IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

@SolomonFundy, that was a really brilliant analysis of why the Boyer Sisters MLM dreams aren't coming true.:clap:

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

This just sounds so lost and sad. I hope someone in their real life is taking appropriate action to get her help, but sadly I doubt that is the case. Some years ago there was a blog called Large Family Mothering and the fundy owner of this blog wrote a post about how dreams were bad for good Christian folk like her and her family. I guess the point it to take away all hope so that all there is left is waiting for death and heaven after wards. I imagine that this book Charlotte speaks of spreads the same "advice". I don't know if Gabe still reads here or if he or his wife wish to get involved but it seems like Charlotte and Jessica are quite troubled. They need help - not advice telling them to give up their dreams- but proper help from a well trained and licensed professional like a doctor/psychiatrist/counsellor/psychologist. 

I think both Charlotte and Jessica are troubled and sad.  And frustrated, bored, and stifled by their lives.  However, either of them going to a licensed professional is extremely unlikely.  Jessica addressed this last year.  Daddy Boyer's counsel is quite enough for her, thank you very much.  She doesn't need therapy.  

I want to kick Daddy Boyer squarely in the pants for not understanding the limitations of his paternal "counselling," for not understanding that he, and his beliefs, are part of the problem, and advising them to go to a real therapist.  There are decent Christian licensed therapists who could help them get a handle on their lives.

@Gabe still lurks here (hi, Gabe!) but may not agree with us or not see it as his place to try to intervene.  Gabe - for the love of little puppies, those young women need to be shaken out of their rut!

All that said, and call me cynical, but I looked at that instagram post and thought not so much exceptionally "lost and sad" (for a Boyer) as Charlotte primping her latest fad.  And self-dramatizing.

She seems to find the answer to all her problems every couple of months.  And then she finds another answer.  And it is written in the usual overwrought flowery God-bleating rhetoric that I have come to expect from the Boyers. 

The Lord gave me this book at the moment when my soul was ready for something new. To take Him out of my pocket, and put Him in my heart: first & foremost in my life. To have my dreams rest loosely in my hands, letting His Will trickle through my fingers like cool water glistening in the sunshine of His love, washing away my dreams that aren’t fruitful for my life.

Give me a break!  But actually there is nothing wrong with letting go of unrealistic dreams.

It’s hard. Yes, it’s so hard. Knowing that some of the dreams that have been with me since childhood might NEVER come to pass is gut-wrenchingly HARD!

I badly wanted to be a train driver (seriously).  And a ballet dancer (I lacked the talent).  And an astronaut (little girls were laughed at for that in 1968).  I let go of those dreams quite easily as I grew up.  I found better ambitions that were more suited to my gifts and interests.

What are Charlotte's dreams, are they realistic, and can she MAKE some of them come to pass.  By getting off her butt and working at it.  Or perhaps we should refer her to Allison Bontrager's drivel on what men look for in girls.  Allison did have a point that it isn't looks and fashion.  And I agree with her that living life fully without marriage, instead of pining on the shelf, being fun to be around, and being easy to talk to is more attractive to people in general.  Including members of the opposite sex.

But it’s worth it. Because my dreams are weighing me down and holding me back from actively running after God’s will for my life. His beautiful, intricate, perfect will that crafts days, months, and years so loaded with beauty, I can not even begin to comprehend it.

Perhaps God's will for your life is for you to take some initiative in fulfilling your more attainable and realistic dreams, Charlotte. 

This Spring is my Spring of FREEDOM! No more burdensome dreams. No more trapping thought patterns that hold me captive & keep me from growth. I’m ready to blossom, Lord Jesus. I’m ready for You to be my ultimate dream. / 

Jebus be my bridegroom!  Pluck my blossom!  Take me!  Let me be one with you!  She reminds me of Miss Raquel in her more orgasmic flights of literary fancy. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

People who succeed at shilling for companies like YL do it by creating the illusion of a desirable lifestyle. Oldest marketing gimmick in the book. Who the frig would desire the lifestyle that either Jessica or Charlotte represent for themselves at this point?

Exactly!

Their old followers were used to seeing a trio of happy-go-lucky vintage pinups with smooth skin, rosy cheeks and pretty homemade dresses. I'm sure many of their young followers envied their looks and their exciting life as travelling singers. I don't think anyone looks at Charlotte and Jessica today and thinks "What a positive transformation, tell me your secret!". 

Just the other day, Jessica wrote on their BWell instagram:

"Do you wake up to days where you are just infiltrated with longing? Do you feel like everyone has a life that makes sense and yours doesn’t? Do you struggle, like I do, to be patient?"

She used to have a life that many envied... how the tables have turned in a few short years. You can't sell a wellness product when you're obviously not well. 

On 3/22/2018 at 6:00 PM, usedbicycle said:

"Do you wake up to days where you are just infiltrated with longing? Do you feel like everyone has a life that makes sense and yours doesn’t? Do you struggle, like I do, to be patient?"

She used to have a life that many envied... how the tables have turned in a few short years. You can't sell a wellness product when you're obviously not well. 

That is so true! However, I think that they are trying to be like everyone now. When they were the perfect trio of singing sisters in their pretty vintage wear, they didn't have a need to fit in. They were standing out and that was their brand. Now they are trying desperately to fit in and they can't. They don't have the experiences. 

Exactly. I feel sorry for them because, at least on their blog, they give off the appearance of living a very sheltered, confined life even by fundie standards. Even the very strictest fundie families I know (and I know some very conservative folks) have a broader realm of experience.  Generally, in fundie circles, single young women who do not go to college or vocational school would still be expected to grow and participate in some form of ministry. For those who aren't helping out with a family business, that often takes the form of nannying, church work, starting a small  (non-MLM) business, etc.... From mutual acquaintances, I get the impression that there is more to their lives than wasting away at home so I do wonder why the blog gives this impression. 

Senpai noticed us! :pb_lol:

You heard it here first, we're the reason for all the problems in the girls' life. They're praying for us, natch.

Screenshot_20180327-144323.png

Screenshot_20180327-144330.png

I suppose nothing hurts quite as much as the truth, Charlotte.  

We've actually been rather kind and concerned about them.  For FJ.  Why would we say the things we do - they are all based on the impressions you give us on your blog.  If you behave like conceited unmotivated little twits - we will call you conceited unmotivated little twits.  I actually like Brigid.

Ranked among the popular Christian influences.  Ranked rather low on the popularity scale.  I didn't even pay any attention to them until Jessica went into a dramatic melancholic decline and I got genuinely concerned about her. 

I missed why we are supposed to be so afraid of them. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but they aren't likely to take over the world in the near future.  I'm more worried about their welfare than I am about them being any kind of a threat to me.

Oh, wait.  I think they are a bit of a threat to their followers because they are so fucking ignorant about essential oils and want to con people into their MLM.

And it is "gnaw" not "naw," Charlotte.  

Hey, if you're reading here, I just follow your blog out of idle curiosity and then comment here because it's fun to share observations and crack jokes about the stuff I'm reading. Terror never enters the equation. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I missed why we are supposed to be so afraid of them. 

So did I. 

They seem to have forgotten that FJ folks are not the ones on Instagram who tell LIES about essential oils and use DECEIT to get other people to spend their hard-earned money on this worthless trash.

It's a case of whatever they have to tell themselves to get through the day.  After all if they paid attention, they might have to face reality.

I don't fear you Boyer Sisters. If anything I feel for you. You seem to have lost your moorings and gone adrift in the past wee while. But maybe that can be a good thing. Why not drift on and widen your horizons? You're young single women. The world is your oyster. Trust me, when you find Prince Charming and have kids the oyster closes somewhat, at least in respect to travel.

If you do want to pray for me could you pray my twins go to sleep? That's what I'm currently begging God for.

if we're so afraid of Jessica and Charlotte, why have we spent so much time sharing suggestions on how they might better themselves?  Why would we want the source of our fear to be stronger? 

I'm not afraid of either Jessica or Charlotte. We aren't even in the same country and I am quite happy with who I am. I'm not perfect but I don't claim to be on the internet either. :P 

If we're doing Boyer sister prayer requests,   can you ask Jesus to make my cat stop barfing on the carpet? I've tried every type of prescription kibble and have had blood work done to no avail. Also if you want to ask big J if he wants to nudge the specialty food  distributor to run a special on the good high butterfat % cultured butter I have a bunch of brunches I have to make croissants for and that would really help keep my food costs down. K thx ladies! 

40 minutes ago, catlady said:

if we're so afraid of Jessica and Charlotte, why have we spent so much time sharing suggestions on how they might better themselves?  Why would we want the source of our fear to be stronger?

Well if they are going to be honest and share with their readers that we are concerned for them it would kind of kill the "ebil women who fear us" vibe they were going for. 

I'm supposed to be terrified of them?  I hope your readers come here and see that while we can be snarky, we only wish you two the best. We want to see you two grow and thrive. 

We aren't terrified of you Boyer sisters, we are worried for you. You both have so much potential.

Also, you kind of lied about the whole yoga thing, so maybe you should pull those beams out of your eyes. 

I don't think Jessica and Charlotte should pray for me, although my arthritic left knee is killing me today.  That would be selfish.   I'd rather they prayed for world peace or an end to gun violence in schools.

I wonder what set Charlotte off.  My guess is the devastating analysis of why their MLM is probably failing at the moment.  

The attitude of "it's just lies, they're just afraid" smacks very closely to that fallacy of "they're just jealous." Which seems like it's not just common, but in some cases doctrinal for devout Christians/fundies. The world will hate you, etc. Etc.

Pretty indulgent stance to take.

I will acknowledge that I'm sure it's intimidating and in some scenarios feels violating to watch our discussions develop, especially for smaller time bloggers and presences who are their own image managers. 

But here's the thing, Boyers and the like: you're putting yourselves out on the public market for consumption by advertising a platform, especially so when you're pushing product. Feedback from the public is part of participating in the social media marketplace, and if you heavily moderate or censor discourse on your own site or sites, you risk it bleeding onto other platforms.

You're advertising a lifestyle that FreeJinger isn't personally buying, metaphorically and literally, and the problem is -- it's dangerous.

Ok, yes, we do mock them  but only when they do mockable things.  Most of the time we Express concern for their wellbeing and their brother-in-law hasn't done much to persuade us that we don't have reason for concern. I don't think any of us blatantly wish them harm. In fact, the opposite is true! 

Hi, Jessica and Charlotte! :562479b1e2079_Whyhullothurwave:

Are we supposed to be afraid? Because I'm not. Honestly they seem like naive young women who are in a bad situation, shilling snake oil to find meaning in their lives after their sister married and left, taking their vintage identity with her (Brigid is my favorite, by the way. @Gabe, feel free to tell your wife a stranger on the internet thinks she seems rather nice).

Do we tear them apart? Ehh, it probably seems that way. I mean, if I had a forum on the internet dedicated to judging my public image, I'd probably feel victimized.

But I don't think we've ever called them bad people. Naive, melodramatic, and a bit silly, but not intentionally malicious. I think the worst we've gotten is calling them judgmental about some of their posts.

I don't deny the gossip bit, though. I mean, I am talking about a stranger's life on the internet. So- fair point, Boyers. But the rest of them... not so much. I haven't lied, just shared my opinion, based on publicly presented facts and not-unreasonable speculation. It might not be true. I never claimed it to be. Just my judgement.

Sum up: I don't fear you, girls. I pity you, and hope you can live better lives. Because the lives you are presenting to the public eye look rather sad.

Hi Jessica and Charlotte,

It must be so strange to see the developing conversations of strangers about your lives on the internet. Making such a statement like that will make sure everyone you know will now be directed right here to read these words!

If it upsets you, I’m really sorry. Along with sharing your lives, thoughts and experiences online, there comes an element of vulnerability too and not all people are going to be your target audience and share your views. I urge you to stop reading here if what you see is distressing. 

Or perhaps you’re somewhat flattered -in which case: enjoy it! Those that post here will read and watch almost anything you post on your blog. You can moan to all your friends about mean people on the internet. 

Your lives are fascinating to me because of how different your motivations and values are to mine. I comment here because your social media presence is remarkable to me that I like to share it with others.  I have never come across girls so talented and yet be - what appears to me - to be so constrained by circumstance.

I find it so interesting to watch your lives unfold - I’ve been on this journey with you for years. And do you know what I hope to see more than anything? 

For you all to be well, happy, flourishing and thriving. It was a real joy to see from afar Brigid get married and have her little son - and I hope and pray that you girls will find your happiness too. 

I sincerely wish you the very best. 

@Jeronimo that was a great post. I have never had a blog so I have no idea how I would feel if it was discussed somewhere. Probably equal parts flattered and annoyed . Flattered that my words were considered important enough to be talked about but annoyed that my motives and thoughts were being IMO misconstrued.

I have no ill feelings towards these people . They have very little influence in the larger world. I just wish they could break out of the tiny boxes they are in and find something to give their lives meaning.

Fear? :my_huh: Weird that they settled on 'fear' rather that 'they're just jealous' or 'they're just hateful people'. Why would anyone fear them? Did I miss the explanation?

Charlotte and Jessica, if you're reading this, you both have a lot of potential. You obviously have creative energy and some innate curiosity and a drive to do something. You're both still extremely young and you have a lot going for you. If you feel sad or insecure or depressed or confused, it's because you're sitting around with no purpose in your lives. Your lives do not have to simply amount to getting caught up in pyramid schemes and trying to think up other ways to pass the time now that Brigid is married, while you wait for a man to come along. Go to college. Learn a craft. Learn a trade. Get an actual job, or do some real volunteer work (i.e. not working part-time for your dad). Take up a new hobby. Make new friends. Try new things. You two are selling yourselves SO short.

I think you're kind of floundering now that Brigid is gone, which is totally normal, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Please don't just roll over and give up and accept second best for yourselves. Stop focusing on what everyone else is doing and saying and start focusing on your own lives. People who are leading happy, productive lives aren't thinking about what the 'haters' say - why would they be? If you're happy and confident in your choices, what others may think is irrelevant to you. If you're dissatisfied with your lives, that isn't FJ's fault. But the good news is that YOU have the power to change things.

Charlotte’s post above all says to me that the sheen on the oils is starting to fade - but they’ve gone so far down this rabbit hole it’s difficult to turn back now. 

6 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I have no ill feelings towards these people . They have very little influence in the larger world. I just wish they could break out of the tiny boxes they are in and find something to give their lives meaning.

I don't think any of us have expressed any ill will towards them.  We have praised their talents many times.  

I admit to feeling very frustrated with them when they appear exceptionally shallow and judgmental, and when they spout misinformation about essential oils and yoga.  And I certainly mock them for their pretentious behavior as they preach to their deluded followers.  However, we haven't "told lies" about them.  We have just commented on what they say themselves and wondered why they seem so unhappy.  And stressed. 

FWIW, I think Charlotte's instagram rant is probably another poor business decision.  While it may get her some tea and sympathy from a few humpers, and lets her pin on her "persecuted by FJ" button, it will probably get us more traffic in the long run.  Some of her followers are probably scampering over here now to see what the big meanies are saying.

As we have lots of good information here about the dangers of MLMs in general, and the unreliability of YL in particular, perhaps a few people will learn something.

49 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

While it may get her some tea and sympathy from a few humpers, and lets her pin on her "persecuted by FJ" button, it will probably get us more traffic in the long run.  Some of her followers are probably scampering over here now to see what the big meanies are saying.

Could we possibly be talking about the large influx of new members just a day or so ago?  I doubt it was the repeat of Joe's wedding that was the draw.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived