IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

I have heard the phrase "Birth control is the mother of abortion," claiming that once women could plan when(and whether)to have children, killing them in the womb was only a slippery slope away.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

It took me 7 years to get my bachelor's degree, going to school full time. Transfering schools every 2 years is a bitch. (Thanks, Army, for keeping us moving.) 

And LOL FOR DAYS at Lori teaching anyone how to love their husband or kids. Bitch wouldn't know love if it bit her on her skinny ass.

I have neither been married nor do I have any children. I would not give advice on how to make a marriage work or how to raise children. However, I guarantee I would still offer much better advice on both than Lori and Ken. I think nearly everyone on here, whether they are married or not or regardless of whether or not they had any children would offer better advice to both. Not because I think we know so much about something we never experienced, but because we know that every answer to an issue with a child isn't to spank more and harder and any marriage tips wouldn't be to just submit and everything will be okay. Also, most people here have the ability to empathize with another's plight. Something that Lori is either unwilling or incapable of doing. 

Lori today:

"I am one of the “most anti-feminist 21st century woman”"

This is so cringe inducing. She's really trying hard to go viral, isn't she? Did you know that she went viral? Well, she did go viral. Viral is what she went.

Lori's post today = another desperate attempt to go viral and "make a name for herself in cyberspace".  

The result?  Glad you asked.  2 comments on the blog (over 7 hours after posting),  1 comment on Facebook,  18 likes (out of the 35,816 people who "like" TTW FB page), and 12 shares (not sure how many were sharing it because they agree, or sharing it because they think she's bats).  Either way, VIRAL it DID NOT GO!

She is so bored she posted a photo of her bath tub on instragram. Pointing how that it slopes in the back so you can relax.  She claims other tubs don't to that. Looking standard to me. Is she trying to show off here..look at my fancy dancy tub that slopes.

Oh the pain of having a bath that doesn't slope back. #firstworldproblems

She needs a plant or something decorative in one of the corners there, it looks too bland and boring. Just like Lori.

And where's the soap? Does she put it away after each use? That's taking dislike of clutter a little too far, imo. This isn't House Hunters, Lori, it's real life. You can leave the soap out. And maybe a towel. 

9 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Wow, That caption is poorly written. 

Do you see how the back slopes so we can lay comfortably back when taking a bath?

She should use "lie" instead of "lay." Plus, the "we" gave me an icky mental image of her and Ken. I SO wish she had said "I." :brainbleach:

I love baths so does my mom and sisters.

This is a fused sentence, and the word I bolded should be "do," not "does."

#bathsarethebest

I thought organic was the best. Or Norwex. Or large nourishing salads. Or modesty. Or staying home. 

I wish Lori would shut up.

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

She needs a plant or something decorative in one of the corners there, it looks too bland and boring. Just like Lori.

And where's the soap? Does she put it away after each use? That's taking dislike of clutter a little too far, imo. This isn't House Hunters, Lori, it's real life. You can leave the soap out. And maybe a towel. 

It probably looks like that because the maid was just there. It sure isn't Lori scrubbing that tub!

1 minute ago, Evangeline said:

It probably looks like that because the maid was just there. It sure isn't Lori scrubbing that tub!

Silly me, how could I possibly have imagined that LORI is the one keeping that tub so tidy. :laughing-rolling:

4 minutes ago, molecule said:

She should use "lie" instead of "lay." Plus, the "we" gave me an icky mental image of her and Ken. I SO wish she had said "I." :brainbleach:

I got the same image. Pass the bleach this way, please! :my_sick:

Well, colour me fascinated, Lori. 

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Silly me, how could I possibly have imagined that LORI is the one keeping that tub so tidy. :laughing-rolling:

I got the same image. Pass the bleach this way, please! :my_sick:

For that matter, you don't say, "It must be a hereditary thing!" You say, "It must be hereditary!" 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So we're treated to a picture of where the lizard woman scrapes her scales and warms her cold-blooded body. Hooray. So compelling.

Bless her.  She's rubbing it in her fans' faces, how rich she is.  :pb_lol:  Too bad it's a really outdated looking 90's affair.  Show me a claw-foot tub that has some color (and damn soap) around it.  Then maybe I'll be impressed.  Until then, no thanks.  But tell your maid that she did a nice job cleaning it! 

Side note- That paint job is super boring, and why does she have something framed directly beside the tub???  Does she need scripture next to the bath, to let people know how "godly" she is?

Getting sociological here--People who study how folks get sucked into extremist groups tend to find that it's often a process of doors closing behind you. Maybe you join a partisan activist group, say Right to Life or (back in the day) SDS. You get used to that ideology and participate in some actions, and then something or someone moves you to take a harder line action. Doing that leads to a break with your more moderate family or friends, so you spend your time with harder core people. That leads to a more extreme action, which closes another door, and you may no longer trust or talk to anyone outside the group. That's one way a fairly mainstream anti-abortion believer or antiwar activist could end up bombing a clinic or a ROTC building.

I'm wondering if Lori, with her absolute inability to tolerate dissenting views, is taking her platforms farther and farther into looneyland so that she reduces that chance that anyone who isn't on her crazy train will even bother to respond. Then she can have the perfect hermetically sealed world she seems to need. If so, I wonder if she's doing it on purpose or it just comes naturally.

ps--That tub looks cramped to me. Could you really stretch out in it? We only have a shower, so maybe I've just forgotten how they work.

9 hours ago, molecule said:

Her LinkedIn profile looks like it's old and neglected. It's an older picture of her rather than the one she uses now, and it doesn't mention her book at all. Or her viral post.

My favorite part is the "no endorsements yet" bit:

image.png.fd79a7681ef1d4c924ef45c48313fda9.png

Maybe once she sees this here, she'll ask her fans to write endorsements for her LinkedIn as soon as they're done gushing about her book that they haven't read.

I'm sure Lindy will jump right away to write an endorsement for her Queen Lori.

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

ps--That tub looks cramped to me. Could you really stretch out in it? We only have a shower, so maybe I've just forgotten how they work.

No, it looks cramped to me as well.  I just have a plain old garden variety tub (mine isn't "sloped" or godly, like I'm sure Lori's is), and I still have a lot more leg room.  Of course, it's wasted on me, because I am 5 ft. with my shoes on. I *think* based on pictures, that Lori is on the taller side.  She's definitely taller than her mom and daughter.  I can't imagine how she could use that thing as a soaker. 

Whatever...I don't think the sloped tub was ever the point.  It was definitely a "look what I've got!" to all of her struggling readers.  :roll:  It could use an update, though.  

:pb_lol: And now I am wondering how Lori will try to sabotage her bathroom, so Ken will have to remodel it.  

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

And now I am wondering how Lori will try to sabotage her bathroom, so Ken will have to remodel it.  

Maybe she can poke holes in it? 

I had a wonderful soaking tub in the last house. It was huge. I'm 5'5" on a good day...and had PLENTY of room to stretch out. Our next house will have the mac daddy tub with the shelf next to it, the bath bombs, the big fuzzy towels. I'll live in that bitch! I found online the absolute BEST stuff to clean bathtubs, I mean, this shit WORKS! 1 part Dawn citrus dishwashing liquid, 1 part white vinegar. Warm up the vinegar a bit (like pee warm), add it to the dishwashing liquid in a squirt bottle. Swirl the ingredients around (don't shake it, the bubbles...). DAMN...the shit works. Cuts soap scum like a knife. 

**I reserve the right to be a bit incoherent today, had the RFA on my lower back this morning. They give GOOD drugs for sedation!

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Too bad it's a really outdated looking 90's affair.  Show me a claw-foot tub that has some color (and damn soap) around it.  Then maybe I'll be impressed.

Oh, good, I'm not the only one who thought that! (I'm aware it's super BEC but, seriously, it's just a regular tub. It's how most every tub that's not a combo tub/shower looks like.)

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

I have heard the phrase "Birth control is the mother of abortion," claiming that once women could plan when(and whether)to have children, killing them in the womb was only a slippery slope away.

So the gist of that phrase is basically once they give women some control over their bodies, they'll want more control over their bodies? :pearlclutching: But, seriously, regardless of a person's views on abortion, it's sad to me that many people view sexual education and contraception access as detrimental when these things go hand-in-hand with decreased abortion rates! 

Posting pictures of bathtubs and trying to garner attention online. Can we tell she's freshly back from her daughter's?! The woman has NOTHING to do. 

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Bless her.  She's rubbing it in her fans' faces, how rich she is.  :pb_lol:  Too bad it's a really outdated looking 90's affair.  Show me a claw-foot tub that has some color (and damn soap) around it.  Then maybe I'll be impressed.  Until then, no thanks.  But tell your maid that she did a nice job cleaning it! 

Side note- That paint job is super boring, and why does she have something framed directly beside the tub???  Does she need scripture next to the bath, to let people know how "godly" she is?

C'mon Koala, you are being mean.  She had to clean up all those broken wine glasses and burn marks from the candles before she took this photo.  She worked hard.

Did you know she had a post that went viral?  Please pass this on to those who don't know it.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived