IGNORED

Joy and Austin: 248 Days Since the Wedding and Still Counting

Coconut Flan

I don't feel sorry for Joy having to deal with the speculation, I don't think she seems to care about it anyway, it is part of the territory of being in the public eye but I do think tabloids and magazines should be held accountable for publishing fake stories and the ones that said she was pregnant and had to move the wedding forward flat out lied and should print a retraction. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"... And the evidence suggest you engaged in speculation!"

I'm having a Hamilton moment after reading that. I'll see myself out.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

*what's your name man?*

Derick Dillard. 

My name is Derick Dillard. 

And there's a million things I haven't done. 

But I'm gonna bitch about people who point that out instead of actually doing something

:) 

Oh, am I talking too loud? Sometimes I get overexcited, shoot off at the mouth... I never had a group of friends before, I promise that I'll make ya'll proud!

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Never apologize for having Hamilton Moments

Work work the Duggars don't know how to work work wooah wooah work (lol) 

On 2/15/2018 at 5:56 PM, singsingsing said:

I don't think it's any better for them to have all boys. Those boys are all going to be raised to believe that their penises invest them with magical God-given powers to oppress women and heathens. These holy penis-bearers are the next generation of extreme right wing religious fanatics intent of forcing the rest of us to live in their dystopian dream society. 

I mean, of course my ultimate hope is that any children they have escape fundamentalism. But some are going to stay. It may be worse to be a female fundamentalist, but I think male fundamentalists are worse for society in general.

I agree! I can’t get on board with the whole I hope it’s a boy thing. I get where it’s coming from, but I don’t feel that way. They might seem to be in a better position in terms of power dynamics or freedom, but by a very slim margin. Fundamentalism creates damaged human beings, male, female or otherwise. I have as much empathy for the boys who get turned into bigoted monsters with an inflated sense of their own importance by the time they’re adults as I do for the girls who get turned into baby factories with no self determination or autonomy. This belief system is bad for the soul.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:04 AM, VelociRapture said:

I definitely dropped before my daughter was born. My mom had three kids and instantly saw the difference when she came to pick my dog up in case we needed to go to the hospital. I also carried a bit on the high side though, so any dropping would have been noticeable. 

I think some people are just assholes, but a lot of people are likely just excited and don’t necessarily know how to properly show it. Kind of like how lots of people feel genuine sympathy when a woman suffers a miscarriage, but they say the wrong thing because they simply don’t know what to say. 

General guidelines for anyone reading though: if you aren’t 110% sure that your comment will be received positively, just don’t say it. Also, don’t touch a pregnant woman without her consent - if you wouldn’t touch a non-pregnant person in a certain way then don’t touch a pregnant person that way either. Pregnant women are still people and their personal boundaries should still be respected.

I posted on Facebook "If you didn't come in or out of me, don't fucking touch me."

40 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

I posted on Facebook "If you didn't come in or out of me, don't fucking touch me."

I must give off massive bitch face or something because no one has tried to touch me this pregnancy.  Either that or it's the difference between being pregnant in the South (first time) and the PNW (this time).

I almost can't believe she will soon be a mother of her own child. 

I hope her labor goes well, and she has the baby in the hospital. 

Seriously how can anyone think that a Duggar girl will go into marriage impure? That won't happen to any Duggar girl!

Only think I can see for the boys further down the line if they marry girls outside of the cult. Zach Bates kissed before marriage because Whitney was not raised quiverfull.

But  up until now all the Duggar boys have been with girls who are deep in the cult: Anna, Kendra, Lauren (Marjorie was too liberal...). My only hope is JD, he soooo needs a Whitney like Zach did!

I came here today specifically on babywatch-mission.

Do you think they will announce immediately/shortly after the birth or save it for a day or so before the start of the new Counting On season (provided baby decides to show up before the 26th)?

My impression is that they are a bit more private in general and will probably wait a day or two to announce it. I wonder if they would also get a magazine article, Duggar grandbabies aren't exactly breaking news anymore.

I hope Joy is allowed her own opinions during her labor and doesn't just focus on what Austin or I'm assuming Jill will tell her. 

Someone: "Push"

Joy: "Hang on I have to ask Austin..."

On 2/17/2018 at 11:29 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Eww yep! I remember Jill feeding Jackson with a can of peas. It was probably Michelle that told her to do it. Guess baby food was not an option. Well Jackson turned out ok...as far as we know. He's a cute lil dude. Hope he gets to dance when he wants one day.

Alyssa Webster has been seen doing the same thing on this season of BUB. My draw dropped when I was watching. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope Joy is allowed her own opinions during her labor and doesn't just focus on what Austin or I'm assuming Jill will tell her. 

This is why I believe she will name the baby austin girl or boy handsdown 

I don't think that Joy and Austin are private, they announced their pregnancy pretty quickly. They will likely announce the birth quickly as well, just because it tends to get out. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I can see the opposite happening. So far Austin may have only seen Joy keeping sweet. But with labor, all bets are off. Some of the sweetest women I’ve known become absolute terrors while in labor. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I don't think that Joy and Austin are private, they announced their pregnancy pretty quickly. They will likely announce the birth quickly as well, just because it tends to get out. 

joy told me that she will let me know as soon as austin lets her. 

They usually announce the birth within a day at most. I don't see any reason why Joy and Austin would be different, but you never know.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived