IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

I think Jon probably does better than we think- he is project manager for a company that handles million dollar projects (medical facilities and such). Alyssa earns money from her contracts with toesox and lululemon (not sure how lucrative those are), and from the classes she teaches (also not likely lucrative). They appear to live a very comfort upper middle class lifestyle- dinners, spa days, weekends away, Caribbean getaways, expensive groceries, etc. I think he and Alyssa have broken away (as much as possible) and part of me hopes he has put his foot down when it comes to Lori. 

I suspect Steven and Emily will stay in NY- he’s a partner in what appears to be an upscale, boutique practice. I think she has social aspirations and has probably made some headway (as an aside I have issue with the concept of beautycounter and how it caters to the elite- if ingredients are such a concern, and those companies are dedicated to safer products, it should be easily accesssed and not cost prohibitive). I also don’t think she would want to be under Lori’s thumb on the regular. 

I do have to question the decision to attend law school- it’s expensive and there have been reports on saturation. Or maybe he feels a noble calling and is interested in serving as a DA or public defender. Or maybe he and Erin have seen how everyday, two income families (for that matter single parent families) work and still manage to get shit done. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I think Jon probably does better than we think- he is project manager for a company that handles million dollar projects (medical facilities and such).

An experienced project manager, especially with the PMP certification can easily make 6 figures. 

I followed Alyssa on Instagram because even if I can't dance it fascinates me.  She seems like a very nice person who tries to post uplifting, positive things. I'm glad to she she's overcoming her struggles and working towards health. 

However, I can see where she might make Lori angry. I had an aunt who taught ballet (and as such I had a very short ballet career at like four lol) and it take a ton of time, practice, and effort. Plus she's a brand ambassador so taking all those Instagram shots and showing off the product takes time. Add in her barre classes and her nutrition therapy and I can bet she's working full time. Plus her "immodest" outfits,that I think look super cute, and her lack of children probably puts Lori on edge. Alyssa's friends might not be the conservative, Christian individuals Lori wants her children to associate with. Pure speculation on my part though.

12 hours ago, louisa05 said:

You guys, Lori can’t volunteer for anything. Godly women don’t leave their houses.

Except for when they go on their ten week vacations. Or out to expensive dinners. Or when they are out taking photos of other people or their houses so they can blog about how ungodly they are.

But other than all that, godly mentors stay at home.

I remember back in the days of old on Always Learning, Lori said she couldn't imagine anyone wanting to volunteer at a food bank or shelter unless maybe they could proselytize. Helping others just does not compute for her.

28 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I remember back in the days of old on Always Learning, Lori said she couldn't imagine anyone wanting to volunteer at a food bank or shelter unless maybe they could proselytize. Helping others just does not compute for her.

WTF...

She’s such a huge stain on Christianity. I wish other Christian bloggers would call her out like she has done to them and ream her a new one. Unfortunately though, that may give her the VIRAL attention she’s desperate for.

I don’t understand her twisting of the Bible. Her post about being a stay at home grandma isn’t biblical. Neither is being a stay at home mom. Things were different back then, women were property. Any argument, or scriptures, that she can use to justify her women only being homemakers can also be used against it. Proverbs 31 women worked outside of the home and had servants. Sure she managed her servents but she still didn’t do it herself. Most women who work outside of the home also help take care of it. She said that older women are instructed to teach younger women to be homemakers and that isn’t 100% true. The verse says: 

Titus 2:4-5 King James Version (KJV)

4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

arent these the things that parents are supposed to teach their kids? I don’t need a women older than me trying to teach me how to run my house when I learned that from my parents through chores and observation. 

It saddened me to see this innocent picture with toys of very young children juxtaposed with her awful words. You cant have a heart and abuse in this way.   It is evil, sick and demented

5a7f30ee5bd37_breakachild.jpg.4a60f5900e0088a0fc2c3d635f6eeb66.jpg.

1 hour ago, Liza said:

It saddened me to see this innocent picture with toys of very young children juxtaposed with her awful words. You cant have a heart and abuse in this way.   It is evil, sick and demented

5a7f30ee5bd37_breakachild.jpg.4a60f5900e0088a0fc2c3d635f6eeb66.jpg.

O my, Lori has really got her theology mixed up here.

- the whole breaking your children’s will is NOT in the Bible, but we’ve established that before 

- ‘replacing it with a will to obey’, that is basically a conversion and Lori should know parents cannot convert their children. Nobody has that kind of power over another person. You can frighten them into compliance, you can destroy their will and make them robots, or you can challenge your child to choose well by showing it is the best way, but you CANNOT replace a will to do evel with a will to do good. And certainly not through discipline.

- And that is such a basic point of Christian theology, that I am surprised she misses it. The law cannot change people. The law showed us our sins, but was unable to make us righteous. Law and punishment did not change the hearts of the people of God in the Old Testament, and that is the whole backdrop for the story of the cross. Love and grace accomplished what law and punishment could not. People were renewed inside. God himself gave them a new heart. Are you reading Lori? It was God, not their parents. Here are your back-up verses:

Ezekiel 36:  26And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.b 27And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.

Romans 2: 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praised from God, not from people.

12 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Since I just re-read her last post, I am in a rage over it. I have hated it since I started reading her bullshit.

I am in a rage over all her latest posts as well.. And while I believe posting  alternative opinions/logic/calling out her wrong thinking will  1 - fall on deaf ears will 2 - result in a scolding  and 3-  end of up being deleted....I'm almost ALMOST but not quite compelled to blast her.   And this is sooooo against my nature to flame people online even those who deserve it. But LORI --I'm telling you, you are PUSHING MY BUTTONS.   In all seriousness, the worst part is all the sheeple who buy her crap and believe this is the way to be a Christian. It is NOT.  

9 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

WTF...

She’s such a huge stain on Christianity. I wish other Christian bloggers would call her out like she has done to them and ream her a new one. Unfortunately though, that may give her the VIRAL attention she’s desperate for.

IIRC, one blogger Sheila and another Christian blogger called her out.  But, the call outs didn't go viral. . If someone like Joyce Meyer called her out Lori, I don't think Lori and her fangirls would be able to dish it out. Ken might not want to white knight Lori against someone like Joyce.

I hope Lori is somehow brought down publicly in 2018.

She’s back rehashing Kate Millet and citing feminism as the cause for the world’s downfall. Except that it’s not. 

I really want to ask her how she’s teaching Titus 2. Criticizing feminism and Christian women who work just serves to stir up her leg jumpers with self-righteous indignation. It reeks of stirring the pot, controversy, and tearing people down. 

I’ve said it before, Lori, but you are dense, so it bears repeating. Raised in a two parent Christian home where both parents worked. Active in church. Married for 18 years to a man who appreciates my intellect and independence. A clinical social worker who works in higher ed, as led by God. Raising two amazing kiddos who attend public school, who love God, and who will be world changers. My 10 year old daughter daily stands up for kids who are bullied or teased- without concern for her own social status. Something you would never do. My husband are in it for the long haul and we approach it all as a team. We don’t have a lot of money or material things, and our last true vacation was 6 wars ago, but we have love, joy, and peace that passes understanding. It is evident that you have neither. 

And to any lurkers here- I was one a few months ago as I grappled with Lori’s teachings- be encouraged. You are worthy and you are loved. Seek His will alone- not the will of a lonely malicious woman on the internet. 

From the quoted piece today:

In their madness they have conspired to destroy masculinity, drugging our little boys while trying to remake them into little girls...

Huh?  I’m speechless. 

Welp, Trey is back.  Crazy, the kind of people Lori and Ken have ended up associating with.  I guess the apple never falls far from the tree...

Women don’t understand the truth (what the Bible says) about why they were created and what their purpose is on this earth.

Women were created as a companion and a helper FOR the man. Yes, she was actually created FOR the man.

She was created to bring glory to the man.

A woman’s husband is her head. He is her highest authority on this earth, second only to Christ in his authority over her.

She is to submit to, serve and obey her husband in everything, as long as he does not ask her to sin. She is to do this even if her husband is mean, unreasonable and cruel and it causes her unjust suffering.

Sounds a lot like justifying abuse, doesn't?

She is to submit to her husband just as she would submit to Jesus Himself if He were living in the house with her.

In and through all of this she is to reverence her husband, showing him the highest form of respect, mingled with fear.

He continues:

Kurios literally means an owner and master, a person who exercises absolute ownership rights. Sarah considered her husband to be her owner and her master and she is held up to you as an example to follow. Do you consider your husband to be your owner and your master?

Are you living out the purpose for which you were created… serving, submitting to, obeying and bringing glory to your husband, or are you tearing your house, your church and all of civilization down with your own hands? 

This guy is a piece of work, and Lori and Ken are so much like him, that they don't even see it. 

Well, Ken probably knows it makes them look bad, and it probably makes him squirm, but I seriously doubt he'll have the guts to speak up.  I shutter to think what would happen if he treated Queen Lori like he was her master and owner...

Lori doesn't want to live that way...she just wants other women to have to.

13 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I've never understood that mindset. Just like my former fundie church refusing to support the local crisis pregnancy center because they weren't "Christian enough."

I am grateful for my fundie mother in this area. While our family had its fair share of stupid and damaging fundie issues and beliefs, my mom was very generous and giving. She took us volunteering often. We worked at the pregnancy centers, food banks, elderly and shut ins. We once spent thanksgiving helping serve thanksgiving lunch in conjunction with the large SBC church in town, feeding the homeless and those in need. I do really appreciate my mom modeling that attitude. And it's something I want to never let go of. Especially after watching people like my inlaws, who refuse to help and cling to their money, griping about the poor and people down on their luck. 

Are you living out the purpose for which you were created… serving, submitting to, obeying and bringing glory to your husband, or are you tearing your house, your church and all of civilization down with your own hands? 

Good lord, the hubris. Obey and submit to your husband or else *you're* responsible for civilization falling into ruin? Okay, but last I checked, women weren't starting unending wars, defunding the arts and education, and committing the majority of violent crimes. But yeah, civilization crumbling is all on us. 

Annnnd Lori totally agrees with Trey. Normally I'd take Trey's comment a part piece by piece but I have no desire to dwell in the vileness that is his words today. They're evil and hateful. 

image.png

So Trey thinks women should obey their masters/owners and show them the "highest form of respect, mingled with fear." (bolding mine).

If, as a wife, I am in fear of my husband, then I need to GTFO.  If I'm in fear, then he has done/said something to make me afraid.

If I'm afraid, then by definition that man is not a good/nice/loving man. Not a man deserving of respect.

Jesus will not love a woman more if she lives in fear and allows a man, husband or not, to physically/mentally/emotionally abuse her and make her afraid.

God gave women brains and the sense to know when a situation is unsafe. He expects to use our brains and make wise safe choices.

Men like Trey, Dave and Cabinet Man, spew this sick, twisted idiocy in order to justifying their spousal/ familial abuse. They think they are big tough godly men who show how big tough and godly they are by abusing women. 

In reality they are weak pitiful bullies who build themselves up by hurting others. "See how godly I am. My wife respects and fears me."  Right up until the time he either kills her or she sets fire to the bed while he's asleep.

I know Ken reads here ......... so just asking

Does Lori fear you?

If Lori does fear you, how can you tell?

If she fears you, how does it make you feel?  Is it a turn on? 

Is that what you really want -- a wife who is afraid of you?

Inquiring minds want to know

My VERY conservative pastor preached a series of sermons on being a Christian husband, wife, and family. The one thing that has stuck in my mind is when he said that a husband cannot DEMAND his wife's respect or submission to his leadership...he has to EARN it by showing his wife over and over that he puts her FIRST. Her needs, her wants, her desires. He told a story about when the church was really starting to grow and he was busy with ministry...his wife wanted him to take out the trash (they had 5 children and homeschooled). Just take the trash out. He got a little upset thinking "I'm doing all these important things and she wants me to stop and take out the trash??"...then it dawned on him...while he was so busy doing things he thought were just so big and wonderful, she was doing the more important job...raising and educating their children. He took the trash out. He says that if a wife doesn't respect her husband he needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror to see what HE is doing wrong. 

Also...in that vein...our pastor also says a husband who claims to love his wife will always put her before himself...

These idiots would have a FIT listening to any of our pastor's sermons on marriage...they'd claim he doesn't know what he's talking about, that he's a wimpy Christian man. News Flash...our pastor is many things, but wimpy...nope. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Welp, Trey is back.  Crazy, the kind of people Lori and Ken have ended up associating with.  I guess the apple never falls far from the tree...

Sounds a lot like justifying abuse, doesn't?

He continues:

This guy is a piece of work, and Lori and Ken are so much like him, that they don't even see it. 

Well, Ken probably knows it makes them look bad, and it probably makes him squirm, but I seriously doubt he'll have the guts to speak up.  I shutter to think what would happen if he treated Queen Lori like he was her master and owner...

Lori doesn't want to live that way...she just wants other women to have to.

Please tell me this total waste of space is not married.

@feministxtianThat is the only scenario where I can envision complementarianism working. However, comp is ultimately an unworkable system.

When one of my kids explained BDSM to me, I was completely shocked—because of the obvious practice of respect and consent and not-fear I was hearing. Better relationships than many “christian” marriages I know.

26 minutes ago, refugee said:

Please tell me this total waste of space is not married.

Agreed. Does anyone know? I don’t think Trey has appeared since I learned of Lori and this site. Is he also on FB?

soeaking of strange men- what happened to Mykal Gabor? He’s not engaged with Lori in a long time. 

46 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My VERY conservative pastor preached a series of sermons on being a Christian husband, wife, and family. The one thing that has stuck in my mind is when he said that a husband cannot DEMAND his wife's respect or submission to his leadership...he has to EARN it by showing his wife over and over that he puts her FIRST. Her needs, her wants, her desires. He told a story about when the church was really starting to grow and he was busy with ministry...his wife wanted him to take out the trash (they had 5 children and homeschooled). Just take the trash out. He got a little upset thinking "I'm doing all these important things and she wants me to stop and take out the trash??"...then it dawned on him...while he was so busy doing things he thought were just so big and wonderful, she was doing the more important job...raising and educating their children. He took the trash out. He says that if a wife doesn't respect her husband he needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror to see what HE is doing wrong. 

Also...in that vein...our pastor also says a husband who claims to love his wife will always put her before himself...

These idiots would have a FIT listening to any of our pastor's sermons on marriage...they'd claim he doesn't know what he's talking about, that he's a wimpy Christian man. News Flash...our pastor is many things, but wimpy...nope. 

My very conservative minister says the same things.  Marriage is a team effort, a partnership.  Its not about power and inequality.  

The Alexander's heads would explode if they came to our church--we have a parochial school, women wear pants, we have a co-ed softball team, we do family things, like trunk-or-treat.  And we believe ALL PEOPLE were created in God's image.  

Yo Trey!  The last thing you need is a wife, you know, an actual person with needs such as love protection, tenderness and friendship. The last thing any wife needs is you as a husband. I wish perpetual singleness on you, for the sake of any possible future family members.

What you want is what ISIS fighters want out of their ‘wives’. Really, your thinking is much more in line with ISIS than with the Bible. You got the wrong religion. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived