IGNORED

Josiah Duggar: Part 5

laPapessaGiovanna

I had to look up the yam thing cause I thought it was a joke, but no, some yams produce something that can be converted (in a lab) into an estrogen-like compound. The amount of random crap I’ve learned on FJ is really rather extraordinary. Thanks y’all! 

https://www.livestrong.com/article/458952-wild-yam-for-birth-control/

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I knew about yams and estrogen thanks to the second Sex and the City movie when Samantha’s hormones are comphiscated by customs on a foreign trip and she tries to use yams to keep her menopause symptoms at bay.

I've seen SO many references to handsex here. Can somebody point me in the right direction to see these photos of Josh/Anna?? lol

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've seen SO many references to handsex here. Can somebody point me in the right direction to see these photos of Josh/Anna?? lol

You have to watch the videos to get the full effect. No photo can do the grossness of it justice. I'm not sure where/if they can be found online, but the handsex was featured in the very first episodes of 19 Kids & Counting after Josh & Anna got engaged and drove back from Florida to Arkansas. Also featured is a custom pillow someone had made for Anna with Josh's face on it.

48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

You have to watch the videos to get the full effect. No photo can do the grossness of it justice. I'm not sure where/if they can be found online, but the handsex was featured in the very first episodes of 19 Kids & Counting after Josh & Anna got engaged and drove back from Florida to Arkansas. Also featured is a custom pillow someone had made for Anna with Josh's face on it.

You can definitely still find the J+A episodes on youtube.  Every so often, they get suggested for me. 

Oh I think I remember this J&A episode now...and by "hand sex" you guys mean when they were aggressively (what I like to call ) finger twinkling each other in the car for the whole drive? :handsex:  

Who was the poor chaperone who had to be in the back seat for all that? 

On 1/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, Carm_88 said:

My favourite thing about people not from Newfoundland is watching them try to say Newfoundland like the locals. 

Tourist: New-Found-land. 

*Locals Giggles* 

Tourist: I mean New-Finland

Well, that's as close as you're getting! :P 

What drives me nuts is "New-fund-lund", often uttered with a mouth full of marbles, which is probably similar to your New-Finland. I'm from T'ronna but my mom was a Newfoundlander and I learned to pronounce it properly when I was young. Most of my friends said "NewFOUNDlund".

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I would like to see more 2nd gen adults who are clearly not following their parents rules be more OPEN about WHY they have chosen a different path, even when that means criticizing their parents.  I think it's important for people to hear from 2nd gen fundies about how their parents' choices impacted them: both positively and negatively.  

@Georgiana I really like and agree with this point you've made. 

I think this is something that general people and non-fundies go through and it is natural for people to keep some of there parents "ways" and also question some and adapt some and toss some out for your own. These aren't always whole systems of living but often little things and the little things are important and make up a persons over all way of life. (Go to almost any thread on FJ to see examples of this for instance)

Anytime a Duggar kid wears pants or has more lax courtship rules or breaks from a conviction of their parents it attracts attention but sometimes I think it's too easy for them to hide under the media of it all and actually end up saying nothing about their own personal choices or why they decided to do something their  way even if it is a really small thing. 

Like, you don't have to convince me or most people that touching before marriage or wearing pants etc... is not a big deal and isn't what is or isn't going to get you to heaven! But hearing 2nd generation fundies talk about making even the smallest of choices for their lives based on logic or reason or anything resembling independent thinking is important to me.

P.S. Nova Scotian here and I pronounce it NewfinLand, emphasis on the Land.

14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I used to work with a woman who always called the Amish, the a-mish and always called Baltimore, Ball-tee-more.  (I've never heard anyone else pronounce it that way.) 

My father, who grew up in Philadelphia, pronounces Baltimore the exact same way.  Considering I'm planning to move back to said city this year from elsewhere in Maryland (need to be closer to work), he and I may have to have a discussion about his pronunciation soon!  He pronounces Amish correctly, at least, which is good considering our family has deep roots in Lancaster County, PA.

@HarleyQuinn Every once in a while whenever I have a bad day I somehow always stumble on your jokes and they always make me literally lol so just really wanted to thank you! :)

Their is nothing wrong with those photos they both look happy and all of the couples have set their own courtship rules anyway. 

The pic of Siah straddling the cannon is kinda Nike (for the Duggars) and they set their own courtship rules? Please tell me you're joking? 

No, there isn't anything wrong with any of those photos, if you are a "normal" couple. But in Duggarville it's all about purity and avoiding urges that can't righteously be fulfilled, so a pic that looks like they are kissing? Whoa Nelly!

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Their is nothing wrong with those photos they both look happy and all of the couples have set their own courtship rules anyway. 

really are they allowed to do that? I had no idea - 

They say they set their own courtship rules, but that doesn't mean a whole lot coming from the Duggars. I'm sure they wouldn't be okay with one of the kids deciding that spending the night alone with their boyfriend/girlfriend is within the courtship rules, for example!

That’s what JB mentioned along time ago well before any child was even of age to court. Everyone thought he was just saying that but I guess not.

Not one of the couples has decided to hold hands before engagement, so no, they don't make their own courtship rules. The woman's family set the rules. Kendra's dad decided how much touching is appropriate and Lauren's dad must be comfortable with a little more. 

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Not one of the couples has decided to hold hands before engagement, so no, they don't make their own courtship rules. The woman's family set the rules. Kendra's dad decided how much touching is appropriate and Lauren's dad must be comfortable with a little more. 

Didn't Jinger and Jeremy hold hands before engagement?

I mean, it's not really wrong for them to say that they set their own courtship rules. I think it's true. Different couples have had slightly different rules. Saying they set their own courtship rules doesn't mean they have zero constraints imposed on them by their parents, or that they haven't been brainwashed to the point that they would never consider kissing, or ditching the chaperones.

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Didn't Jinger and Jeremy hold hands before engagement?

I mean, it's not really wrong for them to say that they set their own courtship rules. I think it's true. Different couples have had slightly different rules. Saying they set their own courtship rules doesn't mean they have zero constraints imposed on them by their parents, or that they haven't been brainwashed to the point that they would never consider kissing, or ditching the chaperones.

Nope, I don't believe so. There was a lot of side or not quite front hugging going on but no hand holding. 

17 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Also featured is a custom pillow someone had made for Anna with Josh's face on it.

I wish barf emojis didn't count as down votes.

49 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Or a lot of them, really, since many times it's not against the poster, but against the subject matter.

I also wish we had an "interesting" one as well.

57 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I'm the person who once posted a picture of Josh's face as an experiment to see how many downvotes it would garner. I think it got over 200. So trust me, I will not be offended if anyone wants to use the 'disgusted' reaction on the handsex/Josh pillow post (or anything else - I fully support people using negative reactions on any of my posts for any reason whatsoever if they should so desire). :pb_lol:

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived