IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? Not smiling gives others an indication that you are not happy/thrilled/whatever. And, there is not a thing in the world wrong with that. And plastering on a smile does absolutely nothing to resolve the underlying reason one isn't smiling in the first place. I'd go so far as to say, barring specific circumstances, it could be considered lying to smile when it's not what you are feeling. There are always reasons one would mask emotions/feelings - don't let the kids see you upset, don't let your boss see you sweat - but as a rule, I say a big, fat, flaming no. 

Also, I wasn't snarking on Joshua. I said I feel incredibly sad for him and I do. The kids in my world have far more to explore at five and because of that, they get to figure out what they want to do, what they enjoy, what they excel at or want to excel at. It's the box the poor kid is in that I was commenting on, not the kid himself. 

The pictures that are posted never show Joshua with a genuine twinkle in his eyes.

Honestly, just because someone doesn’t smile in a photo tells you nothing about how they are feeling. I hate taking my picture. I haven’t taken a good pic since I was a kid. I can be over the moon happy and I still look sad/angry/mad. Joshua may be the happiest kid in the world but pictures don’t reflect that. Besides, there have been many photos of him where he is smiling and appears happy.

I think we see what we want to see. People want to believe a sad photo means a fundy is miserable in the lifestyle and a photo where they are smiling means they are so happy to have married, had sex and be out from the umbrella of daddy protection. We overanalyze these photos again and again and will never truly know if our analysis is correct. I saw this as someone who is guilty of it. 

On 2/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, lilith said:

And if so, has Jesse purchased her house, or is it being reserved for a suitor for Anna or Mary?

There are no property records in Jesse's name in Leavenworth County, KS

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Awesome!  Just checked it out.  He seems to like knives.

I didn't see any knives.  I have to look again. 

29 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I didn't see any knives.  I have to look again. 

Check out the FB pages he likes.  Almost half of them are pocket knives manufacturers.

I feel sorry for Joshua. It must be hard to grow into a normal human being when you're surrounded by creepy men and submissive women. He hasn't got a shot in hell.

6 hours ago, terranova said:

I feel sorry for Joshua. It must be hard to grow into a normal human being when you're surrounded by creepy men and submissive women. He hasn't got a shot in hell.

Meh. That’s his normal. It’s all he will know. 

9 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Check out the FB pages he likes.  Almost half of them are pocket knives manufacturers.

Oh dear, I see it now.  Well it does go well with my theory that he's a serial killer.  lol  Seriously though, he has serial killer crazy eyes.

I was reading his posts in the beekeeping facebook group.  He bought two boxes of bees in April and by June all but five of the bees were gone.  That family is afraid of education.  They remind me of a bunch of schemers who try to find things to do by internet learning.  You can learn a lot from the internet.  Just yesterday, I was reading about the wonders of epsom salt.  But take some damn classes so you don't kill all the bees.  How these people make money is beyond me.  They have no education and no full time jobs.  The conference money they saved up isn't going to last forever. 

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I work with someone who is a well educated, completely normal guy. He loves pocket knives but not in a scary way. Researches them, collects them and loves to talk about how each one is different and unique. Believe it or not, it’s just a harmless hobby for someone who likes to collect weird stuff. 

I call Teri's idea the "Resting Cheerful Face". I inherited the unhealthy habit from my days in fundiedom and can't shake it away. It makes life veeery complicated because no one can read you. It has exasperated my friends, boyfriends, coworkers and now husband for the past 20 years. Examples:

(At a concert with a friend. Music is way too loud people keep shoving us, I hate it and can't wait to leave)

Friend, an hour later: I don't know how you can stand this. Should we leave?

Me: *smiling* PLEASE, I've been waiting to leave the entire time! 

Friend: But you looked so happy, I thought you were having a great time! (Wants to strangle me)

Husband: What's wrong? 

Me: *smiling* I'm mad at you for not defending me in front of your mother.

Husband: Wait... what?? I thought you were enjoying the conversation with her! 

Me: *smiling* But she was insulting me in front of the kids!

Husband: I thought you were joking around because you were smiling and laughing the entire time. Are you even mad right now? I can't tell because you're still smiling. 

Handmaidens aren't allowed feelings. Makes sense, could interfere with the relentless breeding. 

Next up, stop thinking! Walking uteri don't need brains! Just follow the schedule and you'll be fine!

oh wait. Already done. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

I work with someone who is a well educated, completely normal guy. He loves pocket knives but not in a scary way. Researches them, collects them and loves to talk about how each one is different and unique. Believe it or not, it’s just a harmless hobby for someone who likes to collect weird stuff. 

I'm not knocking Crazy Eyed Nate for liking knives.  I'm actually pleased he has a hobby if that's what it is.  Rufus knows he needs a little FUN in Maxhell.  If it pisses Coward Steve off I'm all for it.  His friend list is private but looking at people who liked his profile and cover pic he is friends with Uncle Rob and his kids, Invisible Elissa's brother, and a Maher.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

I can't seem to find his FB page--any hints?

It's definitely still there. I searched Nathan Maxwell and found it. His cover photo features him and Melanie. His profile pic is him standing alone with that vaguely menacing Maxwell man face. 

29 minutes ago, AllisonWndrland said:

It's definitely still there. I searched Nathan Maxwell and found it. His cover photo features him and Melanie. His profile pic is him standing alone with that vaguely menacing Maxwell man face. 

I did get it now.  That crazy eye stare.

18 hours ago, socalrules said:

Honestly, just because someone doesn’t smile in a photo tells you nothing about how they are feeling. I hate taking my picture. I haven’t taken a good pic since I was a kid. I can be over the moon happy and I still look sad/angry/mad. Joshua may be the happiest kid in the world but pictures don’t reflect that. Besides, there have been many photos of him where he is smiling and appears happy.

I think we see what we want to see. People want to believe a sad photo means a fundy is miserable in the lifestyle and a photo where they are smiling means they are so happy to have married, had sex and be out from the umbrella of daddy protection. We overanalyze these photos again and again and will never truly know if our analysis is correct. I saw this as someone who is guilty of it. 

I have to agree. Nearly every time Ruthie pops up in a photo we comment on how she's not smiling much. I think we're just used to Nathan and Melanie's kids, and the other grandkids, beaming in every photo. We notice Ruthie because she's *not* smiling (as broadly). Some kids just don't smile much. Lydia's got the same parents and she smiles a lot more. 

I found his FB page, and it listed him as a System Architect at Communication Concepts, Inc., so I clicked on Communication Concepts.  It's a FB page with many videos of Nathan discussing IT security and other IT issues.  The page isn't old, but it has many posts.  Interesting.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:20 AM, theologygeek said:

I was reading his posts in the beekeeping facebook group.  He bought two boxes of bees in April and by June all but five of the bees were gone.  That family is afraid of education.  They remind me of a bunch of schemers who try to find things to do by internet learning.  You can learn a lot from the internet.  Just yesterday, I was reading about the wonders of epsom salt.  But take some damn classes so you don't kill all the bees.  

What a coincidence! One of the Staddon manboys is offering a brand new online course on politically incorrect  fundy Christian beekeeping! https://www.staddonfamily.com/2018/01/26/new-beekeeping-training-opportunity/

On 2/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, scoutsadie said:

Yep, Teri's response to overwhelmed moms contacting her for help, support or guidance is to "give them a project" (because clearly they don't already have enough on their plates) which is basically to "cheer up." smh

Chelsy's sister just published a post with a similiar sentiment, quoting a book encouraging people not to allow "discord or anger" into their homes. Keep sweet, y'all!!

Cheerfully, willingly and immediately obey. Gothard's teachings stress this.

What the hell could be politically correct about beekeeping?  Also,  I did not know that bees could be Christian.

I guess he (or Steve) doesn't allow his wife to have a Facebook, since she isn't listed as OfChris. He also "liked" The Skirt Outlet... Hey Steve - or Chris, if you read here too - Do you want people thinking you're a cro*sdresser! Oh boy! I mean girl. I mean, it's good that Chris lists his Gender as Male.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

What the hell could be politically correct about beekeeping?  Also,  I did not know that bees could be Christian.

All you have to do is throw some holy water over them.  /sarcasm

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived