IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

4 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I looked for the verse in the Bible that says only men should drive their families around, pay for meals at restaurants and do all household repairs. Alas, I have come up empty. 

try again but this time use these glasses

ben-gates-glasses.png.bdfc74e557ff8ea3a6ce7c43e0a3d3b4.png

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

oh, that reminds me of a story. I get car sick. It went away for a while but back with a vengeance since I was pregnant with #3 six years ago. The story happened when I was a kid. It was summer and my parents stopped to vote and us kids waited in the car. We were about 5 miles from home. I told my parents I didn't feel good. Dad (who I was sitting behind) said wait we are almost home. yeah, well, I lost my corn (seriously, I remember it was corn) all over his seatbelt and his bald spot on his head. From then on if I said I was sick, he pulled over quick. :D

It only takes once to learn to pay attention when a kid says s/he feels carsick!  

16 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

It only takes once to learn to pay attention when a kid says s/he feels carsick!  

My BIL made my sister go to church one evening even after she said she didn't feel well. She ended up throwing up allllllllll over herself, car, door and everything. He listened to her from then on. That'll learn him. 

2 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

Due to my having issues with car sickness (somehow related to my migraines, per my neurologist), I make a lousy passenger.  I do all the driving (unless i'm sick).  And, horror of horrors, my husband *gasp* cooks, does laundry and wears a kilt!  If not driving is enough to take his real man card, I guess that my husband is really a woman with a hairy chest and legs!

Funny, I get severe carsickness as well and have horrible migraines. Not sure if they are related but......anyway like you, I tend to do the driving in our family. My husband doesn't mind at all, because he knows that I tend to feel sick if I am a passenger. Lori just doesn't understand. Me driving takes absolutely nothing away from my husband's manliness. He is not threatened by it.  In fact to me, he is even more manly for wanting me to be the most comfortable I can be in the car and that place is in the driver's seat. It would really make him an ass if he insisted on driving himself - even though it made me sick - just to prove some "gender roles". But then again, Lori is married to Ken......

Oh Lori. 

"I was home full time and Ken worked to provide. He always drove, paid at restaurants, took care of the heavy and broken things in and around the home, and prayed over family meals."

What an amazingly simple and elitist view of men. Her low opinion of men and their worth is glaringly obvious.

30 minutes ago, EowynW said:

My BIL made my sister go to church one evening even after she said she didn't feel well. She ended up throwing up allllllllll over herself, car, door and everything. He listened to her from then on. That'll learn him. 

He made her? As in, they believe in male headship? Wow

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

I looked for the verse in the Bible that says only men should drive their families around, pay for meals at restaurants and do all household repairs. Alas, I have come up empty. 

That's because it's found in Bullshiticus 2:5, not in the Bible lol. 

I've never understood the need to force activity into divisions by gender rather than by areas of skill/interest/and dare I say giftedness?

I think it comes from things like:  I am the only one in my family of origin that has an inherent sense of direction.  The only one.  And my family was big on "gender appropriateness", but still, pragmatism will win out:

When I was very small, we would go on road trips and get lost every time, regardless of whether Mum or Dad was driving or playing navigator.  It would end up hours in a hot car with everyone mad and my dad having inappropriate fits of rage until somewhere along the way, they realized: I knew which way to go every time.  I think I was about 5 when I got appointed the official family navigator because my parents realized I could save us all time (and angst as well as gas money!).  When I was around 10, and we were part of a group caravan going to a brother's soccer tournament, I remember calling out from the back of the van and asking why we were all going the wrong way.  By that time, my family trusted me, and my dad got on the CB and asked the lead car to pull over and check - and we had all taken a wrong turn.

When I was old enough to drive, it just seemed natural for me to be the one in our family who drove the family on long trips.  It was simply a natural extension of my strengths within our family. I think we were all happier for it.  None of us got confused about gender.  

When I go on road trips now, I still enjoy driving for long stretches.  My husband and his brother and I took a road trip last summer, and I drove all of us about 90% of the time - and it was my brother-in-law's SUV.  None of us thought of it as a gender issue.  It is an "AuntK enjoys driving and we don't" kind of division of labor.  

Why try to force gender into everything? That is the part that is broken and twisted. Lori cannot seem to grasp that her reductionist view of women and only talking about 2-3 Bible verses is just that:  broken and twisted, and limits her understanding of what it means to be a human being created in the image of God.  She has no paradigm to discuss ontology or personhood; just flat rote roles.  

25 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Oh Lori. 

"I was home full time and Ken worked to provide. He always drove, paid at restaurants, took care of the heavy and broken things in and around the home, and prayed over family meals."

What an amazingly simple and elitist view of men. Her low opinion of men and their worth is glaringly obvious.

And we all know that even that is not completely true.  Ken very much wanted Lori to help provide (at least until they had their second child), so she worked the first two years of Alyssa's life.  Lori's response was to sabotage her birth control in order to produce her ticket to stay home her second child.  Then she hired a nanny and a housekeeper to do all of the things she claimed she wanted to stay home and do.

Ken has some weird thing about it being okay to work if you only have one child, but once you have two, it's too much, so you get to quit your job.  Anyway...

I think pretty much everything Lori does is motivated by laziness.  She just flat out doesn't want to do anything.  As she says, she loves to be served, and likes to sit back and watch people do things for her.  In Lori's mind, women who are motivated, educated, career driven, only serve to highlight her extreme laziness.

Therefore, motivation/education/career= HATING God and His ways!

Once again, I have to mention...military wives?  We do it ALL, and work outside the home, volunteer and practice religion (some even Christianity!). All these ‘support the troops’ far right loons are nowhere to be seen when help is needed. In fact, some like Lori profess we’re being unbiblical. 

I truly despise her. 

49 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Yep, sadly. :-/

He didn't say, "Of course stay home if you feel sick, honey. Can I pick up anything for you on my way home?"

Sorry to rag on your sister. I come from a completely insane family myself, but still the concept of a woman being treated like a child amazes me. Once my kids hit about 10, they decided for themselves whether they were too sick to go to school. So it's not just being treated like a child, it's being treated like a LITTLE child.

I would not do well in a marriage like that. I'm mad on your sister's behalf!

Men and women balance each other perfectly. His success depends on his wife’s support, and her ability to stay home and do those things for him depends on his success. It’s a never ending perfect circle.

I like the latest idiot, trying to make out that her husband could not wash a shirt without her. God they make men look like idiots.

I am a SAHM and I do all the laundry and it  is still only about 1% of my day. I am sure a single man can come home and put his clothes in the washer and dryer during the evening. It's not that hard.

When I am out of town, my husband does not go around in dirty clothes like a four year old who needs constant care. He does his own laundry and --gasp--never even mentions it to me.

4 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

not to mention she does have some serious health issues that would make cleaning difficult. 

Does she though?  Have you ever noticed she uses words like "sick," "ill," "tired," never any kind of specifics other than the brain tumor which she had surgery on so it shouldn't be causing her any problems that keep her from cleaning.

As someone with chronic health issues, I find it very odd that she never really says what is actually wrong with her.

If you (general you, not YOU you) have been a member for any length of time, you probably have at least some idea of what my health issues are.

I can name the health issues from a number of people here that also have chronic health issues.

I have NO idea why Lori is always "sick," though.  Her parasites are not an issue anymore.  Tumor was removed.  So what exactly leaves her unable to do her own cleaning other than her inherent laziness and being spoiled by her privilege.

4 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

It's in the section that COMMANDS older women to have blogs and be on the internet all day, every day "monitoring" other grown ass adults.

5 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I can't even begin to speak to this one right now.Doodle.jpg.e0d5e0538241f5d5862bb5badd379fc6.jpg

I have to say, the fact that the Bible does not specifically spell out at any point that women have equal rights with men makes me think that the God of the Bible doesn't really care much about the issue, especially with all the Biblical stuff that can so easily be used to keep women 'in their place.'  

Just to be clear I'm not saying that Jesus would approve of Lori's bullshit, because I don't think he would. If the subject had ended with Jesus we'd be a lot better off, but the Bible also includes Paul's writings, which give me the impression that whatever deity he was getting his message from didn't care much about women. 

Just taking a quick ride on the Atheist Speculation Bus here, but maybe, just maybe, if women had participated in writing the Bible, it may have included female disciples.  Unfortunately we will never know. 

I agree, Curious, that Lori's description of her "illnesses" are quite vague and I suspect she gets a lot of secondary gain out of them. Think of it--you are married to a man you are not attracted to. This man wants sex about four times per week. You are required to submit to him.  I might get "sick", too, under those circumstances. What other tool does she have?

Saying "no" opens a whole can of worms about depriving Ken and causing him to go crazy, or whatever it is they say will happen. Saying "I'm not interested" does not sound like it will work on someone who finds sex "sacred" and who is really quite content if only he is "satisfied."

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Once again, I have to mention...military wives?  We do it ALL, and work outside the home, volunteer and practice religion (some even Christianity!). All these ‘support the troops’ far right loons are nowhere to be seen when help is needed. In fact, some like Lori profess we’re being unbiblical. 

I truly despise her. 

PREACH. Mr. Bonkers is working 15 hour days (and will be for the next two years or so). If he didn't have me or the kids, he'd be fine-living in a small apartment that doesn't require a lot of cleaning, but probably eating out more than he does now! ;) I have no job at the moment, so I volunteer, take care of the house, and consider myself a Christian feminist.  TOTES unbiblical....

And regarding her latest doodle-she completely misses the message of Jesus by filtering it through her internalized misogyny. Only 25% of the apostles witnessed the transfiguration. Just ONE person baptized Jesus (and he was not even one of the 12 Disciples!). If she wanted to be honest with herself, she would note the Samaritan woman at the well whom Jesus told to say that He was the Son of God. Or Mary, who was the first to see Him after the resurrection and proclaimed that He was alive.  Or Mary, who learned at his feet, instead of pursuing more "feminine habits". Does she just black out the story of Mary and Martha in her Bible?

43 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Just taking a quick ride on the Atheist Speculation Bus here, but maybe, just maybe, if women had participated in writing the Bible, it may have included female disciples.  Unfortunately we will never know. 

Commenting again to note that this is why Lori uses the King James Version of the Bible, rather than say, the NIV. The NIV translation actually included a few women, which is why Lori would never use the "feminazi" NIV.

1 minute ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Or Mary, who learned at his feet, instead of pursuing more "feminine habits". Does she just black out the story of Mary and Martha in her Bible?

This is one of the things that irritate me the most about Lori. She totally dismisses Mary, sitting at the very feet of Jesus while her sister runs around doing stuff that really, in terms of eternity, is not very important. Stuff that Lori thinks is the ONLY thing women should be doing. Stuff that Jesus basically dismissed as unnecessary.

But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

I can't even begin to speak to this one right now.Doodle.jpg.e0d5e0538241f5d5862bb5badd379fc6.jpg

This is the most depressing and saddest doodle of hers. It breaks my heart that she truly believes this. 

I think it needs to be noted too that women were treated as property for most of the Bible. Jesus had no authority to appoint anyone to any position in the temple. He could have said that women are equal to men but he had a more important message to get out. If you look at the way he did treat women and men you will see that it was equal. Take the adulterer for instance. He could have condemned her like the rest by he didn’t. 

Does anyone remember the time Lori told a reader (whose husband wanted her to vote as she wished) that she should just decide to make her opinion the same as her husband's opinion?

Well, it turns out that Ken and Lori DO NOT completely agree about working mothers.  That's right- Lori is preaching a message day in and day out, that Ken isn't 100% on board with.

Ken:

The second issue Lori and I are not in complete agreement is working mothers. I work with hundreds of working mothers throughout the world in my job. Some are highly successful doing both 

The obvious question?  Why doesn't Lori decide to make Ken's opinion, her opinion?  She's just an easily deceived woman, so who is she to disagree with him, (much less, publicly, and on a daily basis)?

Besides that, she claims that he is the head of her, and the filter for what she writes on her blog.  If that's so, her message should reflect his views, not her own.  

27 minutes ago, EowynW said:

This is the most depressing and saddest doodle of hers. It breaks my heart that she truly believes this. 

Jesus is on my side!!! Mine, mine!!

9 hours ago, Loveday said:

My husband would love it if I did all the driving. I guess that means he's not a real man.

Jesus take the wheel. :roll:

I pretty much do all of our driving!  My car, I usually drive. Hubs car, he usually drives. His care if a classic El Camino without a working air conditioner and the driver's window doesn't roll down  so I much prefer to take my car! Although if it's a long trip, he usually drives and I crochet! Since he got laid off nearly 2 years ago and has been self employed, he does the vacuuming. I start the laundry and one of us puts in the dryer but he's usually the one who gets it out and puts the clean clothes up.  He's an Engineer, by the way. But apparently, he's not a real man because he does some of the housework?  I'm the main breadwinner since the lay off, I can imagine what idiotic Lori would say about that!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived