IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like "cooking" "healthy" meals, I'd say. To the best of my recollection, the only things I've read about her actually cooking (throwing veggies and whey into a jar and calling them fermented veggies doesn't count as cooking in my book) are her vegetable soup, organic chocolate chip cookies, and bland roast chicken. I seem to remember that Cassi, on her blog (sorry, don't have the link handy), mentioned something about rosemary chicken Lori made. I wonder what they did at holidays -- did Lori actually cook then? It seems to me she must have at some point, but I just can't picture it in my mind.

There was a long-ago post where Ken wanted her to make chicken parmigiana for (I think) the son's graduation dinner, but she wasn't feeling great and wanted to make meat loaf instead. 

I don't get the impression she ever loved cooking or did more of it than necessary, but my guess is that with kids at home she must have occasionally had to "fix" real food.  

4 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

There was a long-ago post where Ken wanted her to make chicken parmigiana for (I think) the son's graduation dinner, but she wasn't feeling great and wanted to make meat loaf instead. 

I don't get the impression she ever loved cooking or did more of it than necessary, but my guess is that with kids at home she must have occasionally had to "fix" real food.  

random thoughts brought to you by the mind of QuiversR4hunting ...

Now you have me wondering, did her mom cook or did they have a chef or eat a lot of Stouffer meals? If her mom did cook, I wonder if Lori was forced to help all the time and thus has an aversion to cooking.

I unintentionally took a break from Lori and whatnot.  Nothing major happened, just didn't have the time to really look at her bullshit as much as usual... LOL.

Why does Lori hate on Christian colleges so much...? I mean honestly.  She wants kids homeschooled.  She wants "only men" to go to college and only if they "need" to, like if they're a doctor or lawyer (because those are the only fields that require a degree of any sort, apparently).  So if she wants no public colleges... then I would think Christian colleges would be something she would reserve as an "acceptable" type of college, since public ones would be too "evil".  But instead, she bashes Christian colleges directly... Anyone else find that odd?

Breaking news for Lori. She just got word that her beloved alma mater (Westmont) has a woman professor in its Department of Religious Studies. Actually, it has 4.

Faculty.JPG.efbd026ad11637f62bb0328ae5ea1479.JPG

The Rev. Dr. Helen Rhee has been there since 2004 (14 years!). Caryn Reeder has been on staff since 2007.

It must be nice to be so privileged that this is the kind of stuff she can waste time on. I'm crying into my coffee because the electric bill from going through 3 major cold snaps is almost half a paycheck, there's a tire to buy, two old cars to inspect and renew registration on. All due in the next 3 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

It must be nice to be so privileged that this is the kind of stuff she can waste time on. I'm crying into my coffee because the electric bill from going through 3 major cold snaps is almost half a paycheck, there's a tire to buy, two old cars to inspect and renew registration on. All due in the next 3 weeks. 

I know exactly how you feel! She's sitting (not) fat n'happy in SoCal bitching while there are people fighting with burst pipes. Winter stash running thin bc kids were out of school longer than they should have been. Parents who are taking off work potentially without pay bc of the damn flu. Medical bills piling up next to higher than normal gas/electric bills. Little miss spoiled princess will just put up her pedicured feet & bang out a new blog explaining how the feminists brought all this down on themselves. 

Lori today:

"Now, I’ve not attended any theological seminaries nor do I have a doctorate like Richter does but her assessments are wrong."

There you have it. She doesn't need a doctorate to be on your level. She's Lori Alexander, Prophetess.

Here's a quote worth reading. This one is for you, Lori:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Lori in her blog comments today:

God can use any willing vessel

As long as that vessel has a penis, amirite?

Hey Lori- the feminists and such you are so busy trying to engage are over you, me thinks. Why don’t you focus on what you should be teaching? I don’t see a viral post in your future. 

Spoiler

I believe the word “kinsmen” means that Junia was indeed a man.

In other words, you didn't do any research and you are just pulling things out of thin air..... 

Looking at multiple translations you see: countrymen, fellow Jews, my relatives, and compatriots replacing kinsman. Paul highly regards these individuals and considers them either to be family or very close friends. I wish I knew more about the Greek language because in Spanish the plural masculine (i.e niños referring to a group of boys and girls) is often used to include a group of males and females. I'm wondering if this is the case here.  Of course, I could be wrong on the Spanish thing as it has been awhile. 

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

— Exodus 20:17

I think this is an example of only using the masculine term but really meaning both. It only addresses coveting your neighbor's wife yet does not talk about coveting a neighbor's husband. However, I can assume that coveting a husband would be considered just as wrong. 

Spoiler

My husband, Ken, responded personally to Richter this way: I wish you would take Piper on in an in-depth discussion of this topic instead of appealing to a weak string of examples of women in ministry to overturn the clear precepts against women teaching in the church, as is clearly given in Scriptures. “I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet” (1 Timothy 2:12); and that an elder is to be “the husband of one wife,” etc. The actual mandates are many, yet you want to destroy them with a few crumbs of examples?

Translation: My husband Ken, took on a woman who is probably far more knowledgeable about scripture than him and thinks he won an argument using a few "crumb" examples of Scripture while ignoring the picture painted by the rest of God's word. And these example of women aren't crumb examples, they are examples plain and simple. The fact that he essentially refers to women as crumbs further illustrate his general lack of respect for women. 

Quite frankly, Lori's easy dismissal of the Old Testament is troubling. The Bible should be taken as a whole, it paints an entire narrative. After all, God is the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow. If he would choose a female to lead in the Old Testament he can certainly choose one in the New Testament. 

Spoiler

Anyways, as far as this woman you are talking about, I smell someone who has had a very fun life. Harvard, excavations, probably a lot of travel…I think her personal life looks very fun. You’re not going to get through to her, nor does she care.

She’s a researcher, a person who thinks the bible ‘Is such a fascinating story!!!’ it’s not a deep thing with her.

I think now the left has gotten such a strangle hold that many organizations are letting these worms in in hopes to stay in business…but in reality once you let the worm in it’s over.

I've met researchers who deeply love the Bible. I'd suggest this woman (and Lori) go read James 4:11-12.  Kathy, you're probably right, she probably doesn't care, Chances are she knows who she is in Christ and doesn't need Lori or Ken's approval. Also, don't call her a worm, what an awful thing to do. 

Spoiler

I hope Sandra Richter reads your blog post as I appreciate how you set each of her misexamples in the correct context.

Ha :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

random thoughts brought to you by the mind of QuiversR4hunting ...

Now you have me wondering, did her mom cook or did they have a chef or eat a lot of Stouffer meals? If her mom did cook, I wonder if Lori was forced to help all the time and thus has an aversion to cooking.

Her dad was a pathologist, not an investment banker or Queen of England. Most doctors don't have chefs. 

Actually, I think Lori looks happy and relaxed in the kitchen. I think she's against eating, not cooking. She seems to take a lot of pride in the Eikorn bread thing she makes

Good point, @Hisey.  Maybe it's not an issue of not liking to cook, but an issue of only liking to eat very specific things.  With no hungry teenagers at home, she can forget about meatloaf and just bake bread and ferment veggies to her heart's content.  (Ken is on his own.)

@PennySycamore I just read about your daughter...sending love, light and prayers to all of you. 

Oh Lori...she's a mess. I'll admit I did the "take it or leave it" for dinner when my kids were growing up. BUT...I rarely, if ever, cooked things they didn't like. It was more of "this is what I'm fixing for dinner...no, I'm not a short-order cook". With 5 kids, extracurriculars and an X that worked one week day shift and 2 weeks 2nd shift (3-11), oh hell no was I going to try to give them their little hearts' desires for dinner. I was big on one dish meals.

Now, I rarely cook...it's just me & Mr, Xtian. We throw together whatever and that's that. Last night he made his own damn dinner (and I wondered why my freezer & fridge looked so bare...the man had 3 burgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, regular salad, chips & dip and pop-tarts). 

Maybe once we move back into a place with a "real" kitchen I'll cook more...or maybe not...

I keep thinking of when she was hating on other bloggers for not teaching enough of the Bible. Don't they better illustrate "godly" womanhood while also actually helping women be better at keeping the home? I find recipes (besides bread and overpriced cookies), cleaning, money-saving, and crafting tips to be far more helpful than poorly used Bible verses with a huge side of fearmongering and gossip. Also many of these types bloggers do seem to have gentle, kind spirits. Sometimes our actions and the spirit in which we do things speech far louder than words, both written and spoken. 

Before she blocks me on IG, I am enjoying ripping her apart and calling her out on her BS about women working  She wanted to know how I knew that Phyliss Schafly left her children in the care of others.. She wrote books and had numerous speaking engagements you dumb twit.   Where do you think her children were? Someone was taking care of them....She also tried to say Eve never had her children in daycare.  I am sure I am blocked now but man that was fun.

@Sarah92 I agree. I dared to read the blog post comments from this morning’s post and those women are now arguing over whether or not a male pastor can be single or if he must be a husband and father- because he must show an ability to manage his wife and raise godly children. They can’t look past their version of the rules for men and women. I think some of these women get off on being so self-righteous. They don’t come across as loving and caring. In fact, I think they are miserable and feeling repressed, with no sense of who they are in Christ, so they want everyone else to be miserable. 

@teachergirl major props on the IG comment! I got a good chuckle! Phyllis did in fact have 6 children and a housekeeper to assist in raising them. I found a reference to that in a news article. When confronted, Phyllis said she was never away overnight and that she had her husband’s permission to be doing what she was. She also had three degrees. I find it kind of interesting that a woman of her wealth and privilege was so focused on keeping women in what she saw as their place, no matter what she was doing. I did not know until today that she was against the ERA.   

She was a living, breathing embodiment of The Handmaid's Tale  I am sure Lori will say since her husband " allowed" her then it wasn't sinful although how many times has she said a man must lead his wife and a Godly man would not want his wife to work.. I think I loathe more than any other and I wasn't going to let my one chance go to waste. lol

"I smell someone who has had a very fun life. Harvard, excavations, probably a lot of travel…I think her personal life looks very fun. You’re not going to get through to her, nor does she care."

@Sarah92Thanks for this gem. I skipped the comment section today. I didn't realize that Sandra Richter was a dirty little fun haver. The nerve of her, having fun and calling herself a Christian.

Yes, @sarah92, the Greek masculine plural works the way you describe. It's similar to Spanish and many other languages with grammatical genders. Masculine forms mean that the physical gender of the people involved could be: male, mixed, unknown, generic, or unimportant to communicate.

I hope she realizes how lucky she is that she never had to work. My dad worked two jobs so my mom didn’t have to work full time. My mom still worked and it was part time mostly on the weekend but occasionally it was during the week. When it was during the week we had a baby sitter. We all turned out just fine. Sometimes even Christian wives have to work to help the family out. Two jobs doesn’t always cut it and my dad wouldn’t have been able to sleep if he worked three jobs. 

FWIW, we sponsored a little girl named Junia in the Philippines some years ago.  In her case, the name was definitely feminine. 

@Fascinated and @feministxtian,  I share  a bit more about my daughter over in the Specularium thread on AYTFJ.  In fact, I need to write an update over there.

@PennySycamore That's great.

@teachergirl It's funny. Lori deletes your comment but retains her reply.  If Lori deletes her reply, we have another proof she's reading this thread. 

About the doctor hate, how can Lori Alexander treat her problematic pituitary and have brain surgery without a doctor's help? 

Lori says 'I don’t believe that single men are disqualified from being elders or else the Apostle Paul would not be qualified to be an elder. I believe the saying “the husband of one woman” means that he’s faithful to his wife and it helps to qualify that elders must be men.'  But...but...shouldn't Lori just take the Bible as it is? It's almost like she's twisting it to fit her own personal, easily deceived notions, not filtered through her owner's master's husband's interpretation. It specifically says that he MUST be a husband! 

Aaaaand she says 'So single men who have devoted their lives to the ministry of Jesus Christ as the Apostle Paul encouraged can’t be elders, preachers, or pastors? I just can’t agree with this.'  But if the devotee lacks a penis she can't do any of those things? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived