 

Anna popping back up on Instagram is a step too, imo. That feels intentional to me. 

16 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

His smarmy ass was talking about how he was so much better than everyone else when he had the molestations in his past. 

And adultery in his future! I wonder how early he decided to cheat on Anna. His first Ashley Madison account was registered before they even moved to DC.

I wonder if for their 10th anniversary they'll replay Josh singing "I will be faithful to you" to Anna... 

On 19.3.2018 at 9:22 PM, viii said:

I agree with whoever said there will be a book, and much talk about Mason being a key component in restoring their marriage. 

There will be a book or a new blog around the 10th anniversary and yes, Mason will somewhat be in the middle of this. Poor child.

The saddest part is that they will make money out of this mess (I can totally see a lot of people being interested in whatever piece of crap they'll try to sell) and the ones that will really suffer are the kids.

On 3/19/2018 at 2:20 PM, singsingsing said:

Jeremy still tends to be viewed in a generally positive light. He hasn't had any scandals. He's handsome, stylish, more 'worldly', charismatic, and the perception that he 'rescued' Jinger still persists. I think in his case, reminders of his shittiness are necessary. Whereas with Josh, no one needs to be reminded how shitty he is. He's generally hated. He's a hypocrite, a scumbag, a molester, a cheater, a douche, etc. I think it's pretty natural that conversations about Josh tend to swing toward 'what made this douchebag such a douche and is he to be pitied at all for it?' while conversations about Jeremy tend to be more along the lines of, 'Yes, he's good-looking and thinks drinking wine is okay and Jinger dresses dresses Jinger like a yuppie now, but his church runs gay conversion therapy and he regularly spews nonsense about Catholics and Jewish people.'

FTFY!

Please.The new! improved! Jinger is his Creation. He scored a pretty pliable bride from an elite family that only helps the image he is striving to create.

On 21/03/2018 at 8:31 AM, ophelia said:

There will be a book or a new blog around the 10th anniversary and yes, Mason will somewhat be in the middle of this. Poor child.

The saddest part is that they will make money out of this mess (I can totally see a lot of people being interested in whatever piece of crap they'll try to sell) and the ones that will really suffer are the kids.

And I'll bet my house that he will, in some way, shape or form, go into ministry. At the very least he'll tour around the country telling of his redemption. Maybe he'll go back into religious-based political activism. He's so broken... But soooooo healed! Fundies do love a good sinner-turned-straight-and-narrow story. 

Investigation files should be protected from disclosure, but the interview notes were taken as Incident or Offense Reports, and due to the statute of limitations, were not part of any investigation file. I hope that Arkansas State Court follows the federal lead and chucks Josh's lawsuit.

I didn’t realize Christian Fundamentalists did this. There won’t be any Easter bunny or baskets for the kiddos for sure.

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

the M's did a palm sunday play. 

My mind went right to The Wire.  Omar's coming!

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I didn’t realize Christian Fundamentalists did this. There won’t be any Easter bunny or baskets for the kiddos for sure.

I doubt Easter bunny but I could see them each getting a little basket with some candy and religious children's book

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived