IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

23 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

They have fans coming up to their door or at least they did before they constructed a fence. They have people stealing diary’s from their children. They have had grown men making fan sites to their young sons. As well as enamored  people just wanting photos with them. You think someone wouldn’t have found out about the Employment or lack of Various Duggars and relations?  

Really. If Derick Dillard has or had a regular job since he married a Duggar Girl you think no one is the least bit interested enough to mention it in passing on social media ? That not one friend or family member or co worker has posted any photo ?  

I find that impossible to believe  but your opinion is yours and mine is mine so we’ll have to leave it there. 

Okay, so why aren't the Duggar-obsessed locals, who would actually be privy to this information, sharing anything else about the Duggars' lives? Again, why would they only be interested in sharing details about their employment?

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

Oh my goodness!  @nst found so many photos that no one else had seen that we believed she was Jessa herself (not really). Sadly, at the time, photos, which took up bandwidth, without much commentary were not allowed. They were all just family photos. Nothing untoward at all.  

I'm still not convinced she isn't Jessa. :cracking-up:

I put Mini eggs in my ice cream tonight. It was fantastic. Brownie batter something or other and crushed up mini eggs. 10 out of 10 will try again! 

13 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

They have fans coming up to their door or at least they did before they constructed a fence. They have people stealing diary’s from their children. They have had grown men making fan sites to their young sons. As well as enamored  people just wanting photos with them. You think someone wouldn’t have found out about the Employment or lack of Various Duggars and relations?  

Really. If Derick Dillard has or had a regular job since he married a Duggar Girl you think no one is the least bit interested enough to mention it in passing on social media ? That not one friend or family member or co worker has posted any photo ?  

I find that impossible to believe  but your opinion is yours and mine is mine so we’ll have to leave it there. 

Just want to point out that Derick did have a regular job at Walmart during his engagement and first year of marriage, during the Duggars’ peak popularity. As far as I know, none of his coworkers posted about him or shared about working with him. To a certain extent, the same is true of his “Ministry” program through Cross Church - the Dills post some stuff and pop up in posts from other people, but we see and hear nothing about his coursework and very little about what he’s doing for his internship during the day. It’s possible he’s bringing in money by working, but I do doubt it in his case. 

Ben has an internship at Harvard Avenue Baptist Church and is pursuing an online degree at the Moody Bible Institute. I have no clue if his internship is paid or if he holds an additional job outside that, but it’s very possible he does. The only reason we know about his internship is because he spoke at the Evangelism Reform Conference recently and his bio listed it - I don’t believe anyone connected with the Church mentioned or posted about the internship at all and Ben has been much quieter on social media recently than he used to be. 

Austin has worked flipping houses. I’m pretty sure he’s still doing that, but I haven’t seen any photos of him working pop up either. Same with the adult Duggar men, who (I believe) work in some capacity for family businesses. In fact, the only one who I think pops up online with job related stuff regularly is Jeremy and that’s mostly content he or Jinger share and it makes sense they’d post considering he works as a Preacher. Spreading the word is part of the job description I guess. 

All that to say, I really don’t think people who live in their areas care enough about the Duggars to share a lot of information about them. People who are actual fans or who experience a sighting while visiting the area may be more likely to share, but the Duggars have done a surprisingly good job at keeping certain parts of their lives pretty quiet. It’s also very possible that the workplaces - like Wal-Mart - had policies regarding social media and sharing information about the work place online.

(Jinger’s diary was the one stolen several years ago when she was a teenager. It’s possible the Duggars learned not to be so open about with their children's’ rooms after that because I haven’t heard of anything like that happening since.)

Just a peeve of mine with regard to the Duggar women.

They have  jobs, that they get paid for.  The job is being on a TV show.  Irrespective of whether the money they are paid goes into a family trust, and JB doles it out to them (which has never been proven), they are not living on his largesse.  

It is their money. They earned it.

How they spend it is up to them.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Just want to point out that Derick did have a regular job at Walmart during his engagement and first year of marriage, during the Duggars’ peak popularity. As far as I know, none of his coworkers posted about him or shared about working with him. To a certain extent, the same is true of his “Ministry” program through Cross Church - the Dills post some stuff and pop up in posts from other people, but we see and hear nothing about his coursework and very little about what he’s doing for his internship during the day. It’s possible he’s bringing in money by working, but I do doubt it in his case. 

Ben has an internship at Harvard Avenue Baptist Church and is pursuing an online degree at the Moody Bible Institute. I have no clue if his internship is paid or if he holds an additional job outside that, but it’s very possible he does. The only reason we know about his internship is because he spoke at the Evangelism Reform Conference recently and his bio listed it - I don’t believe anyone connected with the Church mentioned or posted about the internship at all and Ben has been much quieter on social media recently than he used to be. 

Austin has worked flipping houses. I’m pretty sure he’s still doing that, but I haven’t seen any photos of him working pop up either. Same with the adult Duggar men, who (I believe) work in some capacity for family businesses. In fact, the only one who I think pops up online with job related stuff regularly is Jeremy and that’s mostly content he or Jinger share and it makes sense they’d post considering he works as a Preacher. Spreading the word is part of the job description I guess. 

All that to say, I really don’t think people who live in their areas care enough about the Duggars to share a lot of information about them. People who are actual fans or who experience a sighting while visiting the area may be more likely to share, but the Duggars have done a surprisingly good job at keeping certain parts of their lives pretty quiet. It’s also very possible that the workplaces - like Wal-Mart - had policies regarding social media and sharing information about the work place online.

(Jinger’s diary was the one stolen several years ago when she was a teenager. It’s possible the Duggars learned not to be so open about with their children's’ rooms after that because I haven’t heard of anything like that happening since.)

Thank you. That’s a very informed and  non argumentative post. I still think with all the internet presence they have it would be almost impossible for something not to be slipped for all these years no matter how hard they try  and the running off to CA for Derick dosent exactly give the steady employment vibes :)  but  you make good points. I guess it’s all opinion at this point :) 

6 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

All that to say, I really don’t think people who live in their areas care enough about the Duggars to share a lot of information about them.

Or they just zip it cause they want the media to stop featuring articles about them! 

1 minute ago, SamiKatz said:

They have  jobs, that they get paid for.  The job is being on a TV show.

Just call it a ministry and it's suddenly okay! ;) The line seems to be not in having work, but in having work outside of family-related ventures.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I put Mini eggs in my ice cream tonight. It was fantastic. Brownie batter something or other and crushed up mini eggs. 10 out of 10 will try again! 

You are tempting this trying to be vegan poster. 

It sounds delicious! :my_biggrin:

3 hours ago, nst said:

well then = news coming soon :D

:handsex:

It often seems that the immediate neighbours and locals of celebrities end up being quite protective of whoever lives in their midst. Neighbours and locals often seem to take pride in not divulging any private information they might have about celebrities, and make a point of not-harassing the famous people who live amongst them.

I remember reading something about the privacy that Prince William and Kate enjoyed both in Wales and the village in Norfolk where they lived. Apparently they'd pop down to the local pub every now and then without any locals causing a big fuss or oversharing the information they received to the media.

Thus it is fully imaginable that the locals around the TTH either don't care about sharing any info they have about the Duggars, or actively chose to withhold this information. Frankly, if one of our neighbours was famous and perhaps gave me a glimpse of what it entails for them, I'd probably also want to help them keep as much of their privacy as possible (while secretly enjoying that I am privy to information other people might be dying to know :evil-laugh:)

Long story short, I believe that the Duggars are quite well-off or at least extremely comfortable, whether or not they are currently employed anywhere or follow any other kind of regular paid occupation. They still have TLC and real estate money coming in, and they live in a very affordable area. So fortunately for the older Duggar kids who still remember the days of a crammed tiny house and not enough food to go around, money worries are at the moment probably the least of their concern.

Hi all, I'm an ex Duggar fan. Surprisingly it wasn't the scandals that turned me off this clan but it was when Ben had that football charity day for the poor kids, it really pissed me off because he has had life served to him on a platter and he wanted to tell poor people how to live...... Parents that work 2 or 3 jobs and struggle to make it, In real life Ben would be poorer than them, no job a wife that sits on her arse talking photos and 2 babies, has a decent house, drives a big car and travels the country for family shopping trips. 

I've had my hard times just making it week to week, knowing that it would only take one thing and we would be screwed, car break down or get really sick. And can tell you how much it hurts to have privilege do gooders come and make you dance around them for there token of help.

These Dugger kids and spouses disgust me, they are way worse than the parents. Nothing to admire in any off them. 

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

My current indulgence is a shake Dreyers Rocky Road mixed with Pepsi :)  sounds weird but it is heavenly. 

Teri Maxwell, is that you?

13 hours ago, nst said:

it entails not being able to post on one message board and on the other you can post but no one can see it. All on the same board 

what fun is that :D

For like 6 months, right?

12 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

They have  jobs, that they get paid for.  The job is being on a TV show.  Irrespective of whether the money they are paid goes into a family trust, and JB doles it out to them (which has never been proven), they are not living on his largesse.  

It is their money. They earned it.

How they spend it is up to them.

This would be a great comment to pass on to JB and M DUGGAR!

16 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Even when I had barely any money coming in I could still buy brand ice cream every now and then. Here pound shops and bargain stores do offers on big brands a lot. She posted a picture of two small ice creams it is not as if she was posting a picture of a banquet. She shouldn't be made to feel guilty about her and Ben treating themselves to ice cream once a week.

Pound shops---is that the U.K. equivalent of dollar stores in the U.S.?  If so, I love it!  I think I may start calling our dollar stores pound shops, just for fun!

Just now, Satan'sFortress said:

Pound shops---is that the U.K. equivalent of dollar stores in the U.S.?  If so, I love it!  I think I may start calling our dollar stores pound shops, just for fun!

Yes - they are! Poundland is my favorite. There are also 99p stores, which are fabulous, as well.

:)

2 hours ago, Godly grifting said:

Hi all, I'm an ex Duggar fan. Surprisingly it wasn't the scandals that turned me off this clan but it was when Ben had that football charity day for the poor kids, it really pissed me off because he has had life served to him on a platter and he wanted to tell poor people how to live......

it was a storyline.  he needs his storyline.  but welcome :D

13 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

Stop making this thread hot! I thought there was an announcement hehe :my_biggrin:....but no...you people are just making me crave ice cream I can't have (and it is summer over here). 

How I would love to have our equivalent to to talenti banana chocolate swirl right now.

Have you ever had Ben and Jerry's Chunky MOnkey???

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Yes, same principle everything is £1 or less, some of the bigger stores do have products that cost more but are still cheaper than retail. My two favourite stores are B and M and home bargains they even do paint and flat pack furniture. 

22 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Popcorn is how I treat myself. I find it so hard to resist the chocolate/raspberry and chocolate/caramel flavours from Smartfood. 

There’s chocolate/raspberry Smartfood?!

21 hours ago, gameofunbeknowns said:

I’m wondering what makes you say that? I don’t get that impression at all. If anyone I would say this about Jinger as she, especially in recent years seems to have a sort of understated elegance of someone with money. Then there’s her love of the city, going to plays, classical concerts etc 

Jessa, however, never struck me as name brand. This is the girl who pushed against her husband ON CAMERA and insisted they get fabric horses from the thrift in spite of his fear of bedbugs.

Witch episode?

10 minutes ago, Irene said:

Witch episode?

The episode is titled “Joy and Austin’s Camping Trip.” Time mark start about 32:58. It’s the same episode in which they officially introduce Tyler. :)

10 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Poundland is my favorite.

I think you've just defrauded me.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived