IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

52 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

As a matter of fact, she has done nothing that millions of other moms, Christian or not, have done for their kids. Many do these things while holding down a job, too.  If you're not lazy and selfish, you find a way to help others despite your job status and despite your health status. 

THIS! <3 <3 <3

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.  Lori says:

I wasn’t able to do this with her last one because I was so ill but it’s a huge blessing that I felt well enough to go this time. 

Priorities are a funny thing.  

In late May of 2016 Lori posted a picture of a baby shower (hosted at her house) for Emily and Cassi.

By Aug. 1, Lori was posting pictures (including the baby) from her VACATION (which apparently Grandma's aren't supposed to take) in Door County.

So: Too ill to help take care of baby.  Well enough to go on vacation.  Got it.  

You guys, Lori can’t volunteer for anything. Godly women don’t leave their houses.

Except for when they go on their ten week vacations. Or out to expensive dinners. Or when they are out taking photos of other people or their houses so they can blog about how ungodly they are.

But other than all that, godly mentors stay at home.

It seems Lori re-posted that "homeschooling" train them up gif again and is busy replying to all and sundry.  Those evil, evil, state schools that indoctrinate children with the devil's secular beliefs -- after they take them away of course and rehome them with godless foster parents (i.e., people who think Lori is an idiot).

I had to laugh at the man who listed all the things he learned being homeschooled.  He could have learned all of them at home even if he was in public school  and many, if not all of them, in public school. At least he was honest admitting there are subjects he still struggles with -- math and science I bet.

Who is with me that the post was aimed at one of her children who is thinking of putting the children in public school?  I vote for Ryan's three as his wife is now very busy with her business. Unless LoriKen want to pay for private Christian school for all 3, I doubt Ryan can afford it right now.

Maybe Lori's kids realize that their homeschooling was totally inadequate and the Christian schooling not that rigorous. Perhaps they weren't as prepared for dental school etc, as they should have been and want better for their children. 

Unfortunately I think Cassi will follow all things Lori.  I hope against hope Cassi foregoes the leather strap and weird food obsessions though.

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Maybe Lori's kids realize that their homeschooling was totally inadequate and the Christian schooling not that rigorous. Perhaps they weren't as prepared for dental school etc, as they should have been and want better for their children. 

I've been wondering about this. I wonder if the kids struggled in college because they were not adequately educated at home. I think, at the very least, they might have struggled with time management and scheduling. Lori admits she had them do marh and read in their rooms. She took her boys surfing most days. 

I wonder if they showed up late for class a lot because they weren't used to actually following a set schedule. Did they, upon seeing a due date for a project say "Um.  You mean we have to have this done by a specific date?"  

They very well could have struggled academically, as well. Lori put no effort into teaching them and, Lord knows, they could not have inherited any intelligence from either parent. 

We know Steven graduated from dental school but I'm betting it was by the skin of his teeth. I also am betting the reason Ken bought into that practice was because Steven did not have a very good transcript to present at job interviews; so daddy just bought him a practice so he could be the boss. 

To sum up: I fear the four Alexander kids are as dumb as their parents due to a lousy education provided by Mom. 

21 hours ago, Loveday said:

Yeah, I saw that: " If women are not made in God's image they sure are a close second. And this we will find out when we get to heaven."  I died laughing. 

And this is why I learned Hebrew - if they understood the structure of the Hebrew, they would not read their own bias into the (poor) English translation.  Hebrew repeats "Male and female he created them" to make sure that it is understood that the plural of "humankind" "mankind" "man" being in the image and likeness of God is understood as applying to both genders.  

19 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

We know Steven graduated from dental school but I'm betting it was by the skin of his teeth. I also am betting the reason Ken bought into that practice was because Steven did not have a very good transcript to present at job interviews; so daddy just bought him a practice so he could be the boss. 

I would suspect this however, Steven is smart. The reason is because Steven got into an orthodontist residency which is extremely competitive and most dental students are desperate to get it but can’t. You have to be in the very top of the class to get an orthodontics residency. Most orthodontists don’t draw in the mega bucks (200-500k) until they have equity/or ownership in a practice so Ken did what he could with his connections to get Steven that.

Let's remember that Lori' s kids were only bomeschooled for like 1 year so they did have to have papers be due, be on time for class, and things like that.

@Red Hair, Black Dress I too think it’s directed at Ryan and Erin. Lori's latest blog references helping them as needed, but wasn’t there a time when she watched 1 or 2 of them once a week during homeschool coop? She didn’t mention that this go around. 

I was looking at visitor posts on her FB page. Flicka Johnson posted a question about how to find homemaking groups because she’s moved from a rural area to a metro area. It seems there are no interested women. I’m sad that she’s feeling lonely and out of place, but I don’t get the hyperfocus on homemakers only. She seriously can’t engage with a group of Christian women on any other topic? I’m a working mother and believe that’s what I’ve been called to do- but I enjoy cooking and baking and would like to learn more about gardening and canning. 

I don’t know any moms that stay home and do what Lori and her ilk require. They are in a much higher economic bracket and spend time at the gym, at the spa, and pursuing their interests. They are busy but in a different way (some of them have cleaning people). My homeschool parent friends are also very busy- coop, music lessons, art lessons, physical education activities, etc. All of which costs money (in my community). I’m sure there are some that don’t engage in these but imagine it’s a fairly small number. I do know of one mother that homeschools- to keep her kids away from the riffraff (not her specific words but that was the gist). She has a large social media presence and sells plexus while her kids are schooled by Abeka online. I think she does it because she sees it as a badge for honor. She’s also narcissistic and superficial. 

4 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

And this is why I learned Hebrew - if they understood the structure of the Hebrew, they would not read their own bias into the (poor) English translation.  Hebrew repeats "Male and female he created them" to make sure that it is understood that the plural of "humankind" "mankind" "man" being in the image and likeness of God is understood as applying to both genders.  

This is why I'm a big supporter of using humankind over mankind because it clarifies the meaning and prevents people from making crap up.

However, these are the very same people that don't want a gender inclusive Bible that uses both genders when appropriate. To me this shows that they want to dictate want the Bible says rather than letting it say what it means. They avoid clarity at all costs, it's why they hold on to the KJV. 

I am ONLY speculating but Ryan, Erin’s husband, must feel like shit in LoriKen’s family. He majored in biology at Biola and probably wanted to be a doctor like Lori’s Dad or go to dental school like Steven but it didn’t work out and he ended up working for Ken.

We ALL know what kind of people LoriKen are and how they brag about Steven The Orthodontist Golden Child. It got to the point that even Cassi’s husband transferred from Pharmacy school to Dental school to be like Steven!!! Ken most definitely had a hand in that. 

Originally, Ryan and Erin, being the first to get married and have kids, were revered by LoriKen but now Steven & Cassi appear to be The Golden Children. Perhaps Ryan is going to law school to try to prove something to LoriKen.

I think of how much I can’t stand Lori but it must really suck to be Alyssa and Ryan and have to put up with LoriKen.

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Who is with me that the post was aimed at one of her children who is thinking of putting the children in public school?  I vote for Ryan's three as his wife is now very busy with her business. Unless LoriKen want to pay for private Christian school for all 3, I doubt Ryan can afford it right now.

I could see this panning out. Ryan's oldest child will be turning 7 soon. The second kid is a couple of years younger. Maybe, Erin has tried to squeeze in homeschooling and isn't happy and maybe Ryan also finds it inadequate. They could be waiting until next school year to put Emma and the little boy in a public school. Let's say they have made this announcement and Lori is pissed as hell. I wonder if Ryan and Erin live in the same suburb as Lori. They might feel that public schools there are decent enough to try.

To home school a child is a full time job. You have to prepare them to be able to take care of themselves when they are grown. You have to prepare them not only to be able to keep up in college, even if they don’t end up going, but also prepare them to make it in the real world. Fundies don’t understand that. People who believe the man should be the bred winner and the women should stay at home. 

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I am ONLY speculating but Ryan, Erin’s husband, must feel like shit in LoriKen’s family. He majored in biology at Biola and probably wanted to be a doctor like Lori’s Dad or go to dental school like Steven but it didn’t work out and he ended up working for Ken.

We ALL know what kind of people LoriKen are and how they brag about Steven The Orthodontist Golden Child. It got to the point that even Cassi’s husband transferred from Pharmacy school to Dental school to be like Steven!!! Ken most definitely had a hand in that. 

Originally, Ryan and Erin, being the first to get married and have kids, were revered by LoriKen but now Steven & Cassi appear to be The Golden Children. Perhaps Ryan is going to law school to try to prove something to LoriKen.

I think of how much I can’t stand Lori but it must really suck to be Alyssa and Ryan and have to put up with LoriKen.

I have also noticed that Lori doesn't praise Alyssa and Ryan as much as Steven and Cassi. I still think Alyssa is her least favorite child.  I'm curious about what kind of law practice Ryan plans to do. I have wondered if he will go into malpractice or possibly something having to do with business law. I would feel really sorry for Alyssa later on because Lori will be bragging about having an orthodontist son, lawyer son, and dentist son-in-law. Alyssa's husband has some kind of career in construction. There's nothing wrong with that and Jon probably works his ass off. But, I can see Lori and Ken eventually having a classist attitude towards Jon.

I think Ken is grooming Steven, Cassi’s husband, and Ryan (with his law skills) to take over the business. Alyssa’s husband used to work for Ken but stopped for some reason.

Does anyone know what law school Ryan got into? Law school rankings are a big deal now because there’s so many lawyers.

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Ken is grooming Steven, Cassi’s husband, and Ryan (with his law skills) to take over the business. Alyssa’s husband used to work for Ken it stopped for some reason.

Does anyone know what law school Ryan got into? Law school rankings are a big deal now because there’s so many lawyers.

Fluffy might know which law school he is in. A part of me wonders if Ken is planning to end his business once he retires and Ryan has decided to move onto a law career. Cassi's husband should be finishing dental school in a few months. I might have missed it. But, has Lori said anything about Cassi's husband aiming to be orthodontist?

7 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Ken is grooming Steven, Cassi’s husband, and Ryan (with his law skills) to take over the business. Alyssa’s husband used to work for Ken it stopped for some reason.

The Little Red Schoolhouse of Biblical Law.   

46 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

To home school a child is a full time job. You have to prepare them to be able to take care of themselves when they are grown. You have to prepare them not only to be able to keep up in college, even if they don’t end up going, but also prepare them to make it in the real world. Fundies don’t understand that.

Oh, I'm sure many of them understand that homeschooling can be rigorous (even more than public school) when it comes to preparing for college and keeping up in the real world. But if that's not the end goal, which it often isn't (especially for daughters), you're going to wind up with a totally different priorities and approaches.

Since I have been reading Lori’s posts, doodles and comments and since I am a member here and since I have every right, may I just say that I can no longer ever use the word ‘since’.  Since I just re-read her last post, I am in a rage over it. I have hated it since I started reading her bullshit. And, since I neither like nor agree with her about anything, I am removing this word from my vocabulary.

Since reading other fundies, I also abhor ‘sweet’ and ‘precious’.  

Catching up.

GRAPE JUICE??? The only other person I’ve seen mention this is Mike Keller. Modern day alcohol was a weed killer?? :pb_lol: I googled “alcohol weed killer”, and apparently rubbing alcohol aka surgical spirit can kill weeds. That’s not the kind of alcohol one drinks. Dumping a bottle of wine on your weeds probably isn’t that effective. Rubbing alcohol is anything between 50/99% alcohol which would probably kill you (and that’s before the chemicals added to make it taste bitter). Given that the average percentage of alcohol in wine is 11%ish, you really cannot draw a comparison. 

I realise I’ve become a little too invested in this :pb_redface:...

Ok I have way too much time on my hands tonight. After Lori's recent rant on public schools, I decided to check out the schools in her area. The assigned schools for Lori's address are really good (according to great schools rating)

Pacific Rim Elementary -10

Aviara Oaks Middle -9

Carlsbad High -8

6 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Ok I have way too much time on my hands tonight. After Lori's recent rant on public schools, I decided to check out the schools in her area. The assigned schools for Lori's address are really good (according to great schools rating)

Pacific Rim Elementary -10

Aviara Oaks Middle -9

Carlsbad High -8

Yes, because she lives in an expensive neighborhood. Carlsbad is not “Beverly Hills level” but it’s a wealthy neighborhood. What website did you find this on?

Another OT subject that comes to my mind is how nasty and condescending Lori was in her chat group when she linked a 500k home in TN she liked for “downsizing” and called it “cheap”. She has the audacity to do that when some of those women are married to husbands making minimum wage.

She is so arrogant that you can’t even make this up.

25 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Yes, because she lives in an expensive neighborhood. Carlsbad is not “Beverly Hills level” but it’s a wealthy neighborhood. What website did you find this on?

It was on Zillow under "Nearby Schools"

20 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Another OT subject that comes to my mind is how nasty and condescending Lori was in her chat group when she linked a 500k home in TN she liked for “downsizing” and called it “cheap”. She has the audacity to do that when some of those women are married to husbands making minimum wage.

She is so arrogant that you can’t even make this up.

I sometimes wonder if Lori gets pleasure out of doing shit like that.  She damn well knows many of those fangirls can't afford a 500k house. I've said it before, I find it hard to feel bad for her fangirls. Lori reminds me of a cult leader who found the right people to prey on.

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I sometimes wonder if Lori gets pleasure out of doing shit like that.  She damn well knows many of those fangirls can't afford a 500k house. I've said it before, I find it hard to feel bad for her fangirls. Lori reminds me of a cult leader who found the right people to prey on.

She lacks class and gets a sick thrill out of making herself feel “better” than her struggling followers. It makes her life feel less miserable to kick everybody down while going, “Hahaha! Look at me, my successful husband and kids, my healthy food, I’m richer AND Godlier than YOU! Na na na boo boo!”

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived