IGNORED

Anna's little sister gets engaged

Markie

Congratulations, Suze! I think it's great that you're living life the way you want to! I'm going to rehash what everyone else said here, but if your parents don't want to be involved in your life and be there for the happiest day of their life, it's their loss. They need to accept you for who you are, and that is what's important in the end. Surrounding yourself with people who love you for who you are is much more rewarding than putting on an act to gain love from others.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for your support. Nick and I watched a 19 kids and counting episode tonight and I laughed so hard I wanted to cry. I can't Believe they think they are going to save the world with that stupid ass show :lol:

I wish you and Nick all the best, Suze. My in-laws did not approve of me as a daughter-in-law, and didn't attend our wedding, but they did eventually accept me. That was 31 years ago.

Hopefully your family will eventually accept your choices, but if not, it's their loss.

I can't say this often enough, I give you credit for even WANTING your parents at your wedding.

I'am also curious about you living with Josh and Anna. :)If you want to tell.

I also can't praise you enough for getting yourself a decent education.

What does it feel like living a life that is a "regular" life for most of us, with wearing pants, a relationship you made work yourself, working job outside the house :shock: and basically a lot of freedom compared to what you were used to? Do you still enjoy that freedom? Do you like your job?Are you proud of yourself? You sure should be!

(Curious cause I'm in the process of breaking away from my parents, too, read "I need help. My mother is driving me crazy" on the chatter board if you're interested).

If SuzeK is really Suzanna Keller, then congratulations! I'm very happy for you & your fiance. May you have many happy and fulfilling years ahead.

Also, "normal families" don't exist! At all! Each family has their own troubles, some bigger than others, but no family is normal. You've been fed the image of perfect family from your upbringing, but I'm sure you can count a ton of families you knew who didn't fit that perfect mould.

It may end up being better in the long run, if your parents don't show up at your wedding anyway. It's unlikely that they will be happy the entire day, and they may even pull you aside & privately scorn you. This would certainly put a damper on your day. The wedding itself, is a ceremony of commitment between husband & wife, so there's no need to have others around, especially those who make you unhappy. Enjoy the day with your new life PARTNER!

SuzeK is it really you? We are happy to support you. I think we support all of the children; it's the parents that we criticize.

I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding! I hope it's a happy one, even if your family doesn't come.

• 1 month later...

Looks like most of the Keller kids got together in Texas. Wonder if this was the reunion the Keller parents had agreeed to come to and then backed out once all the arrangements wre made? Those missing were Priscilla and the two younger brothers who still live at home with their parents.

Here is a quote from FB:

Had a good time at lunch with some old friends. Rebekah, Daniel, Esther, Susanna, and Anna, it was so great to see you! =]

Glad to see Anna went and joined her siblings. Hope she goes to Suze's wedding.

Good on Anna! I guess it's like a bear shitting in the woods of fundieland; except for everyone who reads the Keller fb pages, it didn't really happen because TLC didn't tape it. Anna can attend without fear of reprisal as well, since she's under Smuggar's headship (and point B applies again). I wonder if Smuggar went to Nashville and taped last weekend without her! :o Eh, doubt it; there are times when they've been no-shows at lesser field trips and they can publicly plead TWO LITTLE KIDS! although that won't fly after the overseas debacle.

Back OT, isn't one of the brothers getting pretty close to 18? I feel for those boys; I bet Pa tries every trick in the book to prevent their escape (if that's what they want).

No surprise that Priscilla was a no-show. I'm sorry, but she's always rubbed me the wrong way, unlike Suze, whom I always found to be quite the spitfire. It's that fighting spirit that got her out of the cult and thriving in the real world. :mrgreen:

Good for the Keller kids to do that reunion. I am really surprised that Esther and her family appeared, since it must be really expensive for them with that many children and they also seem to be pretty fundie. Nice to see that they obviously seem to accept they way of life Rebekkah, Suze and Daniel chose!

In another comment, John (Esther's husband) said it would take up their entire savings. Not sure if they had been on talking terms before, maybe the reunion was their way to fix it. Excited for the pictures, if we get to see any. (Remember what Susanna wrote about the professional photographer). Would be nice to see fundy and nonfundy siblings together in one picture.

In another comment, John (Esther's husband) said it would take up their entire savings. Not sure if they had been on talking terms before, maybe the reunion was their way to fix it. Excited for the pictures, if we get to see any. (Remember what Susanna wrote about the professional photographer). Would be nice to see fundy and nonfundy siblings together in one picture.

that would be awesome. and I think it really means something that esther and john spend their entire savings! the rest of the keller familiy should start to think about their behaviour quickly!

• 2 months later...

Me too..

Its quite surprising that she deleted her account.. if she wanted less attention she could have simply change her privacy settings..

Maybe the deleted accounts happened because TLC was recently at Prisicilla K's wedding. The Kellers may be trying to get a good relationship with TLC again.

I just checked, and Susanna Keller still has a facebook account..she has the new timeline. Her brother, Daniel Keller, sister Esther Shrader and sister Rebekah McDonald are all there too. Maybe her account went down for a little while? It happened to one of my friends, they had to do something to restore their FB account. When is Susanna getting married?

Archived