IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

Couple of things.  

Raising children would be the most difficult and most challenging thing in the world for me.  I'm happy to read that some people come by it naturally.

I've always had friends but the constant in my life for the most part was my animals.  I loved them like children.  That said, as much as I grieved their loss and how devastated I felt, I can't imagine comparing the loss of an animal to the loss of a child.

JMO.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think civilization breaks down because...of people like Lori.  There is no cookie-cutter approach to what is best for everyone.  It amazes me that some people can only see things one way, when there are so many ways to make things work.  I work with medically fragile kids.  This means thinking outside the box is the norm.  And yes, I work outside the home, our kids to go to parochial school (our choice), and I believe everyone should make choices based on what works for them.  I worked evenings, my hubby worked days to cut down on daycare costs.  As long as you're being a decent human being...you do you.

4 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Lori has a linkedin profile, like all professionals

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lori-alexander-064b6418/

Shit. I can’t see it as am not on LinkedIn. And I dare not ask my husband to search her. Can a screenshot be provided?  I did see that her job title is ‘mentoring women’. What a fucking hypocrite.

Here are her “skills”:

7615FDE2-B44C-4CFD-A57E-1DA5FB719C66.thumb.png.5aa8c37edcef5f2b27eaf34443740f1f.png

I attempted to join LinkedIn once but it somehow fucked up and I can’t make it work. 

This is the perfect point for me to add my customary LORI IS BATSHIT comment.

She lists California State University Northridge along with Westmont College in her education section. I laughed at that because she has trashed public colleges so much in the past and praised her Christian college. I know she admitted to taking classes at junior college years later. But, she has never mentioned the three years(1980-1983) she spent at CSUN. She has no endorsements and doesn't list any of her past churches or current church in a volunteer history. Her years of teaching in public schools aren't listed in any way.  I have seen people who have endorsements for volunteer experiences/projects. I bet Lori has probably burned bridges with pastors and church administrators that they will not endorse her on LinkedIn and she might know that she really can't link to churches for references.

I wonder if Lori set up that LinkedIn page as a way of creating more "professional" social media presence in hopes of getting speaking gigs at churches. Without endorsements from professional or organization connections and no volunteer history listed she doesn't look attractive to churches or other organizations. Lori doesn't list any of her blogs on that profile.

I'm surprised Lori even bothered with LinkedIn since so many ebil working women use that either to connect with others in their fields or in some cases unemployed women seeking jobs set up profiles there for endorsements and other connections. You would think Lori would be complaining about all those women using LinkedIn to take away jobs from men.

I haz a confuse.  I can't figure out her timeline

Lori went to college for 4 years (1976 - 1980) and then 3 more years at CSUN (1980 - 1983) to get her teaching credential.  So she went to college for 7 years total???   Did her dad or Ken pay for those 3 extra years?

Did she begin teaching in 1983 after she got her credential? Or in 1980 when she graduated college?

What exactly was she doing for 3 years to get her teaching credential? Was it taking classes or teaching under a supervisory teacher or a mix of both?

When did she and Ken get married?  Were they married while she was at CSUN?

How long were they before married  before Alyssa was born?  We know she taught for 2 years after Alyssa was born -- was she teaching before her birth?  

In college I got my teaching credential, as did everyone else who did it,  by taking the 21 hours (7 classes)  in education theory and then did a 12 week teaching practicum -- known in my day as "student teaching".  I taught 4 classes at the local high school under 4 different supervisory teachers.  The rest of the school day you were observing other teachers.  You also had to attend the teachers' meeting and sponsor all the activities your supervising teachers did.  At the time student teaching was your entire course load for that quarter of school.  You didn't take any other course work.

Back then getting your teaching credential was part of your undergraduate course work. You had to figure out how to take the 7 education classes and do the student teaching in addition to your required classes in your major and minor --  and fulfill all the other graduation requirements.

Most people I knew did the whole thing in 4 year,  at most maybe going to 1 session of summer school between junior & senior year as student teaching was allowed only during your senior year. I did it in 4 years as my parents said no to summer school and that I'd just have to take a heavy course load in order to graduate in 4 years.  At my university 15 hours (5 classes) was the minimum for a full time student.  I was a double major as well as getting the teaching credential so I routinely took 6  or 7 classes per quarter.

Yeah -- I was a serious school nerd.

50 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori went to college for 4 years (1976 - 1980) and then 3 more years at CSUN (1980 - 1983) to get her teaching credential.  So she went to college for 7 years total???   Did her dad or Ken pay for those 3 extra years?

Did she begin teaching in 1983 after she got her credential? Or in 1980 when she graduated college?

What exactly was she doing for 3 years to get her teaching credential? Was it taking classes or teaching under a supervisory teacher or a mix of both?

When did she and Ken get married?  Were they married while she was at CSUN?

How long were they before married  before Alyssa was born?  We know she taught for 2 years after Alyssa was born -- was she teaching before her birth?  

In college I got my teaching credential, as did everyone else who did it,  by taking the 21 hours (7 classes)  in education theory and then did a 12 week teaching practicum -- known in my day as "student teaching".  I taught 4 classes at the local high school under 4 different supervisory teachers.  The rest of the school day you were observing other teachers.  You also had to attend the teachers' meeting and sponsor all the activities your supervising teachers did.  At the time student teaching was your entire course load for that quarter of school.  You didn't take any other course work.

Back then getting your teaching credential was part of your undergraduate course work. You had to figure out how to take the 7 education classes and do the student teaching in addition to your required classes in your major and minor --  and fulfill all the other graduation requirements.

Most people I knew did the whole thing in 4 year,  at most maybe going to 1 session of summer school between junior & senior year as student teaching was allowed only during your senior year. I did it in 4 years as my parents said no to summer school and that I'd just have to take a heavy course load in order to graduate in 4 years.  At my university 15 hours (5 classes) was the minimum for a full time student.  I was a double major as well as getting the teaching credential so I routinely took 6  or 7 classes per quarter.

Yeah -- I was a serious school nerd.

IIRC, Lori and Ken married two years before Alyssa was born. Alyssa was born in 1983 so that puts the marriage in 1981 or possibly late 1980. I think she worked until Alyssa was 2 and she got pregnant by sabotaging her birth control so she could stay home.

I did wonder if she messed up somehow when it came to taking state exams to get a teaching license after graduating from Westmont. I know licensing varies from state to state, but a friend of my parents failed her teaching competency exams here in New Mexico the first time around. If California has similar rules and Lori messed up, that could explain her spending three years at CSUN.  Her dad probably paid the tuition at CSUN.

Is it unusual to call it her teaching credential? Teachers here have to go through a certification process, but I think the usual thing to say when giving your academic information would be "bachelor's degree in math and secondary education", or whatever. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Also, I wonder if she was only going part-time to CSUN? It does seem like a lot of school for someone who is proud of not learning anything in college.

38 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Is it unusual to call it her teaching credential? Teachers here have to go through a certification process, but I think the usual thing to say when giving your academic information would be "bachelor's degree in math and secondary education", or whatever. It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Also, I wonder if she was only going part-time to CSUN? It does seem like a lot of school for someone who is proud of not learning anything in college.

Maybe it's a California thing. When I was in college (NOT in California), my friend studied education and did student teaching, etc. She went on to become an elementary school teacher. We always said she was an "education major" and that she got her "degree in education," just as some of us got ours degrees in music or english. Lori, otoh, always talks like she took some kinda six-week course and got "credential" to teach. I remember she said that Cassi earned her "credential" in college as well. To me, it minimizes what is really a college major like political science or math.

When I was in college it was known as getting your teaching certificate.  The state required all the course work, (each class passed with a minimum C average) and the student teaching -- with a "grade" of at least "Satisfactory, meets all requirements" from each supervising teacher.  The supervising teacher was also required to do weekly reports on your performance and an overall written assessment at the end. The reports were sent to the university  so that 1) you got credit for doing the student teaching and 2) it became part of your transcript. 

After graduation, if you had fulfilled all the state requirements, you applied for your teaching certificate.  Most people, if they knew they were on track to graduate, applied as soon as they finished student teaching.  In order to teach in public schools, and many of the private ones, you had to prove you'd applied for the certificate when you were hired, and then have it, or an official  letter saying you were certified, in hand  before you could set foot in the classroom.

The state was amazingly quick in notifying people they were certified,  and schools usually gave people a few months after starting work to actually receive the certificate.

Teachers who take graduate classes and/or complete a graduate degree can get paid a higher salary than teachers with "only" a bachelor's degree. Could Lori have been taking graduate classes part time to increase her pay?

My mom taught for 2 years, then took 15 years off to raise her 4 kids. Once I was in school full time (I'm the youngest), she started teaching again. She only had a few required classes to get a teaching certification for this state, but she went on to get just short of a master's degree in early childhood education, by taking classes after work and in the summer. Her salary was higher because of her graduate work.

It's hard to imagine Lori having the drive and work ethic to go to classes while she was working, but it's easy to imagine Ken wanting her to increase her salary by taking classes. Just an idea.

If college was such a waste of time why does she put it on her Linkedin? Almost as if she's proud of it or something  :my_dodgy:

But anyway, yey!... that I can now hire a professional to teach me how to love my children. Didn't know how to do that...  

8 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori went to college for 4 years (1976 - 1980) and then 3 more years at CSUN (1980 - 1983) to get her teaching credential.  So she went to college for 7 years total???   Did her dad or Ken pay for those 3 extra year

I am not supporting Lori here, but it took me 7 years to get my B.A., as I went part-time ... I had children.    What IS funny is that she went to a State University and we all know how she feels about the schools trying to poison our kids' minds AND the fact that women should not go to college at all.  Well hypocracy seems to be the name of the game.    

The question is WHY did she put herself on LinkedIn.  Does online "mentoring" count?    

As to her having taught,  when I was in school you needed an MA.  You had to do a certain # of hours (quite a few) of field work ... maybe that's it?    My daughter  got in with a BA, but it was a provisional license UNTIL she got her MA .  So it is a requirement here on the East Coast of the US.

17 minutes ago, Liza said:

I am not supporting Lori here, but it took me 7 years to get my B.A., as I went part-time ... I had children.    What IS funny is that she went to a State University and we all know how she feels about the schools trying to poison our kids' minds AND the fact that women should not go to college at all.  Well hypocracy seems to be the name of the game.    

The question is WHY did she put herself on LinkedIn.  Does online "mentoring" count?    

As to her having taught,  when I was in school you needed an MA.  You had to do a certain # of hours (quite a few) of field work ... maybe that's it?    My daughter  got in with a BA, but it was a provisional license UNTIL she got her MA .  So it is a requirement here on the East Coast of the US.

I understand people who go to college part time for years. That happened to my sister. It took her six years. It was the same with a couple of friends and relatives. You bring up a good point about how Lori may have needed an MA. If that was the case, maybe grad school tuition at the public college was probably cheaper than grad school programs at private Christian colleges. If Lori's father was paying for it he might pushed for the cheaper option.

The only reason I can think of her setting up a LinkedIn account was to get interest in speaking gigs. Her LinkedIn profile leaves out a lot of details. Lori said several years back on her first blog that her church was sending women to her for mentoring and that some women would meet with her at her home. She also said that some women didn't like her and rejected her. She also mentioned that she and Ken had started meeting with a couple from their church for "mentoring"/"counseling". The couple didn't like them from the first meeting and refused to meet with them again. I think Loriken had some kind of falling out with that church and ended up switching churches. Lori has talked about having drama with her current church. People do list volunteer work at churches or other religious organizations on LinkedIn pages. I think problem is that churches and pastors might not be willing to endorse Lori on LindkedIn and she knows it.

59 minutes ago, cara said:

If college was such a waste of time why does she put it on her Linkedin? Almost as if she's proud of it or something  :my_dodgy:

But anyway, yey!... that I can now hire a professional to teach me how to love my children. Didn't know how to do that...  

I know right. I'm guessing she looked at other people LinkedIn's pages and saw they were listing their educational background. Her LinkedIn is still pretty bare. She doesn't list the school district she worked for or any other teaching jobs she may have had. I still remember that post where she said that ebil colleges weren't teaching women to love their husbands and kids.

It took me 7 years to get my bachelor's degree, going to school full time. Transfering schools every 2 years is a bitch. (Thanks, Army, for keeping us moving.) 

And LOL FOR DAYS at Lori teaching anyone how to love their husband or kids. Bitch wouldn't know love if it bit her on her skinny ass.

Her LinkedIn profile looks like it's old and neglected. It's an older picture of her rather than the one she uses now, and it doesn't mention her book at all. Or her viral post.

My favorite part is the "no endorsements yet" bit:

image.png.fd79a7681ef1d4c924ef45c48313fda9.png

Maybe once she sees this here, she'll ask her fans to write endorsements for her LinkedIn as soon as they're done gushing about her book that they haven't read.

A big part of me thinks that linkedin profile is fake, but then again she makes an account on every social media platform just because. Any tinder sightings yet?

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

A big part of me thinks that linkedin profile is fake, but then again she makes an account on every social media platform just because. Any tinder sightings yet?

I'm pretty sure it's legit. I work in marriage ministry, and she and I have some overlap in our connections.

Today's blog post is beyond stupid. The source she cites is Wikipedia and the sentence she crows about lacks citation.

5a8aeca4cf957_wikifunny.thumb.JPG.28bb5f7f4a055e926d639eeca1057c4d.JPG

smh

Feminism had nothing whatsoever to do with these things! From my study of feminism and women’s rights, their main goals were to get women out of their homes and into the workforce, destroy marriages, put children in daycare and government-run schools, make divorce easy, and literally tear down marriage and families. This was “freedom” in their minds!

Too bad god didn’t command women to be silent everywhere, not just in church. It would be worth it to shut this ignorant, pathetic, misguided, ridiculous woman up for good. Her ‘study’ of feminism and women’s rights?  LOfuckingL. 

I’ve ignored Lori because there’s only so much an insect can take. BUt this topics title caught my eye. I just read Solomon Guyzel’s explanation for the fall of the Roman  civilization in his history of the Jews annnnd of course I can’t find it now, but basically he wrote, “Greed outweighed kindness and the wealthy few insulated themselves from the beleaguered many, whose way of life was crumbling.”

Now a pedant like Lori will point to feminists as the wealthy few but we know better. “Greed is good” has never gone away and too many on both sides of the governmental aisle are going the way of the uncaring wealthy. 

Of course as the wife of a wealthy entrepreneur Lori is part of the elite and of course she points at those “below” her with disdain.  Teach that gal to fiddle. 

10 hours ago, Hisey said:

Maybe it's a California thing. When I was in college (NOT in California), my friend studied education and did student teaching, etc. She went on to become an elementary school teacher. We always said she was an "education major" and that she got her "degree in education," just as some of us got ours degrees in music or english. Lori, otoh, always talks like she took some kinda six-week course and got "credential" to teach. I remember she said that Cassi earned her "credential" in college as well. To me, it minimizes what is really a college major like political science or math.

In Washington state, the major and the teaching certification (or credential--I think of them as interchangeable terms) are two separate things. You get your BA in another field and then you do the course work and practicum for your credential, plus the additional coursework for any specific endorsements to the credential, such as earth science or special ed or whatever. An education major is not equivalent or sufficient prep for a teaching certificate.

My post-bac combined masters and certification program took two years, including the student teaching practicum. Since I taught high school and my undergraduate major was anthropology, not an option in any high school I've ever been near, I needed other endorsements. At the time you could get them by reaching a certain percentile in that discipline's GRE, so I tested into English and history, failed miserably in earth sciences, and got a journalism endorsement by challenging the state course guidelines and replacing them with practical experience. I was middle-aged and had lots of work experience, so I had  more leeway.

The state passed a bill maybe 25 years ago to require all teachers to get a masters--at their own expense--in order to maintain their certificates, They had to unpass it when it became obvious there was no way for teachers in many rural districts to attend college while working, there being no colleges nearby to attend. This was before online masters programs became ubiquitous. Maybe they could make it stick now if they subsidized tuition.

Lori is a new level of crazy today.  

I detest birth control since it has led to the slaughter of millions of babies and millions of others babies from being born since many couples today don’t even want children.

She really is reaching today with this claim. Considering that pills stop ovulation and condoms stop sperm which doesn't allow for the sperm and egg to create zygote, there is no slaughter of innocent children because children were not even created. I would really like to know where she received her medical degree from. I think if God wanted a couple to have children I am sure that he could make a child happen regardless of birth control choices, and if he wanted a certain individual created, he would make it happen.

Over several decades, beginning in 1839, statutes that enabled women to control real and personal property, participate in contracts and lawsuits, inherit independently of their husbands, work for a salary, and write wills were enacted. Usually, concerns for family integrity and protecting a household from economic crisis, rather than a liberal conception of the role of women in society, motivated these changes.”

In the Old Testament, women had similar rights that they have today. Women were allowed to participate in all aspects of Jewish life to include commerce, real estate, manual labor, etc with exception of priesthood. Women were allowed to be in leadership positions I.e see Deborah, Miriam, Huldah. By the time Jesus arrived, those rights had be chipped away by society, and it only became worse after the creation of the church under Catholic Priests and men in power such as the Roman Emperor. Jesus treated men and women the same, and if he had wanted to change anything to do with women's rights or women's role in society, I am sure he would have given a sermon or said something about it. Lori is obsessed in everything written by Paul instead of Jesus.

From my study of feminism and women’s rights, their main goals were to get women out of their homes and into the workforce, destroy marriages, put children in daycare and government-run schools, make divorce easy, and literally tear down marriage and families.

No Lori,

They wanted the same thing that men were given—and although I am sure they wanted the right to vote, own property, have an education, right to work, etc, they mainly fought to be treated like an actual human being and not a mindless machine with no thoughts or feelings. I doubt they were worried about divorce, destroying their families, trying to take power away, The goal was mainly to be treated with respect and fairly.

Lori is such a hypocrite. She was allowed to get an education, hold a job, control her own reproductive rights, treat her husband like she wanted, and wear what she wanted, yet she teaches against all of those things. Lori can do what she wants but lo and behold a women is against God for doing the same thing.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived