IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I wonder if they still read here and giggle at our musings on them.

Probably, it's not like they have anything else to do with their time! :P 

From the "About" section on the B.Well blog:

Jessica:
Because of Him, I am a new creation, and everything I do is a reflection of the work He is doing in my life.

That is....really not a ringing endorsement of your Lord.

Charlotte:

I am a passionate purist, with a love of all things ancient, fermented, and gut-health related (I’m a bit of a gut-health junkie, to be honest.)

Punctuation aside that made me laugh.  All things fermented?  All?  Shame I couldn't have sent her the fermented milk I found in my youngest's closet a few weeks back. Bold claim Charlotte, bold claim. And all things ancient clearly includes all the different polytheistic religions out there!

We love Jesus, Good Food, Stylish Clothes, and Essential Oils.

But what we love most are capitals.  Gal-pals, German is calling your names.

50 minutes ago, jozina said:

Punctuation aside that made me laugh.  All things fermented?  All?  Shame I couldn't have sent her the fermented milk I found in my youngest's closet a few weeks back. Bold claim Charlotte, bold claim. And all things ancient clearly includes all the different polytheistic religions out there!

Such strange phrasing. I'm a little surprised they haven't started in on kombucha yet -- or maybe that counts as alcohol? Do we know if the Boyers imbibe? I will say, I'm all for kombucha. I just bought a practical growler of it yesterday. I haven't yet upgraded to actually brewing it at home (too busy to farm smelly microorganisms, thanks). In the meantime it would be amusing if the Boyers tried to make SCOBY look all adorable and #thatsdarling.

Today's story is stuff about einkorn...does anyone here know more about it beyond the woo-woo things Charlotte says about it? I admittedly am interested in breadmaking and the qualities of different grains, but I don't trust them for a second. I had never heard of einkorn before B-well, though.

**Edit: Part of my problem doing any general Googling of einkorn is I get a bunch of ill-informed websites of the same vein as B-well, and Young Living selling their variety of it. What a surprise.

39 minutes ago, jozina said:

All things fermented?  All

that would also include fermented grape juice, a.k.a. wine, which is something i can get behind.......

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

I wonder if they still read here and giggle at our musings on them.

i seem to recall back in @Gabe's early days, he implied something like this, and i wouldn't be surprised if it were true.  but what's rather unfortunate is that they were given pretty much no ability to self-reflect (once again, fault of the parents), so there's a good chance that they just sneer and feel superior along with all the giggling.  they likely aren't learning anything about other perspectives, how they appear to others, or whether their own ideas make sense.

I started following EOU several months ago after someone here recommended it. I never heard of EOs until a couple years ago on the Lisa Pennington threads, and EOU among others have been helpful.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:30 AM, Kariina said:

Today's story is stuff about einkorn...does anyone here know more about it beyond the woo-woo things Charlotte says about it? I admittedly am interested in breadmaking and the qualities of different grains, but I don't trust them for a second. I had never heard of einkorn before B-well, though.

Zsu and some of her acolytes are very into einkorn for baking.  The results are rather pale, but I've never tried it.  It seems big in that weird crossover area between hippies and "natural"-focused fundies.

• 3 weeks later...

This is slightly off topic, but has anyone seen this page out of the Essential Oils handbook (the same on the Boyers have)? I wonder what they would think of it...

Screenshot_20180303-123259.png

1 hour ago, Jhamishwat said:

This is slightly off topic, but has anyone seen this page out of the Essential Oils handbook (the same on the Boyers have)? I wonder what they would think of it...

Beyond the nonsense about treating abuse with oil, I am baffled by frankincense to  "set the DNA blueprint."   I worked in a lab doing PCR and fluorescent tagging for a few months in college, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with what DNA is and how it works... am I right in thinking this is bafflegab to impress people who have zero science education?  

31 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Beyond the nonsense about treating abuse with oil, I am baffled by frankincense to  "set the DNA blueprint."   I worked in a lab doing PCR and fluorescent tagging for a few months in college, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with what DNA is and how it works... am I right in thinking this is bafflegab to impress people who have zero science education?  

My crazy Doterra lady loves this stuff. 

@Jhamishwat, please know that this has nothing to do with you (and thank you for sharing), but that page makes me genuinely angry.  i didn't know jack about EO's until very recently, and at first i thought they were nothing more than high-end air fresheners.  granted, that idea came from the early 1990s trend of scented oils that you would put in a little ring-shaped trough that you'd put on your incandescent light bulbs; the heat from the bulb would diffuse the oil (the trend petered out rather quickly because i'm pretty sure they were fire hazards).  

but as i learned that people were using them to treat illnesses, i thought, well as long as they're still getting appropriate medical attention.......but it's crap like that page from the book--yeah, put it on the bruise that your partner just gave you, and everything will be all better. :my_angry:

Organic Ganga oil is great!  It won't cure anything but you can buy organic and whatever your problem is you no longer give a fuck!  I keep mine in my prayer  closet.....going there now!

8 minutes ago, catlady said:

@Jhamishwat, please know that this has nothing to do with you (and thank you for sharing), but that page makes me genuinely angry.  i didn't know jack about EO's until very recently, and at first i thought they were nothing more than high-end air fresheners.  granted, that idea came from the early 1990s trend of scented oils that you would put in a little ring-shaped trough that you'd put on your incandescent light bulbs; the heat from the bulb would diffuse the oil (the trend petered out rather quickly because i'm pretty sure they were fire hazards).  

but as i learned that people were using them to treat illnesses, i thought, well as long as they're still getting appropriate medical attention.......but it's crap like that page from the book--yeah, put it on the bruise that your partner just gave you, and everything will be all better. :my_angry:

I basically use them as air fresheners, and some, like lavender and eucalyptus, do genuinely help open the lungs when sick, but I certainly don't believe they can cure cancer or treat suicidal thoughts and abuse. 

I had one of those oil diffusers years ago, but it used the heat of a tealight candle to warm the oil, in a separate bowl for the oil. Unfortunately, the bowl broke when my cat knocked it off when it was just sitting on a shelf. The thing that comes with a light bulb now is the scented wax melting thing, often sold with wax, through another MLM company, Scentsy. That seems to have replaced the essential oil type of air freshener trend.

I've occasionally used lavender oil or eucalyptus oil diluted in another oil such as jojoba, but that was more because they actually smell nice. If anything, those oils show the placebo effect more than anything, as I've never expected them to cure diseases or treat abuse trauma.

4 hours ago, Jhamishwat said:

The only thing I can agree withfrom this page is that "Common Sense [...] may also be beneficial." What the fuck is wrong with these people? How is this even legal? :angry-screaming:

55 minutes ago, JillyO said:

The only thing I can agree withfrom this page is that "Common Sense [...] may also be beneficial." What the fuck is wrong with these people? How is this even legal? :angry-screaming:

I have to find the page again (found it on another forum), but there's also a section in there about inserting oils rectally and vaginally. Even diluted, that's a big hell to the no. 

Like I’ve said earlier in this topic, stuff like this makes me see red. EOs can be used medicinally (some are in other countries, as far as I remember one prescribes forms of them, as in you can’t buy them the way you can here). Full stop. Some have great healing powers. 

HOWEVER, that healing power is for things like burns, nasal congestion, wound care, ect. NOT cancer, liver disease, domestic violence, or molestation.

I wish I could force people who shill these oils to own (and use, I know, it would never happen) Tisserand’s manual on Essential Oil Safety. Because the very least they could do is try NOT to kill people with their oils.

On 13/02/2018 at 2:51 PM, amandaaries said:

Zsu and some of her acolytes are very into einkorn for baking.  The results are rather pale, but I've never tried it.  It seems big in that weird crossover area between hippies and "natural"-focused fundies.

Einkorn is an interesting grain, but it's just wheat.  It's one of the earliest forms of wheat, grown in ancient Mesopotamia during the earliest known agriculture.  Modern wheat was bred from einkorn.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

Einkorn is an interesting grain, but it's just wheat.  It's one of the earliest forms of wheat, grown in ancient Mesopotamia during the earliest known agriculture.  Modern wheat was bred from einkorn.

Zsu's convinced it's extra special and far superior to modern wheat: http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/2017/02/einkorn-sourdough-artisan-bread-tutorial.html In that post, she claims her son's asthma disappeared with einkorn baking...though she mentions his asthma problems in other posts months later. From my experiences online, einkorn is there with essential oils and organic foods and other specialized areas where fundie health and hippie ideals overlap.  

10 hours ago, FiddleDD said:

Like I’ve said earlier in this topic, stuff like this makes me see red. EOs can be used medicinally (some are in other countries, as far as I remember one prescribes forms of them, as in you can’t buy them the way you can here). Full stop. Some have great healing powers. 

HOWEVER, that healing power is for things like burns, nasal congestion, wound care, ect. NOT cancer, liver disease, domestic violence, or molestation.

I wish I could force people who shill these oils to own (and use, I know, it would never happen) Tisserand’s manual on Essential Oil Safety. Because the very least they could do is try NOT to kill people with their oils.

At first, I thought the manual spoke of ceremonies to be done AFTER a person is well-away from abuse. Since ceremonies can be quite healing for trauma, I thought, "Ok, why not." Then you guys pointed out that...um...the book was inferring physical healing, and there was no mention of getting to safety, or any wording like "The abuse is never the victim's fault", or any encouragement to get qualified mental health treatment--even qualified mental health treatment in addition to EOs.

Back to the quote: You are right, FiddleDD: EOs can be helpful for many things, and harmful in many ways. The lack of regulation makes me very upset. Like I said above, used alongside psychotherapy, safe ceremonies are great for trauma recovery. But no regulation makes safety difficult! 

On 3/3/2018 at 3:33 PM, Jhamishwat said:

So, rub two drops of Hope (whatever that is) on your ears and you'll no longer be suicidal?  Really?

Trigger warning for abuse

Spoiler

For sexual abuse, apply the oil where the abuse took place??

HELL NO.  Just no.  One should never apply oils to the delicate skin of sexual organs, and definitely not swallow it, but I am just so incredibly angry at all of this.

9 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

At first, I thought the manual spoke of ceremonies to be done AFTER a person is well-away from abuse. Since ceremonies can be quite healing for trauma, I thought, "Ok, why not." Then you guys pointed out that...um...the book was inferring physical healing, and there was no mention of getting to safety, or any wording like "The abuse is never the victim's fault", or any encouragement to get qualified mental health treatment--even qualified mental health treatment in addition to EOs.

Back to the quote: You are right, FiddleDD: EOs can be helpful for many things, and harmful in many ways. The lack of regulation makes me very upset. Like I said above, used alongside psychotherapy, safe ceremonies are great for trauma recovery. But no regulation makes safety difficult! 

I was thinking this too but realized that was very New Agey and these people are the type of Christians that would have fits if anything New Age related came near them. They are so sheltered they are clueless how much they parallel New Age practices.

Next, they will start bringing in ouiji boards and Tarot cards.

20 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Trigger warning for abuse

Reveal hidden contents

For sexual abuse, apply the oil where the abuse took place??

HELL NO.  Just no.  One should never apply oils to the delicate skin of sexual organs, and definitely not swallow it, but I am just so incredibly angry at all of this.

Spoiler

Not only that, is it meant to apply to themselves? I know adults can be sexually abused but in most cases we think children when we think sexual abuse. Who is this written for? WTF.

4 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:
Spoiler

Not only that, is it meant to apply to themselves? I know adults can be sexually abused but in most cases we think children when we think sexual abuse. Who is this written for? WTF.

Spoiler

Especially as it's sexual or parental abuse.  Ugh, I feel ill.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived