IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Paul also says that husbands are supposed to love their wives like Christ does the church.  Why is it always up to the women, in lori’s opinion, to never point her husbands flaws but he can point hers out? Where in the Bible does it say that all of the faults in a marriage are the wife’s? 

2C53E1B4-650C-41F2-B088-A86703D1FA95.png

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Pammy said:

Yes, @sarah92, the Greek masculine plural works the way you describe. It's similar to Spanish and many other languages with grammatical genders. Masculine forms mean that the physical gender of the people involved could be: male, mixed, unknown, generic, or unimportant to communicate.

I don't think Lori has any concept of how language translation works. I fear she thinks you just plug in the corresponding words, easy peasy.

I don’t think Lori has any concept of how anything works. She doesn’t understand science , nutrition, marriage , normal human interactions or the bible. She is clueless but for reasons I don’t understand she has followers who listen to her. They must be equally clueless.

So now men should be the ones driving the family around, paying for the meals out, and doing all home repairs. She's rapidly going downhill. 

My husband would love it if I did all the driving. I guess that means he's not a real man.

Jesus take the wheel. :roll:

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

So now men should be the ones driving the family around, paying for the meals out, and doing all home repairs. She's rapidly going downhill. 

Well,I admit my husband usually drives when the whole family goes somewhere. He also pays the check when we eat out. He even installed the dishwasher. I was a good helpmeet passing the tools though.

56 minutes ago, EowynW said:

The important thing to remember here, is that the Alexanders did it the "right way".

My children had the same upbringing. I was home full time and Ken worked to provide. He always drove, paid at restaurants, took care of the heavy and broken things in and around the home, and prayed over family meals. Our children were given clear examples of maleness and femaleness and their roles.

That's what Lori says.

Ken says:

Lori took care of the kids, the home, the cars, the lawn

He continues:

I took care of... my food, my ironing

In conclusion, because Ken and Lori (clearly) had it right, all household chores should now be assigned as follows.

"Femaleness" Chores:

Mowing the lawn

Car Maintenance 

"Maleness" Chores:

Cooking

Ironing

***If you have a problem with this, then clearly you HATE God and His ways!***

Because as Lori says:

God has given us clearly defined gender roles in the family

Wait... Driving a family around is masculine? And all the heavy lifting? My family leans towards having more girls than boys so this simply wouldn't work. It's called helping each other. And how would a mother driving confuse gender roles? Or a mother being able to lift heavy things? Wait are we not supposed to open pickle jars as well? This post confuses me so much and I think it misses much of history especially women who lived on farms. 

*sheepishly raises hand* my husband does his own ironing. I tried, but I suck at it. I always took my uniforms to the cleaners and they ironed them for me. But that was back in the dual-income days!

Lori may have "been home full time", but it's not like she mothered her kids, or put in any work. When Ken says she took care of the cars and the lawn, I can't picture Queen Bee Lori changing the oil in a car. Or mowing the lawn. More like she took the car to the dealer for maintenance and found a landscaper.

@Sarah92, her post absolutely ignores the literal heavy lifting that women throughout history have done and are still doing. Farm work springs to mind right away. Girlfriend doesn't think women lift bales of hay or weigh newborn calves? Mom and Dad's farm would have folded if it wasn't for the hard work of women.

11 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

And how would a mother driving confuse gender roles? Or a mother being able to lift heavy things?  

If gender roles are that easily confused, they deserve to be abolished.  Oh, wait...they deserve to be abolished anyway.  

What triggered this post? Did one of her sons have to do unauthorized ironing? Did a daughter or daughter-in-law fix something? 

She is declining.

She absolutely does not have the faintest notion of rural life or history.  30 years ago, in one of my agricultural college classes, (sheep production, to be specific) I actually had a professor quip..."You should never have more sheep....(at this point we all hovered over notebooks, ready to record something we thought would be on a test) ...than your wife can take care of." She'd have shriveled up like a little leaf if life had ever required anything of her.  Fortunately, it hasn't.

@TeddyBonkers I don’t iron either. DH does it typically- even mine. He says he can do a better job and he’s right. When our old iron died, he researched irons and went to all our local stores to visually inspect them and get a feel for them. We spent a small fortune on a rowenta. I will say- on the few occasions I have had to iron, it is easier than our old $15 black and decker iron. 

DH also is the one to clean the toilets about 99% of the time. It’s a chore that makes me gag lol. He also thinks I overuse bleach and such. 

I bought an adorable midi skirt with pleats (I've been searching for months for an affordable plus sized one) recently. However to my horror I realized I had no idea how to iron a pleated skirt. I couldn't help but wish my dad was around to iron it because he's used to ironing his shirts and such. I did manage it okay though. And then I got a tear in it cause I caught it on something :( and wished he was around again to help me mend it since he's mends a lot of his clothes. 

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

My husband would love it if I did all the driving. I guess that means he's not a real man.

Jesus take the wheel. :roll:

Due to my having issues with car sickness (somehow related to my migraines, per my neurologist), I make a lousy passenger.  I do all the driving (unless i'm sick).  And, horror of horrors, my husband *gasp* cooks, does laundry and wears a kilt!  If not driving is enough to take his real man card, I guess that my husband is really a woman with a hairy chest and legs!

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I can't picture Queen Bee Lori changing the oil in a car. Or mowing the lawn. More like she took the car to the dealer for maintenance and found a landscaper.

Exactly.  Just like she found a housekeeper and a nanny. 

There may be certain "femaleness" chores to be done, but I think Lori's real expertise is finding someone else to do it all for her.

Reader:

Wow! Women can do a lot when we put our minds to it!

Lori chimes in with her motto:

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else.

Why do anything, when you can have someone else do everything for you?!?!

Driving looks like this in our house...if it's the Expedition...he drives. If it's the Mustang, I drive (it's a stick shift and he can't drive a stick and I refuse to teach him). 

Ironing? Fuck that noise...hang it up and hope for the best...although he did iron his uniforms back in the day b/c he didn't like the way I did it. 

Sewing? I sew...and can actually make clothes. He can do hems and quick repairs. 

Earning money? That's on both of us. 

Car repairs - that shit gets farmed out these days. No garage and no tools right now. 

Yardwork - we live in an apartment. When we finally have a house again, there won't be much of that, in the desert, grass is an expensive proposition. 

Lori...go screw yourself. 

17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I believe the word “kinsmen” means that Junia was indeed a man.

In other words, you didn't do any research and you are just pulling things out of thin air..... 

Looking at multiple translations you see: countrymen, fellow Jews, my relatives, and compatriots replacing kinsman. Paul highly regards these individuals and considers them either to be family or very close friends. I wish I knew more about the Greek language because in Spanish the plural masculine (i.e niños referring to a group of boys and girls) is often used to include a group of males and females. I'm wondering if this is the case here.  Of course, I could be wrong on the Spanish thing as it has been awhile. 

Just wanted to say that this is correct for Koine (Biblical) Greek - I have no idea about the contemporary Greek language.  But plural masculine form was also used as inclusive of women.  Plural feminine would exclude men.  The easiest to understand example from Greek is one that has been retained in English.  Alumni refers to both men and women while technically the plural of the masculine "alumnus".  Alumnae is the feminine plural of the feminine singular "alumna".

15 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Phyllis did in fact have 6 children and a housekeeper to assist in raising them. I found a reference to that in a news article. When confronted, Phyllis said she was never away overnight and that she had her husband’s permission to be doing what she was. She also had three degrees. I find it kind of interesting that a woman of her wealth and privilege was so focused on keeping women in what she saw as their place, no matter what she was doing. I did not know until today that she was against the ERA.   

I tend to think Mrs. Schlaffly's perspective gets taken out of context a lot and skewed by both sides.  Certainly, I do not expect Lori to do anything but misquote every source - no matter who.  I mean, the way she twists the Bible into what she wants is evidence that she will do it with everyone else's words as well. 

But then again, I have a soft spot in my heart for Mrs. Schlaffly. She offered me  my first real job after college.  (But I chose to work elsewhere instead as I did not want a life in politics.) She was a great encouragement and inspiration to me in both getting an education and choosing a career at a time when others were not.

She really seems to be headed down the road toward a padded room, as she is getting increasingly disconnected from reality.

I grew up on a farm, where my dad was the only male of the 5 people in our family, and he worked full time and had a shop where he did small repair work as well. My mom was a "stay at home mom", but that meant raising the kids, feeding the cows, maintaining our garden (we grew lots of food for ourselves), dealing with the truck that picked up the milk, cleaning the milk barn, taking care of the calves, dealing with the vet, all the family and farm stuff involving banking and paperwork, keeping everyone healthy... all while taking care of the house and doing much of the cooking too. Lori wouldn't have made it through one hour of my mom's day, there was no lying on the couch while the nanny kept the kids quiet and the housekeeper scrubbed the toilets. And my sisters and I? We worked too. Picking beans and corn, helping clean the barn, driving tractors, etc. Hay baling took the entire family. We got to play a lot, too, but we did work.

Also, my younger sister drives everywhere, in my family. Doesn't matter whose car it is, or who else is with us, she drives. Dad sits in the back seat, mom in the passenger seat so she doesn't get carsick.

Lori is fading more and more into some sort of fantasyland.

Do we know if Lori still has a housekeeper? I was scrubbing my kitchen and cleaning baseboards today and wondering if Lori even knows how to clean her house. I can see her being what my mother used to call "a lick and a promise" kind of housekeeper. I'm not a perfect housekeeper, but I'm betting I clean more thoroughly than Lori ever does.

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Also, my younger sister drives everywhere, in my family. Doesn't matter whose car it is, or who else is with us, she drives. Dad sits in the back seat, mom in the passenger seat so she doesn't get carsick.

I wonder what Lori would say about adult age daughters who can drive, and get carsick? 'Tough luck, Dad has to drive since he's the M-A-N.  Here's a barf bag, get in the back seat, and hope for the best.'  

And I bet Lori would make sure the daughter wasn't sitting behind her in the car...wouldn't want to risk getting puked on, now, would she? 

3 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Do we know if Lori still has a housekeeper? I was scrubbing my kitchen and cleaning baseboards today and wondering if Lori even knows how to clean her house. I can see her being what my mother used to call "a lick and a promise" kind of housekeeper. I'm not a perfect housekeeper, but I'm betting I clean more thoroughly than Lori ever does.

I would bet the farm that she does.  The time she spends online and doing her kitchen chores must keep her busy, not to mention she does have some serious health issues that would make cleaning difficult. 

12 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I wonder what Lori would say about adult age daughters who can drive, and get carsick? 'Tough luck, Dad has to drive since he's the M-A-N.  Here's a barf bag, get in the back seat, and hope for the best.'  

And I bet Lori would make sure the daughter wasn't sitting behind her in the car...wouldn't want to risk getting puked on, now, would she? 

oh, that reminds me of a story. I get car sick. It went away for a while but back with a vengeance since I was pregnant with #3 six years ago. The story happened when I was a kid. It was summer and my parents stopped to vote and us kids waited in the car. We were about 5 miles from home. I told my parents I didn't feel good. Dad (who I was sitting behind) said wait we are almost home. yeah, well, I lost my corn (seriously, I remember it was corn) all over his seatbelt and his bald spot on his head. From then on if I said I was sick, he pulled over quick. :D

About women's work. I know  of 1 chore that is women's work. Breast feeding. That's it, the only "chore". If you bottle feed, both sexes can do that but if the baby is fed from the breast, it is women's work. It is the only job that can only be done by a woman.

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

I looked for the verse in the Bible that says only men should drive their families around, pay for meals at restaurants and do all household repairs. Alas, I have come up empty. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived