IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Dear author extraordinaire, Lori,

The correct phrase is ‘number of books’, not ‘amount of books’.

You’re welcome. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Women can't be a "pearl of great price" yet their price can be "far above rubies." (See: https://thetransformedwife.com/rubies-are-difficult-to-find/

At the end of today's blog post, Lori says:

We will all have work to do on ourselves to become more like Christ until the day we die.

We need to be continually examining ourselves to make sure that we are in the faith and producing good fruit.

How Christ-like do I need to be? How do I know if I am "in" or "out" of the faith? How do you even measure faith? How much good fruit is enough good fruit?

Inquiring minds need to know.

10 minutes ago, Florita said:

Women can't be a "pearl of great price" yet their price can be "far above rubies." (See: https://thetransformedwife.com/rubies-are-difficult-to-find/

How Christ-like do I need to be? How do I know if I am "in" or "out" of the faith? How do you even measure faith? How much good fruit is enough good fruit?

Lori has a yard stick for each of your concerns.  You must keep reading and following all her advice and you'll definitely get to heaven.

With her.

22 minutes ago, Florita said:

Apparently Lori feels that Christ's earthly ministry consisted of blogging, Facebook pages, writing books, copying other people's words and not attributing them, criticizing basically every single woman on the planet, going viral, as well as contradicting herself endlessly. If that was his ministry, then Lori is emulating Christ perfectly.

20 minutes ago, Carol said:

Lori has a yard stick for each of your concerns.  You must keep reading and following all her advice and you'll definitely get to heaven.

With her.

Honestly, that sounds more like hell to me.  No way would I want to spend eternity with Lori Alexander.  However, it would be interesting to see her with people she doesn't care for (strong, independent THINKING women) for even  few days.  (Though I do believe that others should be paid hazard pay!)

I am angrier and ragier at Lori today than I have ever been. 

This paragraph . . . 

Yes, a man who cheats on his wife is wrong, but so is a wife who lives in rebellion to her husband’s leadership, disrespects him, and treats him with indifference. She began the tearing down of her home long before her husband had the affair. I have yet to mentor a woman who was a godly, submissive wife and was kind, respectful, and did what she could to be the best help meet to her husband that she could be yet have a husband who had an affair. Can it happen? Of course it can but generally, there is something that pushes a husband away from is wife to want to cheat on her. But there are some men who are simply evil and perverse. I am not writing about them.

. . . has my blood boiling.

A man who cheats on his wife is wrong, period. if Lori had even had one sentence in there that acknowledges the pain, I wouldn't feel quite as incensed as I do right now. But she can't even manage that. She is adding so much pain onto an already-painful situation.

I am working with a woman in my own marriage ministry work right now who is going through this. I desperately hope she doesn't see this post.

We need to be continually examining ourselves to make sure that we are in the faith and producing good fruit.

Blogger, heal thyself. And shut the hell up.

I imagine it’s pretty easy to be “Christ-like” when you’ve never had to compromise your morals or beliefs to feed your children, were never forced to engage in illegal activity just to pay your rent, have the ability to take long breaks and vacations and have your employees keep your household in order and your kids cared for so that you don’t burn out, and have someone else make all your life choices. 

I can't really comment on Lori's post today because it makes me so angry. 

I will say this:  I really believe that Lori could have and wanted to end that post with "This is what I've done when Ken has cheated on me."  

Here's a comment I'd like to post on Lori's blog

Lori, do you think the reverse is true? Are men mostly at fault when their wives cheat? I need to know, because I am thinking of cheating with a coworker and it would really help to know if my husband would be partly to blame.

Permit me to bitch about the ol' switcheroo she is doing to her readers:

There are a lot of women teaching other women that they are “good enough” and if their husbands cheat on them, it’s not their fault. It’s purely the husband’s fault. If a man breaks up with them, it’s not their fault for they are the “pearl of great price” and “worthy of more.”

That's the intro that posts on Facebook. Seems innocuous, right? But then you actually read the blog and KAPOW- it TOTALLY is your fault if your husband cheats on you!

I am so glad to know I can come here and find like-minded people, because if I truly thought that all the fangurlz and their reactions were the ONLY reactions, I would absolutely want to stab sharp knives in my eyes to make the pain of her being in the world with me stop.  Holy motherfucking crap on a cracker.  She can take my wifely unsubmissiveness and choke on it.

She goes on and on about how people (women) are "not good enough".  How self deprecating is that???  Seriously.  If this were a different person, I'd feel sorry for her.   How can it possibly be healthy to go through life believing you're not worthy of anything??  That the answer to life is paste on a fake smile, constantly compare your life to a single act of Roman aggression, and say, "well at least I'm not being physically tortured!".  "Happiness is a choice".  Yeah.  To a point.  It's also a serotonin release that happens when you pet a furry creature or do something nice for someone.  

Look, I'm all about try to make it work even in the face of adversity, exhaust all avenues first.  But dammit, I'm not going to go through life believing I'm "not worthy" and constantly try to live up to an impossible perfection that I know I'll never hit!  It's no wonder most of her readers mention fighting depression, who wouldn't???

So, this is weird.  She had 165 Amazon reviews yesterday, and only 163 today.  There was a time, a post like yesterdays would have guaranteed her a few sympathy stars, but apparently not this time.  Not a single fan girl has reviewed her book in the last 24 hours, and she still has a glowing 2.5 out of 5 stars.

I would love to know what was deleted, and if those reviewers deleted because Lori contacted them (as she had planned to do with one woman).

Also, she seems to be laboring under the delusion that unless your review is marked "verified purchase", you couldn't have possibly read her book.  

In Oct. 2016 she said:

Amazon allows anyone to write a review of a book without purchasing it, so I am receiving a number of one star reviews from trolls who haven’t read my book but are on a crusade to discredit it.

1.   It's not impossible to read the book (even have a verified purchase), and STILL give it a one star review.  It's highly possible that people read the book and still thought it was crap.

Contrary to Lori's foolish belief, reading the book does not necessarily = A 5 star review

2.  A large portion of the 5 star reviews ARE NOT FROM A VERIFIED PURCHASER.  That could be because Lori said you don't need to read the book to give it a 5 star review, but who knows.  It could also be because ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS, Lori has practically begged for 5 star reviews.

The point is, Lori has no issue with Amazon accepting 5 star reviews without proof of purchase, but thinks it's unfair to get 1 star reviews:

I have no idea why Amazon allows people who haven't even read a book to slander and rate it in this way but the women who have given my book one star want nothing whatsoever to do with biblical womanhood 

Ignore that last part.  We all know that Lori is the picture of Biblical womanhood, so naturally if you disagree with her book, it's because you HATE God and "his ways".

BUT, back to her claim that if you've given her one star, it's because you didn't read her book. 

Yesterday:

Here are some of the last few comments I received on Amazon about my book from the many women who have not read my book and have given me one star:

Again, she has NO PROOF that these people have not read her book.  None at all.

Finally, back in Oct. 2016 she said:

I mostly ignore the trolls, and my sister warned me to not read their reviews. 

There is one review (yes, I peeked), however, that I want to respond to since it is so far from reality. (I have no idea how they know about this incident in my book since they were not listed as a “verified purchase” on Amazon 

And again, the reviewer has clearly read the book, but Lori pretends to be baffled as to how she knows what's in it.  :bangheaddesk: SHE READ IT, that's how!

That first bit? "I peeked"?  Yeah, it's safe to say that Lori "peeks" a lot, as she is constantly referring to her Amazon reviews, even though she claims that she doesn't care one little bit.

Understand that I haven't lost one night of sleep over this!

Translation:

I am losing TONS of sleep over reviews that I have no power to delete.

Jan. 14, 2018:

I wake up every morning around 2:00 am 

My guess?  She wakes up to delete comments on her blog and various social media accounts.  Then she heads over to Amazon and stews over the 1 star reviews. 

Mystery solved.  You're welcome.

Hmm. How about I combine a "note of encouragement" from yesterday with today's topic, eh, Lori?

Way to go, Lori.  You are a world class hypocrite.  The Pharisees had nothing on your ability to twist Scripture to add your own, crazy, self-serving legalistic requirements in the name of faith.  I especially admire your ability to sleep at night after proudly sabotaging your own birth control, tricking your husband into having a child just so you could stay home, and how you now wholeheartedly lie to him and others regularly in the name of promoting yourself an "expert" on "Biblical submission".  

You want to know who considers me good enough?  Jesus, that's who.  In fact He considered me worthy enough to die on a cross for my sins, and has credited His righteousness to me.  Who are you, Lori Alexander, to question the value and worth that God Himself has placed on my life? 

Who does God consider responsible for adultery? Throughout the BIBLE, it's indicated that the adulterer is responsible.    Please let me know if you need a copy that has more than Proverbs 31 and Titus in it. Unlike you with the garbage you call a book that you wrote,  I would gladly send one to you at my own expense if I believed you would read it to understand and be transformed by God.

My Bible says that I am created in the image of God and that I have value. Christ tells me I am enough even when I come to him in my brokenness. My sins are not who I am, there is a distinct difference in my opinion. Just like I tell my clients that they are not their depression, I am not my sin. However, I bear responsibility for the stuff I do wrong, and so does a cheater. If a person cheats they are responsible period. 

Total digression from current conversation ahead:

Mr 05’s hours are 6 to 2:30. If I was a good submissive wife with dinner on the table as soon as he walked in the door, we’d be eating at about 2:50 in the afternoon. Many days he has an hour of overtime which would make it 3:50. Still way too early.

Her rules, as always, apply to her own narrow world never taking in to account that not everyone lives an upper middle class life with money for extras and 9 to 5 jobs that can support a family on one income.

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Mr 05’s hours are 6 to 2:30. If I was a good submissive wife with dinner on the table as soon as he walked in the door, we’d be eating at about 2:50 in the afternoon. Many days he has an hour of overtime which would make it 3:50. Still way too early.

Her rules, as always, apply to her own narrow world never taking in to account that not everyone lives an upper middle class life with money for extras and 9 to 5 jobs that can support a family on one income.

Lori does better than that!  Friday's dinner is ready on Monday.  Because nothing says Friday night dinner like week old soup and salad. :pb_wink: 

Seriously though, we all know Ken "fends for himself", so I don't know why she pretends to cook on anything resembling a regular basis.  I hate cooking and "cooking's ways", and I still cook way more than Lori.

6 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Dear author extraordinaire, Lori,

The correct phrase is ‘number of books’, not ‘amount of books’.

You’re welcome. 

I remember one of the biology teachers at school told us not to use the word "amount" in an exam. You can always use another word, e.g. number, sum, quantity. 

In the comments Lori doubles down on the "if your husband cheats, it's because you ain't Christian enough" stance.

double.JPG.a4b7680c367f2db9abd6ec99b643624e.JPG

Apparently faith can be lost if we don't examine it often enough. (Oops! I forgot to believe!?!) This smells like a form of prosperity gospel to me.

I'm reminded and comforted by a sermon I heard at at catholic funeral recently. The priest said we can be sure the deceased is in heaven not because of what he had accomplished, but because of what Jesus had accomplished for him.

Lori is the nastiest, most evil, pure wicked person I’ve ever heard of that is not a criminal. It depresses me that humans like her exist. 

I have to avoid Lori because I don’t like how angry I feel when I read her posts.

This should be Lori’s Life Verse:

”And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.”

Matthew 7:3-5

Lori is a “Bible cherry picker” yet acts like she abhors those people! Lori YOU are a lie.

I feel like Lori's deleting game must be strong today as I haven't seen any comments on her adultery post. Either that or everyone is ignoring her. 

4 hours ago, Anna Arkadyevna said:

I am so glad to know I can come here and find like-minded people, because if I truly thought that all the fangurlz and their reactions were the ONLY reactions, I would absolutely want to stab sharp knives in my eyes to make the pain of her being in the world with me stop.  Holy motherfucking crap on a cracker.  She can take my wifely unsubmissiveness and choke on it.

Oh, no, they're definitely not the only reactions. And you don't even have to come here to FJ to see that. Just sit at your computer for an hour or two, turn on the notifications for one or two of Lori's latest FB posts, and watch how many comments she deletes. She's had at least half a dozen comments on this morning's 'Are We Good Enough' post, but when I click on the notification pop-ups for them, every single one has disappeared. In, like, the three seconds it took me to get there. No, make that two seconds, because I'm quick.  But not as quick as Lori with her well-toned delete finger. :my_dodgy:   Those comments were clearly  not from the fangurl

Blog post: If the husband cheats, the wife must win the wayward husband without a word.

Instagram post: If the husband does not love the wife, do not blame the husband.

Summary: Wives are always responsible. Husbands are not to be blamed. Wives must also submit to their husbands.

Question: Why marry then? It seems to be a bad bargain especially for women. Even Jesus and Paul were not married.

Bible: Paul said it is better to marry if people cannot control themselves (1 Corinthians 7:9). The disciples said to Jesus that it's better not to marry (Matthew 19:10).

Why do people like Lori tie themselves up in knots over all of this?  Live your life, try to be happy, enjoy your family if they are deserving, and be nice to people, especially your spouse if you have one.  Live this life and stop worrying about the next one, which, in my opinion, doesn’t exist. Leave others to believe whatever they choose to believe.  Life is too damn short.  That’s my mantra and it’s worked pretty well for me.  I will never understand.  We have one life.  It’s such a waste.

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Mr. EW goes in 3/4 AM to 2:30/3:30 PM. Yea, dinner isn't happening that early lol 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived